• Published 25th May 2022
  • 615 Views, 8 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Chronicles Throughout Equestria and Beyond - snivygamer97



The Mane 6 and Spike help Sora and friends save the worlds from darkness.

  • ...
 8
 615

A Weird Wonderland Welcome

Later, in the First District of Traverse Town, Sora and the others talk to Leon, Yuffie, and Aerith…
“Make sure you’re prepared for the journey ahead of you. We don’t know how far the Heartless have spread,” Leon warned.
“Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that, you guys. With how crazy prepared Twilight can be I’d say we’ll be ready for months,” Spike said teasingly in regards to Twilight.
“Hey! I have ears, you know!” Twilight yelled with an embarrassed blush.
“Sorry, Twilight,” Spike apologized.
“Well, anyway, check out the shops here. They’ve got some pretty neat stuff!” Yuffie suggested.
“Like food, armor, and other stuff like that?” Rainbow asked, looking excited.
“And a bunch of other stuff as well,” Aerith confirmed. “This is from all of us.” She hands Sora 500 munny. “Spend it as you see fit. And this is from Leon.” Leon looks away as she hands Sora an Elixir.
“Good luck!” Yuffie calls out.
“I hope you find your friends,” Aerith wished the group luck.
“Look out for each other. Keep your spirits up,” Leon finishes.
“So, I gotta know. Is Twilight really that obsessed with organizing?” Kairi asked Spike in genuine curiosity as the previous conversation ended.
“Kinda?” Spike awkwardly said.
“What? Does she have one of those Smarty Pants dolls where you can do homework with her?” Rainbow joked as Twilight looked mad.
“Um, Rainbow? Maybe you should apologize to Twilight,” Sora noted.
“Why?” Rainbow asked, confused, as she looked to Twilight, only to see that her face was burning red. “Oh, I’m sorry about that, Twilight. I was just joking.”
“It’s okay. But, can we please stop with the jokes on me?” Twilight was a bit frustrated.
“If it really bothers you, we’ll stop. So, what do you think we should buy before we leave on our journey?” Kairi wondered.
“Can we see what kinda armor can work with our Keyblades?” Rainbow suggested enthusiastically.
“I’d love to do that! Where is the armor shop?” Sora asked.
“Ta be perfectly honest, I remember seeing the shop, but it’s currently closed,” Goofy said as Rainbow and Sora started to look deflated.
“Besides, the munny is for essentials anyway,” Donald reminded the group.
“Boo! So we can’t even have a candy bar or something?” Rainbow Dash grumbled.
“No! Look, this isn’t a field trip, Rainbow Dash. This is a journey where there are life and death stakes and where we are in constant danger!” Twilight harshly reminded Rainbow Dash.
“I know that! But that doesn't mean we can’t have a little bit of fun!” Rainbow argued.
“To be fair, Rainbow has a point. We can still get the essentials for most of our munny and then we can get something cheap for our remaining munny,” Spike suggested.
“And, as Donald and Goofy said, their vessel runs on happiness and joy,” Sora recalled.
“That does sound fair,” Kairi agreed.
“Well…I guess we can buy one candy apiece. After all, the nearby store I recall lets you buy a bar for 5 munny,” Twilight started to relent.
“But…,” Donald tried to argue.
“Well, I think we’re gonna do fine Donald. After all, if what Spike says is true, Twilight is an organizing master!” Goofy agreed.
“Fine! Twilight and I will do the essential shopping. Everyone gets to buy one thing that is 5 munny or less,” Donald relented.
“Aren’t most things worth a fair amount other than that candy?” Sora asked.
“Don’t let him hear you say that,” Spike whispered.
“So, where exactly is this vessel of ours anyway, if you don’t mind me asking?” Kairi asked curiously.
“Oh, that’s easy! The gummi ship is outside that gate,” Donald answered as he pointed to a gate at the front of Traverse Town.
“The what?” Sora was confused.
“I think he said the gummi ship,” Kairi whispered back.
“Wait. Why are we riding in a ship made of gummies?” Rainbow asked.
“I doubt that’s what the ship is made of, guys,” Twilight shook her head.
“Twilight’s right. The gummi ship is made up of building blocks specially made to fly through the cosmos,” Donald explained.
“Wait ‘til you see it!” Goofy said excitedly.
“I’ll admit, it’s a pretty cool ship. But…how are we gonna fit everyone inside it, you guys?” Spike asked.
“Don’t worry! Our ship can expand to fit in multiple people in it at a time,” Goofy answered.
“But…How?!” Twilight was in disbelief.
“The same way a duck can perform magic, I guess?” Kairi offered jokingly.
“Speaking of which…Hold on. You guys, this is for you. Now, watch carefully…,” Donald said as he generated a small flame on the tip of his staff.
“That’s cool!” Sora was impressed.
“I thought I remembered seeing magic during our battle earlier,” Kairi noted.
“Amazing! How did you…,” Twilight was amazed at the spell.
“With enough practice almost anyone can learn different types of magic. I happen to be a master magician,” Donald boasted.
“Then teach us some more magic then, your majesty,” Rainbow joked good-naturedly.
“I’m afraid we can’t yet. Magic can turn out to be very complicated. It would take years to get at my level, even with an affinity to it,” Donald shook his head. “So, don’t be saddened if it takes you some time to get it done ri-.”
“Tada!” Twilight said as she created a fireball from her horn.
“Whaa?! But…how?!” Donald was shocked.
“Twilight is an expert at magic where she comes from,” Spike answered.
“Really?” Kairi asked. “That’s so cool!”
“I know, right? Between that and our Keyblades we should be able to defeat any threat that comes our way!” Sora agreed.
“Aw, come on now! I’m not that good,” Twilight humbly said.
“Said the unicorn that just mastered a spell she just learned,” Donald said under his breath.
“Anyway, I’m sure you guys could learn some magic on your own as well. Why don’t you try to use Fire magic?” Twilight suggested as Sora tried to generate a Fire spell. It took a few minutes worth of tries, but he finally succeeded in creating a Fire spell, which amazed the young teen. Kairi went next, taking almost as long as Sora, but eventually she created a larger flame.
“So, it looks like this magic thing is easy peasy! I bet I’ll be able to create a Fire spell in one go!” Rainbow gloated.
“I wouldn’t say that, Rainbow. I mean, Sora and I managed to create Fire, but it took us many tries,” Kairi noted.
“Yeah, and Twilight has a lot of magical ability, almost comparable to the princess herself,” Spike agreed.
“Well, I guess I’ll break the mold! I was able to do so with my athletic ability and I can do so with magic as well! Here I go!” Rainbow cried out as she tried to create Fire…only to fail. She tried again. And again. And again.
“Looks like it isn’t that easy, huh?” Donald asked.
“Hey! Just give me a little more time! I’m more than capable of performing that spell!” Rainbow yelled in frustration, failing once more to summon a fireball.
“Yeah…because you failing for five minutes even with a Keyblade so shows your magical talent,” Spike sarcastically noted as Rainbow groaned.
“To be fair, she may just be a slow learner. I bet I could teach her in no time!” Twilight suggested.
“I-can-do-it-on-my-own!” Rainbow yelled, trying to cast Fire each word…only to fail every time.
As Rainbow was sitting there, exhausted by her many failed attempts to cast Fire, Kairi consoled, “Okay…maybe we can try again later.”
“Ugh! Why didn’t my spell work?!” Rainbow was dumbfounded as to her failure.
“Well, to start, you need to have good form. Second, you need to-,” Twilight began as Rainbow gave a bored and annoyed sigh.
“Uh…maybe we can talk about this later?” Goofy asked, reading the room.
“Thanks! The last thing I need is an eggheaded lecture. I got enough of those at school,” Rainbow was relieved.
“Nice try, Rainbow. You gave it your best shot,” Sora reassured.
“Yeah. I mean, it took Sora and me a few tries to get it right. You shouldn’t expect to get it perfect right away,” Kairi agreed.
“But I fai-er…,” Rainbow caught herself before she could say that word. That one word that could crumble her confidence and self-esteem. After taking a moment to consider what she was told, she had an idea. “You know what? You’re right, Kairi. Just because I couldn’t get it right away, doesn’t mean I’ll never succeed. I could probably learn it in my sleep! I just need to get the magic junk outta my Keyblade somehow.”
“You could probably do it sooner with help,” Spike snarked, which Rainbow heard but chose to ignore.
“Well, now that we got all that settled, let’s get going!” Sora cheered.
“Not ‘til we’re ready!” Donald yelled out, reminding the group that they still needed to buy supplies.
“Oh…right. But can we please make it quick? The sooner we can find our friends the better,” Sora asked.
“Yeah. And the last thing we need is for more worlds to die out,” Twilight agreed.
Meanwhile, Jiminy looked over the group as he thought to himself, “Well, I see big adventures coming their way! Looks like it’s up to me to keep track of it all in my journal!”
—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later, after the group had ended up inside of the Gummi Ship…
“Wow! So, this is the cool ship we are going to journey in,” Sora was amazed.
“Uh huh! Chip and Dale made it years ago when the King needed a way ta journey to other worlds without the Star Shard or Master Yen Sid’s powers,” Goofy explained.
“I don’t know who any of those po-er-people are. Can you explain them to us?” Twilight asked.
“Not now, Twilight! Right now we need to go to the next world we’re gonna search!” Donald rejected.
“Maybe you can explain while we ride there?” Kairi asked.
“Uh…maybe another time,” Spike noted as he remembered Donald refusing to answer him due to not fully trusting him yet.
“Aw, I can explain it to ya. Ya see…Chip and Dale are masters at technology based stuff back at home, especially with the Gummi Ship! As fer Yen Sid, he’s the King’s old teacher and a master at magic,” Goofy answered.
“WAIT. This Yen Sid knows magic?!” Twilight asked excitedly, jumping up and down like a filly.
“Um, yeah. That’s what he said. What’s the big deal? Don’t you already learn magic with Celestia back at home?” Rainbow asked.
“Yeah, but for all we know he may have knowledge of magic even Celestia isn’t familiar with! Maybe once we’re done saving the worlds and finding everyone else, he can teach me stuff…if he’ll teach me,” Twilight said the last part a bit meekly with a blush on her face.
“I don’t know. Yen Sid doesn’t teach just anyone. Now…Let’s see…the closest world is a place called Wonderland. It’s a wacky looking place that is all red and pink,” Donald said.
“Seems kinda girly to me,” Spike said as he fake gagged, not liking the idea of this place.
“Yeah…I mean, I’ll still go and look for the others, but I’m not likely to have a grand ol’ time here,” Rainbow agreed as she hoof bumped Spike’s claw.
“Maybe the place will be more appealing once we’re there,” Kairi suggested.
“Well, either way, let’s get going! Next stop, Wonderland!” Sora cheered.
—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a shockingly short amount of time, the group arrived in the middle of a place called Rabbit Hole, with the Gummi Ship appearing high above the ground below.
“So…this is Wonderland,” Sora noted.
“Uh huh. And…,” Spike looked out of the window only to see that there was no floor. “...We have nowhere to go.”
“Wait. That can’t be…there has to be a floor!” Twilight was confused until she looked out herself and was dumbfounded about being high up in the sky as a clock passed by. And then a fireplace…And then-, “Wh-wha-what is this place? What is? Where the?”
“I knew the place would be wacky, but I didn’t think it would make no sense,” Kairi noted.
“Making no sense? Oh, Once we find where the world actually is I’ll find a way to make it make sense!” Twilight laughed as her hair started to get messy.
“Uh…is Twilight okay?” Kairi asked Spike in concern.
“Yeah…she’s starting to go cuckoo,” Rainbow agreed a bit more rudely.
“Well…Twilight likes for things to be controllable and I guess this place isn’t a place where that is possible,” Spike explained.
“Little too soon to make that assumption. Maybe things will be less crazy the more we search,” Sora suggested.
“Sounds good. Though first…we’ll need to find out where to search if we can’t even find the ground,” Kairi said.
“Ah’m sure we’ll find it. What do you think is going on, Donald?” Goofy asked.
“No clue. But…maybe there is a ground to be found in this place,” Donald pointed out.
“Oh, sure! And when we do find it maybe we can finally make sense of this place! All we need now is to find a way there…,” Twilight said as she tried to calm down.
“Um…hello?” Rainbow noted as she reminded the group of her wings. “I can just fly until I find the ground. It’ll be easy!” Rainbow said as she flew down deeper into the Rabbit Hole to find the ground, which wasn’t really all that far. “Found the ground! We can just fall and we’ll be fine!”
“See, Twilight? You heard the lady. Just a simple hop and we’ll be out of here,” Spike tried to reassure.
“Yeah! And maybe we’re just in this world’s weird part. I bet once we’re outta here things’ll make more sense,” Sora agreed.
“You know what? You’re right! This world’s weirdness can’t be all that! I won’t let this place break me already!” Twilight cried out as she jumped down, being sure to use her magic to lighten her fall.
Eventually, everyone else jumped down the Rabbit Hole. Slowly they drift downward, past clocks and tables and fireplaces, Goofy was lying on his back enjoying the ride. Eventually, the group finally reached the bottom, with mostly everyone landing softly on their feet, while Goofy falls over with a big thump. They hear the quick pattering of feet as a white rabbit in a waistcoat carrying a large clock dashes past them.

“Oh, my fur and whiskers! I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!” The White Rabbit cried out in worry as he panted heavily. “Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! I’m here, I should be there.” The group watched him scurry away, greatly confused by the sight ahead of them. “I’m late, I’m late, I’m late! The queen, she’ll have my head for sure!”

“Well…looks like we already have more questions,” Spike noted.

“Yeah. Like who is this queen and why does she sound so mean?” Sora asked.

“Maybe he’s just overreacting?” Kairi suggested, not wanting to believe said queen would be so cruel.

“Regardless, we can’t waste our time wondering stuff like that. We need to get moving if we’re to find the King,” Donald reminded.

“Y-You’re right. We can’t just stand around here and do nothing. Let’s get going through this door,” Twilight noted as she opened the door at the end of the hall…with many smaller doors underneath. Eventually, just before Twilight could express her confusion and anger, they finally were able to enter the next room.
—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They enter the Bizarre Room and see the White Rabbit scurrying across the tiled floor, several sizes smaller than before. “Wha…?” Twilight was further confused by the rabbit being smaller, though Spike tried to grab her left forehoove to calm her down. The ticking sounds of a multitude of clocks lining the walls fills their ears as they watch the rabbit run through a small wooden door with a large doorknob on the edge of the room. Sora walks over to the door and kneels down in front of it.
“Looks like this place just gets weirder, huh?” Kairi noted.
“Yeah. I have to wonder, though; how did he get so small?” Sora questioned.
“Him, get small? No, you’re simply too big,” The group heard a voice…which came from the doorknob itself. Everyone was puzzled as Donald jumps and Twilight looks further like her brain was melting.

“It talks!” Donald cried out as everyone looked on in surprise and confusion.

“But…but how?! I know this shouldn’t be news to me anymore, but what in Tartarus is wrong with this place?!” Twilight demanded.

“If you think this is weird, then you obviously are new to Wonderland…Still, must you be so loud? You woke me up,” The doorknob complained.

“Well…maybe you can get a start to your day then?” Kairi offered.

“Kairi’s right here. Good morning,” Goofy cheerfully greeted the knob.

“Good night! I need a bit more sleep,” The knob rudely shoots this attempt at niceness down. He yawns again, still feeling tired even after all his sleep.

“Hey! Doorknob guy, we’re just looking for people and ponies! You see any around here?” Rainbow asked rudely back.

“I saw a girl in a white and blue dress earlier and a pink pony with a weird side marking ... .Other than that, nobody of note. Can you let me go back to sleep now?” The knob answered.

“...Oh no,” Rainbow and Twilight both sighed.

“Why? What’s the matter?” Kairi asked.

“She an enemy of yours?” Donald asked.

“No, she’s just annoying,” Rainbow bluntly stated as the others gave her a look. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure she’s not bad, but Pinkie Pie’s almost insufferable to deal with sometimes. I just hope we can get her back to Traverse Town and not have to deal with her the rest of this quest.”

“To be honest, I kinda agree. The last thing I need right now is to deal with her craziness at such a weird place,” Twilight said with a sigh.

“Well…she can still be fun. I mean, that party of hers before the Nightmare Moon stuff was fun,” Spike reminded.

“Yeah, and maybe she saw something related to the King or the Heartless,” Goofy noted.

“Then, let’s get going!” Donald yelled.

“Okay, but before that we need to find a way through the door…and I think we’re too big to fit as we are,” Kairi pointed out.

Upon hearing this, Sora crouches down to the doorknob and asks, “Wait, what do we have to do to grow small? We need to look for some people and ponies!”

“Why don’t you try the bottle...over there?” The doorknob said.

Sora turns and sees a table and chair form out of the floor.

“Well, looks like that problem is solved,” Goofy said.

“And…another one was caused,” Kairi sadly noted as she saw Twilight freak out again.

“Maybe we can take her back to the Gummi Ship?” Sora offered.

“No! I will keep going! We need to stop these Heartless from causing more trouble!” Twilight rejected.

“That’s the spirit! Now let’s drink…whatever is in this bottle!” Rainbow cheered awkwardly.

The group were about to take a drink from the blue bottle when suddenly… “Oh, hey girls! How is it being so big? I mean, there must be advantages to it seeing as how you’ve been big for so long! Sorry I haven’t been able to see what that rabbit was doing, but I was eating an emergency cupcake in my mane and the doorknob was all cranky and sleepy! Plus, the weird dark guys from town hall appeared and…”

“Can you please stop her?” Donald groaned.

“To be honest, this I could do without,” Spike noted.

“Ahem. Pinkie. Pinkie? PINKIE!!!” Twilight yelled out the last part.

“Yes, Twilight?” Pinkie asked innocently.

“What are you doing here? I thought that you’d be behind that door, not on this side of it,” Rainbow said.

“Well, I’d go and see what the adorable fluffy bunny was up to, but the doorknob is all ‘I need more sleep’ even though he’d been sleeping for an hour now and he won’t let me through!” Pinkie huffed before turning sweet once more. “So…who are these lovely non-pony creatures? Oh! Are they interested in making friends?”

“To be honest, kinda? At least we found someone already,” Sora looked on the bright side.

“Now, let’s see if we can find anyone else,” Kairi agreed. “Don’t worry, Pinkie. We’ll take the time to talk more in a little bit. Right now, we just need to find some people that may have ended up on the other side.”

“So…ya have any idea how we may get through the door?” Goofy asked.

“Dunno. Maybe there’s a secret entrance behind clock number one?” Pinkie suggested.

“Pinkie? Can you please not be random for one minute and answer us seriously?” Rainbow asked.

“Yeah! The last thing we need is to complicate matters!” Twilight agreed.

“Wait…,” Sora decided to check behind the clock and saw a door on the other side. “Looks like we found our way in!”

“Perfect! Now, let’s shrink down so we can move onwards!” Kairi cheered as the group drank from the blue bottle and shrink down to the size of the door and Pinkie.

“Now we can finally continue searching for the King!” Donald sighed in relief.

“Uh…maybe we need ta wait a minute,” Goofy said.

“Why?” Spike asked.

“Because…,” Goofy was about to answer as the group saw what Goofy was referring to. Several Heartless appear, with most of them being Shadows, Blue Rhapsodys, and Red Nocturnes.

“Well…Looks like we get to fight a bit before we advance. Sounds fun!” Rainbow said as she, Kairi, and Sora got out their Keyblades.

“Oooh! Can I have one of those weird sword thingies?” Pinkie innocently asked.

“Uh…I’m afraid you just don’t get one,” Sora answered.

“Yeah. Sorry, Pinkie,” Kairi apologized.

“Aw! Well…I’ll just make do with this then!” Pinkie cheered up immediately as she summoned her Party Cannon and blasted some of the Heartless, causing some damage and knocking them back. And so, the group began to fight the vast amount of Heartless. After a minute of slashes, magic bursts(including accidentally strengthening the blue and red Heartless with Blizzard and Fire respectively), and confetti blasts, all the Heartless were defeated.

Seeing as how they had business in the next room, the group entered and found several card soldiers stand guard as a trial is in progress inside a large hedge maze. Several roses line the hedges, some red and some white. A large line of cards parts to allow the group to enter as a small blond girl in a blue pinafore dress is standing at a defendant’s table. She looks up to the bench and is addressed by a large scary woman wearing a crown, likely the queen that was mentioned earlier. The White Rabbit from earlier runs up a podium and catches his breath before sounding a note with a trumpet.

“Court is now in session!” The rabbit announces as the cards bow in respect.

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it takes so long for me to post new chapters. My passion always fluctuates from wanting to work a lot on typing and being disinterested. If you have any suggestions as to what I can do to post more, please let me know. Also, reread the last scene of the previous chapter. There are some differences that you'll find to the chapter.

Comments ( 1 )

Pretty great that this is continuing

Login or register to comment