• Published 28th Nov 2020
  • 8,362 Views, 451 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk II: The Shining Path - Mister E-Nonymous



Dusk Shine has been having a good life in Equestria ever since he inhabited his new body. Dusk is now having a lot of fun, and his new mom, Twilight, has officially become Equestria's newest Princess. Hopefully, things might not be crazy. YEAH RIGHT!

  • ...
8
 451
 8,362

Chapter 5: The Big Night

Chapter 5: The Big Night


Twilight and the girls were preparing for the Fall Formal Dance. They all got prepared and headed out for the limo they rented. Rarity even made a little tuxedo for Dusk to wear. They eventually went to the school for the dance. As the girls, Spike and Dusk were walking up to the front door of the school, a car with lightning bolts came up. And the driver was Flash Sentry.

"Uh, Twilight!" Flash called out. "Look, I know you said "no" about going to the Fall Formal with me, but would you reconsider and at least have one dance?"

"I didn't say "no"!" Twilight tried explaining. "I mean, I did, but... I didn't mean no, to you. I was... Well, what I mean is... yes. I'd love to dance with you!" Both of them were blushing. Then they headed in until Flash bumped his head on the door. Twilight was worried for him, but he recovered. They eventually made it to the gym for the dance.

Everyone was dancing to the music that Flash and his band was playing. Twilight was looking around while dancing. She then asked, "Anybody see Sunset Shimmer?"

"Maybe she was too embarrassed to show!" said Rainbow Dash. "She's gotta know you won by a landslide!"

"Maybe..." Twilight said, worried.

Principal Celestia walked up on stage and told the student working the sound to turn down the music. He did, and then the rock band stopped playing, and headed off stage. Principal Celestia walked up to the microphone.

"First off, I wanna say how wonderful everything looks tonight," Principal Celestia announced. "You all did a magnificent job pulling things together after the unfortunate events of earlier. And now, without further ado, I'd like to announce the winner of this year's Fall Formal crown." Vice Principal Luna walked up onto the stage with a box. She opened it up, revealing Twilight's Element of Harmony. "The Princess of this year's Fall Formal is... Twilight Sparkle!"

The crowd cheered. While the crowd was cheering, Snips and Snails snuck into the gym. Twilight walked up on stage as Principal Celestia took the crown from the box, and turned towards Twilight.

"Congratulations, Twilight," Principal Celestia said to Twilight. The crown was then placed on Twilight's head. The human version of Twilight's friends were happy. But something didn't seem right.

"TWILIGHT! HELP!"

Spike voice caught Twilight's attention. She looked over and saw Snips carrying Spike and Snails pulling Dusk. Twilight and the girls chased the two trouble makers through the halls of Canterlot High. They basically went outside to where the portal was, but standing in front of the portal was Sunset Shimmer with a sledge hammer.

"That's close enough!" said Sunset Shimmer. She then got it ready to swing at the portal.

"Twilight!" Spike called out.

"Help!" Dusk called out. They were then forced quiet.

"Don't hurt them!" Twilight said, angrily.

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it," Sunset said. "I'm not a monster, Twilight." She then looked towards Snips and Snails, saying, "Let them go." Snips and Snails released Dusk and Spike, who ran towards Twilight. Sunset then said to Twilight, "You don't belong here. Give me the crown, and you can go back to Equestria tonight. Or keep it and never go home." Sunset then held her position on swinging the sledge hammer, about to swing.

"Sunset, wait!" Dusk called out. "You don't have to do this!"

"I will do this, little boy!" Sunset shouted. "I've done everything on trying to be a princess! You don't know what it's like to be rejected from what you've wanted to gain! You don't know what it's like to be neglected, doing all the hard work, and expecting others to give you what you worked hard for!"

"Don't you remember what I told you about my previous life?!" Dusk shouted. "My aunt and cousin treated me like a slave! My life was a lot worse than you thought yours was!"

Sunset thought about that. She then sighed and said, "Okay. I get it. You had a tough life. But, I worked so hard to get what I want."

"Maybe it's not what you want, but what you need," said Dusk. "You just needed some friends. That's what Princess Celestia was trying to tell you."

"Princess Celestia?" asked the human versions of Twilight's friends.

"We'll talk later," Twilight said. She then said to Sunset, "Equestria will find a way to survive without my Element of Harmony. This place might not, if I allow it to fall into your hands. So go ahead. Destroy the portal. You are not getting this crown!"

Sunset then let go of the sledge hammer, saying, "Fine. You win."

"You... are... so awesome!" Rainbow said to Twilight.

"I can't believe you were gonna do that for us!" Applejack said, tipping her hat.

"It's no wonder you're a real live princess!" Rarity said. That made Sunset Shimmer snap.

"Oh, yes, she's so very special!" Sunset snapped. She then jumped on Twilight, trying to get the crown, which bounced near Spike. Sunset reached for the crown, but Twilight tried holding her back. Sunset was about to grab it, but Spike jumped on Sunset's head, and grabbed the crown, making a run for it. Sunset then said to Snips and Snails, "Grab him, you fools!" They then started chasing Spike, but were pushed aside by Sunset Shimmer.

Spike headed for the door, trying to push it open, but it wouldn't budge. Sunset eventually cornered him, and Rainbow called out, "Spike! Spike!" Spike threw the crown towards Rainbow Dash with his mouth, and she caught it. Snips and Snails then tried getting the crown from Rainbow Dash. She then looked at Fluttershy, and said, "Fluttershy!" She then threw the crown to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy saw Sunset, Snips and Snails running towards her, but Applejack lassoed Fluttershy out of the way, making her drop the crown, and it bounced on the ground, having Snips grab it. But then, Pinkie Pie reached over Snips, giving it to Applejack, who tossed it to Rarity, who tossed it to Twilight, who then threw it over her head, which was heading towards Dusk. But he was pushed out of the way by Sunset, who grabbed it.

"I'll take that!" Sunset said as she grabbed it. "At last! More power than I could ever imagine!" She put the crown on her head. The crown then started glowing in a black and light blue aura. The magic then made a small beacon, surrounding Sunset Shimmer. The other students of Canterlot High were watching Sunset transform. Sunset basically transformed into a demoness with red skin and black and dark red leather wings, with a tail that matched her hair color and a red, yellow and black dress. She laughed evilly and fired two blasts, one at Snips and one at Snails. They turned into demons as well.

"This is gonna be so cool!" Demon Snips said.

Sunset then faced towards the school, scaring the students watching. She then said, "I've had to jump through so many hoops tonight just to get my hands on this crown, and it really should have been mine all along." She growled and announced, "But let's let bygones be bygones. I am your princess now, and you will be loyal... to me!" She used her magic to crush the main entrance to the school. The students tried running away, but Sunset used her magic to put the students of Canterlot High in a trance. Sunset then said to Snips and Snails, "Round them up and bring them to the portal." She then looked at Twilight and her friends, saying, "Spoiler alert: I was bluffing when I said I was going to destroy the portal. I don't want to rule this pathetic little high school; I want Equestria! And with my own little teenage army behind me, I am going to get it!"

"Sunset!" Dusk said.

"You can't talk your way out of this, Dusk Shine!" Sunset said. "What exactly do you think you're going to do to stop me? I have magic, and you have nothing!"

"Dusk and Twilight have us!" Rainbow announced. Twilight ran up to Dusk and hugged him. They were also smiling at Rainbow and the other girls for having their back. They ran up to the sides of Twilight and Dusk.

Sunset growled, then gave an evil laugh and said, "Gee, the gang really is all back together again." She laughed again. "Now step aside! Twilight and Dusk have tried to interfere with my plans one too many times already! They need to be dealt with!" She then laughed evilly, summoned a fireball, and threw it towards Twilight and Dusk. The other five girls surrounded Twilight and Dusk, trying to shield them, or go down with them. Sunset laughed evilly at the explosion, but when the smoke cleared, the group was surrounded in a magenta aura. Sunset was surprised and said, "What!?"

Twilight, Dusk and the girls inspected themselves, and saw that they were covered in a magical aura. Twilight was overjoyed by this and then said to Sunset, "The magic contained in my Element was able to unite with those that helped create it!" The group was gaining some pony ears and long pony tails connected to their hair. Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Twilight and Dusk gained wings. "Honesty! Kindness! Laughter! Generosity! Loyalty! Magic!" The magic was being drained from the crown and towards Twilight and the group. "Together with a crown, they create a power beyond anything you could imagine, but it is a power you don't have the ability to control! The crown may be upon your head, Sunset Shimmer, but you cannot wield it, because you do not possess the most powerful magic of all: the magic of friendship!"

Twilight, Dusk and the girls mad a heart shaped while holding hands, with Dusk in the middle. Then a rainbow laser headed towards Sunset Shimmer, making a rainbow twister, making her scream out, "No! What is happening?!"

"Here and in Equestria, it is the only magic that can truly unite us all!" Twilight called out. The magic also took away the power from Snips and Snails, and released the trans from the students. The group was laying on the ground, recovering from the blast.

Spike came up to Twilight and licked her face. Twilight got up and hugged Spike. Dusk looked at himself and saw wings sprouting from his back. He then said, "Okay, that's weird."

"What is it, Dusk?" Rarity asked.

"Back in Equestria, I was just a normal unicorn," said Dusk. "No wings."

"That is weird," Twilight said. Then she saw the crater where Sunset was. The group walked towards the crater and at the bottom was Sunset Shimmer, back in her normal human form. She was kneeling down, accepting her defeat. Twilight then said to her, "You will never rule in Equestria. Any power you may have had in this world is gone. Tonight, you've shown everyone who you really are. You've shown them what is in your heart."

Sunset was crying, looked up at them and said, "I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't know there was another way."

"The magic of friendship doesn't just exist in Equestria," Twilight said, before looking at the ponified girls. "It's everywhere. You can seek it out, or you can forever be alone. The choice is yours."

"But... But all I've ever done since being here is drive everyone apart," Sunset said, still crying. "I don't know the first thing about friendship."

Twilight helped Sunset out of the crater and said, "I bet they can teach you." Twilight motioned a hand towards the girls.

Spike stood on his hind legs, saying, "Those are my girls! Woo-hoo!"

The students were surprised by Spike talking, and one of them asked, "Did that dog just talk? Whoa. Weird."

Spike got a disbelieving face, then said, "Seriously? The talking dog is a weird thing about all this?" He was then picked up by Rarity.

"I, for one, think you're adorable," Rarity said, scratching behind Spike's ear.

"Oh, yeah," Spike said.

Twilight was smiling at the group while Principal Celestia was walking in behind Twilight. She then said, "I believe this belongs to you." Twilight turned to see Principal Celestia holding Twilight's crown. She then took a knee and bowed. "A true princess in any world leads not by forcing others to bow before her, but by inspiring others to stand with her. We have all seen that you are capable of just that. I hope you see it too, Princess Twilight."

"I do," Twilight said. The students then cheered for Twilight.

Dusk then looked at Principal Celestia and asked, "You knew we were from another dimension, didn't you?"

"Indeed," said Principal Celestia. "Me, and my sister. Of course, we had been assigned here to guard the portal. When the school was going to be built in front of the portal, Luna and I had to get a teaching degree, and we eventually became part of the faculty here."

"How old are you?" Dusk asked.

"You are the first person to ask that, Dusk Shine," said Principal Celestia. "My sister and I have been here for centuries. No one has ever asked us because of a special magic that our counterparts put on us."

"Counterparts?" Twilight asked. "You've been to Equestria before?"

"Indeed," said Principal Celestia. "But now, let's get back to what's important."


The group had one last dance before it was time for Twilight, Spike and Dusk to leave back to Equestria. After the dance, they gave one last group hug.

"You'll look out for her, won't you?" Twilight asked about Sunset. Sunset was looking out from the big hole in the school entrance.

"Of course we will," Rarity said, before crossing her arms. "Although I do expect some sort of apology for last spring's debacle."

Vice Principal Luna then walked up to Sunset Shimmer with a trowel, which Sunset took, and Snips and Snails came in with cement and a wheel barrel full of bricks. Twilight then said, " I have a feeling she'll be handing out a lot of apologies."

"We better get going," Spike said.

"I know we've only been friends for a short time, but I'm gonna miss all of you so much," Twilight said. She then sighed and turned around towards the portal with Spike and Dusk following.

"That crown really does suit you, Princess Twilight," Spike said.

"You know what, Spike? I am starting to feel a little more comfortable wearing it," Twilight responded.

"And the wings?" Spike asked.

"I've been walking on two legs and picking things up with these!" Twilight said, waving her fingers. "Wings? I'm thrilled that's all I'll be dealing with back in Equestria!"

"I just hope I won't have the wings," said Dusk. He then looked at the wings on his back. "I just hope I won't have that problem."

"You won't know, Dusk," Twilight said. "Even if you become an alicorn back home, I'll be glad that I won't have to outlive you. C'mon. Let's go home." Then the three of them went through the portal. Just in time because the portal officially closed as soon as they stepped through.

Pinkie ran up to the portal, trying to go through, but she bounced off the statue. She then said, "Oh, bummer!"


On the other side of the portal, the rest of the Mane 6 and the princesses were waiting for Twilight, Dusk and Spike to return. The mirror started shimmering, and then Twilight stepped out. Back in her pony form, but standing on her hind legs. She then went down to all fours.

"Twilight!" Fluttershy called out.

"Ah, you're back!" Rainbow said, flying up to Twilight.

Rarity rushed up to Twilight and said, "You've got your crown!"

Pinkie Pie rushed to Twilight's side, hugged her and said, "I knew you could do it!"

Applejack shed some tears and said, "Oh, we were so worried."

Princess Celestia walked up to Applejack, still facing Twilight and asked, "Sunset Shimmer, is she alright?"

Twilight looked towards the mirror and said, "I think she's gonna be fine. I left her in good hands."

That made the rest of the Mane 6 confused, and Rainbow asked, "What are hands?" Then Spike and Dusk came out of the portal. Spike was happy to be back in his normal body. Dusk was back to his pony body, but when everypony looked at him, they had their jaws dropped.

"What?" Dusk asked.

"Uh... Dusk," Twilight said. "L-look on your back."

Dusk looked behind him and saw that he had wings, and a Cutie Mark. The Mark looked like a meteor shower with the meteors looking like the sparkle from Twilight's Cutie Mark.

"Wings?! And a Cutie Mark?!" Dusk asked. "Oh, boy."

Princess Celestia smiled and said, "Looks like we have a new alicorn. And for the first time in Equestria, well, this Equestria, we have our very first male alicorn."

"This... is going to get some time to get used to," said Dusk. He then yawned. "I just hope that these wings won't keep me up."

"We'll... come up with something," said Twilight. They basically went back to the rooms they were staying in, and were getting ready for the Princess Summit. Things are gonna be interesting for everypony for now on. Especially everypony in Dusk's class.

Author's Note:

Well, Dusk is officially an alicorn prince. Things are starting to get wild.


Voting time!

When the Mane 6 stop the plunder vines and saving the Tree of Harmony, not only does the Tree sprout a six key holed box, but it also opens a portal leading from an alternate Equestria. Who do you want to come out of the portal?

Option 1:

Nyx from Past Sins by Pen Stroke

Option 2:

Cherry Pie, Blueberry Pie and Raspberry Pie (Tri Pies) from Daughter of Discord by DisneyFanatic23

Option 3:
Both of the Above