• Published 20th Oct 2021
  • 4,511 Views, 696 Comments

Beyond Blind Eyes - Lunaric



Might not have sight anymore but there's always magic... It might take some time to learn it, though.

  • ...
10
 696
 4,511

PreviousChapters Next
Blabber from the Blinded

"Hey Sunny, do you know anyone who might know any divination or scrying spells? I... remember you said you know a lot about magic so you'd probably know or know someone who does?"

"While I am sad to say I cannot cast anything with these wings I am aware of a vast amount of spells and their schools."

"Oh, actually! Real quick, I wanted to ask since you're somehow experienced with magic-" Aqua tilted her head to the side and faced Sunny for the next phrase, "Which I also want to ask you about that at some point, by the way- Is suddenly being tired after using magic a good or bad thing? Like mainly exerting yourself fully, or at least what feels fully. Sore horn and all that."

The tall pegasus giggled. "While being made exhausted by using excessive mana is quite normal, it isn't normal for it to make you tired enough to fall asleep..." Sunny looked up and tapped a hoof to her chin. Perhaps her age?

"Well, I'm young and all that, so..." Aqua trailed off before shaking her head quickly. "A-anyway, about the sore horn?"

Sunny tilted her head. Hm... "Indeed... The sore horn is normal, though it is not recommended. For reasons as I am sure you learned, and the fact that exerting it excessively stresses the bone. Straining it likely will cause it to be sore for around a day. Longer, if it was really exerted."

The filly hummed audibly. "That's interesting... and weird. 'Cause my horn stopped being sore as soon as I woke up from the nap and I only slept for something like two hours? I think. Cotton doesn't really have a watch on her. Oh, I can probably also continue to play around then." Aqua then took out one of the magic-resistant balls from... somewhere and started to make it hover beside her.

Where did she..? The adult shook her head before she tapped her chin with a wing. "That is curious..." That makes sense. Sunny left Aqua to her thoughts as her ears perked and she scanned the common room. Which filly is it..? Roguh Thud... Looks to have taken a tumble... Sunny spotted a navy blue unicorn mare headed towards the crying filly. Looks like Clear Water will comfort her. The pegasus nodded to herself.

"Hey, Sunny?" Aqua was no longer holding up the ball as it shuffled between her front hooves as she looked nervous. "Did you go to the school? The uh... the princess' school."

"While Celestia owns many schools, I imagine you are talking about the one named Clestia's School for Gifted Unicorns? I believe you are going there soon, correct?"

Aqua blushed and faced away, "Uh, yeah. And, well, when you put it that way, that wasn't a very smart question, was it?"

Sunny lightly laughed and covered her mouth with a wing. "I did not go there, though I did teach a few classes there once upon a time."

Aqua blinked. "Oh."

"I do not think I would be allowed to become a student there... I learned with the use of tutor and friend."

"Oh..." Aqua blinked again. "Well, that answers my earlier question I suppose..."

Sunny looked down at her hooves.

"Hey, Sunny? Uh... I-..." The filly clicked her tongue. "This uh... This whole thing is going to sound weird, no matter how I word it. Does the uh... Does the word reverent mean anything to you?"

Sunny quirked an eyebrow. "That... That is certainly a question, Aqua."

Aqua's head and ears were leaning to the side. "I- uh... I hope it is?"

Sunny giggled. "It is..." The pegasus then sighed deeply. "The world means many things to me... It can mean respect, it can mean love, it can mean holiness in some regards, though, it can also mean isolation..."

Aqua had a light smile on her face. "Okay, so while this is going to be awkward, it isn't as awkward as it could have been..."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you work in the castle, right?" Aqua furrowed her browns and looked down. "Pretty certain Solid said that..." The filly shook her head, "Anyway, I wanted to ask you about Celestia- the princess. So, you know about my magical troubles-. Sorry to go on another tangent in the middle of another tangent," The filly giggled, "But apparently, it got worse again... Well, more like what was happening a while ago developed into this, or rather, was this. We just didn't know it at the time." The filly shook her head.

Sunny giggled.

"Anyway, so apparently Celestia gave a... I think the specific word used was tip about the condition. She's sup- uh, old and all that, so she must have some knowledge about it. I'm just wondering why she's got me in her sights... I know Cotton said that a blind kid is like extremely rare, but I don't really think that'd be enough to garner a qu- monarch's attention... Especially if I'm a commoner or whatever."

Hm... Perhaps..? No. "I have not met her as most of my time is spent in my office. Mostly writing paperwork is not an enjoyable job, but it must be done."

The filly clicked her tongue. "Aw. Darn."

"I merely said I had not met her..." Sunny stifled a smirk. "Living in the castle has given me a good amount of knowledge about her... It has been... enlightening..."

"Oh. Okay, then. I bet you know tonnes of rumours then." Aqua smirked at the pegasus. "At least, based on how you phrased that last sentence. I wanted to ask you about her. I know you actually asked me about her a while ago, but I wanted to ask the question earlier just to be certain... Mainly cause you're the only one I've heard actually say her name outside of a lecture. Everyone always says The Princess, rather than her actual name. So I wanted to ask, does she often focus on random people and is she actually really nice? 'Cause I'm not gonna lie, I'm... a little concerned... And maybe frightened, if she really is as powerful as everyone says."

Sunny nodded and stifled a laugh. "Of what I have heard, she loves foals... I believe the reason is due to the fact that they are not scared to act like themselves around her..."

Aqua nodded. "Yeah, I guess that makes sense..."

"And finally, you are here due to her help, are you not? This building is directly financed and managed by her."

"Yeah, I guess that's fair... Though, I don't know... It just feels weird, having someone important looking at you, I guess."

"I suppose I can understand that. While I have not had someone looking out for me in a long time, it is rarely good to deny the help..." Sunny looked down.

"Yeah... That's true. As weird as it is... Oh," Sunny felt Aqua lean into her side, and as she looked, the pegasus saw a mischievous smile, "And don't think I didn't catch that. Don't be out there giving advice to strangers if you don't follow them yourself. Don't forget to take care of yourself too, Sunny."

Once more she shows wisdom beyond her years. Sunny's face grew a smile. "Very well. You speak with wisdom."

Aqua closed her eyes and pointed her nose up at the ceiling. "Oh, I always speak with wisdom. I always do. Even when I'm not." She opened her eyes and stared at Sunny. "Well? Hows about it?" The filly reached a hoof straight out with the hoof facing upwards. "You sound like you need a friend... I know you might be going on a date with Solid at some point, but hey, ain't no problem with having more friends."

Sunny stared at Aqua's hoof. The smile didn't leave her face. Very well. She put a hoof on top of the filly's miniature hoof. "I believe I shall have to take you up on that offer."

Aqua smiled. "There ya go, Sunny."

Author's Note:

That chapter was certainly something to write... I started and then I realised I was almost done with it... About one thousand words later... Writing often might actually be helping.

Also, I can see why writers don't like editing now. Definitely my least favourite aspect of writing this often.

Well, I hope you all enjoy and have a good day and/or night.

Oh, I'm once more asking a question with no context: Uranus or Neptune?
As I have been for the past while, there's been a major decision I need to make and while I love both sides, I want to see how randomness takes it into hand.
And no making a 'ur anus' joke, or I'll curse you to only drink warm water when you wake up in the middle of the night. Jk. Jk, again. Or is it? VSauce, Michael here.

Six for Six.

PreviousChapters Next