• Published 20th Oct 2021
  • 4,511 Views, 696 Comments

Beyond Blind Eyes - Lunaric



Might not have sight anymore but there's always magic... It might take some time to learn it, though.

  • ...
10
 696
 4,511

PreviousChapters Next
Almost a Weekend

Cotton was sitting down on a blanket in the main room of the orphanage. She was in the corner often taken up by Aqua. Aqua had yet to wake up today, so Cotton was merely relaxing and waiting. The letter had arrived last night after Aqua had fallen asleep in Cotton's lap. Looking down, she admired the stamp on the letter. Suprising that they got that letter out so soon. We had only been there yesterday, and yet here the letter is... Kind of funny that everything related to the little filly is directed by The Princess... Cotton's mouth drifted into a small frown. More sad than funny. I can't even imagine not having my parents to go back to, nevertheless not being able to see.

A shuffling nearby broke Cotton from her thoughts. As she looked up, she noticed a group of colts and fillies leaving with saddlebags. Off to school, I suppose. If everyone else is up, I should probably wake her up too. Cotton pondered before putting the letter back into her saddlebag. Cotton waited for the commotion of the children to quiet down. Eventually, she got up, put her bag on, and started walking into the hall on the right. Three doors on the right. Cotton knocked three times on Aqua's door.

"You awake yet, sleepyhead?" No response. Three more knocks. "It's already morning. Everypony else has left already." No response. "Alright, Aqua, I'm coming in!" Cotton opened the door slowly.

The orange morning light streamed through the window onto the floorboards. Cotton could see the dust slowly falling. She stopped in the doorway and watched the dust calmly come to a rest. A relaxed smile found its way onto Cotton's face. She watched the sun's rays dim and brighten as clouds rolled past outside. What a relaxing day. She closed the door behind her. The room was sparse of toys or anything a filly or colt would have, unlike the other rooms. Cotton liked it; it reminded her of a wood cabin in the middle of a sunny meadow. She felt her worries fade with only contentment to arise.

Cotton looked toward the bed and saw a lump on the bed. She saw the edges of the filly's hair coming out from under the blankets. Still asleep. Cotton looked back to the window and traced the sunbeams once more. Understandably. Thank you, Princess... Cotton slowly walked to Aqua's bed. She then giggled, noticing how the bedsheets were bundled up, in a pseudo nest near the corner with Aqua snug in the middle.

She quietly slid onto the bed, trying not to wake Aqua. Once on the bed, she shuffled closer to the filly. Cotton pulled in the bundle of blankets known as Aqua and gave it a loose hug. She then lightly petted the bundle. Finally the filly mumbled. Cotton giggled once more. Just like a cat. She leaned in and whispered to Aqua, "Morning, sleepyhead," only to receive another mumble. "It's time to wake up, Aqua. I know it's extremely comfy but you don't want to ruin your sleeping schedule."

Cotton waited for a reaction and when she got none, she simply poked the bundle. Aqua made a few more mumbles before poking her head out of the bundle and slurring, "I'm up... I'm..." She yawned. "I'm up."

"Good morning, Aqua. How did you sleep?"

Aqua had yet to open her eyes with a small smile on her face. She hummed before continuing, "Good. Better than..." Another yawn. "Usual."

"Good to..." Cotton yawned. "...hear." She giggled before continuing. "Now you've got me yawning, silly filly." Aqua merely giggled in response. Cotton looked up from the tired filly and back up to the sun coming in through the window. Thank you, Princess Celestia.

With a smile on her face, Cotton hugged Aqua closer.

Author's Note:

Finished my run of Elden Ring. Back on the grind.

Hope y'all enjoyed the calmer and relaxing chapters. I was writing most of them while sleepy and/or exhausted. It's nice.

PreviousChapters Next