• Published 20th Oct 2021
  • 4,511 Views, 696 Comments

Beyond Blind Eyes - Lunaric



Might not have sight anymore but there's always magic... It might take some time to learn it, though.

  • ...
10
 696
 4,511

PreviousChapters Next
Grasp

Something just touched his side. Solid looked and saw a white floating ball. Behind the ball, Aqua had her hoof at her mouth, trying her best to hold in a laugh.

"Ma'am, what are you doing?" Aqua burst out in laughter.

Hitting the floor with a hoof, she slowly regained what little composure she had. "S-sorry, Solid. Haha. Y-you gotta learn to relax, man. There's no official business nor some high-priority VIP you're guarding. I even poked you twice before you reacted! I'm just a blind child, I'm no one important." Aqua had put the ball back down beside another identical ball between her front hooves.

Solid cleared his throat, "Actually, ma'am, The Princess herself requested that you have some form of guard."

Her head snapped up towards Solid. "What!? Wait, why?"

"Ma'am, with all due respect, you are blind and young. I have never heard of a filly nor colt being blind."

"O-oh..." Aqua shrunk in on herself.

"I'm certain The Princess wishes to allow you a normal life despite your eyes. Speaking of, You are likely going to go to school within the week." Solid saw the filly's rapid breathing.

Aqua looked back to Solid and slowly nodded. Aqua pushed away from the balls near her. They rolled a few feet away. She then rested her head on her hooves. Aqua whispered to herself for a few seconds. Solid only caught the words 'again,' and 'school.' He didn't want to pry, but he did want to help. If only Sunny was here. She'd know what to say. Solid briefly scanned the room before the hope fell from his face.

After a minute of thinking, he replied, "You will still have an attendant, so there's no need to be nervous ma'am."

"Uh... t-thanks, Solid." Solid released a breath he didn't know he was holding. Aqua slowly brought herself into a sitting position and feebly reached around for the training balls. "H-hey, Solid... can y-"

Solid cut her off, "Yes ma'am." He walked over and nudged the balls back to her with his hoof. She twitched upon them touching her legs.

"Thanks, Solid." She concentrated, horn and one of the balls glowing her natural colour, white.

"Ma'am, if you don't mind me asking, why are you using balls that have magic resistance? You are just learning, so wouldn't it make more sense to use regular objects?"

"These are magic-resistant? I... I wasn't aware. Huh... That might explain why it was so difficult to grasp them..." Aqua turned toward solid, "Solid can you do me a solid and give me something not magic-resistant? Heh... solid." While the last part was quieter, he could hear it.

"Um. S-sure." Looking around, the closest thing was a wooden block. He brought it over to her and guided her hoof onto it before backing up. "Considering the fact that you've been working with an object with magic resistance, you might want to take it slow," he cautioned.

Aqua then started concentrating. Her horn lit up. One of the balls lit up. The ball twitched. Then the block started glowing alongside the ball. The ball twitched and started floating. The block twitched. Then the block rose slowly and shakily. It rose higher than the ball, twitching less than it had been. "M-ma'am? The block is getting mighty hi-" The block clunked against the ceiling.

Author's Note:

Sorry, it's a little late.

PreviousChapters Next