• Published 28th Nov 2020
  • 8,324 Views, 451 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk II: The Shining Path - Mister E-Nonymous



Dusk Shine has been having a good life in Equestria ever since he inhabited his new body. Dusk is now having a lot of fun, and his new mom, Twilight, has officially become Equestria's newest Princess. Hopefully, things might not be crazy. YEAH RIGHT!

  • ...
8
 451
 8,324

Chapter 18: The Equestria Games

Chapter 18: The Equestria Games


The ponies representing Ponyville were on a train to the Crystal Empire for the Friendship Games. Twilight, Dusk and Nyx had already went ahead towards the Crystal Empire for some preparations of the Equestria Games. He was unloading a purple duffel bag, and he put it onto a luggage cart.

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were getting nervous about presenting the Ponyville Flag. Spike thought of a surefire technique for the Cutie Mark Crusaders to do well in the flag carrying. He told them to count to ten if they get nervous. But then he was taken by two crystal guard ponies. They rushed him towards the Crystal Palace where he was placed in front of Twilight, Dusk, Nyx and Cadance.

He fell in front of them. Twilight was worried and asked, "Spike! Are you all right?"

Both of the guards got worried, and one of them said, "A thousand pardons, O Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious."

Spike got up, looked at the guards and asked, "Huh? Who the what now?"

"Thanks for bringing Spike to us," Cadance said to the guards. Then they walked away. She then wrapped a foreleg around Spike and said, "It's okay, Spike. We'll have our hoofponies go back for your bags."

The four alicorns started heading into the Crystal Palace with Spike following. Still confused about what Cadance said, he asked, "Uh, can they hang back a second and tell me what's going on first?"


Dusk and Nyx were walking into the room they were staying in, and the two of them were having a conversation.

"Seriously?" Dusk asked. "The Cadance of your world was pregnant?"

"Yep," Nyx said. "I was looking forward to seeing that baby." She then sighed. "I wished I could have been there."

Dusk pulled her in for a hug and said, "It'll be okay, Nyx. You might not be able to see what happens in your Equestria, but I can tell you this. Things have been a lot more interesting ever since we've been here. We met Daring Do. We found the future daughters of Pinkie Pie. I really appreciate you being my sister."

Nyx smiled, and rubbed her cheek against Dusk's, saying, "Thank you, Dusk. I'm glad to have a brother like you." Then the two of them headed out of the room. They headed down the halls of the Crystal Palace, and headed out. Right as they left the palace, they were greeted by Princess Luna.

"Princess Luna?" Dusk asked.

"There you two are," said Princess Luna. "Your mother, Princess Twilight, was going to wait for you, but she was needed to guide Spike towards the stage where he has to light the torch to start the games."

"Whoa," said Dusk. "Lucky."

"Wait, you've been to the Equestria Games?" Nyx asked.

"No," said Dusk. "We had something similar to that in my world. The Olympic Games. Many athletes from all over the world compete in these games for their country."

"How many countries are their in your world?" Nyx asked.

"According to Dusk's original family, almost 200," said Princess Luna.

"Wow," said Nyx. "That's a lot of countries."

"And yet, it is my sister and I that rotate the sun and moon around the world we walk," said Princess Luna as she was leading the two foals towards the arena. The alicorns and the dignitaries were all put into a certain spot in the arena.


The Equestria Games went off a little disturbing. Especially for Spike's perspective. He was nervous that so many ponies and griffons were going to watch him light up the torch. He couldn't even blow a single flame. Twilight secretly used her magic to light the flame for Spike. He then thought he could ignite something with his mind. He was a little upset when he heard that it was Twilight who lit it for him.

Then Spike tried redeeming himself by singing the anthem to the winning team of the aerial relay. Too bad he didn't know it was the anthem to Cloudsdale, and he did terrible for that.

Dusk and Nyx went in to check on Spike after Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo left. They saw that Spike was packing up stuff for tomorrow.

"Spike?" Nyx asked. "Are you okay?"

"Just leave me alone," Spike said. "I have packing to do."

"We don't have to leave first thing in the morning, Spike," Dusk said. "So you messed up. Everyone makes mistakes. Humans, ponies, even dragons."

"Like the time when Pinkie Pie wanted me to turn Fluttershy into a tree," Nyx said. "She wouldn't stop bugging me until I did it. Twilight undid it, and calmed me down."

"And there's that time I got sick and my magic hit the lamp in my room," Dusk said.

Spike chuckled and said, "That was funny. The lamp was singing and dancing all over the library." He then sighed. "But, it might not be enough for me to come back out. What if I mess up again?"

"Don't worry, Spike," Dusk said. "Everything will be okay."

"Spike?" Twilight's voice called out. She walked into the room and saw Spike, Dusk and Nyx in the room. "Oh, I was wondering where you two were. Trying to lighten up Spike's mood?"

"We're trying our best, Twilight," Nyx said.

"Well, I'll handle it from here," said Twilight. "You two head on up back to the booth. I'll meet you there."

Making their way out of the room. They headed towards the stadium. As they were about to go towards their seats, they were stopped by Blueblood when he got in their way.

Dusk groaned and said, "What do you want, Blueblood?"

"That's Prince Blueblood," he said, a bit grouchy. He then looked at the two of them. He looked at Dusk and said, "You can enter. But she can't." He pointed at Nyx, making her a little upset.

"No way," said Dusk. "She's my sister. She was invited to attend the games, too."

"Not on my list," said Prince Blueblood.

"What's going on here?" came a voice from behind Blueblood. Dusk and Nyx looked behind Blueblood and saw Princess Cadance walking towards them. "Blueblood, what are you doing to my nephew and niece?"

"Stay out of this, Cadance," said Prince Blueblood. "I will not allow a monster to...."

"Call Nyx a monster again, and I will make sure that you'll lose your royal status," Cadance said, angrily. "Dusk, Nyx, let's get you to your seats."

Dusk and Nyx walked passed Blueblood and headed towards their seats. Blueblood walked away from the seats, went down the hall, and quietly said, "This isn't over, Nightmare Moon. I'll make sure that you get what you truly deserve."


Spike had officially gotten better. During the archery competition, one of the archers tripped and shot an ice arrow into a cloud right above the stadium. Many of the pegasi tried to prevent it from crashing into the stadium. Spike jumped on many pegasi, and blue a huge burst of fire into the frozen cloud, making it go into a lot of rain.

The ponies were impressed by Spike's action, they decided to let him light the fireworks at the end of the event. And later that night, Twilight tucked Dusk and Nyx into their beds in the room they were staying.

"Good night, you two," Twilight said to them.

Nyx yawned and said, "Good night... Twilight..." She dozed off. Twilight kissed her on the forehead and looked towards Dusk.

"Mom," Dusk said. "Nyx is worried that she'll never be accepted here. Especially by the dignitaries."

"Yes, I suppose that's true," said Twilight. "But, they are too snotty to see the truth in Nyx. I'm sure that they'll be able to accept her as a real pony and not as Nightmare Moon." Twilight looked over at Nyx and said, "She deserves love, not hatred."

Dusk smiled and said, "No way we're going to let naysayers hurt Nyx. Hopefully, Nyx will be accepted by all of the ponies soon."

"I hope so, too," Twilight said before kissing Dusk's forehead. "Now get some sleep. We're going back home to Ponyville."

"Okay, Mom," Dusk said. He yawned and then snuggled up into his bed. Twilight turned the lights off and headed towards his bed. Hopefully, things might be better.

Author's Note:

Blueblood is getting a lot more antsy. He might as well take care of things himself. In other words, he's gonna try to end Nyx once and for all. He's hoping that Twilight will be free when Nyx is gone, right?

Oh, he's gonna get it. :ajsmug::rainbowlaugh: