• Published 14th Apr 2021
  • 169 Views, 4 Comments

My lying pages. (Anthology Speed-writing!) - PacifistDoodl3r

  • ...
 4
 169

11 She lives | March 2. 2023 |

Maretime Bay felt sad, coated in darkness as the rain poured heavily all the while an ocean rages harshly. The sky continued to cry as cracks up above streaked through with blight for a split second, angrily roaring through a changed Equestria. It was a beacon of light, a force of friendship's raw power… their lighthouse. Beads of raindrops pittered, refusing to stop splashing water in every direction on top of a drenched roof. The place was barely lit, harboring a huge feeling of coziness and comfort with little visibility to it. On the top floor, groaning with boredom, Sunny Star Scout moped.

She buried her head in a pillow, lazily spreading her forelegs and tail across the cluttered ground. Then, suddenly, her phone buzzed. It gave small bounces in short bursts before Sunny stretched out a hoof to grab it.

Sunny pressed her phone up against an ear, sighing once the caller’s photo appeared. “For the last time, Izzy, I am not helping with Spout’s birthday decorations. He's always conspiring against us!”

“It's not that! But— please consider joining us when it comes to it? He's one of us, too! But no… it's about Zipp again. She has been missing for a few days and I'm beyond worried!” Izzy audibly let out a gasp, quieting her tone. “Pipp is getting so anxious and paranoid over here. She's live streaming herself printing missing posters! I thought you were on this!?”

“I am on this. It's just— I think Zipp is okay. You'd think the crystal would've tipped us off if she got into danger, wouldn't you?”

“I… don't know? Can you please help us scout some more!? We need her, Sunny!” Izzy sniffed, coughing and let out a whimper. “Pipp and I haven't slept in two days. Please!”

“I must help watch over Maretime Bay, Izz. Hitch can't manage by himself, you know that!” Sunny sat up, scooching over to the foot of her bed. “We'll find her, everything will be alright. After this, the four of us can go to the salon and get matching mane styles or something. How does that sound?”

“Promise?”

“Yes! We will find Zipp soon, I just know it. It'll be like she never disappeared.” Sunny yawned, “I'm gonna sleep, you two should too.”

“Hmm, I don't think we're going to until we find her. See you tomorrow!” Izzy exclaimed as the phone screen turned black.

Sunny reached for her backpack, stuffing many items and gear inside of it. The moon illuminated her room, coating her dark silhouette in pitchness now that her friends refused to take care of themselves.

When morning came, so did the mourning. Pipp’s mascara was ruined as Izzy gave her tissues that grew damper by the minutes. They walked into Maretime Bay, ignoring stares from Earth ponies who helped glued missing posters to walls. Some even used duct tape that Hitch supplied. Everything was brighter than the day before, although, the remnants and signs of rain left its smell and fog.

“We'll find her, Pipp, I just know it! It'll be like she never left!” Izzy gave Pipp a pat on the back, reassuring the distraught pegasus.

“That's exactly what Sunny told you! This is my sister, she wouldn't just leave like this! Hoof to heart…” Pipp looked at the lighthouse, then frowned again. “She was looking into some weird sciencey type of stuff— does that mean anything?”

“Maybe, maybe, we'll talk to Sunny about what we'll do next. Does that sound okay?”

“If that means my sister will come back, I'm fine with anything.”

Izzy hugged Pipp, “Yes! Don't worry, soon enough we'll be enjoying a matching hair style together! I never heard of such a thing in Bridlewood.”

“Did Sunny tell you that too?”

“Ah ha ha, yes…” Izzy chuckled as Pipp held back a laugh.

“Talking Izz! I'm going to call you Talking Izz from now on.” Pipp shook her head, smiling.

“What? I don't understand what that means!”

“Okay, there's this mobile game where you take care of a bunny and feed him but if you talk into the microphone of your phone, he'll repeat whatever you say.” She replied, managing to let out a laugh.

Izzy laughed too, as the two came to the lighthouse. Izzy cheerily knocked a few times on the door, beating a hoof against it. No answer. What else to do but to attempt this again? The unicorn did just that, she knocked louder.

“Can you use your magic to unlock the door? Maybe Sunny is asleep? Oh, wait! Hold on!” Pipp ruffled her wings, getting them ready to fly. Moments later, she flew to the balcony. “Sunny? Hello? It's me and Izzy, we're back!”

Pipp jumped once she saw the cluttered room with a huge whiteboard in the middle, being startled by the messiness of it all. It had a map with magnets to hold onto the board. Equestria had a few possible locations circled in purple marker while a noticeably larger circle was marked in red. This area seemed familiar…

Daylight shined apathetically on Sunny. Sounds of scorching heat and burning plants were ignored. She found Zipp. Below the formation of the huge flat rock, a house was built with many devices and gadgets about the place. Something sawed like a roaring beast within, sparking lights through small slits that acted as ventilation.

“Zipp! Zipp, is that you!?” Sunny yelled, galloping towards the rock formation and house. “You've been gone for days! We were all looking for y—”

“I DID IT!” A triumphant scream was heard from inside the mostly metal home. “After many nights and hiccups, Sunny, ohh I made a thing!”

“What? What thing?” Sunny cautiously asked, slowly approaching Zipp’s little place. “How did you even build a house here?”

“T-that isn't important, friend! I've created life! LIFE! After many, many, many attempted and this my last one. The last one!”

“What are you even talking about!? Zipp, come out here! It smells so bad and I can tell there's no shower in there.” Sunny furrowed her brows, now annoyed by… this! “You're getting everypony worried over some kind of project. Could've told us!”

The door opened ajar, clinking against the inner wall by a chain lock. Zipp was covered in blood and wore a facial mask. Something scurried inside of Zipp’s magenta and aqua hair. It couldn't make it more messy and wild than it already was. Zipp gave Sunny an unreadable look with a wild look in her eyes.

“I did it.”

Sunny coughed, placing a hoof over her nose as the smell of something foul washed over her. “Did… what!?”

“You may want to step back. She needs space to breathe!” Zipp slammed the door.

Sunny paced backwards, almost tripping on gadgets and gizmos. “Is this good?” She asked to no response.

Metal crushed and slid over the wall of Zipp’s poorly constructed home, whirring gears and straining wires against the mechanisms. Sunny dropped her expression, slowly twisting her face into a horrified silent shriek.

A fleshy back leg that was stapled together with scuffs of blue fur and random strips of exposed flesh stepped forward on a newly made platform. Front metal legs weighted the rest of its body downwards, causing it to shamble in Sunny's direction.

“ZIPP, WHAT IS THAT!” Sunny gagged, and started to breathe heavily as the creation began to lose strands of rainbow hair.

“Found the graves of the mane six! This… this was the only one who had any sparks of life left!”

“Get rid of it! An abomination! You made an abomination!” Sunny fell on her haunch, scooting away from the unsightly creature.

“Pretty cool, huh? I created life! SHE LIVES!” Zipp cackled, grinning at her… daughter?

A rotting maw opened and closed, being assisted by rusty metal clamps. The creation started to fall apart and jitter lively just as dust kicked up over the horizon.