• Published 28th Nov 2020
  • 8,331 Views, 451 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk II: The Shining Path - Mister E-Nonymous



Dusk Shine has been having a good life in Equestria ever since he inhabited his new body. Dusk is now having a lot of fun, and his new mom, Twilight, has officially become Equestria's newest Princess. Hopefully, things might not be crazy. YEAH RIGHT!

  • ...
8
 451
 8,331

Chapter 11: The Flag Carrying Competition

Chapter 11: The Flag Carrying Competition


Dusk, Nyx and the Cutie Mark Crusaders were coming out of the schoolhouse to get ready for a certain event. The head of the Equestria Games, Ms Harshwhinny, came in to give an announcement for a special competition. Nyx was a little excited to hear that they would be going to the Crystal Empire.

"This is so exciting!" said Nyx. "I've always wanted to go to the Crystal Empire!"

"Didn't you go to the Crystal Empire for the Princess Summit?" asked Dusk.

"No," said Nyx. "They were afraid that I would trap them in a night eternal, or banish them to the moon."

"I doubt you'd be the real Nightmare Moon," said Dusk. "I doubt there would be a Nightmare Moon without Luna's body and emotions."

Nyx thought about it, nodded and said, "Yeah, I guess that makes sense. But, what are we going to do for the competition?"

"I don't think we should be too worried about that," said Dusk. "According to Mom, we're going to be sitting up in the stands with the other Princesses during the Equestria Games."

Then Miss Harshwhinny walked up towards them and said, "The Princesses are wanting all alicorns to be in a special spot for every Equestria Games." She then looked at Nyx and said, "You must be Nyx. I've heard that you are the newest Alicorn. Although, I find it weird because you look like..."

"Nightmare Moon?" Nyx asked. "I get that a lot. But, I'm not going down that path. Especially when the Luna from my Equestria drained most of my magic and the unwanted memories out of me."

"That would explain why you weren't so powerful when using magic," Dusk said.

"Well, as long as you aren't a threat, you are welcome to the Equestria Games, sitting with the princesses," said Miss Harshwhinny. She then looked around and whispered into both of their ears, "Now, you might be favoring a certain group, but I am giving you two a job. You two are going to check out the competition, and make sure that nopony tries to get into somepony's head. If they do, let me know."

"Yes, Ma'am," said the two alicorns, doing a salute.

That made Miss Harshwhinny chuckle and say, "That's cute. I want you two to get on it."

Dusk and Nyx nodded and headed on home to the Golden Oaks Library.


Twilight, Spike, Dusk, Nyx, Velvet and Night Light were all enjoying a family dinner in the Golden Oaks Library. They were having Nyx's favorites, Celery Soup and Daffodil Sandwiches.

"So, you two are going to be in charge of reporting rule breakers?" Twilight asked. "That's a huge responsibility for you two to do."

"I know," said Nyx. "But, this is a huge responsibility. Not as much when my time as... you know who..."

"Nightmare Moon?" asked Twilight, Velvet and Night Light. That made Nyx slouched down, almost about to roll into a ball.

"Y-yeah," said Nyx. "Everypony in my Equestria knows about me. Even when some paparazzi ponies were trying to make me the head news and make ponies think I'm still a bad pony."

Twilight reached her hoof over towards Nyx and said, "You are not a bad pony, Nyx. Ponies are just... not used to you yet. It'll just take time for ponies to get used to you."

"I know," said Nyx. "When I was first introduced to the ponies of Ponyville, I wore a disguise. Rarity made me a vest that would hide my wings. She also gave me a headband with my mane held back."

"What about the eyes?" asked Velvet.

"Enchanted glasses," said Nyx. "At first, the Twilight of the Equestria I came from was going to use thick, black, rectangular glasses. But decided not to use them"

"What happened?" asked Twilight.

"We were with Rarity, so what do you think happened?" Nyx asked.

"Let me guess," Twilight said, smirking. "She complained about it, and sent the Twilight of that Equestria to get a new pair in a certain color and design?"

"She was gone for at least two hours," said Nyx. "She said that the pony working the stand wasn't organized."

"Alright," said Night Light. "Well, we're going to help supervise the class on the way to the Crystal Empire, Velvet and I."

"We need to keep an eye out for anypony that wants to ruin one groups performance," said Dusk. "I'm gonna get into the tub."

"Alright, Dusk," said Twilight. She then used her magic and levitated Dusk's plate towards the sink. Dusk headed upstairs.


For the next couple of days, Dusk and Nyx were watching the competition of the pony groups. So far, they saw that the Crusaders had the best performance. But then Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon went and got into Scootaloo's head. Scootaloo wanted to change the act with her trying to fly, but it was impossible because of her wings not grown in.

At the moment, Dusk, Nyx, Velvet, Night Light, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were at the train station. They all have been waiting for the train to arrive. But Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were waiting for Scootaloo to come. But then she came to tell her friends that she wasn't going.

On the train, Rainbow Dash was excited to see the Crusaders's routine, only to stop the train and take Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle back to Ponyville. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon mocked them as they were heading back. Dusk and Nyx glared at them because of what they did. Eventually, the rest of the passengers of the train made it to the Crystal Empire.

"Wow," said Nyx, looking around. "So, this is the Crystal Empire. It's beautiful..."

"You've never been to the Crystal Empire?" Night Light asked.

"No," said Nyx. "When the Twilight in my Equestria went to the Princess Summit, I stayed with Sweetie Belle and her parents?"

"Why not at Sweet Apple Acres?" Dusk asked.

"Granny Smith doesn't trust me," said Nyx. "She accused me of foalnapping when Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo snuck into the castle that the 'Children of Nightmare' built for me. Although, as Nightmare Moon, I actually showed... mercy. Spell Nexus got..."

"Wait... Spell Nexus?" Night Light asked. "He's the vice headstallion of Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Why would he be involved with those bad ponies?"

"It wasn't their fault," said Nyx. "They were corrupted from the darkness within the shreds of Nightmare Moon that were peeled from Princess Luna. The same shreds that made me. Spell Nexus was supposed to study them, but he got corrupted, and started spreading the darkness from pony to pony. He wasn't in control of his own actions."

"Interesting," came the voice of Shining Armor. The group looked over towards the train station and saw Shining Armor and a few of his guards. Including Flash Sentry. "I had already set up rooms for you and your friends to stay in the castle, Dusk." He then looked at Nyx and said, in a certain tone, "You must be Nyx."

Nyx rolled her eyes and said, "This happened to when I met you in the Equestria I came from. He thought I brainwashed Twilight and the rest of the family. I couldn't even if I wanted to. My magic is weak now."

"And according to her, the paparazzi tried to write a headliner to make Nyx look like a villain," said Velvet. "But, trying to do that, one reporter, who was obsessed with getting the scoop, ruined the Hearth's Warming Pageant."

"And that Shining Armor thought I purposely dropped a scaffolding on top of the stage," said Nyx.

Shining Armor sighed and said, "Alright. I'll give you a chance. I'll take your stuff to the castle. Guards, escort the students to the arena where the Equestria Games are going to be held."

"Yes, sir," said Flash Sentry. He and the guards escorted the fillies and colts towards the arena. But then, the sound of buzzing came in. The guards and the students looked towards the sound and saw Rainbow Dash, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

"Alright, everypony!" Rainbow Dash announced. "Let's get to the arena!"


Before the flag waving competition began, Dusk and Nyx went over towards Miss Harshwhinny to explain what happened during the tryouts. They explained everything.

"Okay," said Miss Harshwhinny. "Thank you for letting me know. I shall let them know that they're disqualified."

"Hang on," said Nyx. "I got a much better idea." She motioned a hoof so Harshwhinny would be able to hear what Nyx was going to whisper into her ear. Miss Harshwhinny smirked.

"That's not a bad idea," said Miss Harshwhinny. "Let's do this."

Then they walked over to the table where they would be judging the competition, and a lot of Crystal Ponies were watching. Basically, all of the groups in the Ponyville Schoolhouse were doing their flag waving performance. Then Harshwhinny called up the next group.

"Next up, Cutie Mark Crusaders," said Miss Harshwhinny. The Cutie Mark Crusaders went up with their gear. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon looked up. They haven't been called up yet.

"Saving the best for last," said Diamond Tiara. "Nice call."

The Crusaders had their performance set up and Harshwhinny called out, "Now, begin."

Miss Harshwhinny was jaw dropped by their performance. She then went back to her calm expression and said, "Thank you. Dismissed." Then the Crusaders then walked off the stage, and announced, "That's the last performance!"

That made Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon go wide eyed. Then the two of them went up on stage, and Diamond Tiara called out, "Hey! What about us?! We didn't get to perform!"

"Really?" asked Miss Harshwhinny. "Let's see." She then checked the list on the clipboard and said, "Oh, yes. Here are your names. On the disqualified list."

"DISQUALIFIED?!?!" Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon shouted.

"If a group is caught interfering or manipulating another group's performance, then it is an automatic DQ and won't be performing," said Miss Harshwhinny. "It was announced to the groups two days ago."

"What?!" asked Diamond Tiara. "No it wasn't!"

Dusk flew over the stage and said, "Yes it was. You two were going for the fashionably late routine and didn't hear the rules. So, you aren't performing today."

Diamond Tiara was getting angry. So angry, her face was turning red. Then she stomped off the stage with Silver spoon following. Basically, Miss Harshwhinny called out that the winning team was the Cutie Mark Crusaders. When Rainbow Dash said that the performance of the Cutie Mark Crusaders was acceptable, Miss Harshwhinny got excited and said that it was the most spectacular performance. Then Rainbow Dash reminded her of professionalism. Miss Harshwhinny calmed down, and thought of something to say, but when she couldn't find the words, she just walked off the stage.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders got excited that they won the Flag Waving Competition, and will be waving the flag for Ponyville in the Equestria Games.


The Cutie Mark Crusaders got permission from Princess Cadance to stay in the same room as Dusk and Nyx. Nyx was more comfortable that she was getting some time with the Cutie Mark Crusaders in this Equestria.

Dusk walked over towards Nyx and asked, "You feel better that they're used to you?"

"Yep," said Nyx. "Thank you, Dusk. Guess things are a lot different here it was in the Equestria I came from. For example, the Cadance in my Equestria was pregnant."

"Really?" came the voice of Cadance. They looked towards the door and saw Princess Cadance standing there. "Well, we haven't thought about having a foal yet. But, I'm sure eventually, it'll happen." She looked at all of them and asked, "Does anypony want some snacks? I can bring you up some cookies."

"Yes, please!" said all of them.

Cadance chuckled, headed out of the room, and closed the door. A few seconds later, there was a noise coming from out the door. Dusk and the girls looked at the door and got worried. Then a bunch of masked ponies in full body disguises came rushing in, and grabbed all five of them.

"No witnesses," said one of the ponies. It was a voice that Nyx recognized.

"That... that voice... I..." Nyx said before she was knocked out.

"Silence, monster," said that same pony. That pony then knocked out the rest of the foals. Then they were all put into a large sack, and taken out of the room, and headed towards the exit. But, that didn't go unnoticed. Cadance and Shining Armor saw the crime happening.

"Guards!" Shining Armor shouted. "We got foalnappers!" But they were too late. The foalnappers made it out of the castle, and lost in the streets of the Crystal Empire.

"This isn't good," said Cadance. "I gotta tell Twilight about what happened."

"Those ponies are going to regret messing with my sister's kids," said Shining Armor. He then walked into the room where the foals were staying, and growled. "Whoever those ponies were, I'll make sure that they'll be punished."

Author's Note:

Okay. So Dusk, Nyx and the Crusaders were foalnapped by disguised ponies. This is going to be very interesting. In the next chapter, the place where you voted will be displayed. Thank you for reading my story. Hopefully Twilight won't over react.

This won't end well.