• Published 28th Nov 2020
  • 8,346 Views, 451 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk II: The Shining Path - Mister E-Nonymous



Dusk Shine has been having a good life in Equestria ever since he inhabited his new body. Dusk is now having a lot of fun, and his new mom, Twilight, has officially become Equestria's newest Princess. Hopefully, things might not be crazy. YEAH RIGHT!

  • ...
8
 451
 8,346

Chapter 3: Dusk Shine... Kidnapped

Chapter 3: Dusk Shine... Kidnapped


Twilight and Dusk were walking down the school halls. Twilight saw a vending machine full of food, and tried opening it. Dusk stopped her.

"It's not going to open," Dusk said. "This is a vending machine. You put money in it, select what you want by pushing a couple buttons, and the machine will drop it into the slot below, and you have to push the small door on the bottom, and reach in to get the snack you ordered."

"And I'm guessing that bits and gems aren't going to work here?" Twilight asked.

"Afraid not," Dusk said. Just then, a human version of Trixie Lulamoon came in, and approached the vending machine after Twilight and Dusk got out of the way.

"Excuse me," Trixie said politely before Twilight and Dusk moved out of the way. "The Great and Powerful Trixie! ...Needs some peanut butter crackers." She inserted a coin into the coin slot of the vending machine and selected the snack she wanted. "VoilĂ !" She then grabbed them, and walked away.

Twilight drooped her shoulders and arms, and said, "Sunset Shimmer is right. I don't know the first thing about this place." She then started walking down the halls, thinking of a plan. "If I'm gonna really fit in and win votes, we need to do some research."

"Research?" Spike asked.

"This place has a school," said Twilight. "I have to believe it's got a..." She then stopped at a door, and that door leads to the school... "library!"

Then Twilight and Dusk went in. What they didn't know was that Snips and Snails were hiding behind the doors as Twilight and Dusk were walking in. Snips then asked, "Got your phone?"

Snails held out his cell phone and asked, "Got yours?" Then they went in snickering, and sneaking through the library trying to get pictures of Twilight making a fool of herself. Then, eventually when Dusk is alone, take him to Sunset.

Twilight and Dusk walked towards the center, where there were a bunch of computer desks in a circle. Dusk stopped Twilight and said, "Maybe you should stick to the books instead of the computers."

"These are computers?" Twilight asked. "Wow, technology here is really advanced then back home."

Then the human version of Cheerilee saw Twilight and Dusk and asked, "Is there anything you two are looking for?" She then looked at Dusk and said, "Oh, you two must be the new girl and her little brother. I heard that you couldn't get into an Elementary School here." She then looked up at Twilight and asked, "You mind if I watch over him while you're doing what you have to do in here?"

"No thank you," Twilight said. "I'm perfectly fine with watching over him."

Then the two of them headed off somewhere to look for books. Dusk then explained, "If you want to check the history of the school students, teachers and principals, you might as well start with the yearbooks."

"What's a yearbook?" Twilight asked.

"A book of what happened each school year," said Dusk. "Now, let's get..." They were interrupted when they heard music coming from the middle of the library. They saw the human versions of the Cutie Mark Crusaders dancing to some music with a speaker hooked up to the computer they were using. The music was stopped when Cheerilee pushed a button.

"Uh, girls, what are you doing?" Cheerilee asked.

"We're just seeing how many hits our new music video has gotten," said the human Sweetie Belle. Then they turned the music back on, but Cheerilee stopped it and removed the speaker.

"No! The school computers are for research purposes only," Cheerilee stated, then walked away with the speaker.

"It's just as well, y'all," said Apple Bloom. "Some of the comments about our song were really awful. 'Epic fail'... 'Funniest thing I've ever seen'?!"

"Funniest thing they've ever seen, huh?" Sweetie Belle asked. Then the three of them ran out.

"Uh, I don't know that that's what you should take from..." Twilight called out, but the crusaders were out of the library. She then groaned.

"Some things never change," said Dusk, smiling. Especially at Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Twilight said. "C'mon. Let's get researching." Then she and Dusk headed upstairs to find some books. Snips and Snails were following, trying to get out of sight.


Twilight and Dusk split off, trying to find some books. Dusk had a few books in his hands, but as he was about to grab one book, he was grabbed by someone behind him.

"Hey! Lemme go!" Dusk called out. His mouth was then gagged and his eyes were covered by a blindfold. Then soundproof headphones were placed over his ears.

"Let's get this boy to Sunset," said Snips. "She really wants the new girl to give up hope."

"Yeah," said Snails. "Hopefully, this will make her give up."

Snips and Snails took Dusk out of the school, and they handed Dusk over to Sunset Shimmer. She then took him and said, "Good. And do you have the photos of Twilight I need?"

"Right here," said Snips, holding out his phone. He then pushed some buttons on his phone, along with Snails, and they both texted the footage they got from Twilight's day in the library.

"Good," said Sunset Shimmer. "Now, to finally put a stop to Twilight Sparkle, once and for all." She then pulled Dusk and then tied his arms and legs together. She then took Dusk away to a location where Dusk wasn't able to see where he was going.


Dusk was taken to an apartment building. Sunset Shimmer threw him onto the couch. She then removed the blindfold, gag and sound proof headphones from Dusk. He looked around in worry.

"Where am I?" Dusk asked. He then saw Sunset Shimmer, giving him an evil grin. "What are you gonna do to me?!"

"Oh, nothing to you, little colt," said Sunset Shimmer. "It's just that you aren't allowed to leave here until I get that crown that rightfully belongs to me."

"It doesn't!" Dusk said.

"You think your sister is going to stop me?" Sunset asked before scoffing. "You're even more delusional than Princess Celestia." She then turned her back towards Dusk.

"Twilight isn't my sister," said Dusk. "She's my mom."

That made Sunset freeze up. She then turned around to look at Dusk and asked, "Seriously?"

"Yes," said Dusk. "Mom said that I became her biological son because of a pink and purple flower that sprayed her in the face."

"Wait, Twilight found the Dying Wish Flower?" Sunset asked. She then got a good look at Dusk and asked, "You seemed to know a lot about human things. Were you human before...?"

"Yes," said Dusk. "My name used to be Henry. My parents loved me a lot, but they had to leave the country for their jobs. So, they put me in the care of my aunt and my cousin. But, when I was there, they didn't treat me like a family member. They treated me like their personal slave. They made me clean up everything, leave me home alone, and barely feed me. My parents found out one day. The day I died. They would never trust Aunt Bonnie again. Even when she deleted all of my medical records."

"That's... that's... too cruel," said Sunset. "What kind of heartless creature do that?"

"I don't know," Dusk said.

Sunset then turned around, not wanting Dusk to see her crying. Sunset then said, "You might as well get comfortable. You aren't leaving until I get that crown."

"You can't do this!" Dusk said. "Mom earned the title of princess. It can't be made because you want to be princess. Everything must be earned."

"You sound like Princess Celestia," said Sunset. "If I want something, I get it. So, don't try to talk me out of my plan. It's going to happen my way, and nothing is going to stop me."

Dusk then looked around and asked, "If you're from Equestria, then how did you afford all of this stuff? And this place?"

Sunset looked over towards Dusk and said, "Good question. You'd be surprised how much diamonds and gold bits are here then back in Equestria. I basically sold them, and got at least a thousand for each diamond and five hundred for each bit."

"Wow," said Dusk. "You must be rich."

"Meh, but I spent it all up getting this apartment, the furniture, the technology, and the cable," said Sunset. "Which reminds me, I have to pay the cable bill." She then turned the TV on. "Let's see what's appropriate for you." She then stopped at one channel and said, "That should be good enough for you. Might as well not be as cruel as that former aunt of yours. Even I don't have the cruelty to do that to a child."

Sunset then walked towards the computer, so she could start editing the footage she got from Snips and Snails.


Back at Canterlot High, Twilight and Spike were deep in the library, after school hours. Twilight was a little upset that Dusk wasn't with her and Spike.

"Don't worry, Twilight," Spike said. "We'll find him. He couldn't have gone far."

"I already checked the entire school, Spike," said Twilight. "Twice. He's nowhere in the school. I need to go out and find him."

"No way, Twilight," said Spike. "We might not know if it's safe to leave the school. We don't even know what's out there?"

"Oh, Spike," Twilight said. "You know that we can't leave without Dusk. Who knows if he'll be found before the portal closes. I need to go find him."

"Twilight," Spike said. "You know that Dusk is resourceful, just like you. In fact, he might find a way back here."

"I hope so, Spike," said Twilight. "I already lost him once for what the changelings did to me, my brother and Dusk, but this world is an entirely different world than Equestria. We don't know anyone here."

"Technically we do, since this world has counterparts of everypony in Equestria," said Spike. Then he realized something. "Wait a minute. If there are human versions of our friends in this world, don't you think there's another us here?"

Twilight went wide eyed and said, "I think you're right, Spike. But, I doubt there's a Dusk Shine here. He's my son in Equestria. If there's a Dusk Shine in this world, I doubt he'd be my son."

"Yeah, you're probably right," Spike said. "He's probably an orphan in this world if his counterpart is in this world."

"Hopefully, he'll be able to get a good family in this world," said Twilight. "As for our Dusk, we have to get him back, and win the election for Fall Formal Princess... whatever that is."

Spike yawned and said, "C'mon. Let's get some sleep. I made us a bed for us to sleep tonight." Spike led Twilight through the library to the makeshift bed he made.


In Sunset's apartment, she made sure that Dusk wasn't going anywhere by putting a pad lock on the door. She basically already posted her video of why Twilight shouldn't be voted on the school website. Before she went to bed, she made a makeshift bed on her sofa.

"You're sleeping here," Sunset said. "Go to sleep."

Dusk then got into his makeshift bed and Sunset turned off the lights. Both of them fell asleep. Hours later, Dusk heard the door to the apartment close. That woke him up. Dusk looked around for Sunset. Then he realized that Sunset didn't lock the door.

That gave him the opportunity to get out of the apartment. He got his shoes on, and ran out. He looked around to see if there was any way to get back to the school. He came across an intersection and walked across. But as he almost cleared it, a girl on a dirt bike stopped at the intersection, making Dusk fall down on his back.

"Whoa! Sorry, kid!" came the voice of Rainbow Dash. She took off her helmet and looked at Dusk. "Hey, wait a minute. Aren't you supposed to be with someone old enough to supervise you?"

"I... uh..." Dusk said, thinking about how to respond. "I... I got separated from my big sister. She's supposed to watch over me while she comes up with a way to win Fall Formal Princess at Canterlot High before Sunset took me away from her and..."

"Sunset Shimmer? She took you away from your sister?" the Human Rainbow Dash asked, starting to get angry. She then tossed Dusk a spare helmet and said, "Get on. I'll take you back to Canterlot High. Might as well keep you out of sight from Sunset and her two lackeys." Dusk put on the helmet, and got on Rainbow Dash's dirt bike, and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Hang on tight, kid."

She then revved her engine, and then took off towards Canterlot High. Rainbow Dash stopped at an intersection and hid from Sunset Shimmer, who was in front of the school's main entrance. She then drove past the front, making sure that Sunset didn't see Dusk, and went towards the student parking.

"Here you go, kid," said Rainbow Dash. "Your sister must find a way to get the votes of the school. I would be willing to help out."

"You would?" Dusk asked.

"Yeah," said Rainbow Dash. "You might not know much about me, but I'm very reliable. Not as much as Applejack thought of me. She said that I wasn't reliable when I didn't show up for her bake sale when I was told it was moved to a different day. I can't believe she would lie to me about it."

"Out of curiosity, who gave you the information about the bake sale date being moved?" Dusk asked.

Rainbow Dash thought about it and said, "Well, it was Sunset who told me..." She then realized. She then got angry and said, "Oh, c'mon! Sunset Shimmer must've told me that just so she could end my friendship with Applejack. I better find Applejack and tell her what really happened. C'mon. Let's go. Stay close to me." Dusk held onto Rainbow's hand as the two of them went into the school.

Author's Note:

Well, Sunset is still focused on trying to stop Twilight from getting the votes. But, at least she was reckless when it came to leaving Dusk all by himself in an unlocked apartment. At least he got Rainbow Dash to help him get back to the school.

Just to let you know, this will be a story with voting, but the first voting won't be for a few more chapters.