• Published 14th Dec 2022
  • 4,757 Views, 447 Comments

Chrysalis' unexpected child - coto616



After she failed attack at the wedding, the queen finds a foal in the forest with a repulsive background.

  • ...
21
 447
 4,757

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26 - The trap.

---------------------------------
Chapter 26 - The trap.
---------------------------------

Chrysalis was on the train with her son, and both were happy but for different reasons, The queen because she could finally live her life with her son and Clear Spark because he knew he had a mother who truly loved him, he did not want to recognize it before but deep down he knew that Petal Dance did not care about him as a real mother should do for her son, not as Chrysalis cared for him, and that made him happy.

Chrysalis looked out the window at the scenery while Clear Spark slept on her lap.

"What do you plan to do when we get home?" Cheerilee asked.

"What do you mean?." Asked the queen with intrigue.

"I mean your old job as queen and all that."

"I'm going to keep doing it from home like I've been doing it all this time."

"Remember what Princess Luna said, now that it's going to be made public that the queen of the changelings lives in Ponyville, many changelings are going to want to live in cities in Equestria, I know several who want to live in Ponyville right now." Red Bug said.

"That's true, your life change is an inspiration for everyone and changelings have the right to live among ponies, I know problems will arise at some point and friction will appear between ponies and changelings but I think we can all live together, even though I'm going to need your help on this issue."

"I will give you all the help you need Luna, this lifestyle is much better than the one we had before, I know not everyone will want to leave the security of the hives, but I want those who do leave to have and feel the same security."

"Then we will be able to live in Ponyville?."

"How many want to move here?" Asked the queen.

"As I recall about twenty specifically want to move to Ponyville, including me."

"And why do you want to move to Ponyville?"

"I like it here, lots of clean air, lots of things to do, there is a group of three fillies who are always trying new things and my boyfriend lives here."

"Twilight, do you think twenty changelings might move to Ponyville?".

"I know there are a few houses left for sale but I think there are about a dozen, if some can live together for a while or if they help in the construction of more houses there should be no problem, even though that subject we should talk it over directly with the mayor, she knows how many houses are uninhabited."

"Then when I can I'm going to go talk to her at the mayor's office, and I'm also going to have to do legal-." Chrysalis paused as she remembered that all her papers were forged, she knew this would get her into new trouble.

"After everything that's happened, I don't think you'll have much trouble getting your papers legal after all the Clear Spark adoption one serves perfectly well as a maternity one, the birth one can be done at one of your hives and sent in, the medical paperwork you already have, you just need the residency one but for that, you just need to do the name change at the mayor's office."

"That's good to know, I didn't want to think I'd go back to prison for forgery."

The group laughed softly so as not to wake the colt.

"Don't you miss living in the hives?" Twilight asked.

"Sometimes I do, they were my home for a long time and my race's home too, I know every hallway, every room, every sound, I could walk through them with my eyes closed without getting lost, I miss my old room and my old throne, my old war room, and my trophies, it was cozy and a safe place to come to, I liked living in the hives like all changelings."

Chrysalis looked down to see her little one sleeping peacefully between her paws.

"But I also had many things I didn't like, like the cold and dark nights, the humidity in the corridors, the hundreds of ponies whose destiny was to be a source of food, the always hungry changelings, and the eternal search for food, the fearful changelings when failing some mission I sent them to do, and also the terrified ones who hid in some corner just not to run into me, there are many things I don't miss about the hives."

"But of all the places you could live, why did you specifically choose Ponyville?, literally this is where most of your enemies lived at the time" Cheerilee asked.

"Red Bug, would you like to answer that question?, because your way of choosing the best and most discreet place for me to live was quite... original."

The changeling scratched the back of her neck and turned her head slightly in embarrassment.

"Well... I..."

"She literally covered her eyes and ran her hoof all over the map of Equestria until she stopped at an arbitrary point, that was her amazing selection criteria." Said the queen sarcastically.

"I had worked hard and was sleepy." Red Bug replied a little annoyed.

"It was three in the afternoon and you had stayed up all night playing, you even confessed to me that you were angry that they killed your character and you had to create another one."

"He was a level twelve bard, do you know how long it took me to get him up to that level?".

The group laughed again at the argument between the two friends.

When they arrived in Ponyville there was no one in town in sight, the group pretended to be surprised but Chrysalis knew exactly where everyone was and pretended surprise as well, after all, she didn't want to disappoint her friends, the group walked quietly through town passing by the empty market, this caught Twilight's attention.

"This is strange." Commented the young alicorn.

"Is something wrong, Twilight?" Luna asked.

"It's strange that at this time in the morning, no one is in the market, it's usually full of ponies at this hour, even knowing that Chrysalis was coming back someone should be here."

"They're probably all hiding waiting for me." Replied the queen.

"Surely that's probably it." Replied Twilight as she continued walking with the group.

The rest of the trip was very quiet and uncomfortable, the whole time the group felt that something out of the ordinary had happened, even by Ponyville standards.

"I must say Pinkie took the job of throwing a surprise party very seriously, this gets to be a little scary." Said Red Bug.

As they passed the town hall Twilight and Cheerilee stopped and looked at the building for a long moment.

"Ok, this isn't normal, I've lived in this town for years and I've never seen that building empty, there is something strange going on here."

"Could it be some kind of monster attack?" Chrysalis asked.

"I don't know, but we'd better go see the hospital, surely a doctor or the nurses will know what happened." Twilight answered.

"Mom, where is everypony?, I don't hear no one." Clear Spark asked as they all walked towards the hospital.

"I don't know son, but we're going to find out." Replied the queen.

The group stopped in front of the hospital and they couldn't hear anything from inside either.

"I'm going to go investigate." Said Twilight approaching the building cautiously.

"Be careful Twilight." Luna replied to which the little alicorn nodded her head before entering the hospital, a minute later she exited the building.

"Did you find anyone inside?."

"Yes and no."

"What do you mean?"

"All the patients are in their beds or on some couch sleeping but I didn't find any doctor or any nurse."

"Is this some kind of Discord joke?."

"I don't think so, he's never bothered the patients or medical staff at the hospital, besides Fluttershy knows how to keep him at bay on his jok-." A golden-colored magic beam hit Twilight directly in the face knocking her out instantly.

"What was that?" Cheerilee asked.

"Heads up, it came from the forest." Shouted Luna who opened her wings and flew into the sky but was attacked just like Twilight by a blast of magical lightning, she was able to dodge almost all of them but one hit her in one of her wings making her lose her balance and allowing those lightning bolts to hit her body directly, falling to the ground and knocking her unconscious.

Chrysalis turned around and took a defensive position, Red Bug and Cheerilee did the same and stood next to the queen.

"Sorry to ruin your special day but I really can't allow you to be free, I tried to stop you without raising suspicion but Luna wouldn't let me, so I had to take a more... direct approach, you're too dangerous to be at loose." Said a tall white figure coming out from the forest.

"What did you do to Twilight and Princess Luna?". Cheerilee asked.

"It's just a simple sleeping spell, of course, it's not as effective as the ones my sister uses, but they'll be asleep for hours just like everyone else in the village, I don't want anyone to intervene." Celestia replied.

"Cheerilee, Red Bug, take Clear Spark and run to the forest."

"But what will happen to you." Red Bug replied.

"I'll be fine, I'll finish with Celestia and look for you in the forest, she wants me, not you." Chrysalis carefully crouched down a bit allowing Clear Spark to get off and settle on Red Bug's back."

"Ohhh, so you don't want to use that little guy as an excuse like you've been doing all this time?."

The group bristled at Celestia's words, and Cheerilee took a few steps forward but was stopped by a hoof from the queen.

"Mama I want to stay with you." Clear Spark said.

"Honey, stay with Cheerilee and Red Bug, and do what they tell you, mama will be coming for you soon." Chrysalis approached her son and kissed his forehead tenderly. "I promise I will come for you."

The queen nodded her head and the two mares ran at full speed into the forest with Clear Spark, Chrysalis stretched her limbs and prepared for battle.

"You don't care to know what drove me to seek this final solution?".

"It's because you're afraid and jealous of me, but I don't think you're a jealous mare, even if you are a cowardly one."

"You are on the verge of disappearing from this world and yet you dare to be insolent."

"And what do you plan to tell the other princesses when they wake up and find out what you did?"

"They'll come to understand over the years."

"And Clear Spark, will you send him back to his mother?"

"He can live with Cheerilee for all I care."

"And the changelings who want to live in peace, will you eliminate them too?"

"I will eventually, your whole race has become a personal nuisance this last while."

"I thought you only had a grudge against me because of Canterlot, but I see you are crazy."

"That's possible, but I'll worry about that when you're no longer in this world." Celestia said before attacking without warning with her magic at Chrysalis.

The queen jumped to the side to avoid the solar monarch's magic beam, Chrysalis didn't know how to use teleportation or magic shields like Celestia, but she was much faster, more cunning, and had much more combat experience than the sun princess, and she knew how to use that to her advantage.

Chrysalis flew and threw a bolt of lightning at Celestia which she easily dodged hitting the ground and kicking up a large amount of dust. "Your aim is worse than I remembered." Celestia said coughing a little because of the dust.

"Who said I miss." Replied the queen quickly transforming into a mouse and running at full speed towards the princess taking advantage of the smokescreen, jumping at the last second and transforming into a giant moose, hitting Celestia directly and sending her flying several feet to the side.

Celestia screamed from the blow that had clearly hurt, she angrily got up from the ground and dusted her body.

"Stupid vermin!" Celestia shouted before taking flight straight towards Chrysalis.

The queen also took flight and was rapidly approaching Celestia, but the princess disappeared at the last second to appear behind the queen and hit her in the back, Chrysalis fell to the ground but used the inertia to stand up quickly and jump, dodging a magical ray of Celestia, Chrysalis launched several magical rays impacting on the wings of the princess, making her lose her balance and falling heavily to the ground.

Celestia screamed again as she fell to the ground and as she got up she could feel a sharp pain in her right wing, apparently the queen's attack had broken her wing and eliminated her aerial advantage, but she still had tons of magic inside her.

The princess began to gather a large amount of magic in her horn and planned to launch a sizeable direct attack against the queen, and Chrysalis for her part also began to gather a large amount of magic to respond but at that moment a mare came running out of the forest and stopped between the two figures in combat.

It was Cheerilee, she was covered in wounds and branches from running at full speed through the forest, she was very tired and turned to look at Chrysalis.

"CHRYSALIS!." Shouted the teacher almost panting from exhaustion. "It's the hydra, we need your help."

Chrysalis dispelled the magic from her horn and entered the forest at full speed.

"Where do you think you're going you stupid bug?" Celestia shouted as she saw Chrysalis run into the forest.

Cheerilee turned her head and looked Celestia straight in the eyes, the teacher didn't bother to hide the disappointment she felt towards the princess for everything she had done so far, she then ran back into the forest at full speed hoping to make it into time and save Clear Spark and Red Bug.

PreviousChapters Next