• Published 14th Apr 2021
  • 169 Views, 4 Comments

My lying pages. (Anthology Speed-writing!) - PacifistDoodl3r

  • ...
 4
 169

13 The CMC Recruitment Committee | April 28. 2023 |

“Oh, be quiet, Scootaloo– this is still a terrible idea! What if we get caught? Or– Apple Bloom stops us all of a sudden because her sister would be disappointed?” Sweetie Belle peeked her head over the bushes, catching the sudden turning on of lights at the house.

“Do ya’ reckon they know we're here? Ah’ll of this bickerin’ and we haven't made our way onto the property.” Apple Bloom crawled across the grass with muddy hooves, slowly meeting up with the two.

Sweetie Belle sighed, facing the farm pony, “Scoots here insists we split up and… actually, you can explain it to her since you're so wise.”

“Alright, I will. You see, Apple Bloom…” Scootaloo grabbed a stick, then proceeded to draw a poorly made illustration of the house. “Here's us, these X’s. If the three of us split up with somepony at the door and two at these back windows, we would have a diversion with enough time to break in.” She made an arrow pointing at the door and two others trailing off into each respective window.

“How many live here with him?” Apple Bloom questioned, motioning a hoof at the place.

“What?”

“Scoots, we'll outta’ have company besides him living here.” She answered, grabbing Scootaloo’s stick and sketching two other X’s. “Let's assume he has a momma and papa. In class, he mentioned havin’ an older brother.” Another X. “That's four ponies living here. How are we gonna avoid them to talk to one?”

“With these disguises, Apple bum.” Scootaloo revealed a sleek dark purple backpack which contained three stealth outfits inside.

“Don't ya’ call me a bum! I'll break your scooter, Scootalo– …where did Sweetie go?” She looked behind her and around the visible area, finally looking between the leaves in the bush.

“Over there, look.” Scootaloo whispered, as she cautiously pointed a wing at Sweetie Belle, already in the backyard, hidden underneath a sun table.

Sweetie Belle noticed their shocked faces, waving a hoof to follow her lead. Like a glass frog, things were thankfully hard to see this dark out, only being visible due to rare instances of escaped light raining from a pale moon. Although dark, the town centre building was west. Consequently, a great landmark to pinpoint their current location… in this backyard. Apple Bloom rolled, a flawless act of epicness that came and went. Scootaloo attempted the move but flopped on her side from the added weight of her backpack, out in the open for an uncomfortable amount of time.

“Hurry, they're going to see you!” Sweetie Belle loudly whispered, alluding to the glowing window with a potential watcher.

The cobblestone steps felt rough and rigid. Scootaloo was about to question how Apple Bloom managed to deal with the hard surface but her mind shifted to the overwhelming threat of a torch light.

“Who goes there!?” A voice demanded without warning. His silhouette enlarged ever so slightly, gliding a black figure over short blades of grass.

They covered forelegs over their heads, getting as close to the ground as possible. Eyes were shut tight, only hoping for a racing heart to be forgiving. After a few moments of tense waiting, the light hit their table. It was fixed there.

Although the patio had a net that trapped it, nothing restricted the visibility of their hiding spot. And yet– the three of them took a deep breath once the sound of a closing door flicked their ears.

Sweetie Belle was the first to regain her senses, poking her head out from the table. “Oh, hey, mr. owl.” She waved to an owl perched on a tree branch.

“Who?” Scootaloo joined.

“Yes. An owl, over there!” Sweetie Belle was a little further out of the hiding place, smiling at the bird.

“Would y'all stop being side tracked? They will hear or spot us– or both!” Apple Bloom crawled out, now wearing one of the black stealth suits. “That is a cute critter.”

See? Maybe this is a sign.” Sweetie Belle turned around to face the muddy Earth pony. She covered her muzzle. “And you should take this as a sign to shower after this.”

“Be quiet, at least ‘ah don't still sing in the shower.” She huffed, refusing to make eye contact.

“I sing beautifully. Every bird thinks so!”

“Nyeeope. Every bird flies away. ‘Ah could sense it from the farm.”

“Miss no parents, critiquing my singing.”

“At least they told me goodbye… when ‘ah was a newborn… your sister is also your mom! Congrats on the new addition to the family, by the way.”

“She's a pretty bad mom but at least she won't make it onto a missing poster. Can you buck trees like your sister yet? Maybe that would help grow back your lost brain cells!”

“Mah brain cells were lost those few years ago when ‘ah got this cutie mark identical to yours!”

“My bad, I assumed your intelligence left along with Granny Smith passing–”

Don't mention her!” Apple Bloom stopped whispering, furrowing her eyebrows at Sweetie Belle who shrunk in her place.

Get off of my property!” The stallion shouted, shining a light on the two.

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom looked at one another, realizing how badly they messed up this plan. The two began to leave the way they came, squinting jealous eyes at Scootaloo who laid still on the roof.

Moments of silence passed. They were nowhere to be seen, leaving the pegasus up there. Scootaloo noticed the opened bag she left behind. It still waited underneath the table. Too late now, seeing how she was in a peculiar predicament.

“I guess… it's just me.” She quietly spoke to herself, the crunch of the soft straw on the roof, illuminated by the blackness which followed the sky's presence remained unbroken by flittering orange wings.

She aimed them at the chimney, causing dark grey smoke to swirl near her. Coughing was guaranteed, but she turned away as the smoke clumped together in a cloud. Scootaloo grabbed the newly formed cloud, watching how puffy fluff ever so gently drifted peacefully, placing it at the edge of the roof. She tested her hooves on it, weighing down the platform. Her shadow passed by some windows, stopping once a peculiar looking photo had been spotted. It was of the colt taking a picture with Princess Celestia, both smiling with party decorations around them.

“Must be his room. Is this really worth…” She trailed off, shaking her head to extinguish such thoughts. Suddenly, everything began to rise in front of her, gravity began to pull down a confused Scootaloo. “Uh ohh- oh, jingles!” Without a second thought, she pulled the window up and rolled into a pitch ailing bedroom which smelt of sweat. Not just sweat, but a burning wet aroma of mold too. “This room is- what- ew.” She covered her nose with a hoof, scrambling for the light switch.

The door opened as a colt dressed in fencing gear made his way to a weak Scootaloo attempting to get up. “Intruder.” He bluntly said with an undiscerning tone. “State your reasoning for torment!” He swung the épée in an intimidating way.

“W-wel… welcome to th- *cough* C.MC. I am par- *cough* of the welcome committee.” With a final ounce of strength, Scootaloo looked him in the eyes through the helmet veil. “Congrats on- *guahhch* getting your cutie mar– *cough* clean your bedroom.” And then she collapsed.

Author's Note:

Another fic I wrote last year but finalized this year. The prompt was Fencing, which, to be honest, I sort of tied that in last minute with this one.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment