• Published 6th Mar 2021
  • 1,085 Views, 79 Comments

Cheer Princess Reborn - TwinAttorney864



After following Sunset Shimmer through the portal and becoming stuck in the human world, Princess Celestia struggles to adapt while blocking Sunset's ambitions with her own popularity. - A continuation of the original Cheer Princess by MythrilMoth

  • ...
13
 79
 1,085

Book Two, Chapter One (Side Sunset)

"Only 3 hours and I already hate it here, " Sunset grumbled, banging her head against her locker while Fluttershy was behind her.

It was the end of the first half of the school day, and she can't say she was impressed. French was easy enough to understand, as she had to study the Equestrian counterpart to converse with diplomats during official state visits in Canterlot, though she did note that the teacher seemed to be one of those french wanna-bees and not an actual french person, as evident by the only thing he knows about France was the flag color and copious amounts of breadsticks.

History was a bit harder, seeing as how the history of this world didn't line up perfectly with Equestrian versions (The best example is that the Wendigos are actually just some weird political group that once tried to take over the world before being destroyed in the 1940s). Luckily, the history section she found on her tablet's eBooks did help her when she took the preliminary exam. Fortunately, the teacher, a middle-aged man named Mr. Text Book, was actually quite understanding by her lack of knowledge of the world, owing to it to her supposed 'disappearance and lack of proper education. Though he did stress that he expected her to catch up quickly with the rest of the class.

Physics proved to be even more of a challenge for her. Owing to that they could levitate objects back in Equestria, the forces behind the movement and anything related to that were not really a field that was studied much back in Equestria (The unicorn New Ton had proposed the idea originally to the Princesses advisor several years ago, but was simply laughed out and joked around why he didn't merely catch the apple with his magic instead). She was glad she barely made it through the pre-test with a B.

And Geometry, the bane of her existence. It wasn't that the teacher was very bad, on the contrary, Mrs. Right Angle proved to be one of her favorite teachers due to her chipper attitude as opposed to the rest of her teacher's eccentric abilities. It wasn't even her classmates, owing to the fact that Rainbow and Fluttershy had the same period as her and they were grouped together at the back of the room.

It was just very tedious.

"How many formulas are there..." Sunset groaned out, throwing the arm-thick textbook into the back of her locker. Not even 20 minutes into the class and she was already swimming in unknown words like vertex, midpoint, and whatever perpendicular is. She had stopped listening in favor of starting out the window for the next 20 minutes. She ended up filling 3 separate sheets of paper just re-writing notes, formulas, and how to use them over and over again.

"Well, at least you learn something every day, right...?" Fluttershy quietly said, which was matched by a depressing look from Sunset.

"Fluttershy, stare at me straight in the eye and tell me when am I EVER going to need to know the formula to calculate a trapezoid? Stupid A = 1/2H(B1 + B2) crap." She muttered.

"Now, Mrs. Shimmer," an older voice called out to her, she stared up dejectedly to find it was the school secretary, Raven Inkwell, "You know we don't tolerate any form of swearing inside the school, right?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes...Mrs. Inkwell," Sunset sighed, and pulled herself up from the locker she was lying on. She knew what Raven could do, having been on the punishment end of her back in Canterlot Castle several times.

"Oh dear, I hope school hasn't already tired you out." She said with genuine sincerity. "Why, we've barely even begun your school life here at CHS."

"Tell me that after you cram 7 separate formulas into your head..." Sunset muttered. "In any case, do you need me for something, Mrs. Inkwell?"

She smiled and held out an envelope for the girl, with the principals' name on the front of it. Not bothering with the offered letter opener, she ripped the cover flap open.

Dear Sunset Shimmer,

I do hope you are acclimating to our school in a nice fashion. I understand your inability to remember your past may prove to be a bit difficult to work with, not including almost being missing for a full year should prove to be of some difficulty in what you are learning today, but I have every bit of faith that you will quickly catch up with the rest of your peers in no time. If it doesn't trouble you, I'd like for you to join me in lunch at my office today, that way I can get a better idea of how you've been adapting to school once again.

Best Regards,
Principal Celestia

She mulled over the decision a bit. She would obviously have to miss the school lunch period, which she was told would have been a hotspot to make connections within the school, but she would be lying to herself if she wasn't curious as to the true nature of why the principal had called her. After all, you don't go ahead and call up the amnesiac on the first day of school just to sit down and have a chat about 'how you been' and all of that.

Making up her mind, she folded the invitation, and nodded to Raven, "Tell the Principal I said yes, will you?"

Raven nodded in return, "Do you need to go to the lunchroom to get your food?"

Shaking her head, she held up a paper lunch bag that was a bit soaked with oil at the bottom, "No thanks, I was already packed some by my parents. I just have to inform my friends I won't go to lunch with them."

Nodding in approval, Raven began to walk away. Sunset spun on her heels to face Fluttershy, who was trying to close the door to her locker. "Hrngh." She grunted, trying to slide the rusted door into the locker.

Rolling her eyes, Sunset waved her aside, and slammed the door into the locker, making a small dent where she had put force on the door. "Stupid cheap locker," she snarled. She flipped around to face Fluttershy.

"I was invited to the Principals office for lunch, can you tell Rainbow I won't meet you girls at the lunchroom?"

"Y-yeah, sure," Fluttershy mumbled, the sound of the door slamming into the locker was still ringing a bit in her ears.

"Sorry, did that hurt?" Sunset asked. She didn't exactly have friends before, and she didn't want to do anything to hurt her first friend.

"N-no, it was just loud..." Fluttershy said. She picked up the lunch box she had and waved at Sunset as she started walking towards the lunchroom. Sunset waved back and began walking in the opposite direction to the front of the school.

When she got there, she was about to open the door, before she caught the tail end of Celestia disciplining some kids.

"...and the next time I find your Crystal bloody asses near my school without permission, I will have the district deal with you, Cinch's reputation be damned!" She roared before Sunset flinched back at a loud *BANG* coming from the inside of the office.

Steeling herself, she walked inside the office and found Raven furiously typing away at her keyboard, a mug (or three) of coffee at her side. On the opposite end of the office, near the lounging couches reserved for waiting visitors, she found three girls sitting on it, their faces ranging from absolute fury to mild annoyance.

One girl, with neon green and yellow hair, sported the annoyance look and rolled her eyes at her two bickering compatriots. She opted for lounging back and just chilling while listening to some blaring rock music through her headphones (Sunset will admit, she enjoyed a good amount of AC-DC herself, but there is a limit and that limit is when you can hear the music through a pair of muffling headphones).

The other two girls, one with light blue hair and glasses, the other one with a pair of goggles and dark blue hair, were bickering. As Sunset was quickly waved into Celestia's office, she heard a snippet of their argument.

"...so I see no reason why you had to drag me along to this farce." The glasses one said in a monotonous voice, "The Games aren't for another 6 months, why would we need to 'get at them now?"

"Because we're freshmen!" The goggles girl yelled, arms waving around like it was obvious, "If we could do it now, imagine the amount of clout we'd get from all of the upperclassmen that usually do it themselves! Heck, even Captain Shining goddamn Armour didn't do it himself at the start of his year at Crystal Prep!"

The two girls bickered on and on, each time louder in effect as the other one tried to one-up their opponent. Deciding that hearing loss wasn't what she wanted to be known for on Day 1, Sunset quickly got to the door of Celestia's office and shut it behind her. Of course, she wasn't spared from copious amounts of harsh language herself once she got inside.

"I don't CARE about your goddamn reputation, Cinch," Celestia swore into a landline, seething, "I want to know why in the goddamn did I catch THREE of your students trying to deface our school statue!? It's not even six months until the Games and you want to start this pissing match NOW?!"

Sunset couldn't make out what the person on the other side of the phone said, but whatever it was, Celestia did not look too happy about it. "No, don't you hang up on me you loony old- SON OF A BITCH!" She swore, as the other person abruptly hung up on her. She slammed her phone down on the receiver, and dug out a bottle of wine, and poured herself a glass. Downing the drink, she noticed Sunset at the entranceway.

"I've been having to do this same song and dance for close to 20 years, Sunset," She groaned out, "There comes a point where it turns from funny to annoying, from annoying to infuriating, and from infuriating to downright stupidity." Another glass, "You going to tell on me?" She raised an eyebrow. Sunset quickly shook her head.

"No ma'am. I won't tell a word." She quickly answered. Sunset didn't want to anger anyone on day one, especially her principal.

"Good." She finished drinking the wine, and with the grace of an ox, simply stuffed it into the bottom of her desk. "Now that I have that farce tucked away, at least for a bit, we come to the nature of why you're here."

"I thought this was just supposed to be a catching up chat over lunch with you?!" Sunset paled. She didn't know if she broke any school rules unknowingly, but she was horrified if she had nevertheless.

Fortunately, Celestia waved off her suspicions. "Don't worry, that is what we're here to do. I just need to inform you that we're also going to go ahead and have another student join us as well."

"Who else-" Sunset began but was quickly silenced by the opening door.

"Celestia," Tia called out, "Sorry I'm late. I got caught up with whoever those troublemakers are outsi...de." Tia said walking into the office, but she stopped talking after being met by the eyes of Sunset.

"Oh, great." Both of them deadpanned.

*15 minutes later*

"Hey Celestia," Luna called, walking into the office with a clipboard in hand. "I just got done making First Day rounds. You will not believe what...Cheerilee...is...doing." Luna said, slowing down as she began to take in the sight in front of her.

In front of her sister's desk, a scene began to evolve. The two new girls, Sunset and Celestia, continued bickering with each other, their lunches on the floor next to them. Both girls seemed to have invoked the classic argument strategy of 'keep yelling higher and higher while spontaneously cutting off your opponent at every headway you give'. At her desk, she merely saw her sister, who looked too frazzled even for a single conversation, as she drank about half of their shared 'emergency B.S wine' bottle.

"I...think I'll just come back later."

Author's Note:

Yes, We'll visit the Friendship Games at a later date. Yes, Shining Armour and Sci-Twi will be a focal point about that arc. No, it won't be anytime soon. Yes, the Principals consume wine when they are stressed. Yes this will also be a focal point at a later date (Work Ethic Reviews!)

Also, yeah I didn't put the actual lunch meeting here. I decided that I'll add a third version of a chapter into my version of Cheer Princess, which would be a third-person chapter that doesn't follow a single character but rather follows a major event that is happening. That will come at a later date.

Comments ( 7 )

Ah... former student/'practically adopted daughter' and former teacher/'practically your mother' can't stand to be in tge same room.:rainbowlaugh:

Look like they have a lot of dirty laundry to do between themselves before they reach the core of the problem. Probably a whole story worth of laundry. :rainbowwild::rainbowlaugh:

And they barely started living in this world...

10829260
Actually, not a full story. That's indicating from the start of this story to the end of it. They'll (eventually) reconcil, but that won't be the end.

We still got the games, summer BS that involves Cheestopia, Human Sunset, my take on a dual Anon-A-Miss arc, and about 4 whole years of stupidity

(Both in the story, and IRL. If I have the drive, this thing will run till both the characters and I graduate High School. That will be a sad day)

10829301
Me, I can't wait until the 'dating' aspect of the popularity contest begins. :pinkiecrazy:

10829305
What? You mean echother? They do that exactly once, just to screw whit everybodys heads and then go right back to the bickering.

Wow, Cinch and the Shadowbolts are already starting shit.

10829870
Hahaha no, I mean in canon Sunset start dating Flash to raise her popularity. The idea behind this story for MythrilMoth was to counter Sunset nefarious ambition Celestia would have to become more popular than Sunset. To teach her a lesson or something.

So when who is dating who enter the equation, either/or Celestia
- push Sunset to not use Flash like a dirty rag,
- make date him properly with real feelings involved.
- steal him for herself.
- date other people herself to raise into the school hierarchy of who is more popular.

And MythrilMoth was known for his more "lewd" writing so I am guessing that would have entered the fray at some points.

I call BS, there's no way a respected public servant like Celestia and Luna would have an emergency bottle of wine in their desk...


It would be a box.

Login or register to comment