• Published 24th Jun 2022
  • 469 Views, 22 Comments

A Nefarious Invasion - Actbat12

  • ...
0
 22
 469

Chapter 5 - A Plan Is Brewing

Applejack stumbles awake at the sound of the door to the emergency room opening up. A groan emerges as she feels her back tense up from having slept in a chair for quite a few hours. Upon noticing the doctor however she's wide awake and in the process of waking up the other girls as well.

"Good morning to you all. We have further information regarding Rainbow Dash. She's stable now and we currently have her resting in a room with pain medication being applied as necessary." All of the girls manage to sigh with relief at the notion. Rainbow was going to be okay! "How bad were the damages?" Sunset was the first one to speak up. The doctor frowned as he looked down onto his clipboard. "Unfortunately, her lower back suffered from a nasty blow and a few muscles were damaged in the process. Thankfully they will heal over time with proper rest and the correct medicine being used to relax said muscles." The doctor would flip through another page.

"How long will poor Dashie have to endure that?!" Pinkie cried. She knew her competitive friend quite well and knew Dash absolutely hated having to stay still for a long period of time. "Well, if everything works out well enough then the recovery process will be about three months." Everyone in the room grimaced at the thought. Poor Rainbow Dash. That's going to be absolute torture for her. Unfortunately, the bad news didn't end there as the doctor cleared his throat.

"And...it would appear Rainbow Dash suffered from a few burns as well. We've managed to thankfully get it all under control now and they've all been carefully bandaged up. Two on her left arm, one on her right cheek, and one on her right leg. Those will take time to heal as well and those parts will be sensitive for some time."

"Oh Dash...." Fluttershy looked like she was on the verge of tears. Yes, their friend was going to make it but that didn't change the fact that she was in bad condition. "Is there anything we can do for her?" Rarity would speak up. The doctor would shake his head. "Besides visiting her while she stays there's not much else that can be done. We just need to monitor her progress, keep the pain medication going, and go from there. If you'll excuse me I need to go to the front desk." With that, the doctor left the quiet room. None of the girls knew what to say as they all looked at each other.

"At least...at least she's going to make it. That's good, right?" Twilight would propose. Quiet slow nods would be given. "I should have been there to help ya'll! Then this wouldn't have happened!" Applejack quipped as she slumped back into the chair. Rarity shakes her head in response. "I'm sorry darling but even if you were there it...it still would've happened. Rainbow was the closest one to the van and...and we didn't know that robot could do that! I mean it...I...it took out an entire city block! Rainbow's lucky to even be alive right now!" Meanwhile Sunset had her face in her hands as she was lost to her own thoughts. This was all her fault. She was the one who sent them out there and now thanks to her Rainbow was going to be stuck in the hospital for who knows how long! What was she going to do? Call Princess Twilight for help...and equally as important rip this robot piece by piece until it is good as dead. Even then that won't do because after that she's going to melt what's left and then take that pile of robot goo and shove it into a grinder and then after that she's going to lock it in a safe and THEN--

All of the girls are taken out of their thoughts upon hearing the extremely loud rumblings of Pinkie's stomach. She gives a sheepish grin in return before slinking down into her seat. "Sorry girls. It's way been past breakfast time for me."

"I think it's been for all of us. Perhaps we should get something to eat?" Rarity would suggest. A few quiet nods were given before they all got up and stretched themselves. They'd get a quick bite to eat, come back to check on Rainbow Dash, and then go from there. Thankfully not too off from the hospital was a local burger restaurant that sold a breakfast menu for the morning. Most of the group didn't eat such items, minus Pinkie and Sunset, but with the night they had endured through and with how hungry everyone was this was the quickest and easiest option for food.

It didn't take long for the group to settle down and start chomping away to fill their empty stomachs. Very little was spoken about that is until Twilight turned her attention to the nearby television up on the wall. It was Channel 8 discussing the events of last night and the damage that had been done to the city block. "Knowing what we saw, I'm terrified to wonder just how powerful this robot is at peak performance." Pinkie took a large, frightened gulp of her drink in response. "I don't think I wanna know." Applejack commented as she took a bite out of her sausage biscuit.

"Which is why we need to stop this before it gets any worse. There's no telling what it might do or want. Not to mention it still has Adagio and Aria in its clutches." Just as she's about to take a bite out of her food, Sunset stops as a realization hits her. "Oh hay! We forgot about Sonata!" The unicorn woman couldn't believe herself! Well no, she could actually. The thought of Rainbow being in genuine danger took over all three girls as they had rushed off towards the hospital. "I'm sure she's fine, Sunset." Fluttershy quietly spoke up. "I don't think we have to worry about Adagio and Aria coming back for her right now. Besides we can stop back by my home to check on her anyway." Sunset would give a slow nod in agreement. "I need to check on Apple Bloom too." Applejack would comment. "Sweetie Belle for me. We all did leave our homes at like three in the morning. Not to mention we should um...update Rainbow's parents on the current situation." Each glanced around at each other before nodding in agreement.

"After that I can fetch my journal and hopefully get Princess Twilight's help with this matter. Maybe she can bring over a magical artifact that can help us." A few smiles would soon occur at the idea. It could indeed work and give them the necessary advantage they needed.

Unfortunately for the group of friends they were unknowingly being watched! Far off to one of the windows was a small flying drone with a video camera attached to itself. No doubt it was spying upon the girls and from the other end both Dr. Nefarious and Adagio watched the black and white screen as the girls continued their conversation. The siren had a makeshift cast upon her aching arm but otherwise felt fine. Well, besides the need to eat but she could worry about that later. Nefarious' finger would point to Sunset in particular.

"That one is the equestrian, you say?" The doctor asked as he mused over all the newfound knowledge Adagio was giving him. Adagio would nod her head. This was all so fascinating! The organic being known as Sunset Shimmer wasn't truly human just as much as Adagio was. Both hailed from another dimension and their homeland was called Equestria. From what the siren had spoken of it was a place brimming with magic and Sunset here was the reason it even existed on this planet in the first place. "How did she arrive here?" He would question. Unfortunately Adagio couldn't give an answer.
"Me and my sisters were banished to this realm. How Sunset arrived is currently a mystery to me. Though I'm certain we could get that information from the source...or from one of her friends." Dr. Nefarious would grin at the notion. "Good, good. I want that information. It could prove useful later on." But now it was time to get down to business.

"And these necklaces are what supplies the squishies with their magic?" The doctor would question as he turned his broken head towards Adagio. She would nod in return. "From what I've heard around town that is correct. The necklaces are the source." Metallic fingers would drum against the side of the computer as Nefarious mused over this information. "If I could find a way to harness that magic then I could truly speed up production and empower the drones! Then we could instigate part two of...Project Borg!"

Adagio would raise a brow at the name as she looked onto him. "...Borg?"

A maniacal little chuckle would part from Nefarious' plating. "Cyborg! With enough drones we'll be able to kidnap dozens of townsfolk and turn them into our loyal new minions! We'll grow and expand until Canterlot City becomes New Nefarious City!" The doctor paused for a few moments. "I'll even let you name a couple of streets after yourself...provided things go all according to plan." Adagio's response was to merely give a confident smile. "Of course it will. I'm working with you now after all. First things first, we need Sunset Shimmer and her friends under our control. They will be the greatest obstacle that gets in our way."

His hand would rest against his chin as he looked upon the screen. "How close are they?" Nefarious turns his head slightly to Adagio. It's clear the metaphorical and literal gears in his head are turning with an idea. "Very close, doctor. Being there for Sunset when she needed it the most has crafted a great bond between the group. It's their greatest strength...and weakness." The doctor would shift his plating into a smile. "Then I want you to take one of them hostage! Force the squishies to hand over the necklaces to me and show them NO MERCY! If one even remotely attempts to step out of line then ERADICATE the hostage!!" Adagio's gaze would fall upon the screen as she looked over the group. The best candidate for a hostage scenario would be....Fluttershy. A smile would adorn itself upon her lips.

"Can you hand over a couple of your drones? I will need them to make the plan work. I can't do much without my magic unfortunately. This body is...far too weak." The doctor would huff in response before shouting. About six small spider drones would clamber themselves inside. "Attend to Adagio and do as she says!" Her smile would then soon grow into a satisfied grin. Finally, a little bit of power after being stuck in this worthless form.

"Drones." Adagio would address them. "Go out and fetch me a small vehicle. Get it working and bring it back here." The drones would buzz and off they went onto their mission. Adagio would turn her attention back to Nefarious. "Do you still have that gun from earlier?" The doctor would point over to the counter nearby as he returned his attention to working on Aria.

"My Plasma Launcher is over there. Bring it back in one piece, Adagio. I plan to incorporate it into my creation here eventually." Adagio would take one more glance at Aria and stare at her unmoving form. Her brows furrowed as she wasn't sure what to feel or if she should upon seeing her sister like this. At least she wasn't being put through that.
The siren would take the weapon in her other hand before making her way towards the door. Though she stops momentarily to ask something. "Doctor, what about Rainbow Dash? The one you harmed earlier?" Nefarious didn't even bother to turn around as he started to answer.

"If they have her necklace then the squishie doesn't matter. We'll turn it into a robot at a later date. But on the off chance it is still in possession of its magic, I'll send a drone to pay it a happy little visit. It couldn't fight back even if it tried!" Nefarious let out a laugh. Just one shot and he sent that human down onto a hospital bed for who knows how long! The notion filled Adagio with even more confidence as she exited the office area. One way or another things were going to progress and soon enough she would have her revenge against Sunset Shimmer and her little friends.

Author's Note:

Hi everyone! I just wanna give a little update. Work has been severely kicking my can so production on my little fic here has been super slow. Hopefully once things calm down I'll be able to work on this more frequently. Until then, stay awesome! ^w^

Comments ( 1 )

Ratchet I hope you and Clank gets here fast!

Login or register to comment