• Published 20th Oct 2021
  • 4,511 Views, 696 Comments

Beyond Blind Eyes - Lunaric



Might not have sight anymore but there's always magic... It might take some time to learn it, though.

  • ...
10
 696
 4,511

PreviousChapters Next
Last Little Leap

The mare let out a large sigh after the ponies disappeared through doors across the room from her. Finally alone, she slouched in her large chair. She leaned forward and covered her face with her gilded white hooves as her wings went limp at her sides.

Rubbing her face with her eyes closed, she sighed once more. Still moving her hooves, she thought about the time. Too late... Her hooves ceased their movement as she sighed once more. Putting her forehooves below her once more, she stood up from the chair. She walked to the exit.

Pushing the conference room doors open, she gracefully strolled through, soft clacking following her hoofsteps. She was reminded of an old thought. Better this than breaking the marble. She wanted to shrug. She didn't.

Taking a right, she closed the door behind her. Just as she did every day, she followed a path she had followed before. Sometimes, she wished she couldn't remember every time. But she could.

She walked. She practically flowed throughout the white halls. She wasn't in a hurry, though none could tell one way or the other. Too much practice... She wanted this all to be over with. But it wasn't.

She began to think back to what was said a few minutes ago. Reports of climbing- She squashed the thought. The mare wanted to shake her head. She didn't. The day was stressful. Like always, she was never done. Always one more thing to do...

The white mare continued through halls, passing intricate coloured windows. Normally, she paused here. Today, she wasn't feeling up to it. They would survive without her looking out for one day.

Another couple of turns later, she arrived at a scarcely-populated collection of standard marble hallways. She approached a pair of gold and orange doors, an unremarkable symbol of a sun placed in the centre of the two doors' pattern. Beside the door stood two large Solar Knights. The one with a horn was tall, but the one without was nearly half his size again in both height and weight.

The two saluted.

Both saluted at nearly the same time, but she could see the slight hesitance in Sturdy Pillar's movement. Compared to his partner, Solar Flare was the slightest bit faster. Sturdy Pillar is the junior of the two...

She nodded. The two opened a door each, though the unicorn barely struggled with the weight of the door. She walked inside as the two closed the doors behind her.

Finally, inside her quarters, she threw off her regalia and fell to the ground suddenly, all attempts to stand up ignored.

Now that she was alone, she found herself speaking her thoughts aloud, "I almost wish I hadn't outlawed sedatives of the mind..." She sighed. "I could use one right now." The mare sighed. She wished she had not finished today's paperwork so quickly. Nothing like paperwork to dull emotions. Have to wait for tomorrow.

The white mare lay limp for a second. A few seconds. A minute. A couple of minutes. Five minutes. Ten Minutes.

She tilted her head to the left, able to see the soon-to-be sunset's rays on the clouds despite her position on the floor. She shook her head.

Sluggishly standing up, she walked over to her balcony. The curtains were left open by her this morning. The temperature was never a problem due to the enchantments that permeated the room and the air inside.

The white mare looked up at her other half. The balefire in the sky was reaching out to her, requesting the mare to do her duty. She complied.

She stood tall and lit her horn. Her magic gripped the unbreakable metaphysical connection she had. Pouring in more mana than most would have collectively over their life, she felt her mind meld with The Sun.

Celestia Celestia tilted moved her behind horn clouds past past the the horizon. horizon.

Celestia Celestia severed the connection.

The mare quivered. She felt a euphoric heat flowing through her veins despite the exhaustion of her magical reserves. The Sun always loved the connection.

The mare sighed as the feeling ebbed away. She sighed. One more. Once more.

The mare stood straight once more. Closing her eyes, she began her search for the other celestial sister. She flinched as she found it. While it never once hurt her, The Moon clearly didn't appreciate her presence, nor her command. The mare's tongue tasted of poison, though she dared not lose her focus.

She offered up an incomplete connection, saturated with mana. The Moon had never completed the connection. The mare hoped it would, though never expected it to. The Moon barely reached out to hold it as it always has.

Celestia ... guided ... The ... Moon ... above ... the ... horizon. ...

Celestia ... severed the connection.

The mare heaved as she struggled to stand. She felt cold in a way she could no other. The Moon always hated the connection.

She opened her eyes, her sun replaced by another's moon.

"Soon, my dear sister... Soon..." She stared at the speckled face on the moon for a long while.

The mare eventually turned and closed the curtains leading to the balcony with her magic. She struggled to put one hoof in front of the other on her way to the large orange bed. It took her longer than normal to close the distance. When she did, she simply flopped onto the bed with no energy to be seen.

Despite her slowly-dissolving hold on her emotions, her tear ducts did nothing. She had cried more than a generation's worth of tears. Soon, Luna.

Celestia was a troubled pony.

Author's Note:

Another Celestia chapter.
As I wrote, I began to like what I was writing more and more.
The alternate universe tag seems a little more appropriate now. :)

I'm sorry, everyone. My time of rapid-firing these chapters is now at an end. I'll be going on hiatus tonight, as I won't have time to write. I don't know how long it will take for everything to clear up, but my guess is roughly a month. Maybe a little less, if I'm lucky.

I hope you all enjoyed this past half-month and have continued good times.

PreviousChapters Next