• Published 23rd Jan 2024
  • 233 Views, 13 Comments

Daughter of Sobek - Lord Shadow Eclipse



Becky transfers to Canterlot High, but worries about making friends due to her unusual crocodilian appearance.

  • ...
1
 13
 233

Chapter 3

Becky's Lake

Becky and Roller continued to stare at each other without saying anything. She was going to have a hell of a time explaining this. After a while, she was the first one to speak.

"Do you... think I'm some kind of freak, now?" Becky asked. The response she heard wasn't what she expected.

"Are you kidding me? You look awesome!" Roller replied with a big smile on his face.

Becky turned to him with a look of surprise. She had never heard anyone other than her mother compliment her "unique" appearance. She was about to ask him why he wasn't freaked out about her being half-crocodile when he showed her a tattoo on his chest that was a talented image of a crocodile. He looked at her with a sheepish smile.

"The thing is, I've always had a fascination with reptiles. Especially crocodilians," Roller said. "And I think you being half-croc is super cool!"

"You... really think I look cool?" Becky asked.

"Of course. That makes you cooler than most," Roller said. "In my eyes, you're one cool croc!"

Becky started to laugh at being referred to as a "cool croc", and she was genuinely happy to see that Roller wasn't bothered by her looks at all. She stopped laughing and looked at Roller's fishing gear.

"I've been swimming in this lake ever since I moved here and I never saw you here fishing," Becky said.

"I recently got my fishing license and wanted to begin with the nearby lake," Roller said. "You come down her to swim every day?"

"What can I say, it's in my blood," Becky replied. "My dad's Sobek, the Egyptian crocodile god of water."

Roller stared at her for a good while before shrugging with a neutral expression.

"Well, knowing what I've seen, no one in this town's a stranger to magic," Roller said. "So you being the daughter of a crocodile god doesn't faze me at all."

"So... you want me to help you catch some fish?" Becky offered. "I'm a good fisherwoman after all."

"Nice of you to offer, but I prefer using the gear I just bought," Roller said. "But, if you could try to herd fish over to my area of the lake, that would be great."

"I'll see what I can do," Becky said chuckling.

With a flick of her powerful tail, Becky dove back into the water and swam around the lake, making sure to try to herd them towards the part where Roller Rock was currently standing. Under the water, Becky could make out the hook, bait, and bobber that Roller was using for fish. Given how small the lure was, he was aiming for a decent-sized bluegill or maybe a smallmouth bass.

Becky swam to the bottom of the lake and stared upwards at Roller's hook and bobber, waiting for any fish to swim near the hook and bobber. After waiting for a while, a largemouth bass emerged from the weeds and made its way towards Roller's bait. It wasn't a monster, but it was a pretty good size. And it must have been hungry if it was willing to go for the small bait on the hook. She watched as the fish got closer and closer, seemingly inspecting the bait before finally biting down on it.

Roller immediately reacted and gave a slight tug on the line to make sure the hook was secured in the fish's mouth before really starting the fight with the fish. Becky watched the fight with great anticipation.

"Come on! Come on! You can do this!" Becky mentally cheered.

The fish was putting up quite a decent fight, but Roller really seemed to put his back into the fight and the bass was getting more tired with each passing reel of the line. The fish was being pulled closer and closer before the fish disappeared above the water.

"Yes! You did it!" Becky thought.

Becky swam up to the surface and saw Roller holding the thrashing bass with the biggest smile on his face. He laughed out loud when Becky approached.

"Never expected to catch a largemouth on my first go!" Roller said.

"You should be happy. Largemouth are good eating," Becky said.

Roller put the bass in a special cooler he brought with him to preserve the fish. Becky tilted her head to the side.

"Do you know how to prepare the fish for eating?" Becky asked. "I know how to prepare fish."

"I looked up a YouTube tutorial about how to prepare fish before getting my license," Roller replied. "You want some fish?"

Becky flashed him her sharp teeth when she smirked. "I think I can catch my own fish, but thanks for asking."

"Just trying to be nice. Say, uh... do you want to hang out after school sometime? Like, here around the lake?" Roller asked.

At that moment, Becky's heart was beating so fast that it threatened to break her ribs. She only just met the guy earlier today, but he was completely fine with her appearance and he helped her out in homeroom. She had a feeling that she could trust him. Once again, Becky gave him a toothy smirk.

"You know what? I'd like that," Becky said. "You want to swim with a crocodile?"

"I would if you're the crocodile. See ya later!" Roller said.

Becky watched Roller leave until he was completely out of sight. Once he was gone, Becky smiled and dove back into the water. There were butterflies in her stomach while thinking about what she and Roller could do when they met up later. She thought about getting him to swim with her in the lake and eating fish with him along the shoreline. Maybe she could invite him to play video games with her via Discord and play Super Mario Bros with him. The possibilities were endless. And she would look forward to it.

The sun had passed the treetops by the time Becky got out of the water to return home. She walked through the field behind the house and walked up the stairs to the back door. Becky smelled the pizza her mom brought home and her mouth began to water. As much as she enjoyed eating fish and raw beef, she enjoyed eating things like pizza even more. She magically retracted her tail as she opened door.

Her mom was relaxing on the couch watching TV when she heard her daughter entering. She greeted her daughter with a smile.

"Hey, baby croc! How was your first day?" she asked. "Must have been good if you brought a group to the zoo to see the Nile crocs hatch."

"I'd say that today was pretty good. I got to meet some decent people and made a new friend at the lake," Becky replied. "I helped him catch some fish."

Becky's mom shot up from her seat and looked at Becky with wide eyes. She looked as if she just sniffed the devil's snow.

"I'm sorry, did you say 'him'? You met a boy at the lake?" her mom asked.

"Yeah, and don't worry. He's a good guy," Becky said. "He goes to my school and we're in Homeroom together. He helped me out and he doesn't mind my looks. Definitely better than the guys I knew in Florida."

"So, he's a keeper in your eyes?" her mom asked with a smirk. "Sounds to me like you have an attachment to him."

Becky's cheeks turned a deep shade of red. She swung her claws in the air as she yelled.

"It's not like that, Mom! We just met today, after all!" Becky said. Her mom didn't look convinced.

"Well, either way, I'm glad you're having a good time here in Canterlot," her mom said. "Especially after your little incident back in Florida."

"That was a one-time thing, Mom. I don't think I'll have anything to worry about," Becky said. "The people I've met today all seem nice, so I think I can live a good life here."

The mother-daughter duo moved to the living room and ate pizza together. It was a great night to live in Canterlot for the daughter of Sobek.

Comments ( 5 )
Dan

She's going to sell her old property to F**CKING AQUAMAN, isn't she?

"Well, knowing what I've seen, no one in this town's a stranger to magic," Roller said. "So you being the daughter of a crocodile god doesn't faze me at all."

I love how Becky makes no comment about this, like asking what he means by magic. She is in for a big surprise, hehe

11808538
What? Where di this come from?

11808558
I agree, this needs explaining. Anyway, is the main villain Set, Apophis or both?

Login or register to comment