• Published 12th Jun 2022
  • 528 Views, 4 Comments

Life Coaching the CMCs - TalB



Megan teaches the CMCs about growing up

  • ...
 4
 528

Making the Trip

It was another day at the clubhouse for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo until they heard about the Appleloosa County Fair going on. However, due to their age, they couldn't just go to the event on their own considering how far away the fair was from Ponyville. The Cutie Mark Crusaders went around to each of the Mane 6 in hoping that they can get someone to go with them.

They first tried to get Applejack to go with them and she mentioned, "As much as I would love to go this fair, I'm needed back here on the farm with Big Macintosh and Granny Smith. It's going to a busy day, and I'm really needed especially for getting all the apples that are needed. I'm sorry that I can't go with you with you."

Apple Bloom asked, "Can't they just do this without you?"

Applejack answered, "Sorry sis, but I'm really needed for this and I'm usually the best when it comes to getting apples, so you'll have to find someone else."

They next tried to get Rainbow Dash to go with them but got something similar.

Rainbow Dash explained, "Sorry you three, but they really need me over at the Wonderbolts Academy."

"Can't you just tell them you can be there another time and have someone else take your place?" asked Scootaloo.

"Unfortunately, this was something I already committed to a while back. At this time, there are no other pegasi who can replace me and it's going to be very busy day. Due to the way it was planned, it was made on the assumption that it was going to be me who was going train the recruits. I'm sorry that I can't go with you." answered Rainbow Dash.

They next tried Rarity in hopes that they could get her to say yes.

Rarity claimed, "Sorry, but I just can't go with you three to the fair."

Sweetie Belle asked, "Are you saying that you can't go with us or that you won't go with us?"

Rarity answered, "I wish I could take you, but there are a lot of dresses and other clothing I have to sew today due to so many big orders that are going on today, and I don't want to get behind in that. Even if I wasn't so busy working at the Carousel Botque, I still wouldn't go with you three to the Appleloosa County Fair. These events just don't interest me. Perhaps, you can find someone else who has that interest."

They went over to Pinkie Pie in hoping they could better results.

Pinkie Pie stated, "Maybe if you told me about this fair days or week earlier rather than at the last minute, I would have gotten someone to cover for me over at Sugarcube Corner for that. Seeing that it wasn't the case, I have to work there, plus there's almost never a day off when it comes to selling and making sweets. As much as I would love to go to that fair, I just can't, so you'll have to find someone else who can."

The Cuite Mark Crusaders tried with Fluttershy only to get turned down by her as well after seeing what was going on at her cottage.

Fluttershy said, "Although it would be nice to see the animals at the Appleloosa County Fair, I have enough of them I have to take care of here. Sometimes they won't just listen. At other times, there's just too many of them to go around, and I can't just leave them here. Unfortunately, you'll just have to find someone else to take you to that fair."

They then hoped they could get an answer from Twilight Sparkle only to get something similar in return.

Twilight told them, "I would like to take you three to the fair but seeing that I will soon be taking over as the new ruler of Equestria, I have a lot of responsibilities that I have to do and be ready for when that time come, so I'm sorry that I can't take any of you either."

They explained in unison, "We tried everyone else and got turned down."

Twilight then thought, "Why don't you to over to the portal, cross through it, and ask Megan Williams to go with you? Maybe she would want to go with you. If she doesn't, you may have to sit out the fair and wait until next year."

"What if someone besides her or her siblings sees us when we do this?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Don't worry, their father is now alright with them coming to Equestria as well as seeing talking ponies arrive at their ranch." replied Twilight.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders then headed to the portal that led them to Megan's ranch and met her and her father in what seemed like their last hope.

Megan looked at the fillies and asked, "What brings you three here?"

Scootaloo answered, "I hope if it's alright if you can come with us to the Appleloosa County Fair."

Megan then looked towards her father and asked, "Dad, is it alright that I take these ponies to a fair over in Equestria?"

Her dad answered, "In all honesty, there isn't a lot going on over at the ranch, so you can go with them."

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were finally feeling happy as they were ready to go back through the portal with Megan. Using the bits that she saved from her last trip to Equestria, she used them to buy train tickets as they were ready to head over to the fair. During that trip, they started to talk to Megan about their daily lives and how it worked, and why they were always felt that they were treated as if they had little freedom to what they wanted to do just because they were younger.

Apple Bloom mentioned, "Sometimes I wish that they didn't always treat us like little kids and let us do things on our own."

Scootaloo added, "They just don't trust us with anything important."

Sweetie Belle asked, "What's the point of trying to learn new things when your older siblings won't let you?"

Megan then stated, "You three shouldn't be taking this the wrong way. Your older sisters are just looking out for you. Maybe you should try looking at this from their perspective, and then you will understand why they are doing this. I know what it's like to be very young and looking at what someone older can-do might can make you feel jealous or even left out at time, but trust me, there are times when you wish when that isn't the case.

At first, they weren't so sure what Megan meant, but then started to understand what she meant as she started asking them questions about what they are known for doing.

Megan first turned to Apple Bloom and asked, "Do you do any of the chores over at Sweet Apple Acres that Applejack, Big Macintosh, or even Granny Smith is known for doing?"

Apple Bloom answered, "Last time I checked, I don't do anything major seeing that I'm too small for moving a ploughshare or even too weak for being able to kick an apple tree."

Megan then turned to Scootaloo and asked, "Do you ever have to do anything that Rainbow Dash does?"

Scootaloo replied, "For most part I don't, but part of that has to do with the fact that I can't fly."

Finally, Megan asked Sweetie Belle, "Does Rarity ever ask you to help her with her things?"

Sweetie Belle stated, "Even though I can also levitate things with my horn, there is only so much I can do, and due to my size, even such cloth can be too heavy for me to lift and move."

After hearing each of them Megan concluded, "Since each of you are younger, you don't have to bear the responsibilities that your older sisters or in some cases cousins have to do."

Scootaloo then asked Megan, "What do you mean by mentioning this?"

Megan answered, "I know that when you're young, you see someone older and being able to do the things that you can't do only making you want to do it, but you can't seem too due to your age."

Sweetie Belle added, "Are you saying that getting older and bigger is a bad thing?"

Megan replied, "I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. I'm just saying that when you get older and bigger, you will start to take on responsibilities that you didn't have too originally take care of. Believe me, when you get older and start to take on those said responsibilities, you will probably wish that you were young again. If anything, you three a lot more freedoms than what your older siblings have."

Apple Bloom asked her, "Do you actually do more work around the ranch than Danny and Molly?"

Megan mentioned, "Being that I'm older than they are, the answer is yes. I do a lot more chores than either of them do combine. I have never seen them having to do any of the hard work such having to take care of our pony TJ or even having to help plant the crops let alone take them out and carry them. Ever since I got my driver's license and was able to drive, there are times when I am responsible for taking some of the livestock and crops into town when that was all on my father. Overall, getting older doesn't mean that you are less responsible for things in life, and I can still remember when Twilight told me about what happened to you three when you accidentally made a wish off of that enchanted flower and still made the same mistakes you normally did as fillies, but then learned your lesson and was lucky enough that there was still another petal left so that you can use another wish to change yourselves back."

Scootaloo mentioned, "You don't need to remind us of that, because we had to learn everything the hard way."

After mentioning all of that, the train stopped as they were ready to go to the fair and seeing what it had to offer. At first, Megan wasn't sure if it would be like the county fair she goes to back on Earth near her hometown, but then saw that despite it being done by ponies, there wasn't that much of a difference. At the same time, some of the ponies thought that Megan was brought by the Cutie Mark Crusaders to be displayed with some of the other animals, but then after realizing who she was, they saw that it wasn't the case, which ended that incident. Later that day, they all got back to Ponyville with the Mane 6 especially the ones related to the Cutie Mark Crusaders being amazed about how they started to appreciate where they stood after what they heard from Megan in helping them prepare for what will happen to them when they get older. As for Megan herself, she waved good-bye to both the Mane 6 and Cutie Mark Crusaders as she went through the portal and headed back home.

Comments ( 4 )

i have an idea for the next fanfic its calld a gift form the an old queen as gift for megans danys moly sarvice form the days of
pony land dany gets the gift of strength stamimna and injurebilly of an earth pony molly gets the speed and flight of a pegasi
and last and by all means least megan gets the gift of all three tribes the gifts of injurebilly stamimna strengh of an earth pony
the flight and speed of and move and change weather of a pegasi and the raw magic of unicorn makeing megan the first human alicorn
and by old queen i meen queen majesty she appears in fornt of megan dany molly hows that for an idea for a fanicfic

11270566
Spelling errors aside, I don't do requests. Also, I'm not very much in favor of having Megan turning into a pony. The fact that she was a normal girl who came to help the ponies is what made her special. However, it would have been nice if other generations such as the last one or any in the near future would bring her back. Nonetheless, my fanfics are pretty much having her interact with G4 characters despite not being part of the show itself, and the Megan I use is pretty much the same one from G1, though I do make her a bit older. If you can do it, then more power to you, because I have no plans for something like that.

This was a cute story :pinkiehappy:

11282437
I'm glad that you liked it. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment