• Published 24th Jun 2022
  • 469 Views, 22 Comments

A Nefarious Invasion - Actbat12

  • ...
0
 22
 469

Chapter 2 - From Bad To Worse

None of the Dazzlings muttered a single word after locking themselves within their van. Sonata laid upon the floor as Adagio carefully inspected her wounds and applied what she could to ease the aching pain. The blue siren shuddered from the aftereffects of her encounter with the metallic being whenever Adagio touched something a little too close for her liking. Her gaze looked up towards Aria who was keeping watch and had with her a bat in hand. Out of the three Aria had always been the most physically powerful. Though Sonata doubted they could really do anything if that thing came after them. It had picked her up as though she weighed like paper and it's not like the sirens were all that magical anymore to begin with. Finally, she decided to speak up amongst the shared silence.

"Do you see it out there?" Sonata whispered. Aria took a moment to survey through the window again before shaking her head. She didn't see it anywhere. "I think...I think it might've died. It looked pretty damaged when it um...grabbed me." The blue siren couldn't help but frown as she thought back. Despite her panic during the moment she had seen her sisters ditching her the second they realized what had grabbed her. It...hurt. Yet at the same time she understood it in an odd way? A long time ago they made the agreement to stick together however it was not done out of familiar love. It was merely out of necessity. Adagio was smart, Aria was strong, and Sonata was fast. Together they stood a better chance at facing whatever the world threw at them. Of course that agreement was made when they at least had their powers. Now though? They were all weak. Perhaps if Adagio and Aria had their powers they would have came to her aid but regardless there is no point in thinking about it now. In truth, had Sonata been in one of their positions instead she too would have fled instead of coming to her sister's aid. It didn't feel right but Adagio had always said that in order to survive one had to make sacrifices.

"I'm feeling better now, Adagio. T-Thanks..." Sonata would slowly but surely bring herself up onto her feet. The pain was still there but it was at least lessening up. "Let's get the heck out of here before that thing does show up!" Aria would take one more glance out the window as she held the bat in hand. She'd swiftly turn towards the other two and nod her head, agreeing with Sonata. Adagio on the other hand seemed to be...pondering. Though she had only gotten a brief glance at the broken being, one thing was clear. No human made that. Not to mention based on Sonata's comments from earlier the thing had plummeted itself down to Earth. The possibility of it being from another world, instead of a realm such as themselves, was incredibly high. That meant there was value in that thing.

"Hold on, you two. If it's truly dead like Sonata said then that means it isn't a threat to us anymore. More importantly, that thing can make us money. Money that we desperately need." Sonata would look on in confusion while Aria merely folded her arms over her chest and gave Adagio an annoyed stare. Adagio was hatching up an idea, wasn't she?

"But...but what if it isn't dead? It could be slowly waltzing its way out of the forest right now for all we know!" Adagio would dismiss the thought with a simple wave of her hand. "You saw the state that thing was in, didn't you? It looked like it was about to fall into pieces. You know, certain people would pay good money for something like that in their possession. Real good money. We wouldn't have to be living in a cramped little van if we sold it to the right person." Sonata didn't respond as she looked down to the burn mark that had been left upon her leg when the robotic creature grabbed her. Aria on the other hand was seemingly being more convinced of the idea as Adagio went on. Living out in a van like this was not the way she wanted to enjoy her life.

"All we have to do is be careful and see if it's still alive or not. If it is, we'll get out of here as quick as we can. If it isn't, the three of us can drag the parts closer to the van. In the morning we'll load them up in and start doing a little bit of research. Find out who would be the most interested and more importantly who's willing to fork over the most cash for that broken mess." Aria grins in response to Adagio's proposal. That sounds good enough to her. Sonata on the other hand didn't seem convinced. Truthfully, she just wanted to get away from this forest as fast as she could. She started to speak up but ultimately closed her mouth. Sonata knew there wasn't much of a point arguing once Adagio had made up her mind. The blue siren would let out a small annoyed sigh before slowly following her two sisters as they exited the van and headed off into the direction they had once fled from. Once the first to enter and now here she was being the last.

"I feel like you should be the one to hold the bat, Adagio. This is your idea after all." Aria would comment as she took the lead in dealing with this metallic monster. Adagio would merely scoff in response. All three stood their distance from the fallen and broken machine as it just laid there on the ground motionlessly. The glowing colors that emitted from its body when they first encountered it had all but dimmed and gone out. Slowly does Aria approach before raising the bat and giving the head the hardest wack she could muster. The blunt force was enough to crack the bat in half and send the chunk flying while Aria stumbled back. The head was sent a few good inches but nonetheless stayed attached to the body. The impact didn't even leave a dent. "Well, it did seemingly survive falling to Earth. A little hit on the head wasn't going to do much." Adagio quietly commented.

"Yeah, it didn't survive for much longer after that." Aria snarked. "It's definitely dead by the looks of it. One of you grab the other side and help me start pulling." Both Adagio and Sonata look at each other for a moment before Adagio just abruptly shoves Sonata forward. She bites her lip in order to hold back the surge of pain that came with that. "I'm not doing it. I have to be the one who drives the van tomorrow morning and that takes concentration and focus. Sonata, you do it." The blue siren sought to interject but it was already too late. Adagio was turning around and making her leave. A groan parted from Sonata's lips as she got down and took up the doctor's right side and started to drag him with Aria's help. The sound of his lower half completely falling off and hitting the ground cemented their shared thought of its genuine death. Hey, at least it made pulling it a little bit easier.

////////////////////////////////////////
The doctor jolted to life with a sudden gasp echoing out of his plates. His one good eye looked around in a desperate attempt to figure out where he was. It seemed as though he was in a much more open area compared to the dense forest he once lumbered himself through before falling apart. His attention is brought to the hanging wires on his torso. Fear erupts inside the doctor as he couldn't feel his lower half and a look down confirmed that the entirety of his legs were completely gone. All that remained of the doctor was his damaged torso, a working arm, and his loosening head. Speaking of head why was he getting such a headache right now? Ouff! It feels like someone just took a bat and whacked him with it! Nonetheless, Dr. Nefarious attempted to ignore it as he brought up his vitals. What had happened? How did he survive this? The numbers all ran by in his head and viewed through his one eye, indicating to the doctor that upon reaching such a low level of power he had entered a state of quick unconsciousness to preserve what was left. A quick look indicated he didn't have much longer before he truly did go offline for good. No less than forty-five minutes. Maybe not even that. Something soon caught his attention just a little bit off in the distance. It was...an incredibly primitive looking vehicle of some sort. Without much choice, the broken Dr. Nefarious started to drag himself closer to it.

As he reached his destination the doctor did his best to quiet his actions. He could not risk alerting whatever was inside of it as the weapons he had on him would no doubt drain his energy even further. Claws would carefully open the back of the van door just enough so the broken machine could take a peek inside. It was three organics in different positions all asleep. One in the driver's seat, another in the passenger, and the third one down on the floor with a blanket covering her. Nefarious squinted his eye as he tried to recall something. Wait a minute. That was the one he had grabbed right before his leg fell off and the doctor plummeted into his unconscious state. They had...rescued him? No no, that didn't feel right. He had been dragged out towards the entrance of the forest and left there. Perhaps they intended to use his body as spare parts for this vehicle of theirs. Or worst yet, sell him off to someone! It was clear to the doctor by this point that whatever planet he was upon wasn't up to galactic standards. The three organics hadn't understood a single word he said! Not to mention, as he glanced around inside, the tech looked laughably primitive. The half-working gears in his cracked dome quietly attempted to work as he thought of his next move. Communication was not going to happen and he was on limited time. The doctor would need to rely upon what he did best if he was going to make it to the next hour. His gaze fell upon the toaster and nearby phone that laid upon the counter. They would have to do...

Evidently dragging him to a closer location had worn the lot of them all out as Nefarious was able to secure the phone and toaster without much worry of any of the squishies waking up. It took a bit of careful dragging but both were now within his possession! He carefully slid the door shut to ensure the cold air didn't wake up the blue one. The doctor clawed away just enough before getting straight to work. He had no time to go any further. He had to get started now. He torn into the phone first and located its battery, putting that into himself for an extra boost of power. It wouldn't be much but at least Nefarious could go for at least another hour now. That's better than the twenty minutes he had left beforehand. Next his attention turned towards the toaster as he begun dismantling it. Pieces from both the toaster and phone were being put together to form a small device. Even a few of his own wires went into it for that needed advancement to function. It was a far cry from the galactic-level threat he had built many moons ago but for now it would serve its purpose. This would allow him to take control of his current predicament and get what he needed. It didn't matter which one of the squishies it went after just that it successfully took control over one. When his masterpiece was completed, the doctor held it within his claw. It was no bigger than a quarter. With a small tap on the top, it would come online. Little wire legs would prop itself up before turning towards the doctor and awaiting its command.

"Og d-dan fenlct-t-t eno fo het ganorics. Kame hetm nime." Spoke the alien doctor before watching his creation leave his hand and clamber its way into the grass. Soon afterwards it would crawl up the side of the van and into the slightly lowered window of the passenger's side. The small device crawled its way to the sleeping Aria, traveling up her arm and the side of her face in order to reach her ear and begin its journey inside. The action was more than enough to startle Aria awake with a sudden jolt as she felt something. She gritted her teeth and tiredly shook her head before attempting to fall asleep again. It was probably Sonata trying to spook her just for the sheer giggles of it now that the robot wasn't a threat. The siren would then allow herself to fall back asleep. Some time would pass before she felt the pain. An ungodly amount of pain stemming from her brain and traveling all the way down her back. It came so suddenly and without warning that Aria let out a genuine scream, hands clamping to her head, which obviously woke both Adagio and Sonata with a startle.

"Wha--Aria?? What is wrong?" Adagio tiredly glared but that quickly turned to concern when she realized just how much in pain Aria seemed to be. She thrashed and kicked in her seat, hands not once leaving her head. It felt like her head was literally on fire and about to burst. Sonata had leaped herself up and traveled over, concern washing onto her features. She didn't really know what to do as Aria banged on the side of the passenger door and flung it open. She tumbled out and kicked about, as if it would've done something, before ultimately going quiet. Her body laid motionless down on the grassy hill, gaze looking upwards and yet it was clear she wasn't really seeing.

"Aria? Aria??"

Sonata called out as she threw the back of the van door open and rushed outside. Adagio followed as well as the two observed their suddenly silent sister. Her eyes slowly blink. Another blink. All that was heard was the trio's breathing amongst the bright night. That is until.....

"Te-Te-Teg pu."

The blue siren could feel her blood run cold as she heard that glitching shrill voice. Aria would soon bring herself to her feet and stared blankly towards Adagio and Sonata. From behind Aria did Dr. Nefarious claw his way into view. His single arm dug into the side of his torso as a small compartment opened up. A blue and grey colored gun was taken out and tossed towards his new minion.

"K-K-Kicp pu dan rea-reathen!" Aria obeyed without question as she swiftly picked up the weapon and held it in front of the two. Sonata stumbled back as she held up her hands. Adagio meanwhile had already started to make her way towards the front of the van in the hopes of starting it and driving off. Well, that is until she heard the sound of the gun warming up.

"A...Aria...?" Sonata pressed her back up against the side of the van as Aria approached, the gun not once being pointed away from her. Adagio would soon reappear with her hands up in the air. There was no telling what that weapon could do and attempting to run off now would not end well for her at all. The doctor started to drag himself closer to the three. He may not be able to communicate with them but he can certainly force the other two to take him somewhere with tools. That is until Aria's hand started to shake and she appeared to be trying to regain control over herself. She gritted her teeth as the life in her eyes started to come back. The doctor cursed under his breath as Sonata and Adagio both saw their chance.

Adagio approached and attempted to grab the gun from her resisting sister. If she could get that weapon in her hands then she could destroy that wretched robot for good. That and potentially free Aria if possible. If not, Adagio will shoot her for her own safety. "Sonata, get over here and help--!" Unfortunately out of all the three of them Adagio was physically the weakest. It would take the combined efforts of Sonata and Adagio to overpower their sister. With that command it should get Sonata on the same page. Alas, it didn't. Sonata was too stricken with fear to obey Adagio. Her mind had told her to run from the scene and that's exactly what she did when the chance was given to her. Sonata bolted towards the forest once more with an alarming boost of speed. By the time Adagio had realized what her sister had done all she could do was angrily yell at her disappearing form.

"You useless dimwitted idiot! Get back here--!" The device within Aria had managed to subdue its attempt to break free and moved forward, pushing Adagio down onto the ground. She flinched when the gun was lowered down and placed right in front of her head. A cold sweat would start to overcome her as her gaze fell upon the broken doctor. His own attention was briefly given to the fleeing squishie. Bah! That one could be allowed to escape. He was on limited time still and he only needed one of them to do his bidding. A grunt came from him as he pulled himself towards the back of the van and propped himself up inside.

"Kate-e-e ti ot he-he-het ridver-r teas. W-Wno. Teg ni geren-gerenpass teas." Aria obeyed without a second thought and gripped Adagio's shoulder before forcing her up. The gun was kept to the back of her head as the two made their way to the front. It didn't take a genius to figure out what this metallic being wanted out of her. With a sigh, Adagio attempted to calm her nerves as she got into the driver's seat and started up the van. Aria kept the gun locked on her body all the while walking around towards the passenger side. Once in, the gun found itself right against Adagio's side. Nefarious clambered his way forward and gripped the driver's seat for support. He propped himself up just enough so he could point in the direction he wanted and off towards the city the three went.

////////////////////////////////
Sonata panted heavily as she finally found herself stopping. Her body was starting to ache too much to run like she had. A hand clutched her side. A few deep breathes were taken. The leg that had been touched by the smoldering hot hand was starting to ache as well. Slowly did Sonata turn around to face the direction she had come from. Concern found itself upon her face as she thought about Aria and Adagio. She'd just...abandoned the both of them. Of course, they had done the same thing to her earlier and it was something Adagio had spoken of over the years they worked together. They were not a family. They stayed together because it best led to their continued survival. Sonata let out a sigh of regret. To her, they kind of were her family. Especially now that they were trapped in the Earth realm for good. But she couldn't just go back there and face them! She was already hurting from what that metal monster did to her. Wait...wait a second. Sonata lights up as an idea comes to her. Sunset Shimmer and her friends! They could handle this! They could deal with that thing and get Aria back! The blue siren starts to move. The Dazzlings had parked their van just on the outskirts of the city. If she remembered correctly then Fluttershy was the closest to her right now. It'd be a long walk but...she'd have to do it. Sonata really didn't have any other options right now.

A long walk it was indeed as Sonata had spent like over an hour just to reach a couple of houses. One didn't realize how much time a car saved you on until you were forced to make the journey there on foot. The blue siren could feel herself wanting to doze off as she achingly made her way to Fluttershy's home. It was a little difficult to see given how dark it was outside but thankfully the street lights provided at least a little bit of light for her vision. A tired yawn parted from her lips before finally spotting her destination. "Yes!"

With her goal in reach Sonata started to pick up her pace a little more despite the pain it would cause. Making her way towards the front door, Sonata would bang her fist upon it as heard as she could to wake the residents up. "FLUTTERSHY! Fluttershy, wake up!!" She would continue to pound away at the door until finally she could hear someone on the other head. The blinds were held up just enough so a tired Fluttershy could see what in the world was going on. Upon recognizing the form to be Sonata of all people, Fluttershy jumped.

"Wait, Fluttershy! Please! I need your help! I really really do! You need to call of your friends! Adagio and Aria, they're in trouble. Please." Sonata looked on with pleading eyes as she pressed herself against the door. Fluttershy's hand hesitated over the door as she looked onto Sonata. The Dazzlings had attempted to destroy her and her friends a while back. Not to mention throw their school into chaos! Should she really help her? What if this was some sort of trick to get at her?

Fluttershy took a breath before shaking her tired head. No no, once upon a time Sunset had been the same way. She had tried to destroy her as well. Now though they were incredibly close. It was just the matter of showing her that friendship was important. If she can extend her hand for Sunset, she can do it for Sonata too.

Slowly but surely did Fluttershy open the door and allowed Sonata to enter. A quiet 'thank you' was given as she limped herself inside. A look of concern washed over Fluttershy as she watched the other. The siren looked like she was in pain. What in the world happened to her?