• ...
5
 13
 561

Encountering the Black Beetle: Part 2

Author's Note:

Disclaimer! I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, the Super Friends, or the Foal Titans they belong to their respective owners.

Anyways on with the chapter!

When Mare-Do-Well, Filly-Be-Good, Super Mare, Super Filly, Power Filly, Martian Pony Hunter, Canary and Blue Beetle arrive on the scene there was no pony around and there was quite a bit of damage done to the area.

"What happened here?" Asks Canary, looking at the destruction.

"I'm not sure, but keep an eye out." Mare-Do-Well says, looking around for any sign of Dash or Kid Dash.

"Look! Over there!" Filly-Be-Good says, point over to the left.

The members of the Super Friends and Foal Titans look where she's pointing and sure enough they see Dash and Kid Dash pinned to a wall by two wall staples.

Dash! Kid Dash!" Canary shouts as she and Super Mare rush over to them. Upon closer inspection they were unconscious.

Super Mare tried to pry the wall staples off them, but to her surprise they weren't budging.

"Super Filly, Power Filly. Help me get these off Dash and Kid Dash." Says Super Mare says.

The two Fillies nod their heads and assist their partner.

"Who would be powerful enough to defeat both Dash and Kid Dash at the same time?" Asks Martian Pony Hunter, looking very worried and not without reason. The Speedsters were some of the strongest heroes for a reason. They could go through solid matter, generate wind, they could even time travel if they went fast enough.

"That's what we need to find out. But be careful, we have no idea what we're up against." Says Mare-Do-Well.

As the three Coltronians worked on freeing the speedsters, Blue Beetle couldn't help but get a familiar feeling as he looked at the wall staples.

"Come on now, why don't you stay a while? There's plenty for us to do." A new voice says with a smooth voice that somehow has a menacing tint to it.

The heroes immediately stiffen and begin searching for the voice, only for Filly-Be-Good to be the one to spot the speaker.

"Up there!" She shouts, point to a nearby building.

When the heroes look to where Filly-Be-Good is pointing Martian Pony Hunter pales, recognizing the speaker and realizing why the armor Button/Blue Beetle looked so familiar.

"Who are you?!" Canary asks, immediately taking a defensive stance.

"That is Reach Operative Black Beetle, civilian identity unknown.' Khaji Da says in Button's head, causing Button to pale underneath his helmet.

"Wait, 'Reach Operative' are you saying that the Reach have access to these Scarabs as well? Button mentally asks Khaji Da.

"My real name is unimportant, you may refer to me as Black Beetle, I am but a messenger of the Reach." Says Black Beetle, answering Button's question to Khaji Da.

"What exactly does the Reach want with this planet? Equestria and it's surrounding nations aren't as technologically advanced as the rest of the universe!" Says Martian Pony Hunter, glaring at Black Beetle.

Black Beetle smirks.

"You'll find that out soon enough. Just know that we've noticed an uncontrolled Scarab and wielder and plan to... rectify the situation." Says Black Beetle, making Button/Blue Beetle shudder.

"But for now, I'll be taking my leave. Farewell 'Super Friends.'" Black Beetle says, flying away using the Black Scarabs built in wings.

Once Black Beetle was gone the group turns to Button/Blue Beetle, who begins to feel nervous.

"Guys, it's not his fault. I know what the Reach is and I can safely tell you Blue Beetle is not the enemy here." Says Martian Pony Hunter, earning surprised looks from the rest of the Super Friends and Foal Titans.

"You do? I've been trying to figure out what the Reach is since Khaji told me he couldn't access any information regarding them because there was 'key information missing', what do you know about them?" Asks Button/Blue Beetle.

"Let's get back to base first, this isn't a story we want civilians overhearing." Martian Pony Hunter says.

With that, the group finish getting the Wall Staples off Dash and Kid Dash and head back to base to discuss the situation. Not knowing Green Lantern was learning about the reach as this goes on.


To Be Continued...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment