• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 337 Views, 6 Comments

The Flames of Friendship - FlameStar05



FlameStar wants to learn friendship to help his lingering fear. Easier said than done.

  • ...
 6
 337

The Crystal Problem

Author's Note:

Hey guys. Just a quick note in this chapter. Because we don't see Flurry Heart grown up in The Last Problem, I had to get creative with her personality. Dont hate me. Other than that Enjoy!

Last time, our hero, FlameStar came to Canterlot and met Princess Twilight Sparkle. She took him to Ponyville where he wanted to go. There he met the Defenders of Equestria and befriended them. That evening, he had a nightmare about ponies fearing him and his mark. Just before FlameStar was gonna be affected, Luna, the former ruler of the night appeared and comforted him. She told him how to address his fear: by making more friends. FlameStar decides to learn all there is to know about friendship. He then decided to meet Twilight the next day and In that same day, he meets Sunburst and Starlight Glimmer, the Vice Headstallion and Headmare of the School of Friendship. Seeing there was no way for FlameStar to learn friendship before the Festival, The Cutie Map calls him on a friendship quest to the Crystal Mountains. What's next for our fine young unicorn?

As FlameStar arrived at the Crystal Empire, he couldn't help but think about his encounter with Luna.

"I don't understand." FlameStar sighed. "I thought I moved on from that...." FlameStar just sighed again feeling pretty down and low. He walked around trying to find a friendship problem. "So... Starlight told me that the problem will come to me." FlameStar remarked. He then looked at the castle up ahead. "So maybe I should visit the castle but I'll be doing it on purpose rather than accident..." he chuckled mischievously.

About a few minutes later, he finds his way to the castle. The guards stop him from moving any further.

"HALT!" one guard yelled.

"Why are you trying to enter the Crystal Castle?" the other guard asked.

"I'm here on an official friendship quest." FlameStar responded. "The map called me to The Crystal Empire."

"Its ok sirs." a pink alicorn assured.

The guards nodded. "Very well then. Entrance be granted."

"Thank you" FlameStar said.

"My Crystaller, Sunburst told me to be on the lookout for a red unicorn from Ponyville." she explained. "I'm Princess Cadence."

"I'm FlameStar, your majesty"

"Nice to meet you FlameStar. Come up inside. I'd like you to meet the rest of the rulers." She then teleported away. FlameStar followed suit.

FlameStar and Cadence reappeared in the castle throne room where a unicorn was waiting.

"I'm guessing you found the pony?" The unicorn asked.

"I'm guessing you're her... husband?" FlameStar said unsure.

"Shining Armor." He said. "I rule alongside Cadence and peace was upheld for a long time."

"I see."

"We have a daughter who is training to be our successor one day."

"I would like to meet her."

FlameStar went with Cadence and Shining Armor to Flurry's room

"So if I fire that one and make dad do twice the work--" the pony hears a knock on her door. "EHH...Come in!" FlameStar and the others arrive. "Oh... hey mom hey dad. Who is he?" th pony asked.

"This is FlameStar. He was sent here by your aunt." Cadence answered.

"Is there any problems between your friends?" FlameStar asked.

"Not that I can recall."

"Well... Starlight did say the problem will come to me."

"Sorry, little pony."

Not too long later, FlameStar wandered through the castle wondering about his problem.

"I don't understand... why would the map call me? And what problem do I need to solve?" Before he cogo deeper into his thoughts, he heard a smoke alarm!"

"Help! Somepony!!"

"Somepony's in trouble!" FlameStar rushed to where the smoke came from. The smoke came from the kitchen and someone forgot to take out some lasagna.

"You need to leave now!" One chef pony said. FlameStar studied the fire.

"... No." FlameStar said before walking toward the blaze. The chef pony tried to stop FlameStar.

"You don't understand, Kid! That could burn the castle down!"

"Unhand my hoof, sir. I'll take care of this." FlameStar said. He then closed his eyes and his cutie mark animated itself burning.

"Obey me, Fire..." FlameStar chanted. "Obey and go out." In seconds, the fire vanished.

"How did you do it?!"

"Shh..." FlameStar remarked. His cutie mark stopped animating. "You saw nothing here... what happened?"

"Danny forgot to close the oven... AGAIN. That's the 3rd time this week"

"Does it bother you that your friend does that?"

"Yes!" The chef said. FlameStar was happy.

"My Friendship Problem!" FlameStar exclaimed. "You can count on me!"

About a few hours later, the 2 cooks made amends and FlameStar's cutie mark glowed again.

"Mission accomplished. That was a bit too easy though..." FlameStar pondered. "My first Friendship Adventure was so very easy that I feel like I was set up..." This assaulted FlameStar on his way back to Canterlot.

FlameStar arrived at Canterlot Castle where the Council of Friendship was meeting.

"FlameStar! Welcome back!" Twilight greeted.

"Heya." FlameStar responded. "Sorry it took so long I was--"

"In the Crystal Empire because you were called by the map, couldn't find the problem, stopped a raging inferno, resolved the problem and came back here thinking it was too easy?!" Pinkie said.

"Pinkie, I don't think that's what happened." Applejack replied.

"Nope. She's spot on." FlameStar answered. He then turned to Pinkie. "How'd you know though?"

"Just a hunch."

"Well, I'm glad to see your first friendship problem was a success." Twilight said.

"Isn't the map connected to some power source?" FlameStar asked.

"The Tree of Harmony." Twilight answered. "The map is connected to the tree and it chooses the problems." Just then a sparkly version of Twilight appeared.

"It is true" the sparkly Twilight said.

"Is this some kind of joke?" FlameStar asked.

"If it is, it's a lame one." Pinkie said.

"Rest assured. It is no joke. I am the Tree of Harmony."

"That is so AWESOME!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"Listen FlameStar. One day, you will have to carry out a big task for Equestria. One that could change everything." The Tree explained. "That's why I sent you on that quest. To help you harness the power of your cutie mark."

"Twilight did say something about your cutie mark, FlameStar." Fluttershy remarked. "You had a nightmare about it and Luna gave you counseling and that got you interested in friendship."

"Yeah... so... Why would you send me on that quest then, Tree of Harmony?"

"You must face your fear of your mark."

"Fear? What fear?" Twilight asked.

"I... I don't wanna talk about it! Yeesh." FlameStar said.

"Face your fear, FlameStar!" The tree bellowed. "FACE IT!" not to long after, the Tree of harmony Twilight dissapeared.

"FlameStar? What's going on..?" Twilight asked. FlameStar was worried.

Comments ( 6 )

Great story

10291874
Thank you. I try but I don't think I'm all that good.

But as long you keep on try you be good as it

10292394
Thanks for the advice! I'll keep at it.

Shouldn't FlameStar be two words?

10398444
It could be one word or 2. I thought 1 would work best otherwise, FlameStar would sound like a copy paste of Twilight Sparkle

Login or register to comment