• Published 15th Aug 2020
  • 1,246 Views, 191 Comments

Wherever the Light Shines: Part 2 - MLPSolarDash1907



After fighting off a lion, Mystic discovers a plan to invade the land of Equestria. Deciding to travel there, she's unaware she'll run into six familiar faces. In the Crystal Empire, Starlight is looking into spell hypotheses and wants to crack them.

  • ...
5
 191
 1,246

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31 - A Gala crashed

Ponies from all over Equestria have been streaming into the city. All of them were dressed up or looked nice for the massive event happening tonight. Fireworks shot off into the sky, giving off multiple colors of purple, green, yellow, and blue hearts. The Wonderbolts did their daring spirals and spins in the sky with their smoke and lightning trailing behind them as if they were jets. The majestic Princess Celestia went from one cloud to another, leaving a trail of glitter behind her. Finally, two large fireworks spiraled into the sky before exploding into bright purple with some green to follow.

The Grand Galloping Gala has begun!!


An hour into the Gala, ponies tended the massive souvenir tables of food, drinks, and some games to play outdoors. Kids laughed and cheered as their parents watched them. Friends talked with one another, some family members reunited with one another due to living far apart, and some just enjoyed the musicians playing.

The Wonderbolts put on a few shows before they went to their VIP area to meet and greet fans, once Soarin got his apple pie of course.

However, while the Gala was going off without a hitch, this Gala is much bigger than any ones beforehoof.

Inside the castle, ponies danced gracefully while the leaders of the Dragon Lands, Griffonstone, Yakyakistan, the Changeling Kingdom, and Seaquestria are attending.

Dragon Lord Ember told the kids stories about the dragons and her kingdom and even breathing out fire, but away from the ponies and flammable items.

Grampa Gruff just huffed and went away whenever ponies tried to talk to him, being his grumpy self as usual.

Prince Rutherford has been happily and loudly enjoying himself, while accidentally and intentionally smashing things.

Thorax and Ocellus caught up with one another and the young changeling shared what she learned from Twilight’s school.

Thorax is considering letting more changelings enter the school and maybe Ocellus could tutor them when needed, which the young changeling felt honored to be thought of in that way.

Silverstream showed Princess Skystar the stairs across the Gala, Skystar showed Silverstream her new shell collections as Queen Novo occasionally glanced over in amusement before talking with some of Canterlot’s citizens.

Discord and the Smooze have arrived as well and the draconequus promised to behave.

Most of the time.

Yes, everything was going on as planned, everycreature is enjoying themselves as part of the creature exchange the kingdom’s have been going through for the past few months. Celestia is hoping this improves their relationships drastically so they’d feel more united in friendship.

Standing on top of the stairs as she does every Grand Galloping Gala, Celestia is busy shaking ponies’ hooves and greeting them. She’s smiling on the outside; however, she’s been thinking about Twilight and her friends not being able to be here to witness this historic occasion.

The letter telling her that they won’t be coming, shocked her and Luna. Twilight had been really wanting to come, not only for the occasion, but it’s her students’ first time at the Gala.

However, she knew how much she and her friends valued Starlight and her friendship, so she allowed them to go. When she told the leaders of the different kingdoms, they were surprised and some (Ember and Rutherford) demanded to know why.

Celestia explained why and they calmed down, but were massively disappointed for some of their good friends not attending, but Celestia encouraged them to enjoy the Gala and to take the example of going after a friend and helping them in need as an example of friendship, so by doing that, it shows the strength of friendship.

The Young Six were somewhat devastated as their teachers were thinking about showing them around Canterlot after the Gala, and seeing where Headmare Twilight grew up at, but Celestia promised she would do it afterwards. The Sun Princess is putting a lot on herself, but ruling for 1,000 years alone, she’s used to it. Luna would help, but she has to watch over ponies in their dreams and protect them from their nightmares.


Speaking of Luna, she made her way up a different flight of stairs to her elderly sister. She’s wearing a purple, shiny dress with some starry patterns and the moon on her chest. She smiled briefly at the guests coming up to meet her sister before she joined her side.

“Enjoying shaking hooves with the citizens of Equestria?” she asked.

Celestia slightly rolled her eyes, “It’s wonderful, but it’s exhausting at the same time.”

“I’ve gotten the guards and soldiers patrolling the Castle and Canterlot’s borders to make sure nocreature can get in,” said Luna, furrowing her brows, “We need to be prepared just in case considering the latest attempt at an invasion.”

“Good,” said Celestia, shaking some ponies’ hooves, “As for the leaders of the other kingdoms, they’re really enjoying this wonderful evening.”

“Indeed,” said Luna, “But I’m still concerned about things.”

“I know you are, sister, but we’re prepared just as you said.”

“I know, I know, but I keep suspecting something else might happen,” Luna inquired, “I mean, this is a huge event, larger than most events beforehoof.”

Celestia sighed, Luna has been more on edge lately due to her visions, and she has every right to be concerned.

“I just wish Twilight and her friends just stuck around for the Gala,” Luna added.

Celestia looked at Luna incredulously, “Even after Starlight just disappeared like that? It seems odd, Luna. You know how connected they are.”

“I know Starlight, she’s a strong unicorn. I believe she would be fine even after the Gala tonight.”

“Are you saying that they shouldn’t have gone after her?”

“No,” Luna sighed, “I’m sorry, sister, I’m just... I just believe having them here would make me feel better.”

Celestia wrapped a comforting wing around her sister, “I get it, it was surprising and out of nowhere for everypony and everycreature here.” She frowned, “However, we couldn’t just cancel the Gala just because of them.”

“I suppose so,” Luna looked away, “I can’t find myself to enjoy tonight, sister. I think I’m just going to go to observation deck to make sure we’re safe.”

Celestia nodded, “I understand. Good night, sister.”

“Good night, sister,” replied Luna before giving Celestia a brief nuzzle.


Celestia continued greeting ponies, but Luna’s concerns got her a little on edge lately, too. A part of her wanted to shut Luna up and keep her concerns at bay and enjoy herself. But these visions really bothered her. Maybe once the Gala’s over she and Luna can try again to discern what they meant.


Down at the dining tables, a familiar group of six friends from each of their kingdoms reunited at an empty table. Each of them had something nice on, Smolder had on a purple top hat, Gallus wore a black bowtie, Ocellus wore a pink bow on her head, Sandbar a blue tie, Silverstream a pretty pink tiara and shell slippers made by Skystar, and Yona wore a large white hat with a purple bow tied on.

“Hey hey hey everycreature!” Sandbar greeted them, “All of you look fancy tonight!”

Ocellus giggled, “As do you, Sandbar.”

“Yona agree with Sandbar and Ocellus!” the young yak beamed, “Gala fun party!”

“If you say so,” Smolder shrugged, “The dancing and socializing seems totally lame with those high-class ponies.”

“Eh, it’s not so bad,” said Sandbar.

“You’re a pony, of course you’d say that.”

“I don’t know, Smolder,” Gallus smirked, “I thought I saw you dancing with a couple of ponies.”

Smolder blushed, “I was not!”

The others chuckled at the dragon’s expense, causing her blush to grow.

Ocellus wrapped a foreleg around her, “It’s okay, Smolder, we all love you.”

Smolder pulled away, annoyed, “I’m telling you; I wasn’t dancing. I’ve only enjoyed the gems they provided here!”

“Suuuuurreee,” Gallus smirked widely.

“Hey guys!” Silverstream bubbled, showing off her seashell shoes, “Check these out!”

Everycreature else blinked.

“Uhhh, they look...weird,” Smolder spoke.

“I know!” Silverstream cheered, “They’re Skystar’s first pair and she wanted me to try them on!” She giggled as she examined them, “They feel great and I managed to convince her to let me try them on!”

“They look different but perfect for Silverstream!” Yona commented.

“Thank you, Yona!”

Everycreature else, amused, smiled and agreed with Yona.

“I still think they’re weird though,” said Smolder.

“Be nice, Smolder,” Ocellus advised, causing the dragon to shrug. “Anyway, I’ve told Thorax all the amazing stuff we’ve been learning this semester at Twilight’s school.”

“That sounds interesting,” said Sandbar, “But didn’t you mention he has a brother?”

“Yes, Pharynx. He couldn’t make it tonight for Kingdom reasons and because he doesn’t think much of parties.”

“I heard you mention Pinkie throwing him a party at the Changeling Kingdom anyway,” Smolder added.

“Yes,” Ocellus giggled, “And Thorax had him go along with the events after a bet they’d made.” Everycreature else giggled.

“I would’ve loved to have seen that,” said Gallus.

“Needless to say, after that, Pharynx hasn’t considered going to parties since. But, back to Thorax, he’s even considering letting some more changelings to come and learn friendship, too.”

“That sounds awesome!” Sandbar stated.

“I agree!” Silverstream bubbled, “I’d love to have more changeling friends!” She gasped, “Oh, I’d love to meet more from all of your kingdoms!”

“Do you think they’d become great friends like us?” Ocellus asked.

“I don’t know about that,” said Gallus, sitting in a chair, “We’re pretty amazing together. Not to mention, we saved Equestria from an evil pegasus.”

Everycreature couldn’t argue with that point.

“Plus, we have connection to Tree,” Yona added.

“I still think we should tell the professors about that,” said Sandbar.

“We will, but it’d be great for all of our kingdoms to send more of their citizens to learn more and more about friendship,” Ocellus stated, to which everycreature agreed.

“We have great professors, the very best.”

Smolder groaned, “Shame that they left before this massive event. I mean, didn’t they plan on this for months?”

“Yes, but if I were them, I’d worry about Guidance Counsellor Starlight, too,” said Ocellus.

“And you care about the Gala going on, Smolder?” Gallus teased.

“I do not!” Smolder snapped, “I just felt a little bad for our professors!” She snarled, “I swear, you’re sometimes...” She snorted out some smoke through her nostrils before turning away, Gallus grinned smugly.

Yona gazed to her left and spotted Thorax and Ember talking with one another. Thorax said something that caused Ember to laugh a little before she playfully punched his shoulder, causing him to blush. Yona smirked.

“Yona think changeling and dragon are into each other,” she muttered.

“Oh, that’s just them being sweet on one another,” said Gallus.

“I don’t know, they seem into one another,” Sandbar smirked.

“Please, a dragon and a changeling?” Smolder crossed her arms, “I don’t know how’d that work out in the long run.”

“How do you mean, Smolder?” Sandbar asked.

“I mean, what do you do after you get married? You have kids, how would that work out?”

Sandbar paused, and rubbed the back of his head.

“W-We don’t know even if they are together,” Ocellus spoke up.

“But it still makes for some good gossiping,” Gallus said with a wink, knowing Ocellus hates the spread of gossip.

“Don’t even think about it!”

“Too late.”

Ocellus groaned.

“Besides, if they are together, who’s to say the same about you and Smolder someday?”

That caused the young changeling and dragon to turn beet red.

“Take that back!” Smolder snapped, pointing at him.

“Make me,” Gallus sneered.

Smolder growled, but before she could pounce, somecreature appeared behind them. It’s Discord!

“Oh, ho ho ho! I so root for the griffon! Or, maybe I should root for the dragon! She breathes fire!” he laughed.

“Discord!” the students exclaimed in unison.

“The one and only!” Discord stated, forming a dramatic pose with some fireworks going off behind him, “I could see things were about to get a little chaotic and I thought I’d see how it goes down!”

The students groaned in annoyance.

“Number one, it wasn’t going to go that far,” Ocellus stated, glaring at Smolder and Gallus, “Was it?”

Both of them smiled sheepishly and nodded.

“O-Of course, Ocellus.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it.”

“Good.”

“Aw, darn it,” Discord slightly sulked, “I could use a little more chaos tonight.”

“Haven’t you been entertaining guests on stage with your slimy friend?” Smolder asked.

“Oh, yes! But Smoozy wanted to take over for a spell so I thought I’d go around and cause a little mischief- I mean socialize!” Discord corrected himself.

“Sure,” Ocellus deadpanned, “Anywho can you just let us get back to hanging out with one another?”

“Aww, but who wouldn’t want to hang out with the Lord of Chaos and the King of partying?” Discord asked, several of his talons appeared out of nowhere and pointed at himself.

“Us for example,” Yona added.

“Yeeeeaaahhhh,” Gallus agreed.

“Oh,” Discord rolled his eyes, “Still slightly upset that I ruined the School and the Spell-venger hunt?”

Everycreature else muttered agreements while Smolder bluntly said “Yep.”

“Don’t be like that, we’re way passed that!” Discord smiled.

“But it still makes us a little hesitant,” said Silverstream, a rare serious tone.

Discord sighed, “Well, Fluttershy’s friends were hesitant but eventually they came around.” He smiled again, “I have all the confidence for the lot of you as well!”

Everycreature gave each other uncertain looks.

“Well, this has been delightful, but I’d better get back to my Gala routine!” Discord disappeared in a flash.

Then reappeared seconds later, “Oh, and if you want to know more about Ember and Thorax, just ask me. I have my ways.” Then he disappeared.

Smolder facepalmed, “Super odd, weird, obnoxious dude.”

“Agreed,” said Gallus.

Discord reappeared with a megaphone on his ear, surprising the students, “I heard that.” Then he disappeared.


Outside the city border’s, Ghadra has been patrolling secretly for the past hour, watching as ponies entered the city’s gates. He spotted the soldiers and royal guards along the city’s borders. His nerves were filling with adrenaline, anticipating the upcoming move his master will have him and his team take. He knelt behind a rock, well hidden behind the trees, giving him a clear view of the city gate. Gazing to his right, he spotted his goblins getting ready as well as black colored birds with razor sharp claws and beak, their piercing, predatory eyes were locked onto their target.

“Is everyone in the army in position?” Nightfall’s voice came through Ghadra’s head.

Ghadra nodded, “Everyone is and the three teams to infiltrate the city are in place as well.”

“Good. Is the spell containing the Tree of Harmony’s magic?”

“Yes. That Tree won’t be a problem for us.”

“Excellent. As for me, I am in position. Just wait for the signal. You’ll know it when it happens.”

“I’m counting on it. As for those students you want us to seize, you’re sure they saved Equestria before?”

“Are you doubting me?”

“No, just double checking.”

“Yes. Those six different creatures came together and saved Equestria before. I sensed the Tree’s magic just before the magic of Equestria returned. I know of their journey beneath the school, they have to have a connection to it.”

“Very well. I will send every soldier to look for them and grab’em once we move.”


The Young Six decided to walk around together to take in the Gala’s sights.

“So, everycreature,” said Sandbar, “How’re your leaders taking in the Gala?”

“Creatures!!” said a loud, happy voice.

“Oh boy,” Smolder mumbled, knowing who was behind them. All of them turned to see the proud yak Prince Rutherford smiling a toothy grin at them.

“Yak prince!” Yona said happily before taking a bow.

“H-Hey Prince Rutherford,” Sandbar greeted in a nervous tone.

“Good to see you pony!” Rutherford wrapped a foreleg around him, making him unable to breathe, “Ponies know how to throw great party!” But then he let go of him just as his face turned blue, “But yaks still best at planning parties. Don’t mean ponies know a good time!”

“I love the Gala!” Silverstream cheered, “If yaks can throw better parties maybe I should come up there!”

“Hey, not bad idea hippogriff!” Rutherford concurred, “Maybe I can join you for underwater party!”

“That would be amazing!” Silverstream giggled.

“Just try not to wreak everything as you party,” said Ember, walking up to the group.

“Dragon Lord Ember!” Smolder bowed.

“Smash most things though?” Rutherford asked curiously.

Ember rolled her eyes, “Sure why not.” That was sarcasm. Rutherford didn’t seem to take the hint.

“Perfect! Yak prince going to greet other ponies!” Rutherford declared before he left happily, greeting other ponies.

“He’s something else,” Gallus spoke with a raised eyebrow.

Ocellus giggled, “I wonder what a yak would look like transformed by the Pearl.”

“Who knows! That’s the mystery of it!” Silverstream laughed.

“The more you ask questions, the more you’ll want to figure out,” said Ember, “I try to keep myself from asking too many at least.”

“I can live with that,” said Gallus.

“Anyway, this party is different but...good,” said Ember, “Still lots of shiny objects and bright colors.”

“I’ve gotten used to it,” Smolder smiled. Ember returned it, proud of her citizen for coming as far as she has, more so than she has in pony culture. She looked to her right and spotted Thorax socializing with Queen Novo and Princess Skystar. Ember waved at him, only for him to blush and sheepishly wave back.

“I see what you mean, Yona,” Sandbar whispered to the young yak.

“Yona knows romance when she sees it,” Yona teased.

Sandbar smiled and Yona caught glimpse of two celebrity ponies dressed in fine clothing, Coloratura and Sapphire Shores. Both were speaking to one another. She even on a pony named Zephyr Breeze with a bald head as he chased his mane running away from him. That was surprising, but then she looked up at the ceiling to see Discord laughing to himself as he watched the poor pegasus. Rolling her eyes, she stepped over to see the two celebrity ponies her professors talked about, as she did, she heard them talking.

“I must admit, Sapphire, that your outfit is absolutely breathtaking,” said Coloratura.

“Indeed, it is,” Sapphire spoke proudly, looking at her newly themed dolphin dress with blue patterns “Rarity designs all of my outfits.”

Coloratura giggled, “Whose outfits doesn’t she design?”

“Don’t know, but everypony in Canterlot respects and loves her as far as I can tell,” Sapphire’s smile grew, “I won’t hire anypony else to designs my outfits.”

“I hire her most of the time because I do have another designer that’s more suitable for some of my concert’s themes, but that doesn’t mean I won’t contact Rarity in order to hear how my friend Applejack’s doing,” Coloratura smiled, “I wonder how she is.” She looked around the Gala, hoping to spot her, but sees nothing more than a bunch of Gala attendees, “Speaking of which, I haven’t been able to spot her or her friends as of yet.”

“Hmm, that is flummoxing,” replied Sapphire.

“They had to go find pony friend,” Yona spoke up, causing Sapphire and Coloratura to look at them.

“Pardon? Sapphire asked.

“Our professors had to go find counseling pony from school.”

Both of them gave quizzical expressions, then Coloratura realized what she meant.

“Oh...” she said with slight disappointment, “Thanks for letting us know.”

“Yona wanted to speak to celebrity ponies because she knows professors look up to them and are friends with them,” Yona smiled.

“Oh? Can you tell us about the School and what it’s been like?” Coloratura asked with interest.

“Yes!” Yona said happily, deciding to leave out the details about the recent events.


Meanwhile above Canterlot, as much as Flash Magnus wanted to attend the Gala, with the recent lion invasion attempt and the Mane Six not being here, he has to ensure Canterlot’s safety. He’s confident in his soldiers, though. Thanks to his return from limbo, he’s been whipping them into shape for more attacks, invasions and other emergencies. He’s even been monitoring the unicorns’ magic capabilities so they’d be stronger in that area. Checking the city’s perimeter for the seventh time that night, he began to feel a little tired, but as a soldier he knew he has to push through.

“Despite the loudness of the Gala, everything seems quiet for the night,” he said.

“Magnus, sir!” said a pegasus soldier, flying up to him.

“Yes?”

“We’ve checked the area within a couple miles of the city and no sign of any danger,” he said.

“Good. And the caves beneath Canterlot?”

“Sealed off and no evidence of entry, we have soldiers there, too.”

“Excellent. Now let’s--”

KA-BOOOOMM! The sound of an explosion echoed through the city.


On the observation deck, Luna got a look of terror in her eyes, instantly thinking about her visions.


The explosion rattled the chandeliers inside the Gala ballroom, scaring the ponies and within it. Silverstream dashed to underneath the table because of the trauma the Storm King had caused.

Her friends ran over to help her as Celestia looked around in alarm.


Now on high alert, both Flash and the soldier whipped their heads to see a plume of smoke rising on the outskirts of the city.

“What in Equestria?!” the pegasus shouted in disbelief.

Flash wasted no time in making a beeline towards the explosions. Soldiers on Canterlot’s outer wall turned their attention to it while some charged onto that side of the wall to make sure it’s secured.

Flash dove down towards the street where the explosion had happened and landed a distance away as soldiers joined him. All of them saw that a small Canterlot house has exploded, a deep hole leading to the basement.

“What is this?! Are we under attack?!” a female soldier asked.

“Hold up!” Flash ordered, “Let’s evaluate!” He looked up to see some of the soldiers flying towards him, “Anything approaching us?!”

“Negative! We don’t see any forces approaching us and we didn’t have anything come against the wall!”

“This could be an accident but let’s not get ahead of ourselves! Seal off this area, make sure nopony is hurt or worse and search your designated perimeters and areas STAT!”

“Yes sir!” everypony said in unison.


What they didn’t know, is that at the city gates, Ghadra has nearly broken through, some of his minions have stopped the remaining soldiers from setting off the alarm.

SMASH!

Ghadra broke down the gates to Canterlot.

“Run, minions! Take the city!” he ordered as he smashed his fists together. With that command, out of the ground, smoke formed and morphed into black hounds with demon red eyes, gremlins, orcs, and birds with sharp talons and beaks, they had piercing yellow eyes and a look to kill. They are skrees, and they attack in groups, making them very dangerous. The minions poured into the city. The soldiers in the streets were taken off guard as they pounced on them, attacked, and moved on through the streets.


The alarm pierced through the air. The city is under attack! Flash Magnus and his soldiers were horrified.

“What?! How did we miss this?!” Flash demanded.

“We did our best we saw nothing!” a solider replied.

“We’ll discuss this later! Protect the castle and the strongholds!” He ordered, he looked at another group of troops, “Get to the princesses! And some of you get to the gate now!”

“Yes sir!” they answered in unison.

Flash immediately took to the air with a few pegasi joining them. What they saw made them gasp. A bunch of skrees were flying around the city, swooping down and attacking ponies down in the streets, they’re beginning to cover the entire city, orcs and gremlins bolted through the streets, knocking everypony out of their way and destroying anything for fun. The city’s soldiers are moving into position to protect the castle.

“Get going! Now!” he ordered the soldiers.

“Yes sir!” they answered in unison. Flash made a hard left towards the gate, hoping to find the ringleader of this whole fiasco.


Celestia has ordered the guests to get to the center of the ballroom where they were by their side. Luna teleported into the ballroom to assist her sister in any way. Everycreature looked scared, while Ember just looked determined to fight.

“Stay calm, everycreature, we’ll keep all of you safe,” Celestia assured them, though she herself was a little rattled. The doors burst open to reveal a troop of unicorn soldiers, startling everycreature. Making a dash to the princesses, they bowed.

“What’s going on?” Luna asked in a concerned tone.

“Your highnesses, the city is under attack!” one informed her.

At this, everycreature began panicking and murmuring loudly on what they should do. The Young Six looked at each other with fear in their eyes.

Oh, no, Luna thought with a horrified look, I hoped that this wouldn’t happen!

Wasting no time, Celestia spoke, “Everycreature calm down! Follow our troops and they’ll escort you to a safer place! My sister and I will fight our way through this!”

“No, you won’t!” Ember snarled, forming a hard look, “Not without me!”

“It’s advised that...”

“That I help out and not let anycreature else hurt my friends!” Ember declared, balling her claws, “It’s about time a dragon lord assisted against an invasion!”

“Us too!” Thorax volunteered, followed by Rutherford and Queen Novo.

“Your friends freed us from the Storm King, it’s time we return the favor a bit,” said Novo.

“What about me?” Skystar asked.

“You stay with everycreature else and ensure their safety. No questions asked.”

Skystar raised her right claw to object, but her mother glared harder, causing the young princess to lower it.

Booms came from outside, shaking the room and chandeliers again.

“Get them to safety, Skystar! Our troops will escort all of you!” said Celestia, she felt grateful the leaders want to help, but she does wish they’d stay safe.

“Let’s go! Go! Go!” a soldier ordered.

The guests began following Skystar and the troops began leading them out of the ballroom to a safer location within the castle. There’s no way they can move them all safely in time.

“What about the Caves?” Luna asked.

“I’ll order somepony to make sure they’re sealed,” replied Celestia.


The soldiers have been pushing the threats back from the castle. Unicorns had shields up, pegasus flew in swift, fast patterns to avoid the skrees as they lunged to attack them.

The earth pony soldiers used their brute strength and stamina to attack and planting their spears into several orcs and gremlins.

It’s becoming a war zone. Some parts of the city are on fire, ponies ran in fear as soldiers protected them.

Flash grabbed a couple of skrees, using his strength he spun a few times in the air before tossing them into a few more birds, sending them plummeting to the ground.

Pulling out his fire-proof shield, Flash charged through the air, using his shield to knock more of the dangerous birds out of his way.

He zig-zagged at top speed, keeping the birds from taking him down. Then, something tackled him from the sky.

Whatever it was, it pinned him to the ground! He managed to see that it’s an orc holding him down with its strong muscles!

He pushed up against it and managed fudge it a bit, but it was stronger than he is and pinned him back to the ground.

A wave of magic hit the orc, knocking it off the Pillar before several unicorn soldiers sent more attacks its way.


Meanwhile, Ghadra relished as the different minions wreaked havoc on Canterlot. Several pegasi and earth pony soldiers came charging at him with spears, but he only grinned, tore off a wall off a building and hurled it right at them!

Only a couple of pegasi managed to dodge it in time before throwing their spears at the werebear. However, Ghadra grabbed the spears and whacked the pegasi out of the air like flies.

Happy with some new weapons, Ghadra moved faster, spotting more troops fighting back some gremlins. Ghadra lifted the spears into the air and threw them right at them! The resulting impact sent them flying into the air and allowing some of the gremlins to attack them!

Ghadra looked to the castle, cracked his knuckles, got down on all fours and began his way to it. He barreled through the streets, the heavy, strong physique destroying everything in his path.


On the top of Canterlot’s observation deck, out of a wink yellow and blue, appeared both princesses, without their Gala dresses. Their eyes widened in horror when they saw orcs, gremlins, skrees and hellhounds ransacking their beloved capital.

“This is as bad or even worse than the changeling invasion,” Luna observed, she cringed and held her head, “I should’ve been more prepared than this.”

A soft hoof touched her shoulder, the moon princess looked to see a soft, assuring look from Celestia.

There were no words needed as to what she was trying to say.

With a little bit of confidence restored, Luna nodded, dove off the tower and down close to the streets of Canterlot.

She let out a sweep of blue magic, hitting several orcs and gremlins. A pack of hellhounds lunged at her, she quickly put up a shield and they bounced off, allowing Luna to let out a surge of magic to take them out, all of them dissipated into a puff of smoke.

What she didn’t see were some gremlins on top of a building about to lunge at her, but a bright surge of magic hit them and they were gone like the hellhounds.

Looking up, she spotted her beloved sister fighting close by. A sense of nostalgia came to Luna, fighting alongside her sister as she did in the old days.

That thought gave Luna more determination and a little bit of excitement before bolting through the streets of Canterlot, taking out minions trying to get to the castle.


Ghadra pummeled through a line of unicorn guards, their magic failing to affect his thick fur and hide. He let out a mighty roar, sending out some waves of air that sent several earth ponies crashing into a bakery’s window. Then a flash of yellow magic caught his eye. He looked to see Celestia and Luna close to the castle fighting off the minions he sent to infiltrate.

“Nightfall,” he communicated telekinetically, “The Princesses are out fighting our minions.”

“Excellent,” Nightfall replied, “They’ll soon be forced to put up their shield, but what they don’t know is that it’ll be too late. Advance further, Ghadra! Remember the plan!”

“No need to tell me! I’m on it!”

“Be on the look out for those leaders if they decide to help as well! Bring all of them down!”

With a nod, Ghadra continued his way to the castle. A soldier fired a beam of magic at him, but it only stung him instead of hurting him. Annoyed, he turned to face the cowering unicorn soldier before lunging at him, grabbing him by the face and throwing him into a wall.


The Gala guests and some of the soldiers have moved to a safer, sturdier room of the castle. Every door and window are being covered by soldiers, spears and magic at the ready. The students stayed close by, their eyes filled with concern and fear. Silverstream is breathing through a paper bag to calm herself while Yona pats her on the back. The ponies attending the Gala were all murmuring in fear as they stayed low to the ground and away from the windows in case they blew.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Everycreature let out some screams and yipes. Flashes of yellow and blue followed.

“I can’t believe this is happening!” Smolder remarked.

“I know!” Sandbar added, “Our first Gala and we have an invasion!”

“Well...” Ocellus gulped, “The Gala is a huge event...”

Ocellus whimpered, remembering how she and the changelings nearly invaded Canterlot, and that was a big event.

“I don’t want to get hurt or captured!” Silverstream cried, tears forming in her eyes, “I’d just gotten to know all kinds of new ponies here and want to get to know them more!”

“There you are!” came a new voice. Everycreature looked to their right to see a frantic Spike, wearing a tuxedo, flying over to them.

“Spike!” Smolder smiled out of relief.

“You okay little dude?” Gallus asked.

“As well as everypony else at the moment,” replied Spike, coming to a stop in front of the six friends.

“Where are other kingdom rulers?” Yona asked.

“I don’t know, but I think they might be out helping.”

“Really?!” Gallus asked, looking around, only to see Grampa Gruff looking concerned in his old eyes. Then, Gallus deadpanned, “Most creatures anyway.”

“Oh, don’t worry about him,” Ocellus assured him. Gallus just slightly sighed and nodded.

“Where are the Crusaders? Weren’t they going to be here?” Ocellus asked Spike.

“They were disappointed their sisters weren’t going to be here, so they decided to stay home,” said Spike, then he rubbed his chin, “I guess it’s a good thing too considering what’s happening now.” Spike decided to go with the Young Six as a bit of a guide to Canterlot and to show them around a bit before they’d arrived.

“I wish our professors were here!” Silverstream cried, “They make me feel safe and assured that nothing would go wrong!”

Poor Silverstream, Ocellus thought, knowing being a hippogriff and facing danger isn’t a good combination. Yona brought Silverstream into a hug and their shaky friend returned it.


Flash fended off several hellhounds before he grabbed a spear on the ground, hurled it right at one and then charging right into them, knocking them over like bowling pins.

He let out a proud smirk as soldiers from the castle poured out into the streets and began helping their captured or injured.

Flying above the rooftops, Flash did another quick scan of the city to look for the potential ringleader, only to be met with more Skrees and having their sharp talons aimed right at him.

However, some pegasi slammed right into them with their shields, knocking them aside and allowing Flash to bolt off. Flying over the city, he saw nothing but more chaos and destruction.

Speaking of which, where is Discord? Wasn’t he at the Gala? Flash thought.

He hardly has time to think about that before he spots a large figure tearing up the streets and throwing soldiers aside.

With another spark of determination, he dove right towards the figure, only to come to realize that it’s a large werebear almost eight feet tall.

Flash struck the beast, knocking him to the ground, cracking the street under his weight.

The ancient Pillar landed hard on his hooves as Ghadra picked himself up and faced him with fury.

“So, you’re the one behind this invasion?” Flash said more than asked.

Ghadra only smiled wickedly, “You could say that.”

“No more chatting needed then,” replied Flash.

“I would guess not,” Ghadra sneered.

The pegasus and werebear lunged at each other, Ghadra raising his huge meaty paw to punch him, only for Flash to swiftly avoid him, land a few punches and kicks to the chest and face.

Flash doubled back and landed another solid blow to his back, but Ghadra was ready and he grabbed Flash by the leg.

Flash grunted in pain and threw the shield right at the werebear’s face, causing him to roar some in pain, making him let go of his leg.

Flash dove right at him, striking him, grabbing his shield and swiping it onto his leg.

Ghadra held his leg in pain briefly before he grappled the pegasus’ neck and slammed him to the ground.

Flash tried to escape but the grip was so strong.

His air left his lungs as his face turned blue underneath the strength and weight of the werebear. Ghadra only chuckled in amusement.

“Too easy for me,” he said, “I’m almost disappointed.”

Suddenly, a flash of yellow magic slammed right into Ghadra, knocking him off his paws, but still having a hold on Flash. He looked up to see the ever so authoritative angry stare of Celestia, but this made him feel even more giddy.

“I was hoping to get a round with you,” he said.

“This doesn’t have to continue,” Celestia stated.

“It doesn’t, but then I’d miss out on all the fun,” Ghadra darkly stated.

“I was afraid you’d say that.”

Celestia sent a large beam of magic right at Ghadra, only for him to dodge it. Flash managed to break free of his grip and let in a big gasp of air! He looked around for his shield as his opponent turned his attention to Celestia.


The sun princess’ horn glowed brightly with the light of the sun, her eyes glowed pure white.

Ghadra picked up a building of the city, lifting it off its foundation.

He turned around and swung at Celestia, only for her to teleport and reappear and strike with a powerful beam of magic right at the werebear.

Ghadra flew back about a hundred feet as Celestia dashed after him, striking him with bolts of yellow magic, sending him further down the street. She stopped firing and screeched to a stop about ten feet away from Ghadra as he tried to pick himself out of the wrecked street.

Celestia lit her horn again and sent down more bolts on top of Ghadra, hammering him further into the ground! Celestia stayed back from the wreckage, observing it to make sure he was subdued.

A few seconds passed before she spotted a small burst of purple, green murky mass. She raised a curious, wary eyebrow.

POW!

Ghadra popped out from right underneath Celestia! Sending her flying back into a building.

CRASH!

Dazed, and pulling herself out of the rubble, Celestia spotted the werebear stomping angrily towards her, and it looked as if he didn’t have a scratch on him!

“Impossible...” she breathed out, unable to believe what she’s seeing. That spell should’ve stopped him in his tracks!

“You’d be surprised at what is actually possible,” replied Ghadra, with a look to kill.

A bunch of soldiers came charging towards him, all led by Flash and followed by Luna. The moon princess quickly teleported to her sister’s side and lit her horn up to face Ghadra.

“Your highnesses!” a brown earth pony came from Celestia and Luna’s right, “The castle is being breached!”

Celestia and Luna gasped in horror.

“We’ve been holding our ground, but they’re beginning to breach it!”

“But the forces were a distance away from it! We had our plan covered!” Luna insisted.

“We don’t know how they got there, but you need to initiate the extra security now!” the soldier turned to Ghadra as Flash and his troops surrounded him.

“But wait!” Celestia cried, “That guy can...!”

“No disrespect, but we have no time!”

Luna didn’t give Celestia a chance to speak before she teleported Celestia and herself to the Castle.

Ghadra let out a dark chuckle, “You should’ve listened to her.”

Soon, the soldiers will face his wrath that’ll result in multiple injuries, including Flash Magnus.

Celestia and Luna appeared above the castle, spotting their troops holding back the minions from the castle. The different leaders, except Gruff, from the other kingdoms were fighting alongside them, Ember let out enormous breaths of fire to keep them at bay while Thorax is fighting as a beast his brother transforms into a bunch.

“Sister!” Celestia cried, “I was trying to tell all of you is that I believe that bear healed himself after I cast a powerful spell!”

“What?!” Luna’s eyes widened, “How?!”

“I don’t know, but I wanted to keep anymore soldiers from getting injured...”

Luna felt some guilt come to her, “I’m sorry, sister. I was just worried about your safety.”

Celestia sighed, “I understand, but we need to look out for others, too.”

Luna nodded solemnly, “I’m sorry yet again.”

“Let’s not dwell on that now,” said Celestia, looking out onto the city, “We have a shield to put around our castle to protect the ponies and creatures inside.”

Luna nodded. Both sisters lit up their horns and began charging up their magic.


As Ghadra defeated the last of Flash’s troops, he spotted the princesses about to put their defensive shield up.

“Boss, they’re putting it up!” he told Nightfall.

“I am already in position as always,” replied Nightfall.

Ghadra grinned twice as big than he did before earlier, knowing they’re in for it.

Celestia and Luna are charged up, saving this shield as mostly a last resort due to how many soldiers and how much power they had. They touched horns and magic of blue and yellow shot into the air above the castle before it expanded and went down, forming a solid shield combined from Luna and Celestia’s magic. The hellhounds were the first to reach it, only to be stopped. They began clawing at it viciously as skrees, orcs and gremlins tried to break in as well.

“Let’s get inside and form another plan,” said Celestia.

“Right away,” replied Luna before they teleported into their throne room.


Meanwhile, in the castle’s corridors, the sounds of the invasion were even closer now. A troop of ten unicorn soldiers with spears are magically locking the doors with magic-induced chains before moving to their position. All of them looked wary and on edge as the lock clacked shut.

“All right! Hurry!” one shouted.

“Let’s go!” another shouted.

They ran down the hallway as the atmosphere seemed to get heavy around them. They turned the corner and made a beeline for the next doors.

“We’ve got to go now!” the first soldier shouted as he opened the door, but it stopped when it was a few inches open! Confused, he tried opening it, but to no avail!

“It’s stuck!” he shouted before another tried to help him.

On the other side of the door, are soldiers running through the halls.

“Hey! Over here!” the one of the soldiers cried.

But their allies were already on the other side of the hall.

Then the lights flickered out above them, darkening the hallway.

The first soldier suddenly got a sick feeling in his gut, nearly knocking him down.

With a cold sweat, he slowly turned to face the blackened corridor. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the same fear in his allies’ eyes.

The atmosphere became even heavier as the hallway seemed darker now.

All spears and magic were at the ready.

Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.

Light growls came from the darkened hallway before purple-black colored swords lit up the room in an ominous glow, revealing the towering figure of Nightfall about 20 feet away.

Taken aback, the soldiers’ eyes widened in horror, but they quickly began to regain their composure.

“Open fire!” the first soldier ordered.

The unicorns fired their magic at the werehyena, but he began twirling one of the swords, deflecting the magic beams, hitting beside him and breaking a window.

Nightfall grinned as began to move forward and deflecting the magic, before one beam was deflected right at a unicorn, knocking him to the ground. Two spears were thrown.

But Nightfall lifted his second sword and sliced them both in half before throwing the sword towards the soldiers.

They dodged it, but another deflected beam of magic hit a second unicorn.

Nightfall threw the second sword, and it hit the door they were trying to escape through, nearly taking the first unicorn’s head off.

Nightfall’s claws glowed and he lifted two unicorns off the ground and threw them into the troops. Some of the soldiers stood back up and charged with their spears, but they were yanked out of their magic and tossed them behind him.

Dark aura grabbed an extra two soldiers and threw them out the window, smashing it and sending them plummeting to the streets below.

“Help us!” the first soldier cried in a horrified tone, banging hard on the unmoving door, gaining the attention of some female soldiers running by.

They began to try and pry the door open as Nightfall continued to advance on them.

The last two soldiers did their best by defending themselves with their spells, but Nightfall lifted them with his dark aura and tossed them outside.

The female soldiers freaked out when they saw the dark figure towering over their comrade.

“Warn the princesses!” he ordered, “Protect them! Get going!”

Nightfall produced another sword and stabbed through the soldier’s back and through his chest. The females screamed before they ran off in fear to the princesses as more unicorns came to keep their powerful enemy at bay.


The Young Six and ponies were all huddled onto the floor, holding each other close in hopes of staying safe, but that hope is dwindling. Silverstream is hyperventilating again, and Yona has given her another bag. Spike has been going around to evaluate the situation despite orders to stay put, but he took it upon himself to protect the students for their and Twilight’s sake.

“It’s sounding even worse out there!” Silverstream gasped.

“Panicking won’t help!” Smolder glared.

“Don’t be rude to Silverstream!” Yona glared back.

“Well sorry! I’m just trying to keep a level head here!”

“That’s not an excuse Smolder!”

Before the dragoness could say anything else, Spike came flying back with a horrified look on his face.

“Come with me! Hurry!” he said hastily. The Young Six didn’t ask questions and nodded, Yona nudging Silverstream along before she joined her friends, her eyes darting around in fear.

“Let’s move!” Spike ordered, looking around in fear.

He began running to the other side of the room, causing the Young Six to take off after him, quizzical expressions on their faces.

“What’re we doing?” Sandbar asked.

“I know of crawlspaces and secret areas in the castle nopony else knows of other than the Princesses and I,” Spike explained.

“What about the others? And how do you know where they are?” Smolder asked.

“I can’t get them all in at once, there isn’t enough room,” Spike frowned, “But the least I can get all of you to safety.”

“Why? What’s going on?” Ocellus asked nervously.

Spike gulped audibly. “The castle’s been breached and they’re probably going to be here soon.”

“What?!” everycreature else exclaimed in unison.

“That’s why I’m trying to get you into some good hiding places! We don’t need them finding you six!”

“This is getting out of control!” Silverstream wailed.

“Take deep breaths, Silverstream!” said Gallus.

The group of creatures neared a wall, Spike ran up to a pillar and pulled on a slab. It began to reveal a secret passage as he’d said.

“Let me help you there, Spike!” said Smolder, grabbing another slab and removing it. Spike thanked her before they removed two more slabs, revealing an entrance just big enough for Yona to fit through.

“Well, how about that,” Sandbar marveled.

“No time for gawking, let’s move!” Smolder ordered.

“Since when were you in charge?” Gallus asked.

“Just move, Gallus!”

The creatures ducked into the secret passage one by one until every one of them was through. Spike began to put the slabs back in place and Smolder helped him. The wall is sealed and it looks as if the passage was never there.


In the castle’s throne room, Princesses Celestia and Luna have secured the balcony doors and placed a spell over the windows so they won’t be shattered. Both had very uneasy looks as Celestia tried to think of what to do next.

The doors to the throne room burst open, both whirled around to see two female soldiers running at top speed towards them.

“Your highnesses! Your highnesses!” they screamed.

“What is it?” Celestia asked/cried.

“Something is in the castle! And...”

KER-BLAST!

A small explosion blasted the doors far apart, sending the two flying towards the princesses.

Both caught them before they hit the floor and teleported them to where the Gala guests are being held.

Dust and smoke poured out from where the doors had been.

Their horns alit and with angered expressions for their citizens and grand event ruined, Celestia let out some beams of magic towards the door as Luna put up a shield around them.

“Show yourself, coward!” commanded Celestia.

She was only met with dark laughter echoing through the throne room.

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you both, royal sisters,” said Nightfall, “I’d heard so much about the Mare in the Moon, I thought I wouldn’t have a chance to meet the lesser half of Celestia.”

“Lesser half?!” Luna bellowed.

“Watch your temper, little princess, you don’t want to burst your vessels,” Nightfall taunted.

“Why are you doing this?! What do you want?!” Celestia demanded, growing impatient.

“Oh, do you always ask your enemies that? That’s a thing about you, Celestia, always wanting to know things while pretending to think your ways of life are truly the best.”

“Silence!”

“You don’t get to tell me anything!” Nightfall roared before a surge of dark energy charged directly at the princesses, causing Luna’s shield to waver. Nightfall popped out of the dust and punched the shield with a glowing purple fist. The shield shattered.

Nightfall managed to land a punch on both princesses before he somersaulted between their thrones.

Dazed, but not deterred, both whirled around to face their new enemy, their eyes slightly widened at the sight of Nightfall with glowing fists and holding a sword in his right claw.

“You’re not in control of this situation, you two!” He snarled, “I am!”

“We’ll see about that!” Luna bellowed before sending a large sweep of magic at him, however he dodged it, Celestia launched her own attack, but Nightfall deflected it, grabbed a pillar and tore it apart, throwing it at Celestia. She teleported out of sight before Nightfall tried to land a hit on Luna, however she flapped her wings and took to the air before Nightfall’s fist hit the floor, cracking it. Celestia send bolts of magic at him, but he pulled the destroyed pillar in front of himself at blocked the attacks before he jumped into the air, punching Luna and kicking her to the ground!

“Luna!” Celestia cried.

Nightfall was on her in an instant, grabbing her with his power and slamming her against the wall.

Celestia was surprised, she tried moving, but he held her in place.

Before she could teleport again, Nightfall brought her from the wall and slammed her onto the floor and then to the opposite wall before throwing her towards the ceiling.

Luna tackled him and struck him hard with her own magic. He let out a loud grunt of pain and annoyance before throwing the blue princess off. Luna regained herself as Celestia did her best to recover.

Luna conjured up another spell and let it out towards her enemy.

However, Nightfall absorbed the magic into his magical band and released it back at her.

Luna gasped before teleporting as her own spell tore a massive hole into the throne room’s wall.

Recovered, but battered, Celestia’s eyes began to glow white again. She herself began glowing like the sun, causing Nightfall to smirk slightly. She let out a surge of magic across the throne room, however, Nightfall used another pillar and his own magic to block it. Luna sent a powerful blast his way, sending him flying across the throne room and crashing into the thrones, destroying them.

However, Nightfall stood up, clapped hard, sending a pulse of magic out towards the princesses, knocking them onto their backs. He stomped forward, sending out small beams of magic, hitting the princesses that kept them from getting up. However, Celestia recovered and put up her own shield around herself and Luna.

The princess channeled her magic and redirected her shield as a massive beam towards Nightfall.

The magic enveloped him and tore another massive hole through the throne room’s wall.

Celestia kept her beam going until she could no longer cast the spell anymore.

Slightly woozy and a little exhausted from casting the spell, she helped Luna to her hooves.

“Is he gone?” Luna asked with a gasp.

“I hope so...” Celestia wheezed, looking to where Nightfall had been standing.

“I have a feeling your hope is in vain, princess,” said a voice to their right. Both gasped and Celestia gasped deeper when she saw the same dark, murky energy surrounding Nightfall before it faded away.

“How did you do that?! You and that bear of yours shouldn’t have recovered as you did!”

“Or did you consider that you may not be as strong, and are more limited than you think?” Nightfall taunted.

Celestia blinked, she did have her limits, but she was powerful and hardly anycreature can withstand that powerful blast of hers.

Luna created several glowing blue swords, they floated by her until she threw them with her magic.

Nightfall dodged them with ease and sent another surge of energy towards the princesses.

Both took to the air immediately, letting out their magic again, only for Nightfall to teleport.

“What?!” they cried in unison.

Before they knew it, Nightfall appeared behind Luna and struck her, sending her to the floor again.

More magic hit Luna until Nightfall grabbed her with his power and threw her into Celestia head on.

Both tumbled to the ground. Celestia sat up and looked at her sister. She gasped when she saw that Luna’s unconscious.

“Luna!” she cried, she shook her sister, “Luna wake up!”

“Don’t worry,” said Nightfall, “She’s the lucky one.”

“Lucky?!” Celestia roared, forming a hard glare.

“Because she won’t know how much of a disappointment you two were in this fight,” said Nightfall.

Celestia let out a small attack, but Nightfall easily dodged it and Celestia has almost worn herself out.

“You lose, Celestia,” said Nightfall, “From now on, as your Gala was to celebrate your capital’s building, it’ll now be remembered as the day your entire nation fell to me.”

With that said, he landed a hard punch the mighty alicorn, knocking her out cold.


Ghadra and Nightfall’s minions entered where the Gala guests are being held, sending them into a wild panic, screams rang through the air like music to Ghadra.

“Lock them all up,” Ghadra ordered the gremlins and orcs next to him. “We’ve only just begun.”

The minions nodded and advanced upon the ponies as the hellhounds kept guard over the captured leaders of the other kingdoms, Ember’s mouth closed with a bind to keep herself from breathing fire.

Ghadra saw a green looking Discord. He smiled. That Tatzlwurm snot worked faster than I thought.


In the hidden passage, observing Ghadra take the ponies prisoner, the Young Six and Spike cowered in fear as they came to realize that the great city of Canterlot has been taken with the rulers of the outside kingdoms.

Author's Note:

Well, that just happened! :twilightoops:

PreviousChapters Next