• Published 14th Dec 2022
  • 4,803 Views, 447 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected child - coto616



After she failed attack at the wedding, the queen finds a foal in the forest with a repulsive background.

  • ...
21
 447
 4,803

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14 - Nightmare night and other surprises.

---------------------------------
Chapter 14 - Nightmare night and other surprises.
---------------------------------

Chrysalis was in front of the mirror in her room carefully contemplating her white unicorn figure, today was an important night for her and Clear Spark, today was their first Nightmare Night, she initially had the perfect costume, but no one would believe that she grew half a meter overnight to disguise herself as Chrysalis, so she had to use a plan B, she sighed and looked on her bed, some vampire teeth, some insect wings made of plastic and a green backpack.

A quick spell changed the color of her fur to almost black, she put on the vampire's teeth, glued the insect wings to the backpack, and put it on her back, Chrysalis looked in the mirror once again and saw that she did something that no one thought she would ever do, make a cosplay of herself.

Chrysalis had been living quietly in Ponyville with Clear Spark for several months and they had already participated in other festivities such as Hearths Warming Eve, Hearts and Hooves Day, and even participated in the Winter Wrap-Up, but this would be her first Nightmare Night and she had volunteered to accompany the little ones trick-or-treating, and she planned to do it well.

The queen fixed her mane with her hooves and went down the stairs where there were several little ones in costume, there was an astronaut, a Princess Luna, a little dragon dressed as a lobster, a pirate, and several changelings, Clear Spark had dressed as a miner.

"Well guys, are you all ready?." Asked the queen.

"Yeeeeeeees!." They all replied in unison jumping for joy.

"Then let's go." Said the queen opening the door to her house and allowing all the little ones to exit before closing, Apple Bloom carrying Clear Spark at her side.

"Why are so many of you going as changelings?". Chrysalis asked the group.

"It's the hot costume this year, everyone is wearing them." Replied Sweetie Belle pointing to the ponies in the village and making the queen realize something completely unexpected.

Changelings, changelings everywhere.

There were changelings eating fruit, changelings at the games, changelings working the maze, changelings at the costume contest, changelings on the dance floor, there were ponies disguised as changelings and changelings disguised as ponies, there was even a changeling disguised as a changeling, everywhere you looked there was a changeling involved, chatting with ponies, laughing along with them, enjoying the festivity with them, some waved to the queen waving their hooves in the air without thinking of the implications that would happen if anyone realized they were real changelings, a new time bomb ready to explode in the queen's face.

"There... there... there... there are changelings everywhere." The queen commented, not knowing what to do.

"Isn't it kind of exciting?, it looks like an invasion." Commented a changeling with glasses, leather boots, a crown with branches as horns, a cloak made of tree leaves, and a somewhat twisted staff adorned with some feathers and forest herbs, the figure approached with a smile to the group of the queen.

"You're a druid?" Spike asked excitedly.

"A moon druid to be exact." Replied the changeling.

"Red Bug, what are you doing here?" Asked the queen a little confused.

"Enjoying Nightmare Night like everyone else." Replied the doctor approaching the queen to whisper something in her ear. "The news that you would be celebrating Nightmare Night ran like wildfire through the hives and we were inundated with requests from changeling who wanted to celebrate it following your example, the situation was off our hooves within hours and we still had about two thousand scrolls left to go through."

"That I can understand and I will have to punish someone for this, but it doesn't explain what you are doing here."

"Hmmm....mi..." The changeling looked to the side rubbing the back of her neck in embarrassment. "My application is still among the two thousand I mentioned to you and I didn't want to wait, and...since most of them had gone out to celebrate...I didn't want to stay in my room...so I took my costume...and..."

"You mean this is happening all over the nation?." The queen closed her eyes and rubbed her temples to keep from losing control. "Alright, I'll deal with this another day, just try not to do something stupid, ok?."

"Thanks." Said the changeling cheerfully. "Now I have to go to the corn maze, I saw a cute red stallion and I hope to have a date with him."

"Ask him about the knights to break the ice, trust me." Spike commented, the changeling winked and walked quickly towards the maze.

The queen sighed defeatedly and looked at her little group of costumed braves. "Alright guys, let's go trick-or-treating."

The children went through all the houses in Ponyville where they knew there was someone and collected a large and sweet loot, then went to leave a couple of candies to the statue of Nightmare Moon and listen to the horror story of Zecora, and finally play the many games that the town had to celebrate and have fun in one of the most popular parties in all of Equestria.

Every changeling that met the queen inside the labyrinth or in some game ended up greeting her very animatedly, sometimes causing much jealousy in the pony that accompanied him to see the effusive greeting to Crystal Ivy, and every time that happened the queen wanted to stop and find out what each changeling was doing in town, but she had other priorities, tonight she was in charge of the children of Ponyville.

When it was getting late and some ponies were retiring to rest the queen was leaving the children in their respective homes before returning to hers with Clear Spark when she was stopped by Apple Bloom who was running up to the monarch the moment she arrived at her house.

"Ms. Ivy!" Shouted the little girl disguised as a banana.

"Who is it?" Clear Spark asked.

"It's Apple Bloom coming running in our direction."

A second later the little filly came bounding in and waited a moment to catch her breath.

"Something's wrong Apple Bloom."

"It's just that with some kids we're having a scary sleepover in the tree house, we're going to tell scary stories and eat the candy and stuff...and...I wanted to know...if...Clear Spark...would...you..." The little filly was nervous and a little flushed.

"You want to go to the sleepover don't you." The queen asked.

"I'd love to, let me get my sleeping bag and I'm ready." Shouted an exciting colt jumping off the queen's back and running towards his house, only to end up crashing head-on into a closed door, hitting his muzzle. "Ouch...that hurts." He said rubbing himself through the pain.

"Let me open the door for you, your sleeping bag I left it under your bed, I thought it would be easier for you to find it in that place." Said the queen opening the door with her hoof.

"Thank you." Replied the foal as he quietly entered the house and navigated through the furniture using his memory.

A minute later Clear Spark returned with his sleeping bag on his back and his bag of candy in his muzzle.

"Okay, I'm ready."

"Do you want a ride back to the farm, it's a long way."

"NO THANK YOU!." Said almost shouting a very blushing Apple Bloom... "I mean... no thanks... I know the way."

" That's okay, be careful." Replied the queen with a smile at the filly's obvious reaction.

"Okay, you hold my tail and I'll carry the treats."

"Ok."

Apple Bloom stretched her muzzle to take the bag of candy from Clear Spark but the cheeks of the two little ones pinkened causing Apple Bloom to turn completely red and back up a couple of steps.

"Something wrong?" Clear Spark asked cocking his head slightly to the side not understanding anything.

"No... nothing." Apple Bloom approached again but this time she grabbed the bag of candy with her hoof.

The queen watched the whole scene understanding what it meant and causing her to smile.

"Have fun and don't stay up too late."

The two little ones said their goodbyes and went down the road, the queen entered the house with a smile and giggled lightly.

"Apple Bloom has a crush on my little boy." She commented to herself before heading upstairs to her room.

In front of her mirror slowly the queen took off her changeling costume and hung it in her closet, she fixed her mane with her hooves and changed her color back to the white she had been wearing for months, then went to the kitchen in search of something light to devour before bed and finally went back to her room to rest, she settled into her bed and closed her eyes so she could sleep.

"Surely they will tell horror stories and eat all the sweets before bed, surely that will be all... yes, surely..." Murmured the queen as she tried to sleep.

Ten minutes later, Chrysalis was hiding behind one of the hundreds of apple trees on the farm, spying on the little clubhouse where all the kids of the village were, she was nervous and didn't want anyone to overtake her little one, but from her place, she didn't have a good view inside the clubhouse, so she decided to climb a nearby tree to see inside the little house.

The queen moved carefully along a branch, steadying herself with her four legs and moving slowly to get as close as possible to the clubhouse so she could see better and hear what they were talking about.

"Do you need something to drink?"

Asked a voice from below causing the queen to lose her balance and fall to the ground on a mattress strategically placed behind a bush.

"Did you hear that?" Asked a small pony who poked his head out of the clubhouse window, but from his position, he could not see the queen who fell from a branch and was now behind a bush.

"Are you okay?" AppleJack asked offering a hoof to the queen to help her up.

"Why is there a mattress under a branch?." Replied the queen grabbing AppleJack's hoof to make getting up easier.

"You're not the first one to try to use that branch to see what the little ones are doing, Rarity, Twilight, Filthy Rich, Big Mac, Derpy, Rainbow, everyone at one time or another cares about the kids and ends up climbing that branch, and they all end up falling."

"And don't they know it's wrong to spy on each other?"

"Does the pony who fell off the branch less than ten seconds ago ask?"

"I know, it's just that I just-"

"You just care about Clear Spark, I know."

"Then what should I do, I don't want anything bad to happen to him."

"You should start by trusting him more, give him a little more space, we know you love him the same way we love our little sisters, but we don't go around following them everywhere at all times."

"But you know his disability, what if he gets lost and I'm not there to help him, last time he was...he was...and the forest..."

The queen became nervous and started hyperventilating very dramatically, AppleJack not caring what her friend was saying moved closer and used her hoof to rub the queen's back to calm her down.

"Hey, take it easy, take a deep, calming breath."

AppleJack took slow, deep breaths causing the queen to mimic his movements to slow her revolutions, about two minutes into the breathing exercises the queen was much calmer.

"Even if you don't want to admit it, Clear Spark needs to learn to take care of himself, and moments like these are what he needs, besides if one day something happens to any of you I assure you that the whole village will be there to help out."

"Thank you." Replied the queen with a sincere smile before looking back at the tree house and listening to the laughter coming from inside. "I think I would like something to drink."

"Then let's head back to the farm, I have a delicious bottle of cider waiting for us."

AppleJack turned around and started his way back to the farm, the queen stood for a moment contemplating the tree house in silence, the farm pony was right, Clear Spark needed more space and she needed to learn to give it to him.

"Have fun my little one." Chrysalis murmured before turning around and following AppleJack toward the farm.

PreviousChapters Next