• Published 28th Aug 2021
  • 389 Views, 1 Comments

Source of all Evils - Igris Crow



The oldest and most powerful demon that ever existed in the world returns from the legends of an age long forgotten, but now, the Demon King has made some changes in his plans...

  • ...
3
 1
 389

Chapter 4 : A Demon King’s Authority

The trip towards the town named ‘Ponyville’ was slow, but it didn’t matter. Quite the odd name but considering the current dominant species in this world, or at least this region, it’s no surprise.

The most intriguing part is this little purple unicorn I’ve come to know is named ‘Twilight Sparkle’. This one, while obviously still afraid and tired, did not fall under his Authority, a Demon King’s Authority. A simple spell really that submits all those weak enough to him, but it seems to work differently with ponies as they simply fall unconscious. Except this unicorn did not fall, she has the courage to stand against a Demon King, quite intriguing and amusing.

Although the trip was silent and slow, this allows me to be accustomed to this new body. I’m not unfamiliar with quadrupedal bodies, but never did I ever try one that resembles a horse. It’s also a good way to try and see what I can do with the little powers I gained through Soul Drain. I admit that the two demons were powerful, but not enough for me to regain all my powers. The most effective way to regain all my powers would be to absorb a God’s soul as they are incredibly powerful, as expected of those with that hateful title.

“U-um…” Ah, it seems that the small unicorn has grown tired of the silence, if only she knew that we are being observed right now.

“Speak.” I ordered. I do know that this approach may seem tyrannical but we won’t go anywhere if I don’t do it, mortals are usually impossibly annoying when it comes to conversations.

“W-what are you?” The unicorn asked. Simple enough.

“I’m a Demon, child.” I answered. The mortal seemed shocked and suddenly stopped in her tracks. Then, she suddenly turned around and faced me, her horn glowing with magical energy. ‘Adorable’.

“Y-you! You’re a Demon?! How is that possible?!” The unicorn shouted, her horn glowing brighter and brighter.

“Child, Demons always existed in the world. Do you not feel the energy surrounding us?” I asked, stopping her from whatever she was going to do with her small horn. She then looked around, staring at the darkness of the forest around us. Green eyes flared from the shadows and growls could be heard.

“Y-you tricked me!” The small pony shouted while backing away from me. She came to a stop as she met with the trunk of a dark tree. I slowly approached her, still holding her comrades and her ruler in my magical grasp.

“S-stay back!” She yelled in desperation, her horn glowing before a beam came from it. The magical beam itself was weak, incredibly so, leaving no marks on my body, further shocking the small unicorn.

“I-impossible…” she muttered. The demons hiding in the shadows seemed eager to jump at us. The fools, they don’t seem to know their places in front of their King.

“Child, if I wanted to get rid of you, your existence would’ve ceased the moment we met.” I said, turning around before hitting the ground.

“COME OUT AND SUBMIT BEFORE YOUR KING!” I shouted, using the Demon King’s Authority and making sure it doesn’t hit the mortals behind me.

It took some time but soon enough, wooden wolves came out of the shadows of the forest. One by one, they all kneeled before me.

“Warn your kin that your King has returned and do not leave this forest, if I see you outside or harm any of these mortals, you can expect a fate worse than death.” I said before sending them away. I turned back again, facing the terrified unicorn.

“Stand.” I ordered. The unicorn seemed confused.

“W-wha-” “We do not have time for pleasantries, do you not wish to see your comrades recover?” I said. The small unicorn seemed to contemplate before weakly standing up. She stared at me for sometime before turning around, reluctantly walking forward in silence.

This mortal is amusing in the way she acts, her mind must be quite the mess after this. She undoubtedly is confused as to why a Demon is helping her, much less one that has the power to submit these wooden wolves, which are, from what I saw, quite a threat to her. Disappointing but amusing nonetheless.

‘But she is quite foolish to show her back to me, even after knowing my origins. Perhaps she is a fool by nature? Intriguing.’ He thought, before smiling as a wicked thought came to his mind.


‘W-what was that! What is he? He’s a Demon! So why is he helping us?

No, he must have ulterior motives. He might stab us in the back if we don’t do something about him! But what can I do? My spell didn’t work, and it was supposed to be a lethal spell! It must be those black scales-. Wait… black scales?

Twilight looked back at the giant Demon disguised as a pony, and he was indeed covered in black, nearly shiny, scales. Seeing this, she shook in fear as she thought of the worst possibilities. Indeed, she suspected this Demon to be the Demon King Demise himself, but it couldn’t be possible since all that was written of him were myths and legends. Then again, Nightmare Moon was a myth too until not long ago.

She tried with everything she had to deny this, but the facts remained. He suddenly appeared in the Castle of the Two Sisters, which is located inside the Everfree Forest, a forest he, from the legends, cursed. His form is that of a giant earth pony yet it is covered with black scales, characteristic of the Demon King. The powers he showed were unimaginable to her, who excels at the arcane art… and to top it all, he declared himself to be the King of the Timberwolves, who were apparently Demons all along…

‘If he really is the Demon King I read about… then we’re all doomed…’

Twilight then simply continued forward mindlessly, mind blank in despair as she drowned in dark thought, forgetting that the cause of her current state was right behind her, smirking as he felt the darkness grow within her soul.

‘She’s quite resilient, but a mortal is still a mortal.’ The fiend thought as he toyed with the poor little mare’s mind. But it didn’t continue long as soon enough, they reached the edge of the forest.

There, he stopped toying with the mind of the little mare who suddenly had her eyes brighten up when the dark magic influence dissipated. The mare simply looked confused before she looked at him suspiciously, the fire of courage burning in her eyes once again.

The Demon King simply stared at the clear sky, the sun showering the world with its rays. To him, the air felt different, maybe even alien. He knew the reason soon enough, the atmosphere did not have the scent of blood. It made him feel nostalgic as each time he returned to the world, the air would be similar in a way that it lacked the scent of blood.

He smiled, for now the air would stay this way as he had no intention to wreak havoc… for now. At least, he might be able to taste the unknown and seemingly unpleasant flavor of peace for once in his eternal life.

He lowered his gaze and he could see a small town in front of him.

“Is this the small town named Ponyville?” He asked the cautious mare who simply stayed silent as she glared at him. He smirked, amused that the mare would defy him. But before she could say anything, he marched forward, passing right by her.

“No matter, if there is a town, there is shelter and these mortals desperately need one.” He stated while continuing towards the small town.

Twilight panicked as she thought of the worst scenario possible, it being the Demon suddenly destroying the town that was filled with innocent ponies. She gathered her courage and charged up another spell, this one much more powerful than the one she used before. But before she could finish it, the Demon King spoke.

“Stop your foolishness. Your magic is useless against me, it would do more damage to your comrades than to me.” He said as he levitated the two alicorns as well as the 5 other mares that followed her behind him, right in the trajectory of her spell. She widened her eyes and suddenly stopped her spell before glaring at the Demon.

“You monster…” She murmured, but it didn’t escape Demise’s ears.

“If you have enough energy to curse me, then lead me to a place to lay these mortals.” He said, turning his head to the right to look at the purple unicorn. Twilight, after some time, reluctantly walked forward, passing the Demon in the body of a giant pony.

The walk was silent, but one could feel the tension. Twilight made sure to put some distance between them but she still looked behind her from time to time, further amusing the Demon King who couldn’t get enough of the unicorn’s actions towards him.

As they walked, he suddenly remembered his sword, Ghirahim. The only demonic spirit worthy enough to stand beside him, as well as be his very own personal weapon. He wondered what happened to him as it must’ve been an incredibly long time since he was sealed away. Knowing the demon spirit, he probably tried to free him but with the lack of Gods, he probably couldn’t and went into seclusion. Quite a troublesome servant but he could do without him for now.

They finally arrived inside the town, yet it was eerily silent even in daylight. The only sounds they could hear were their own hoofsteps. Then, as they walked right past the town hall, a pony suddenly came bursting through its doors, running straight towards them. It was Mayor Mare. She stopped right in front of Twilight.

“Thank goodness Twilight! The sun is out so you must’ve succeeded! So? Where’s the Princess?” She asked in rapid succession all the while panting before looking around Twilight. Then, she saw not far behind the purple unicorn, a tall and muscular pony that seemed to be covered in scales. And right behind him, she saw 7 unconscious mares levitating.

She ran towards the giant pony, who only stared in silence as the mare inspected the unconscious ponies. A sigh of relief escaped her mouth before she walked right in front of him.

Mayor Mare didn’t expect the pony to be this tall, she nearly had to look straight up just to look at the pony’s face. But once she did so, her face paled as she stared at the burning eyes of the giant… being.

“U-um, did you perhaps help rescuing the Princess?” The small mare asked, using all the energy she had to not falter in front of the intimidating entity.

“Indeed, do you have a place where I could lay these… ponies?” He said, nearly referring to the unconscious ponies as mortals. Mayor Mare, hearing this, breathed a sigh of relief once again now that she knew that the giant and undoubtedly powerful pony-like being helped in the rescue of their ruler.

“Y-yes, of course! Follow me!” She said while hurriedly walking towards the town hall. Twilight simply stared at them before following right behind the Demon, keeping a close eye to the suspicious being who acted too nicely for a Demon. She couldn’t do anything to him, but she could still gain time for the others to flee and prepare in case he ever did anything.

She may be paranoid, but he was a Demon, and it couldn’t possibly be a lie considering the energy he gave off as well as how he acted in front of the Timberwolves. All she has to do is wait for him to slip up and he’s done for… well, somewhat.

Meanwhile, the Demon King simply followed close behind Mayor Mare, smiling again as he felt the purple unicorn’s glare towards him. Even after all she saw, she was still defying him, something that amused him to no end. If her comrades were the same, he couldn’t wait for them to wake up so he could battle once again.

‘Soon… soon….’

Author's Note:

Another new chapter. As you may have noticed, I added some completely made up abilities for Demise (Demon King’s Authority, slight mind control.). Expect more in the coming chapters as I’ll make Demise increasingly more powerful than he’s canonically shown to be.

Then again, they said in the game (SPOILER, kinda) that he was powerful enough to destroy the world and it’s vague enough for me to pile broken powers after broken powers. If you hate that then sue me because I love OP characters way too much x).

Also, I just realized that I take more time to think of what to write than editing, my bad. The writing itself may look weird since english is not my main language, and yes I just noticed it recently after reading other stories and how they were written.

Anyways, hope you liked the chapter, see ya later :twilightsmile: