• Published 20th Oct 2021
  • 4,512 Views, 696 Comments

Beyond Blind Eyes - Lunaric



Might not have sight anymore but there's always magic... It might take some time to learn it, though.

  • ...
10
 696
 4,512

PreviousChapters Next
Letter II

Cotton's eyes widened. She slowly opened her mouth. "It's from the school."

Aqua jerked and shuffled into the pegasus' side. "Really? Uh... Okay... What's it say?"

Cotton peeled back the cover of the letter with a wing, revealing a page with text. "Give me a moment to read."

Aqua smirked and shook her head. "Slowpoke."

Cotton briefly turned to the filly. "Shush. Let me read."

The filly held up her front hooves. "Okay, okay... Take your time."

Focusing back on the letter, Cotton began to read. Welcome to Celestia's School for Gifted... The new School year will be starting at the beginning of next week, on Grass Day the First, Stem month, 756 C.B.... Ending on the last day of Pollen Month... We hope you enjoy the... "It's... an introductory letter..." As Cotton got to the end of the letter, she felt another letter underneath.

Aqua suddenly let go of a breath and put a hoof on her chest. "Oh, okay. Well, that's nice, I guess... Well, I'm glad it's not bad. Like being denied due to the whole magic thing." She pointed at her horn peeking through her white mane. "Though, maybe they haven't found out yet..." Aqua didn't sound so sure of herself as she looked down.

Cotton rubbed the back of the filly with her wing. Looking down at her, she tried to reassure the filly, "I'm sure it's fine. I'm pretty certain they get your medical reports, and that they don't mind."

The filly slowly raised her head and began to nod. "True..." Her nodding sped up. "It's probably fine..." The filly looked up at the mare and leaned into her side. "Thanks, Cotton."

Cotton nodded and woke a small smile as she hugged the filly closer. "You're welcome. There is another letter. Let me read it." Pulling the new letter in front, something dropped onto the floor from between the letters. Looking down, she realised it was a small card. Cotton picked it up and looked at it. "It also came with a card... Oh! It's your I.D. for the new school year!"

Aqua smiled. "Aye. That's nice. good to hear. What's written on it?"

"It's got your name, status as a student, student number, and it's got a picture of you." Cotton furrowed her eyebrows. "You're smiling in the picture..."

Aqua hummed out a questioning sound. "Twice now... When did they take my picture? I don't even remember posing for one... Especially not a second one now."

"Neither do I..." Curious... "Well, you look nice in it... Brushed mane and all..."

"That's... Huh. Thanks, I guess. Still a little confused, but okay. Maybe we can ask another student whenever that happens."

The pegasus nodded. "Probably..." Cotton focused back on the letter. "I'm going to read the other letter now."

"Okay."

Cotton scanned the letter. Dear Aqua... Welcome to the school... Cotton looked up. Sounds more informal... She shook her head. The attached letter is the general letter given to all students.... Your situation is a special one... As you're unaware, you may dispose of any previous Identification Cards the school has given you... Instead of any of the pre-school events... Just come to my office the day before school starts... ...won't need any supplies other than snacks... I believe you had a guardian escort or two with you last time. You may also bring them once more... Once more... Thank you for choosing Celestia's school for... From, The Principal, Shimmering Sky. Cotton blinked. "It's... a little informal, but it's from the principal."

Aqua blinked as well. "Uh... Shimmering Sky, right?"

Cotton hummed an affirmative as she nodded. "She says that due to your circumstances, you'll get to avoid a lot of the beginning preparation for the school year."

"Neat. Also, an informal principal is a good principal. That way, you can actually talk to them about things. It's always nice."

Cotton stared at the filly for a second. "She also says you'll need to come in on..." She glanced at the letter. "Cactus Day to talk with her in her office. She said you won't need to bring any supplies other than perhaps a snack. Lastly, me or solid can come if we want to."

Aqua looked confused. "Well, why wouldn't I want either of you to come?"

Cotton looked down and shrugged. "It's your choice."

Aqua snorted and giggled. "I'm blind. What am I gonna do, navigate crowds and hallways to meet someone who I've only ever met once?" Aqua shook her head firmly. "Nah, Y'all are coming..." Aqua titled her head. "Well, if either of you can, that is."

"I'll be there." Cotton nodded and giggled. As the two of them grew silent, she began to fold the letter back up. Cotton glanced at Aqua's student I.D. once more. The filly in the picture looked like Aqua. Cotton glanced at the filly in question, who was facing their hooves. Something is different... She looked at both the card and the filly next to her. Can't put my hoof on it, though. With a small shrug, Cotton put the card back in the envelope with the two letters.

Aqua spoke up. "I had almost forgotten about when it was happening. School starting. This feels a little sudden... I know it's not. But it feels like it is..." The filly was idly tapping her forehooves together.

Cotton slowly nodded. Once more, she used the wing laid atop Aqua to squeeze the filly reassuringly. "A lot of things feel that way. And with all that's been happening, I think you may have a pass on being distracted."

"That's fair, but still... It just feels wrong..." She shook her head slowly. "Well, there's no use dwelling on it. It's a week away, anyway... You said she mentioned that I don't have to bring anything, right?"

Cotton giggled. "Other than a snack, yes."

The filly nodded firmly. "Sick. At least we don't have to go shopping for pencils and other boring things. And before you say anything, yes I know I'm saying that about the thing that I used to use to draw. Look, think about it this way, when you were preparing for school," Aqua titled her head and corrected herself, "going back to school rather. Anyway, it's great cause you get to see friends again, but the shopping beforehand? Bleh." Aqua lazily mimicked the motions of dry heaving without any sound.

Cotton snorted.

Aqua giggled. "Y'know, imagine if someone did that pose, but you like put something in their mouth. Like poked their uvula. Make them actually throw up." Aqua shook her head with a small smirk.

Cotton leaned back. What? "Aqua..." Cotton began to speak, but didn't know what to say."

Aqua looked up at the pegasus and nodded. "Yeah, you're right. Never mind, it's a stupid idea. You wouldn't ever want to do that. After all, if you did, you'd be in the splash zone."

Cotton sputtered and began to laugh.

Aqua joined her in laughing.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the two-day delay and absence. For Sunday, I had even less time than I thought I would. And yesterday, I watched another movie.
Also sorry that I left you on a cliffhanger. Here's a slightly above-average length chapter to make up for it.

One more chapter and I'll be taking my hiatus. This (nearly) daily writing helped me a lot, I think...

We have more progression now. Still much to be done...

I hope you enjoy and have a good day and night.

PreviousChapters Next