• Published 30th Apr 2020
  • 198 Views, 2 Comments

Moonflower - A-Shortfall-Of-Gravitas



Luna becomes good friends with a Lunar guard. Or maybe more.

  • ...
 2
 198

Chapter 1: Luna Spends Time With A Friend

Author's Note:

So me and a friend were just casually talking to each other on discord.
Until I showed me a picture of Luna (the cover image)
which inspired the story you're about to read.

And I wish the story was on a beach but no it isn't. Living somewhere where there's a beach almost everywhere you look I think I've gotten tired of beaches. Anyways, enjoy the story.

Dunkel and Luna were just casually wandering the halls of the castle until Luna's Ice Cream fell off the cone.
"Dunkel, could you get me some more Ice Cream?" Instead of Luna loving cake she loved ice cream, specifically vanilla ice cream.

With a flash of his horn he made some more ice cream appear. "There all better now." Dunkel and Luna were both close friends even though Dunkel was a Lunar guard.

Luna just kept eating her ice cream this time being careful not to let it fall off the cone. Once she was done eating the ice cream she of course ate the cone.

"That ice cream was good Dunkel" She said with obvious satisfaction in her voice.

"Remind me next time to try some then." A small smirk appeared on the Dunkel's face. He just couldn't resist being himself around the princess.

To Luna, Dunkel was the only real pony she could talk to from the heart besides her sister. The last pony she could talk to from the heart was Bulwerk which surprisingly was Dunkels Great Great Great Great x200 Grandfather.
Luna sometimes imagined being in love with Dunkel, though she knew it would probably never happen. But today was different.

"Um... Dunkel, can you carry me to my chambers?" Almost immediately Luna started to blush. She attempted to hide the blush with a wing but her attempt proved futile.

It was almost time to raise the moon so to Dunkel carrying her to her chambers couldn't hurt. "Sure, why not." Using his magic he picked Luna up and Placed her on his back and began walking to her chambers.

When Dunkel finally arrives at the door to her chambers he takes Luna off his back with his magic and softly and places her on the floor. "Thank you!" Luna said with a blush still evident on her face.

Dunkel lets out a small chuckle. "It's nothing Luna."

"It's Something! I've never had a stallion pick me up before" Again she attempts to cover her face with her wing but like her first attempt, it proved futile.

"Well, not every stallion is the same, and some of them are more of a gentlestallion than they are anything else, plus some mares deserve more than they get." He says with a smile.

"You're younger than you look, I myself would've called you a gentlecolt" Luna actually meant what she said, he really did look young.

"Pf, i may look young but i sure don't act the part" he rolled his eyes at her comment before adding "plus last i checked not many colt's are my size"

Luna actually misunderstood what he said. "y-you're size?" When she said it, it made her sound so innocent.

"No i mean height silly, don't let your mind drift too far down that gutter" He said with a little laugh "Besides what type of stallion would I be if I talked like that?"

"Certainly not a very good one" Luna said somewhat cheerfully.

"Well Luna you should go raise the moon before it gets any later" Raising the moon late would result in angry citizens, so avoiding that was a good thing.

"Perhaps you would like to join me for some coffee later?" Instead of tea Luna liked coffee she would sometimes drink tea but only if really necessary.

"I would love to, what time do you suggest?"

Luna was genuinely excited to spend more time with him. "Right after I lower the moon."

"So should I wait here or?" Raising and lowering the moon was a quick process.

"you can wait right out here Dunkel, I'll only be a minute"

"um ok then" Luna opened the door to her chambers, went inside and then closed it right behind her.

"Only a minute, she said.”

Dunkel finally sees the moon being lowered until it went below the horizon and the sun being risen marking the start of a new day. And like clockwork Luna came out of her chamber and started trotting down the hall.

"Aren't you coming Dunkel?" Dunkel was waiting until she said something like come or follow me but I guess what Luna said works.

"Y-yeah, I just spaced out a bit. Make sure to hit me next time I do that" He let out a small chuckle after saying that. Dunkel tended to daydream a lot.

"Um ok, follow me." She says, continuing to walk.

"Right behind ya.... literally." he said as he was Literally right behind her, not like
face in her tail close that would be weird.

"We're going to the dining room, or would you prefer the tea room" Either one was okay with Luna, but the tea room had a couch.

"It doesn't matter to me, you're the mare in the situation so it's your choice."

"I'm a princess and I'm asking you, so?"

"Smart you're playing the I am higher in the social classes than you card, but I guess the tea room is fine." Dunkel also knew it had a couch.

"Well Dunkel you know the way, so why don't you lead."
. . .
"Equestria to Dunkel." It seems he really did space out this time.

"Sorry sorry, mind you I space out more than you think." He says shaking his
head and again heading towards the tea room. "Just hit me next time I do that."

"I would never." Luna would never actually hit Dunkel unless she had a real reason.

On the way there you pass Gold, a new alicorn in Equestria. Commonly Known as Gold Rings. He was left without a mother or father and became an orphan. All his life he had been casting a spell to keep his wings invisible until it one day failed and well, I'm pretty sure you can tell what happened from there.

Using a telepathic spell Gold says to Dunkel 'Lucky Bastard'. Dunkel wanted to say something back like 'Mind your own, you already have mares flocking your flank' but his horn was badly damaged due to an accident.

"Oh hello Gold!" Luna said, giving him a hug.

Dunkel chuckles a little waiting for Luna to wrap up her interaction with Gold.

"It's nice to see you Luna," Gold said as he returned the hug.

"Gold would you mind if you took over the night court for me?" Luna had 'other plans' for tonight instead of watching and listening to ponies debate laws and such.

"Not at all Luna" Gold's sleep schedule was already wack. So staying up a bit later couldn't hurt.

"Thank you Gold I will see you later then" Luna says as she waves goodbye with a wing, Gold doing the same.

"I am guessing you and Gold know each other well." Dunkel says as they continue on towards the tea room.

"Me and Celestia like to think of him as our brother, he has yet to accept the title as our brother though."

"He's a very reluctant individual at times, though if you pester him enough he'll cave." Dunkel says with a chuckle.

"Perhaps you could talk about it with him for me." Surprisingly Gold and Dunkel knew each other, he actually knew him before all of Equestria found out he was an alicorn.

"Eh, maybe, I may own a good bit of land but i don't own his thoughts and i am not the type to do another's dirty work
for them. Now in some random separate dimension maybe I was unlucky and lost an eye and half my face along with my horn, and I definitely was the type to do another's work because I decided to stay in the guard but I am not in this dimension, definitely not."
He had to breathe for a moment after that, that was too much speculation for his liking.

Luna looks at him in confusion. "I'm just asking that you talk to him."

"I know I'm being weird, don't let it go to your head. But I'll talk to him, I think some coffee and a nice conversation will butter him up enough." Gold loved coffee just like Luna. Maybe that's why he can't sleep.

"Thank you" She gives Dunkel a small nuzzle on the cheek.

"It's nothing" He say finally blushing a little, but not so much so as to be very noticable. They continue walking to the tea room.

After a long walk they finally reach the tea room and just before Luna opens the door she says.
"And Dunkel don't think I didn't notice that blush"

Comments ( 1 )

10209449
there's still more to come so it's going to get it's fair share of tlc

Login or register to comment