• Published 27th Aug 2020
  • 653 Views, 16 Comments

The Traveller - LavenderRain24



Sapphire goes on the adventure of a lifetime filled with fun, mystery, magic and danger.

  • ...
1
 16
 653

Chapter 11 - The Sun Princess

Entering the long corridor that led up to the throne room, the 3 mares walked in a steady pace as they passed several guards lining the hall. Sapphire couldn't help but feel their eyes staring right at her as they walked by. "Is it just me or are they focused on me?" she asked in a whispered soft voice to Princess Twilight.

"Haha, probably... it is your first time in this castle after all. Don't worry, they're just making sure you don't cause trouble. Heck, the captain at the gate probably warned them already." Twilight laughed as she led the mares up to the room. Sapphire looked to her left at the large tall stain glassed windows showing pictures of what looked like events that may have happened in the past.

"Twilight, what are those pictures on the windows? Do they mean anything? They're beautiful." Twilight stopped and looked at 3 windows of a yellow stained glass, a pink stained glass, and a blue stained glass.

"Actually half of them do tell stories of accomplishments that make big changes in Equestria. Such as this pink one, It shows when I was crowned the Princess of Friendship last year. That was one of the hardest quests of my life that I had to solve and fix. I accidentally switched the talents and cutie marks of my closest friends so they didn't know who they were anymore. I had to figure out what I did and create a new spell to undo the one I did by mistake. At the time, I felt like a failure to my friends and mentor, Princess Celestia. But in the end, I received an unexpected gift for fixing what I had done wrong. I gained my friends back, and I became an Alicorn which meant I was given the title of Princess. I use to be just a regular unicorn before getting my wings. And I use to hate the idea of friends and friendship as I was too focused on studying my personal projects. But now I'm a different pony, I can't imagine life without having friends now."

"Wow... sounds like you've been through a lot." Sapphire breathed in awe of her story. Just then a guard put a hoof out in front of the group.

"Wait here please." he commanded and disappeared behind the large brown and gold double doors. that closed behind him with a echoed creek and a thud. The ponies waited somewhat awkwardly in front of the single guard left to stand at the door. Then the guard returned with a hint of a smile at the corners of his mouth, "You may enter. The Princess is waiting." He let the group enter as he reopens the door just enough for him to follow behind them and close it afterwards. Sapphire looked back at the guard who straighten his posture before standing guard on the inside of the throne room.

The mares walk down a long red carpet that was rolled out on the white marble tiles that shone in the sun beaming through the windows on each side of the large interior. The mare tried to move a part of her headscarf over her bandaged wound to try and hide it from the High Princess.

"Princess Twilight! My most faithful student..." the white mare stood twice as tall as the rest of the ponies in the hall. She must be a fully grown pony... Sapphire thought to herself as she walked behind Twilight and Zecora.

"Do not get a fright young Sapphire. She doesn't greet her ponies with a bite." The zebra chuckled mildly under her breath as the princess of the sun walked towards the ponies and met them halfway along the carpet. Giving Twilight a warm welcome in the form of a hug, she raised her head and looked towards Zecora.

"Welcome Zecora! I trust Equestria has treated you well?" Zecora bowed by kneeling on one front leg for a brief moment before replying.

"Yes Your Highness, and I have made many friends... including a new one to bless." Celestia was confused but when Zecora stepped aside to reveal the lavender coloured mare with black frizzy hair and a white headscarf wrapped around her face, she was so surprised that her purple eyes widened.

"Oh hello. I haven't seen you around before, where have you come from may I ask?" she waited for a response but Twilight cut into the conversation before Sapphire could reply.

"Uh, excuse me Princess, but this is a rather delicate situation. This... is Sapphire Stone. She's...." She motioned Princess Celestia to lower to her level and Twilight whispered something to the Alicorn with aurora coloured wavy flowing mane and tail that sparkled in the sun. Once Twilight finished whispering, Celestia was stunned silent.

"Oh my! You're a very long way from home aren't you young one?" she stepped towards the mare who suddenly felt her eyes grow watery and a tear escaped down the left side of her face.

"H-hey, are you ok?" Twilight asked when she noticed Sapphire was crying silently. She didn't want to burst out in tears at that moment but she'd been holding it in the whole time since the incident in the cave.

"No..... I'm so sorry.... I did't mean to... it's just... I guess it finally got to me... this whole mess. You know? Sniff I just want to be back home with my dad, Pete.... Amir... just... people. I already love spending time with you ponies but I just want to go home." She bowed her head as she tried her best to stop sobbing in front of royalty.

Celestia gave a sad smile to show her sympathy for the mare and lifted the pony's chin up to face her, "Sapphire Stone, you are more than welcome here. You know... I actually have a map to an old temple that still holds a magic staff that can teleport you anywhere you wish, I actually felt a strong signal of magic coming from it as use to belong to me..." She slightly bowed her head as she revealed a long forgotten truth about her past.

Twilight was shocked, "WAIT! YOU were part of the old organisation of The Protectors under rule by Queen Chrysalis herself?? You've never mentioned that before Princess!"

"You know where the staff is that could take me home?!" Sapphire blurted out just realising that it sounded a little rude. "Oh... hehe sorry."

"I thought we'd have to get permission to go to find Queen Chrysalis outside of Equestria to find the answers..." Twilight laughed aloud awkwardly as Celestia glared at the young princess.

"Twilight... you might still have to find her..." thee white mare bowed her head slightly, "I don't know everything about the staffs as it was Chrysalis who originally created them from a cave of ancient gemstones that we had found long ago." The 3 mares were confused.

"Princess, what do you mean by 'we' found them?" Celestia looked at her student and decided it was time she knew a secret from her past.

"Chrysalis and I... when we were fillies," tears began forming in her eyes turning her vision slightly hazy, "she was my best friend!"

Author's Note:

Princess Celestia was part of the original "The Protectors" group that protected the land! And she unveiled a deep secret that she was close friends with the very queen that defeated her at the wedding of Canterlot!

Comments ( 7 )

Does Auizotil appear in this story?

10454444
I'm afraid I don't know who that character is.

10454488
Mainly one of Daring Do's main foes ...the other being Doctor C ...

10454715
OH is that the one that has the five hands (one being on his long tail)? Possibly... it depends how it plays out... I'm just going with the flow as I don't have any plans on how its going to turn out in the end apart from that fact that she'll be returned home safely of course.

10454830
Yeah, as I said, it could be a possibility but I'm not sure at this point in the story. It depends on how the plot plays out. When it comes to writing stories, I sometimes have thorough plans for them before I start writing them out, but most of the time I start with a title, character idea, a scene, or even a subject idea and work from that. Music, movies and pictures often inspire my stories as well. So it just depends how it plays out.

what is this a crossover of?

Login or register to comment