• Published 20th Oct 2021
  • 4,511 Views, 696 Comments

Beyond Blind Eyes - Lunaric



Might not have sight anymore but there's always magic... It might take some time to learn it, though.

  • ...
10
 696
 4,511

PreviousChapters Next
The Other Perspective

"Okay, I'm beginning the spell. If it gets uncomfortable, let me know."

Aqua heard a shuffling in front of her alongside the almost-silent hum of magic flowing through Raven's horn. Raven's hoof touched Aqua's shoulder. Aqua's back leg began to rhythmically move in nervousness. I really need to break that habit.

Aqua twitched as her shoulder suddenly felt cold. It's almost like a really, really cold shower. The chill seeped through her veins, spreading to her neck, her legs, and her chest. Wow. That is incredibly uncomfortable. But I can do it.

The cold spread, coating everything with artic water as it approached what felt like Aqua's heart.

And when it did, Aqua screamed as reality ceased.


"... Has to have been strengthening it while practising the two spells along with her using Telekinesis more than the average adult pony..."

Aqua was warm.

"So you're saying her mana pool is really small?"

Aqua felt feathers.

"Yes. It's concerningly small. Mine is below average, so I expected nothing to happen, but here we are."

Aqua heard a heartbeat.

"Yeah... At least we finally got this, though."

Sounds like Cotton's.

"What is that?"

Aqua's ears twitched.

"The doctor wanted me to collect a few of Aqua's tears. I know it sounds weird and scary, but look."

Aqua began to listen.

A gasp. "Why are they purple?"

Aqua opened her eyes.

"The doctor wasn't sure but, he said her tear ducts might have a lot of mana building up."

Aqua's chest twinged with pain. "Ouch."

Shuffling. "Oh! How are you feeling, Aqua? Are you okay?"

"Ye-yeah... Hurts a little..." Aqua felt the feathers around her move and likely give the others a better view, while still surrounding her.

Cotton reiterated, "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah... My heart just hurts a little... It's not much... Doesn't stop it from being annoying, though." Aqua hazarded a laugh.

"I'm really sorry, Aqua. I didn't think the spell would hurt you. My... my mana pool is small, so... Anyway. I'm really sorry." Raven, this time.

"It's fine, we gotta take risks to learn." The pain was lessening.

"I'm your mentor, it's my fault. I'll be more careful In the future. For now, though, you need to rest. Your chest is likely going to hurt for a while..." Shuffling. "Probably should stop this spell and practice other ones more first."

"It's magic, Raven. A little pain isn't gonna stop me."

"Hm... Fine. We can try another method next time we meet. Until then, rest."

"Won't hear me complaining... much..."

Shuffling and silence.

"I have to say I'm a little confused, though. Do you have much trouble casting the other spells repeatedly?"

"I mean, for the warmth spell, I haven't really cast it much, considering I just got it down... The other one, the light spell is easy, but it does drain me quickly..."

Shuffling. "Hm..."

"It's a little weird, though. My Telekinesis doesn't even feel draining anymore." Am I just efficient with it?

Shuffling. "That's... interesting... and very confusing. Definitely unique, though." Then Raven whispered to herself. "I should write to the counsellor and ask them what to do..." Aqua heard the scratching of a pencil.

Yay... more counsellors. Fun...

Author's Note:

Well, everyone, It's been a ride and a half. Good times and bad times but, we're still here. The story is now one year old as of today. One whole year. I'm surprised and happy with both myself for sticking with it and yall, for sticking with me. Thank you, Everyone.
I uploaded this at 7 pm today my time, and for some reason, the site believes I uploaded it tomorrow... Weird.

We now have one chapter from Aqua's perspective, not that much was revealed, sadly.

As always, I hope yall enjoy and have a good day, and thank you.

PreviousChapters Next