• ...
5
 13
 560

Meeting the Super Friends Part 3

As Canary and Martian Pony Hunter lead Blue Beetle to the meeting room several questions go through his head.

What did the Super Friends want to know? Would they know anything about Khaji Da? Or even about Magic Star?

The the lack of information was making him nervous.

Eventually the three of them reach the meeting room where the meeting would take place.

"Alright we're here." Canary says, opening the door and walking inside.

Without any hesitation Blue Beetle goes inside the meeting room with Canary and Martian Pony Hunter.

Once inside he sees the main members of the Super Friends. Super Mare, Mare-Do-Well, Pink Arrow, The Dash, Wonder Mare, Captain Alicorn and the leader herself, Green Lantern.

"So you're the new Blue Beetle?" Asks Green Lantern

"Yeah, I am." Blue Beetle says.

"Okay, just making sure. Now we have some questions we want to ask you. Is that alright?" Asks Wonder Mare, who seems familiar to Blue Beetle.

"Uh, sure." Blue Beetle says.

"Alright, how did you receive the Scarab you know as Khaji Da?" Asks Mare-Do-Well

"I found it near what remained of the Star Industries building after it exploded." Explains Blue Beetle

"What do you know about the Scarab?" Asks Wonder Mare

"Not much, just that it fused to my spine after I found it and it has a system that has a suit of armor and weapons installed in it." Blue Beetle explains.

"So you potentially have a piece of lien technology fused to your spine and you don't know what it's meant for?" Green Lantern asks with a slightly agitated look on her face, not realizing that the ring on her finger is glowing.

"Uh, yeah. Khaji also told me that there Data Missing from it. All were able to figure out is that Magic Star was the previous Blue Beetle and that there's a group known as The Reach involved." Admits Button

That gets Green Lanterns attention.

"The reach? That sounds... familiar. I'll have to go to Oa in order to find out more." Green Lantern says.

"Anymore questions?" Asks Blue Beetle.

"Yes, we need to know your civilian identity in case of an emergency." Mare-Do-Well says.

Blue Beetle hesitates before Khaji speaks to him through their link.

"I do not trust the Green Lantern. However, it would be in our best interest to do as they say." Says Khaji

Blue Beetle nods his head and deactivates the armor.

"My name is Button Mash, I'm 12 years old." The Earth Pony says, revealing his identity to them with Mare-Do-Well's eyes widening behind her mask.


After sorting everything out the Super Friends agree to help him find out more about Magic Star and The Reach.

Button was given a communicator and a teleportation device so that he can go to the base whenever he needs to after becoming a member of the Foal Titans.

Green Lantern then informs the group she'll be on planet Oa for 3 weeks for a big mission and that she'd try to find out more about The Reach in that time.

Eventually, Button goes home and has dinner with his family before going to bed.

Little does he realize how things are going to change.