• Published 26th Sep 2022
  • 204 Views, 4 Comments

Nightlings: The Facade - lewd



Rarity attempts to weave a dark tale of intrigue and urban fantasy for her friends in a midnight session of Nightlings: The Facade. Things go about as well as you'd expect.

  • ...
 4
 204

Manehatten After Dark

***


Good evening, girls. Now that everypony is here, I trust you’re all ready to begin with our main event for the night?”

…?

“Of course it’s necessary, Applejack. This isn't just one of our usual girls' nights. The outfits build the atmosphere. And I must say, you look absolutely ravishing in black lace.”

…?

“You can have your hat back after we’re done here tonight, dear.”

…!?

Rainbow Dash. Surely a little black eyeliner and lipstick isn’t something you can’t handle? Look at Fluttershy—she looks absolutely stunning in it.”

“Oh don’t be modest, Fluttershy, dear. You’re positively entrancing. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think Twilight had cast another spell that turned you into a bat-pony, again.”

…!

“Oh come come, Twilight, it’s water under the bridge. We all make mistakes from time to time. There's no harm in making a bit of light of it.”

…!

“Why, yes, Pinkie. These are rose-scented candles from La Lumière. You shop there as well? I didn't realize!”

…!

“Oh...birthday candles, you say?"

...!!!

"I...I see. Similar enough, I...suppose?”

Ahem.

Anyways, girls—shall we get started?”

…?

…!

Fabulous. Would you mind getting the lights, Fluttershy?”

Darling, there’s nothing to be afraid of. It’s all just a game. We’ll all be right here beside you—won’t we, girls?”

…!!!

“See? Nothing to worry about, dear.”

“Alright then, let’s begin.”

Ahem.”

“Our story begins one evening in a dreadfully seedy alley in Manehatten—poor lighting, unfashionably tacky street decorations, and ponies wandering about with worst sense of civility and decorum you could possibly imagine.

…!?!

“Not weedy, dear, seedy. Though I suppose there are probably weeds, come to think of it. I can’t imagine a place like that has somepony to maintain the grounds around the clock.”

…?

“Oh, Twilight. Remember this takes place in a dark and immoral version of Manehatten. There are no city management committees to enforce proper yard and sidewalk maintenance—at least none that aren’t shamelessly corrupt.”

…!

“Yes darling, I know. Dreadful, isn’t it?”

…?

“Applejack, dear, be a sport. This is the city we’re talking about. It’s supposed to be glamorous. To trot into the city expecting bright lights and beauty only to find a dingy street devoid of basic care and maintenance—why the disappointment would almost be too much to bear!”

…?

“Yes dear, fine fine fine. We’ll get on with the story.”

Ahem.”

“There is one vibrant flower among the unruly weeds that fill these streets however—Club Carousel, a fashionable lounge and dance club where only the trendiest Manehatten elites visit each night.”

…?

Applejack, it’s the thrill of venturing into the city’s seedy underbelly that makes it so alluring.”

…!?!

“No, Pinkie. Seedy, dear. Seedy. I’m not quite sure I know what a city with a speedy underbelly would look like.”

…!

“No, no, Rainbow Dash. We were saying seedy, seedy.”

“Oh, Fluttershy, darling, not those kinds of seeds.”

Thank you, Twilight. Now, as I was saying—”

…?

“Well, essentially, dear. All of you are playing as nightlings after all—creatures of the night that feed off of other ponies' happiness.”

…?

“Oh, no no. That’s changelings, darling. Love and happiness are slightly different.”

…?

“Well, I suppose it is somewhat similar to what happened to us that time in Discord’s maze, but—”

…?

“The ponies in the crystal empire? I suppose it’s not entirely different from—”

…?

“—Girls! Girls! Please! I think we’re getting a bit off track, here.”

Thank you.

Ahem.”

“So as your small gathering sits at one of the tables of this luxurious night club, you see a number of ponies out on the dance floor. Smiling. Happy. Perfect targets with which to slake your scandalous thirsts.”

…!!!

“Pinkie Pie, darling. You’re a nightling. Nightlings only feed off happiness. They can’t drink milkshakes.”

…!?!

“I can assure you, the taste of happiness to a nightling is as good as any milkshake.”

…!?!?

“Yes, dear. Even chocolate.”

“Applejack. You’re nightlings. You sleep during the day. Enjoying the night life is a part of the experience.”

“Applejack, dear. There is no farm you have to worry about. This is Manehatten, the city that never sleeps.”

“Oh, Fluttershy, darling, don’t worry. You just temporarily drain their happiness. It comes back eventually.”

…?

“What’s that, Rainbow Dash?”

…?

“Well, I suppose, in theory, the more happiness you drain the stronger your nightling powers become—”

…!

…!

“Rainbow Dash! Applejack! Please! It isn’t a competition!”

…!

…!

…?

…!

“Girls! This isn’t how the game is supposed to—”

…!

…!

“Girls! That’s not—you have to maintain the facade—

…?

“How to increase your happiness potency? Twilight, we did just start. The five of you have only just—”

“Fluttershy, nightlings don’t go around asking ponies if they can drain their happiness. Where would the intrigue be in that?”

…?

“It’s a game, dear. Of ruffians, scoundrels, and seedy—

…!?!?

Seedy, Pinkie. Seedy. How would a pony even be wheaty?”

“—Twilight, while I appreciate your knowledge of obscure magical spells, this isn’t the time to—”

…!

…?

…!

…!

“Applejack! Rainbow! Girls, please! Calm down! You’re going to—”

*Bump*

*Tip*

*Splash*

“My—my dress!”

“I put hours into getting the filigree right. Do you know how long it takes to wash sparkling cider out of satin?”

“Do you two have anything to say for yourselves?”

Thank you. Do you promise to behave from now on so everypony can enjoy the story?”

Thank you.”

…!

“It’s alright, girls. I know you didn’t mean it.”

…?

“Oh, it’s alright, it's alright. I actually brought a spare outfit just in case something like this happened.”

*Rustle, rustle*

Ta-da! How do I look? Fabulous, isn't it? I really think the deep purples bring out my mane.”

…!!!

“Why thank you, Pinkie Pie. You look quite dazzling in black and hot pink yourself. I did design your outfit with you in mind, after all. Rainbow's as well. The studded neckband turned out quite lovely this time around, didn't it, dear?”

...

"Darling, it's called a choker, not a collar. They're quite in style, I assure you. Why, they're all the rage in Canterlot."

...?

"Why, in Fashion Pony Weekly, of course. They detail all the latest trends."

Wonderful. Now that that's settled...where was I again?”

…!

“Ah, thank you, Twilight.”

Ahem.”

“Now, at Club Carousel, there is one other nightling that the five of you know—a captivating mare of immeasurably good taste and fashion sense known only to others as Generosity...”


***

Comments ( 4 )
Ri2

This will end in tears.

11375523

Without a doubt. :raritywink:

This was great, just like Dungeons & Dashes. You make excellent use of the one-sided dialogue format in these. I'd love to read another chapter of this.

11474032
Thanks, Starswirl. Glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

It's a fun format and premise to play with—I imagine I'll get back around to it one of these days. (I'd hate to leave the rest of the Mane 6 hanging.:twilightsheepish:)

Login or register to comment