• Published 14th Dec 2022
  • 4,773 Views, 447 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected child - coto616



After she failed attack at the wedding, the queen finds a foal in the forest with a repulsive background.

  • ...
21
 447
 4,773

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12 - Sweet treats and unexpected talks.

---------------------------------
Chapter 12 - Sweet treats and unexpected talks.
---------------------------------

At a small table specially made for the little ones of the city and with lots of ice cream, Clear Spark, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were talking very animatedly, it was not very clear what they were talking about between the laughter and the movements of their paws in all directions, but apparently, it was something about Cutie Mark and a camp, at least that was the only thing the queen could hear from her position.

The monarch was extremely nervous and had a hard time hiding it, in front of her and with a big smile was the incarnation of the element of generosity together with the element of honesty, dangerous mares that without work could discover her lies, the adrenaline was constantly going up and down the queen's spine and she was attentive to the slightest noise around her.

Without much work they had locked her into a situation with no escape, something she didn't expect to happen today or ever, something she wanted to avoid as long as possible, a pleasant conversation between a group of mares drinking coffee and eating muffins, finally she couldn't help herself and had to accept it, after all, she was doing all this to give Clear Spark the life he deserved, she could stand a cup of coffee now and then for the sake of her beloved little one.

"And so Ms. Ivy, what motivated you to live with your son in our little town?". Rarity asked.

Chrysalis quickly turned her head towards the white unicorn, who was looking at her with big, curious eyes.

"Ohh... ummm... I wanted to give a... quiet life to my little Spark, because of his condition he is going to have a hard life and I want to help him as much as possible to integrate into society, he deserves a better life and I am going to give it to him."

"You talk like a mother but by the way, you refer to the little foal you had problems with before?, with his father maybe?."

"Rarity, stop questioning her so much, she's not a criminal or anything like that, just a mother with a son, nothing more." AppleJack said a little annoyed.

"AJ, you offend me if you think I'm gossiping about our new inhabitant's past life, I'm just engaging in friendly conversation, nothing more." Replied the unicorn hiding her face and intentions behind a sip of coffee.

"Rarity, I've known you for years and you always do the same thing, you want to know everything about everyone, did you ever think that maybe it's a delicate subject for her?"

"If it was a sensitive subject, she would have told us, don't you think so."

"At what point would she have told you if we met her less than ten minutes ago."

"I don't think it's a sore subject, but she's not Clear Spark's mother, his biological mother is sick and she asked Miss Ivy to take care of her little son for a while."

Said a pink figure as she approached the table with a plate full of muffins, drawing the attention of her friends and startling the queen as to how she knew that information.

"How do you know all that?" Chrysalis asked.

"Clear Spark told me when I brought her ice cream and asked her about her tastes for the surprise party to welcome the both of you, of course, I didn't mention the word party or the word surprise, wasn't I supposed to say it?."

"No it's not that, it's just that I didn't want the town to know that his mother doesn't want him...near...the...hospital while he's recovering from his illness."

Chrysalis managed to stop herself before she spoke too much, but since the group knew, she understood that eventually, the whole town would end up knowing too, so it would be best to tell her former group of enemies the same story Clear Spark knows and avoid any future problems about incongruities.

" Darling, if you don't want to talk about it you don't have to, we can keep it a secret and help you in any way we can to take care of little Spark." Rarity said with a smile.

"Also if you need work to support you and the little one, I can offer you one on the farm, I don't think you have much physical stamina being a unicorn but we can find something you can do." Replied AppleJack.

"And I could forget what I was told, even if I don't promise it will work." Finished saying Pinkie as she concentrated and rotated one of her hooves over her forehead in a strange attempt to eliminate thoughts.

"I thank you for your offers but I don't think they are necessary, my family is wealthy so I won't have any financial problems, you don't have to make weird memory-wiping moves either and it's not a secret in its entirety, I knew my little one would tell someone at some point, I just didn't think it would be so soon."

Actually, the queen did want to keep the whole thing a secret and frankly, she forgot to tell the foal not to tell anyone, it was a mistake on her part and she had to fix it soon, even though from another point of view the conversation could serve the monarch, telling a part of the story to the heroines of the nation would cement her alibi and eliminate any doubt in the future about Crystal Ivy and Clear Spark, the queen was the best at deception and she could easily take advantage of this moment.

"I am not Clear Spark's biological mother, but I do know his real mother and she...is in no condition to care for a foal, she has a serious problem and I took it upon myself to take care of him, I love him too much to leave him to his fate as his mother thought would happen in the beginning." It wasn't the whole truth but it was the truth the world needed to know.

"Good thing there are mares like you out there that can take care of a little one in his time of need, but our offer is always still on hoof, after all this is Ponyville, and we take care of each other here."

"I have a doubt, three doubts really." Pinkie said raising her hoof high.

"Didn't you understand something, it's not very complicated really."

"No, not that, it's something else." Pinkie lifted her up and stood face to face with the queen, their eyes almost making contact with each other. "Answer quickly and without thinking, favoritefoodfavoritecolorandfavoritething."

"What-what-what thing?" The queen asked in confusion.

"Favoritefoodfavoritecolorandfavoritething, answer fast and without thinking, now." Pinkie replied grabbing the queen by the shoulders and shaking her in all directions.

"Ahhhh..." Shouted the queen. "Ehhh... Apples... Green .... and.... and... Plants." She responded between yelps and dizziness as she felt her ragged body between the pink pony's hooves.

Pinkie released a dizzy queen as she got all the answers she needed and looked to the side as she scratched her chin thinking something over analytically.

"Hmmm...ok...yeah...yeah...that might work..." Pinkie Pie muttered. "Well, see you at your welcome home party." She finished saying as she happily walked away towards the bakery kitchen.

" Darling, are you okay?" Rarity asked as she magically helped Crystal Ivy from collapsing.

"Emmm... I think so." Replied the queen rubbing her head. "But what party is she talking about, I don't plan on having any parties."

AppleJack and Rarity chuckled.

"That's one of Pinkie Pie's famous welcome to Ponyville parties, completely awesome and completely unavoidable, consider it like... an initiation into a fraternity, so just accept it and get ready because within the week you'll have the whole town at your house partying."

"I can't help it?"

"No chance."

"Can I convince her not to throw the party?."

"I'd be the biggest strawberry merchant before you can convince Pinkie to cancel her party, and then the whole town will get to meet the two of you."

"Besides, think of how little Spark will be able to meet everyone in town and make lots of friends in one day."

The queen turned her head to see little Clear Spark talking and laughing with her new friends, maybe an awkward party now and then wouldn't be so bad.

"I think you're right." Chrysalis replied with a slight smile. "Then should I do something?"

"Just relax and enjoy yourself."

"I think I can do that."

"And you'd better tell Pinkie where they're living, I remember she once trespassed into half the houses in Ponyville looking for an address, including my boutique."

"And to my farm, there is only one apple farm in the whole region and that clueless pony broke into my room asking if Bon-Bon lived there."

"Ohh...well I live in the two-story house near the clock tower just outside of Ponyville."

"That's where Fluttershy lives, have you met her?"

"Who?" Asked the queen feigning intrigue.

"A yellow pegasus, somewhat shy, she lives with many animals in her cottage next to the forest, you will surely hear her singing to her birds at some point."

"I'll try to remember her characteristics to introduce myself when I see her." Of course, the queen knew the pegasus, she was also part of the group that foiled her plans, there was a possibility that all six element bearers lived in the same village?.

The rest of the afternoon the queen spent talking with the group of mares about different topics and personal tastes, she learned that the farmer revolved her life around her family and her farm and that the unicorn did almost the same with the fashion world and her little sister, the queen tried not to reveal too much information about her life, but she knew she could not keep quiet, she needed to gain the trust of that pair of mares if she wanted to avoid any suspicion.

Clear Spark for his part talked about his life smoothly, about his likes and dislikes and what he would like to do when he grows up, for their part, the group of fillies offered him a myriad of activities that he could try at their camp to discover his special talent and get his Cutie Mark, the colt was fascinated with every word almost jumping with excitement on his stool.

With many muffins inside her and the moon slowly rising over the horizon the queen realized the time, she had to go back home with Clear Spark, they both had a nice meal at Sugarcube Corner all paid for by Pinkie Pie so the queen wouldn't have to cook, which was a pleasure because she just wanted to get to sleep, she had to wake up early the next day, her little one had his first day of school, Chrysalis helped Clear Spark to get on her back and said goodbye to the group to start the way to their new home.

Already in her little house, the queen opened the door with her hoof and entered before closing it pushing it with her hind paw, she helped Clear Spark down and dropped her costume, she left the bag with the things she bought on the table before stretching and lighting some candles to illuminate the place.

"Do you like it?" Asked the queen.

"Emmm... I guess." Replied the colt.

"You don't like the furniture?, I know it's ugly, but I didn't think it was that ugly."

The foal chuckled causing intrigue in the queen, then pointed at his eyes with his hoof reminding the queen that he couldn't see the furniture.

"Ohh...right." The queen laughed back. "Well, we have some ugly furniture and a small kitchen, we each have our own room and we have a big backyard where we can plant vegetables or something else, some windows creak but if we work together we can fix everything, is that ok with you?".

The colt showing a smile nodded his head.

"Good, now let's get some rest, we have a lot to do tomorrow."

The queen once settled the colt on his back before taking him to his room and laying him down on his new bed, kissing him on the forehead and telling him another new and fascinating story, she left the door half open and went to her own room to rest.

Chrysalis was lying on her bed when she felt someone walking down the hallway and opened the door to her room, she lifted her head and could see a small figure peek in and slowly walk towards her bed, he had a hoof raised in front of him as he moved in a straight line.

"Do you need anything, water perhaps?" The queen asked.

"Mmmm..." Replied the foal shyly lowering his hoof as he listened to the queen.

"Do you need me to take you to the bathroom?, I can do that but..." The queen loved the little one but she didn't know the limits between a mare and a foal of his condition, maybe she should get some advice in that area.

"Mmmm... no." Replied the foal again in the same way.

"Are you hungry?, we have plenty of the fruit I bought."

"Can I sleep with you tonight, I heard some howling outside my window."

The queen was trying to imagine what it could be and remembered that one of the windows that needed to be repaired was the one in Clear Spark's room and that howling he hears was surely the sound of the window being knocked out of alignment when the wind blew.

"All right, but don't make it a habit, you have a room and I expect you to occupy it." Colt nodded his head. "Now go on ahead and you'll find the bed."

The foal continued on his way until with his hoof he felt the queen's bed, he jumped on it and approached the queen to settle between her front legs, the queen for her part hugged him like a stuffed animal.

"Good night Ms. Chrysalis, and thank you."

"Good night little one, rest up because you have a big first day tomorrow."

Quickly both figures fell asleep accompanied and sharing their lives, a son who did not know that his mother does not love him, and a mother willing to give him all her love.

PreviousChapters Next