• Published 2nd Oct 2021
  • 386 Views, 3 Comments

Three sets of armour - a touch of sparkles



I've been a royal guard for most of my life. I've never switched who I serve, but I've worn three different sets of armour.

  • ...
 3
 386

Silver armour

When the empire returned it was strange. Many of us, including me, had muddled up memories from Sombra’s curse. Most were back to normal in a few weeks though. The new princess apparently descended from Amore. I’m not sure how as she never had any foals, thankfully. But she’s nothing like her. Cadence is rather sweet, she seems nice enough but I think I have trust issues now. Her husband I believe came from the royal guards, as of which he has already become the general.

There was quite some tension of course. Many were expecting Sombra to show up and try and take over again. However he never did which I can’t tell if that’s more nerve racking or not. But either way this new princess and her friends stayed for some time just in case. During that time they helped us fix our memories and even started up our traditions again. I didn’t tell Cadence straight away about the true history of the empire, I just let her believe what Celestia had told her. But I did tell her eventually.

I believe utterly mortified is a suitable way to describe her reaction. It’s definitely not something you expect to hear on a Tuesday morning. But it was better than keeping her in the dark, especially if Sombra did ever return, which he hasn’t. To be fair, I think Sombra may be more interested in his family then us at the moment. That’s if there alive I doubt they lived for a thousand years, unless Sombra found a way to expand their lifespan.

We did however end up finding Amore’s statue. She was on some form of platform. Sombra had rerouted the sewer pipes so they opened up above her. Everything was dumped on her and it fell of her back into the pipes bellow. It was sort of another pay back I guess. After all Sombra and his mother, along with many other Umbrum, did have to sit in their own excrement. At the moment we are still unsure what to do with her. We still debating whether we should release her or not. Were leaning more towards holding her in prison and getting info and other stuff from her. Others wanted to try and “reform” her, they are under the reasoning of “a god of chaos could be reformed, why can’t Amore?”. To be fair they do have a point, but she’s so deeply rooted in her beliefs and ways I doubt she’s saveable.

Apart from that life is going back to almost completely normal. Cadence was a ruler we truly needed. Hopefully we can get more then twenty years of relative peace with her. She’s even letting me have a long break from the army, its up to me if I return or not. I want to start a new life for myself now. Hopefully I will get to relax and start a life I generally wanted. I know as a colt I wanted to be an acrobatic flyer, don’t think I’m quite spry enough anymore. Right know though I need to get some friends and hopefully find love. Its something I’ve been lacking for quite some time. There was a mare in the kitchens who used to make sure Amore didn’t poison my food again. I really quite liked her, she was rather beautiful. She seemed to like me as well, but we all tell ourselves that don’t we. But there’s no harm in trying.
Maybe one day I will return to the army. But not yet, I’m taking Cadences advice of a well deserved rest.

Comments ( 1 )

Very compelling, I liked the alternative take on Amore and Sombra.

Login or register to comment