• Published 28th Aug 2021
  • 390 Views, 1 Comments

Source of all Evils - Igris Crow



The oldest and most powerful demon that ever existed in the world returns from the legends of an age long forgotten, but now, the Demon King has made some changes in his plans...

  • ...
3
 1
 390

Chapter 8 : Ominous Breeze

Celestia felt exhausted due to all the recent events. Thanks to Demise’s spell she didn’t have to deal with planning the cleaning of the entire city. The bloody scene was still fresh in her mind.

She shook her head before looking back at the document she held with her magic. All the information concerning the recent invasion was compiled in this one document. Casualties, collateral damage, events and activities canceled or reported at a later date, etc.

Although the ancient demon’s way of things wasn’t to her liking, actually scratch that, she hated how the demon dealt with the ordeal. Equestria hasn’t seen a single drop of blood on its soil for over a thousand years, and she really believed it would stay this way for the rest of its time on Equus.

She could understand why the entity would go to such extreme measures, at least she assumed she understood. Such an ancient being whose entire species was centered around blood and war. She saw first hoof after all, how the fallen armies of demons rose against the changelings.

The memory was like a nightmare, yet she couldn’t help but be at awe at such display of power. Necromancy, Elemental Manipulation, Transformation. All simple areas of magic, with Necromancy being banned for millennia, yet the Demon King showed overwhelming mastery in but a single day. Manipulating the weather, the entire atmosphere changed, raising an army of millions from beneath the earth as well as completely transforming oneself into an amorphous form like mist.

The event itself was like a fairytale of old, where Arcane Masters wielded the very fabric of reality, much like an old foe of hers who remained sealed in a prison of stone.

She sighed, there was no reason to think of the past, much less now since she has to deal with the aftermath of the event. Thankfully, there were no casualties aside from the opposite force, who was completely annihilated with only a few hundred survivors from the thousands that invaded the city.

There was a knock on her door.

“’Tis I, Sister.” A powerful voice said from the other side of the door. She smiled, maybe it wasn’t so bad now that she had her sister back.

“Come in.” She said warmly, unable to stop the smile from forming on her face once she saw the azure alicorn enter.

“Luna! It’s good to see you.” She said as she calmly walked towards her sister before hugging the small alicorn.

“The dialect of this current age still bewilders me.” The lunar princess answered while hugging back.

“You will have to get used to it, now, what can I do to help you?” The solar princess asked.

“The fiend, surely thou sees the danger it poses? I cannot bear to live under the same abode as that sister.” The lunar Princess said as she glared at the shadowy silhouette of the Demon King turned pony on the balcony of the other tower.

“I understand, but I also cannot allow him to leave the castle, who knows what may happen to whoever tries to provoke him.” Celestia said with a tinge of fear in her voice, which didn’t go unnoticed by Luna.

“Is it truly a power that requires such fear and caution?” Luna asked, which was answered by an exhausted nod.

Indeed, although they made a deal that the Demon would reside in the castle until something happens that may change their mind, she still felt uneasy around the dangerous entity. It wasn’t everyday that she let a being who exudes this much pressure by just existing near where she sleeps. Actually now that she thought about it, the deal was done quite hastily, and there’s no reason for either party to even follow the deal itself.

The confused expression on the solar princess was soon noticed by the lunar princess.

“What troubles you sister?” Luna asked as she stared worryingly at her sister.

“It’s nothing, I just thought it was odd that we accepted a being like him so fast and so easily.” Celestia said. Luna’s eyes widened as she too, realized the odd occurrence.

“Thou speaks the truth sister, never before have I let my guard down with outsiders, much less a demonkin of all things. Mayhaps a spell of some sort?”

“It’s possible, even now as I look at his form, I cannot feel a single amount of danger. At least towards me or the ponies. Strange, yet when his gaze turns towards me, I cannot help but feel under the pressure of a predator, even if death never comes.” Celestia answered, intrigued by the bizarre situation.

Now that she thought about it, it was definitely thoughtless of her. Back at her old castle, her mind was clouded with worry over the unconscious form of her sister, even when the being clearly exuded this much bloodlust, she still struck up a conversation with the being.

“In any case, we cannot simply leave him unchecked, much less wander aimlessly in the world. The power he displayed showed that he has enough power to overthrow every nation on Equus, I might even say he’s on par with Discord, if not more powerful.” Celestia said as she returned to her desk.

“Truly? What of the Elements of Harmony?” Luna asked as she started getting more worried of their ability to contain Demise, which she now realized was nonexistent since the beginning.

“The six mares that were present at the old castle all have the potential to wield them, yet the situation was resolved too quickly and thus they didn’t have the time to awaken. They all currently reside in Ponyville, and from the letters I received during the weeks before the invasion, they all seem to be getting along well.” Celestia explained as she tidied her desk, leaving the paperwork for a later date.

“Hm, ‘tis truly a shame then. I shall return to my chambers for my duties will soon begin.” Luna said. Celestia looked at her personal clock and it was indeed time for her to lower the sun.

“Well then, I’ll go and lower the sun, goodnight sister.”

“Rest well Tia.” Luna replied while smiling, which also put a smile on the sun princess.


“So they finally noticed the little parasite I implanted…” Demise said as he watched from the balcony of his room. It was quite the cozy room too, not that he needed it anyways.

The Resurrected demon took a glance at the retreating blue alicorn, before laying his eyes on the sun princess who was readying herself to sleep.

‘Cursed goddess, forever doomed to face me.’ The demon thought before turning into his phantom form. A humongous mass of dark clouds forming above the city of Canterlot.

He gazed at the city bathing in moonlight. Bat ponies patrolling the streets, and house lights turning off one by one.

‘Peace…’ The demon turned mist mused before the mass of darkness slowly expanded outwards, making sure not to block the moonlight.

He stretched his misty body to the four corners of the world, countless eyes forming in the clouds invisible to the mortals below. Unaware that the abyss was watching them from above.

The Demon King searched for something, or someone. His call only reached a few kilometers around Canterlot during the changelings invasion, yet somehow it was enough to resurrect millions of dark spirits. The sun princess may not be as innocent as he thought. But his call only reached so far, and it didn’t reach the one thing he wanted to call for.

‘Where are you, Ghirahim…’ For that was the one he searched with his countless eyes. His sword. He could still feel him in this world, they were linked down to their souls after all, yet he could not find him. All he found were remnants.

Up north he found traces of a demon of shadows. East he could see the volcanos and hear the roars of a fire demon. West he could hear the wailing of a Storm, possibly a demon of the skies. And south he could feel the rumbling of a sleeping desert worm.

So many demonic entities sealed or deep in slumber, but no traces of his sword.

The clouds returned, reforming back on the balcony of the demon’s bedroom. And there stood once again the demon king in the form of an equine.

‘For now, let’s simply wait…’

Author's Note:

Yep, still alive.

I came back on this site after remembering I wrote something in the first place. Read my old stories and unpublished chapter (including this one) and decided to at least publish this.

As for the rest? Welp, no idea, I might just disappear again for some time…

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment