• Published 20th Oct 2021
  • 4,511 Views, 696 Comments

Beyond Blind Eyes - Lunaric



Might not have sight anymore but there's always magic... It might take some time to learn it, though.

  • ...
10
 696
 4,511

PreviousChapters Next
Warm Pond of Tears

Both Aqua and Cotton sat on Aqua's bed. For the majority of the morning and evening, they had been. Aqua jumped from activity to activity, coming back to spellcasting roughly every half hour. Aqua had accepted and adjusted to a practising schedule after a week of none. Aqua quickly became burnt out during that week and so, she had suggested a schedule to the filly.

Today was a small exception, however. Cotton noticed that Aqua had been feeling down since she woke up. Cotton had first suspected that the filly might have caught a cold, and it was only beginning. She was a unicorn in winter, after all.

Cotton stayed nearby to the filly if she needed it.

Aqua had been staring off into space with a frown for a while now. It wasn't unusual to see the filly space out. Fairly common, in fact. Happens a few times a day... Cotton turned away from the filly's expression. Cotton looked outside.

It was overcast today. The rain had layered the ground a few times with nothing more than a light sprinkle. But the rain kept coming back. May be a pegasus but, I'm no weather pony. Knack never developed. Cotton grew a melancholy smile. Mom and dad weren't happy to hear that at first... Still love 'em...

Suddenly, Cotton heard a sound she had not heard before from the filly.

Cotton looked back at Aqua.

Aqua was crying.

Cotton immediately snatched the filly into a tight hug. Cotton whispered into Aqua's white mane, "You okay?"

The filly didn't respond quickly. She gripped Cotton's barrel with a fierceness not seen before. After a few more seconds, Cotton repeated herself.

"I-..." the filly's voice faltered in-between sobs.

"It's okay. You're fine... Take your time."

"I-... I... I won't- I can't-..." Breathe in. "I-it's hard..."

Cotton lifted the filly off to let her explain, before realizing nothing else would come. She brought the filly back to her as the filly buried her muzzle into Cotton's fur once more. "Shhh. Shhh. It's okay. It's okay..."

The mare held the filly tightly to her chest but heard nothing other than quiet sobbing.

They stayed like that until the filly was asleep.

She slowly and quietly put the filly to bed.

Cotton looked up at the clouds as a tear escaped her eye.

Author's Note:

I am happy to announce the second total dislike on this story after this long. Thank you for reading, everyone.

Another chapter today... Also short. Was feeling... something.

PreviousChapters Next