• Published 15th Jun 2021
  • 235 Views, 0 Comments

Hubris and Rainbows (Rewritten) - ArcaneGears

  • ...
 0
 235

Epilogue

A shower and a call to Everfeild’s only pizzeria was exactly what Arcane needed. That, and a stupid horror movie which begged to be mocked by her and her two guests. Sunset and Twilight shed their sweaters and cuddled close to one another, drowsily focusing on a rubber masked pumpkin-stallion chasing a blonde actress through a cornfield. Twilight rested her head in Sunset’s lap, her second beer dangling from two fingers. Sunset was already polishing off her seventh.

Arcane lounged on the opposite end of the couch with her hooves up on Grandad’s old sturdy coffee table, giving the two lovebirds plenty of room. She swigged on her bottle of ‘Apple Family’s Hard Cider’ and simply enjoyed the silence that fell between the three. Her interaction with the couple was limited to parties thrown by their mutual friend, yet the two passed ‘the introvert’s potential friend test’. Good conversation early in the night, a comfortable silence shared later on.

Still, Arcane’s curiosity made her break that silence. She continued to watch a character run up an old staircase and appear in the closet downstairs, repeating the sequence.

“Okay, so you didn’t notice the giant chaos beam that shot out of my roof?”

Twilight let out a long yawn leaving a hint of drool on Sunset’s lap. Sunset didn’t seem at all bothered, or she was just too buzzed to care.

“Nope… we were out like a light. We had just come back from Cadence’s place. Someone was trying to resurrect Sombra… again.”

Sunset let out a small burp before she spoke.

“Is there really anything left of that douchebag’s soul?”

Arcane looked sidelong at the offender and only smirked, So this is princesses when the cameras are off, huh?

“So you just came to my place because you were going to ask me a favor. Not sure I could do what Celestia or your many allies couldn’t do.”

“Me and Twi want to have a baby, or two babies.”

Arcane chose a terrible moment to take a drink. She spit up her cider so quickly it shot out of her nose. With a cough and a sputter she lurched forward. She wiped off her face even as her now wide open eyes were suddenly very sober.

“Woah, woah,” Sunset began with a reassuring palm up, signing Arcane to settle down.

“We are not asking you to be a surrogate dad. We just need some help with a little alchemy. We already went to Zecora for a potion to become duo-gender, but surprise surprise, it doesn’t exist. So, we are going to invent it.”

Arcane let out a soft laugh. She would have been upset only hours ago. Being an alchemical bloodhound for Alicorns. How demeaning.

“Let me guess, you want me to use my eyes so we can easily determine magical properties in plants, thus making your research go faster?”

Sunset leaned over and stuck out her mostly empty bottle towards Arcane. She stared at the gesture for two seconds and signed. Arcane extended her arm, clinking bottles in a toast.

“To sexy Alicorns and cute daughters.”

The End

——-/////——

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment