• Published 20th Oct 2021
  • 4,511 Views, 696 Comments

Beyond Blind Eyes - Lunaric



Might not have sight anymore but there's always magic... It might take some time to learn it, though.

  • ...
10
 696
 4,511

PreviousChapters Next
Birdwatcher

Solid tensed his legs as he looked around the foyer. He spotted his charge sitting amongst the group of foals. Noting a small smile on Aqua's face, his mouth twitched upwards. In front of Aqua was a group of foals sitting in a circle. From the distance, it was hard to hear, but it looked like a foal's game of duck duck goose. Aqua didn't seem to be playing, merely sitting off to the side. The foals clearly tolerated her though, and she was laughing along with them, if a bit subdued.

Occasionally, one of the foals would go over to Aqua and sit next to her. A violet pegasus filly. He'd seen her a few times taking a peak at Aqua. Should keep an eye out. He would see them chatting while the others played. While it was normal behaviour for her, Aqua's emotions were calm next to the other filly's exuberance. The distance made it too hard to hear, but Solid could still tell that they were having fun. With it all, it's good she's able to smile. Very good.

Solid briefly eyed the filly's horn. Doesn't look like anything happened. Should mention it to Cotton though... Solid scanned the room lazily before his eyes landed on Aqua once more. Need to bring her for a manecut. She has the longest hair I've ever seen a foal have. Another thing for Cotton to do. Solid chuckled. Thankfully I don't have to do that... I hope. Watching a manecut is more boring than getting one.

He stood there in silence, as any good guard must.

Eventually, though, his thoughts drifted further as a dreamy smile arose. Those massive wings of hers... Solid looked around the foyer once more, only to be disappointed. She's usually here today... Wonder if she's okay. Solid shrugged his withers and snorted. She'd likely be fine dealing with even criminals. Looking out at the colts and fillies once more. She knows how to deal with foals... He then blushed and started to shift nervously. Gotta ask her sooner or later... Could do it on Pollen day if she's here.

He hummed to himself and absentmindedly looked back at Aqua. Should also send my parents a letter. I'd love to meet up with them again. Been nearly two... three years? By The Princess, I miss them. "Yeah, I think I'll see if I could meet up with them again." Solid whispered to himself.

To the right of him, he heard a syrupy mare's voice. "Meet up with who?"

Solid jumped away from the voice, tensed, and turned, only to see Sunny Disposition where he was. He put a hoof to his chest to calm his heart. "Hello, Ms. Sunny. You really scared me."

She giggled, "I believe they call it a prank?" she 'helpfully' added.

Still trying to calm himself down, he came back to his spot with a tinge on his cheek. "While I'm glad to see you, don't do that again. How did you even sneak up on me?"

She lightly brushed a wing against his side as she walked past him. Looking back at him, she teased, "A secret~. Perhaps you shall learn someday."

Solid sighed and smiled as he watched her walk off towards Aqua. I can't wait. He resolved himself. Tree day. I'll ask her out on Tree day.

Author's Note:

Trying a new way of writing, trying to find ways to enjoy the writing process. That's the hardest part of writing for me. Got a bit of a hectic schedule otherwise.
Have a good day/night and enjoy.

PreviousChapters Next