• Published 15th Aug 2020
  • 1,246 Views, 191 Comments

Wherever the Light Shines: Part 2 - MLPSolarDash1907



After fighting off a lion, Mystic discovers a plan to invade the land of Equestria. Deciding to travel there, she's unaware she'll run into six familiar faces. In the Crystal Empire, Starlight is looking into spell hypotheses and wants to crack them.

  • ...
5
 191
 1,246

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3 - A meeting and arrival

“See you tomorrow, Ambermoon!” Fluttershy called. The Moon sister waved as she trotted to meet her younger sister. She giggled to herself, “Nice girls when you get to know them.” Fluttershy hummed to herself as she threw some left-over food scraps for the animals in the trash. When she finished, she walked out into the hallway.

“Hey Flutters!” a familiar raspy voice called. Fluttershy turned to see Rainbow flying to her with a proud smile on her face.

“I heard what happened, and what you did was totally awesome!” Rainbow praised, she patted her friend’s back, “I’m so proud of you!”

“Uhm what?” Fluttershy was confused, but then she remembered the incident with the bullies earlier, “Oh, right. That.”

“You totally showed those two troublemakers what happens if they get on your or anypony else’s bad side!” Rainbow declared, “That’s something I’d totally do if I were there.”

Fluttershy knew Rainbow was complimenting her, but the shy mare doesn’t appreciate her overall reaction, she did what she had to, but still, her reaction.

“That’s nice of you to compliment, but I think my reaction could’ve been better,” she said.

Rainbow wrapped her forehoof around Fluttershy, “Aw, don’t sweat it! You did awesome!”

“Things aren’t about to be ‘awesome’, Rainbow,” said a new voice. The two childhood friends turned to see Twilight walking to them with a “let’s get this over with” look. She stopped in front of them. “You need to follow me to the meeting room. Mr. Bullion is supposed to arrive around this time.”

“Oh boy,” Fluttershy mumbled, she looked at Twilight, “Do I have to go? I mean, I-”

“While I appreciate what you did by standing up to them and bringing them to my office,” Twilight started, “I’m afraid somepony could’ve taken it the wrong way.” She turned around and motioned the girls to follow her.

“Fluttershy, what do you remember about our school’s rules and interaction with the students?” Twilight asked.

Fluttershy sighed, “I think it has something to do with handling them?”

“Yes. We might be a School outside the other schools’ rules but we do have some of the same rules. We’re not allowed to mishandle the students or hurt them in any way,” Twilight turned with a caring look, “I don’t blame you for your actions, but the rules are the rules.” She sighed, “And we have to do our best to follow them.”

“They shouldn’t apply as much when it comes to those two lunkheads,” Rainbow commented.

“Rainbow, it does and we have to maintain our professional demeanors. What if we got sued over this?”

“Well, some ponies overreact at times,” Rainbow rolled her eyes.

Twilight only sighed. “Let’s just head into this meeting and maintain ourselves.”

The three mares arrived at the meeting room’s door, and so did Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie.

“Whew!” Rarity huffed, “I’ve gotten most of my orders done for today.”

“Good to hear, Rarity,” said Fluttershy, though she’s calm on the outside, she’s nervous on the inside.

Fluttershy could tell Rarity was about to go on another one of her explanations again, but Applejack held she held up a hoof, “Not now, Rarity. After the meeting.”

“Oh, of course.”

Twilight opened the doors and they entered where there was a table with five chairs for her friends and one slightly larger chair for herself, and a smaller chair right next to it for Spike, on the opposite side were several chairs for parents or other family members. Each sat in their seats, but before they could get fully settled in, the door opened. Fluttershy slightly tensed as a large earth pony stepped in.

He has a dark brown coat, a dark amber mane, and tail. He’s a little larger than Big McIntosh, he wore a gold watch on his left forehoof, a black shirt with golden bling decorating it, and a gold necklace with a symbol for money.

He had a calm, collected look on his face, yet, Fluttershy got an uneasy vibe about him. He seemed intimidating even at this calm state. He gave a side glance to the mares with his amber eyes and slowly walked over to a chair. His cutie mark is three golden dollar signs, a clear indication he’s a wealthy pony.

“So, your highness and company,” he said, his voice rather deep, “I got your letter and headed over as soon as I can.”

“And we’re glad you did,” said Twilight, straightening herself, “These issues have to be addressed.”

“I’m certain you are doing what you do best,” replied Bullion, “Even with... issues around here.” His tone seemed to have a little sharpness at the end there.

“Indeed, there are issues going on around here recently,” Twilight went on, she looked at the sheets with Bullion’s sons’ grades, “As you can see, your sons’ grades are good, lacking in some areas, but lately, they’ve been bullying and it’s been building up and up over the course of a month.”

“I assure you. I’ve raised those two to be polite and respectable to others, they know how us upper-class ponies are.”

“Unfortunately, it seems as if they’ve caused a multitude of problems from ruining the outdoor activity of painting together on a project, have bullied kids in the hallway, some are even smaller than them.

“Oh my,” Bullion replied, shifting in his seat some.

“They’ve pulled off pranks that have caused some classes to go past their normal time and have recently thrown a pie into Professor Fluttershy’s face,” Twilight went on, flashing a look of sympathy to the pegasus.

“Oh, what tales I’ve just heard,” said Bullion, wiping his watch with a hoof. “I recall from a little while back we did discuss my two boys’ behaviors, didn’t I?”

“That we did, but now, if anything they’ve gotten worse,” said Rainbow, which earned her a look from Twilight to be quiet.

“As somepony who is in charge of the business empire that branches across Equestria, and is well respected by upper-class ponies, I can’t allow issues to go unchecked,” said Bullion. “I own a proud family and we can’t allow this.”

“Exactly,” said Twilight, “I hate to say this, Mr. Bullion, with all due respect if this behavior keeps up, I’m seriously considering suspending your sons from our school.

“What?” Bullion asked, eyes slightly widening. “But I assure you, I did follow your instructions from our last meeting!”

“I’m grateful for that,” said Twilight. “And I’m sure you’re doing your best.”

Bullion sighed and began rubbing his chin, “Indeed I am. But,”

He gave a sinister smirk, “With our previous meetings and our meeting now, I haven’t the slightest clue of what you’re talking about.”

“What?” Twilight asked, eyes slightly widening. “But we went over that like any parent-teacher should when it comes to bad behaviors.”

“We did, but even then, I was skeptical.”

“Are ya saying you don’t know of your sons’ behavior, Mr. Bullion?” Applejack asked with somewhat of a glare.

“I’m not assuming anything,” said Bullion, “I’m just wondering about all of you is all.”

“What are you insinuating?” Rarity asked, growing a little suspicious.

Bullion chuckled, “Oh, Twilight, why do think I let my sons come to your school?”

“Because you wanted a good place for them to go to for friendship so they could share it with others,” replied Twilight.

“Exactly, but lately, my sons and I have felt this school’s been... lacking lately.”

“What?” Rainbow said with a glare, Fluttershy shrank back.

“Calm yourself hot-headed pegasus, you don’t want to lose your head,” Bullion shot.

Before Rainbow could say or do anything else, Applejack gave her a harsh glare, silencing her.

“Forgive Rainbow,” said Twilight, letting out a sigh, “We just want to reach a solution in a satisfying way.”

“Oh, I get it,” said Bullion, slightly mocking. “You think you can’t handle my sons and decide to come to me with some stories?”

“They’re not stories, they happened.”

“Sure, they did,” Bullion brushed her off, “I don’t have enough time for this meeting and I’m not going to let some backwater ponies in a backwater school talk me down about my sons supposed behaviors!”

“Backwater?!” Rarity gasped, Fluttershy’s eyes widened and she began to grow angry.

“Yes, and though you have done remarkable feats, you still choose to live as the lower-class ponies with a low-class princess.”

“Hey! Don’t talk about Twilight that way!” Fluttershy snapped as Twilight’s eye twitched.

Bullion held up his hooves, “Whoa there, missy. You’re not in a place to speak to me that way.” He smirked at the others, “You six and that lizard over there have obviously been making up stories and have bothered to waste my time with this meeting.”

“We don’t make up stories like this!” Rainbow cried.

“Oh, sure, but despite that, you have bursting pipes, electrical problems, this School is falling apart!” Bullion slammed his hoof on the table, making it shake.

“And we’re doing our-” Twilight started, but she was cut off.

“You’ve been ‘doing your best’ for the few weeks when this nonsense began! I’m thinking this school isn’t suitable for my sons!”

“We’ve been doing everything we can, you know how good this school’s been for all of us in Equestria!”

“It isn’t meant to last, not in this town,” Bullion glared, Fluttershy and her were very wary and watching him now, “In the city of Canterlot and the city of Manehattan, things there can last forever and do what’s best for those beneath us upper-class ponies!”

“We have connections to royalty!” Rainbow cried again.

“Apparently, the princesses just are hiding behind the mask of the upper class and is a common pony just like everypony else.”

“What?!” Twilight screeched, “How dare you talk about Celestia like that!”

“It’s the truth, you little ingrate! You should be happy about where you are now instead of some mud house!”

“Enough!” Fluttershy shouted before things could escalate, “Twilight, everypony, this isn’t supposed to be a fight, we’re supposed to talk of a solution here.”

“The solution is that you keep-”

“Fluttershy’s right,” Twilight glared, “We should act formally. Now, let’s sit down like civilized ponies.”

The other Mane Six and Spike sat down, Bullion sighed and sat down, still glaring.

“Now,” Twilight began, trying to regain herself, “I did give your sons some extra homework, but we can avoid suspension if we both worked with them to improve their behavior.”

“Let’s move on,” replied Bullion, “And your school’s a friendship school?”

“That’s right, it’s a school I came up so my friends and I can teach the magic of friendship to not only ponies but other kingdoms beyond Equestria.”

“Yeah, and our students have been learning very well,” said Rainbow.

“Oh, you mean the time they saved Equestria from one of your own students? Cozy Glow I believe?”

Fluttershy looked at Twilight, and saw pain behind the alicorn’s eyes.

Rarity spoke up, “Yes, they did a fantastic job I might add.”

“Oh, so they think they can consider them as proud members of our friendship family?” Bullion glared, “I don’t think so.”

“What?” Fluttershy asked.

“Not to mention that one of your students turned on us, Princess,” Bullion glared, “Which means they can and will use friendship against us as I’ve heard.”

“How do you know that?” Applejack demanded.

“I have connections and loyal ponies to me,” Bullion spoke spitefully.

“They think that saving Equestria is going to make me think their natural tendencies to do what they’ve done all the time we’ve known them is going to buy me and others over?!”

“My school is for everycreature,” Twilight stated firmly.

“It shouldn’t have been considered to begin with! The EEA was right to oppose your school, now you’ve gotten your incompetent thinking into the head of the EEA’s thinking!”

“Or...” Bullion smiled sinisterly, “Were the creatures cooperating with Cozy to make themselves look good and try and make the ponies look bad?”

Everypony gasped in horror and disgust at that statement.

Rainbow flew right up to the stallion’s face, “That’s it from you! I won’t allow you to insult us or our students any longer!”

“Rainbow!” Twilight shouted, magically pulling her away.

Bullion spoke up, “You know what, this is a waste of my time.” He started at Fluttershy, “I didn’t need to come down here because some dim-witted tempered pegasi could threaten me and my good name across this land!” He glared at Twilight, “You might be friends and buddies with princesses, but they’re common folk as much as you all are!” He stood up. “You’re all delusional.”

“No, yer the one who’s delusional!” Applejack shouted.

Bullion chuckled, “Oh, I’m not.” He smiled sinisterly again, “I know what my sons have been doing.”

“You do?!”

“Yes, but nopony else around here does except a few letters here and between there in reports to the princess?”

“You know about that?!” Rarity asked.

“Oh, yes, my sons have seen your dragon send out the reports every month,” Bullion explained, “But they keep telling me how much the creatures who are beneath us ponies have been making them uncomfortable.”

“They have not, they’ve become some of our star pupils,” Rainbow said.

Twilight facehoofed.

“Oh, so you’re so inclined to your thinking that you decided to make them stars?” Bullion looked at his watch and back at them, “As I’ve said before, they cooperated with Cozy to make themselves heroes.”

“That’s not true!” Fluttershy protested.

Bullion held up a hoof before anypony could say anything else. His patience is wearing thin.

“You might be Equestria’s heroes, but that doesn’t save you from the world of business and other factors. The monsters you brought in from other kingdoms don’t belong here, they should take a hike!” He slammed his hoof on the table, “This School is crumbling and it should’ve been since it was a bad idea for Equestria itself,” he paused as he breathed deep, “I don’t know why the princesses and E.E.A. are so inclined to your thinking.”

“They only want what’s best for Equestria,” Twilight explained.

“I do too, but not like the way you’ve put forth,” Bullion said, which Fluttershy didn’t buy. “It turns out this school isn’t what it’s cracked up to be, and I know that it’s turning into a safety hazard for all of your pony students.” He walked around the table, closer to the door, “But who is anypony to know what took place in this room anyway?”

He chuckled darkly, “I do know what my sons are doing, but nopony else will know of what took place here. You’d be national heroes, but where are your alibies or any evidence of your claims of my sons and of what I’m telling you now? You don’t want to end up in court, do you?”

“Well-- I--” Twilight stammered, trying to think, “We can...”

“Do what?” Bullion cut her off, “You know of all my connections, Headmare. You don’t want to get on the wrong end of my stick, or theirs.” He leaned forward a little, “You do know that their own kids are here right?”

“Don’t you think you’re going to try anything!” Rainbow shouted.

“I won’t, but if they hear something from one of their most trusted connections and comrades, what will they say to you then?” Bullion slightly laughed, “You don’t want that, and I’d have my own evidence with the damages done to the School and the incompetence of the teachers, thanks to the two blowhard pegasi right here.”

Twilight tried to think of a way to respond to Bullion, he’s right, they don’t have any evidence, and Twilight never recorded anything that happened in these meetings, she thought it would be a violation of the parents’ private lives and who’s heard of a school like that?

“Face it,” Bullion said, snapping Twilight out of her thoughts, “I’m totally safe where I am and who are you to try anything against me? This will head to court if this continues and if I have to return again.”

“Just because you’re a powerful business pony, doesn’t mean you have to be a bully,” said Fluttershy.

“Oh, I can be what I want to anypony I please,” he looked at Twilight, “Now, Headmare. I want you to recant the consideration of suspension and give my sons some kindness lessons and lessen their homework.” He looked again at Fluttershy, “Or would you rather face the music sooner than you think?”

Twilight wanted to do something, she wanted to fight back against this stallion as all the other threats she and her friends always did, she wanted to scream, tackle him and throw him in prison for all this. But, looking at all of her friends, she had no way out. She sighed again and looked at the horrible stallion, “Fine...I’ll do as you wish...”

Bullion smiled triumphantly, “Good. Now,” he looked at his watch again, “I’m taking my sons out to eat at a proper restaurant.” He put it away and looked at them, “Don’t make me have to come back here, it’s filthy.” He walked to the door and opened it, “Farewell, it’s not been a pleasure. Get rid of those creatures, they’re a disease.” With that, Bullion closed the door and left.


It was silent in the meeting room for a while, the students and other staff have gone home and most likely nopony else would have heard their shouting. All shared glances of defeat and concern.

Finally, it was Pinkie that broke the silence. “Well he was a real party pooper!”

“Are you kidding?!” Rainbow shouted, upset, “That guy was awful!” She crossed her hooves, “How in the hay could he have gotten where he is now?!”

“I must say, I’ve met bad Canterlot and Manehattan ponies, but he takes the cake more than three times!” Rarity declared, “Even worse than Fluttershy’s personas!”

“Ahem,” Fluttershy cleared her throat. Rarity’s eyes widened and blushed.

“Oh, I’m sorry, darling,” she said sheepishly, “I was just upset...”

“It’s okay...”

Fluttershy just looked to Twilight who had an uncertain look on her face, her gaze hasn’t left the door since Bullion left.

“I wish I didn’t react the way I did,” Fluttershy added.

“You can’t dwell on that now, darling, try to do better next time,” Rarity said, trying to encourage her.

Fluttershy only looked at her, “Thanks for the input.” Rainbow just kept going on about that stallion to Applejack as the orange pony tried to calm her down some.

“Twilight? It’s okay,” Spike assured her in a soft tone, “We’ll figure this out.”

Twilight looked at him and rubbed his head, “I know, but I just...I don’t want to head down that route he mentioned...”

“To court?”

Twilight closed her eyes, looking somber, “Yes, and that could mean even more trouble for the School.”

“Don’t say that we’ll be sure that there won’t be.”

“I don’t know Spike, this is getting serious. It’s been building up for months.”

“Can’t you figure something out? Anything?” Spike’s eyes shone with concern.

“I’ll do what I can think of, but right now,” she looked to him, “We need to make sure our School is up and running like it always should be.”

She looked at her friends, “Everypony.” All of them turned to her.

“I’m going to do what I can about all of this, but I’m going to need all of you to help,” she stood up, “How about we go and repair the damages and pay the plumbers overtime to get this school back together?”

“Let’s do it!” Rainbow said, pumping a hoof into the air.

“I do have most of my work done, so I’m in, we need to keep this school going!” Rarity agreed.

“I’m in!” Pinkie cheered.

“You bet I am!” Applejack chimed in.

“Me too,” Fluttershy said in a soft tone.

Spike nodded and Twilight smiled at all of her friends, “Thank you, I’m very grateful for all of you.”

All of them got into a group hug and laughed a little, their hearts filled with thankfulness before they pulled apart to do their work.

“Let’s not stay too late! I’ve got more work to do tomorrow!” said Rarity.

The other ponies giggled and assured her that she can leave early if she wants.


Twilight and her friends walked into the hallway which still had some water damage to it, the work ponies have cleaned up the lights that have fallen onto the floor and the shattered glass, too. When they turned a corner, a plumber pony walked up to them.

“Princess Twilight?” he said with a small bow.

“No need for formalities right now,” replied Twilight, “Just Twilight please.”

“Okay? The team and I have examined all of the pipes and boiler rooms in the School, and we can’t find any traces of what could’ve caused this to happen,” the plumber explained.

“Oh,” Twilight sulked, “Again?”

“Yep, I’m sorry, but we did a thorough examination as you wished, but we and the electricians didn’t find anything,” the plumber scratched his mane, “It’s as if they decided to burst all on their own.”

“Could it be some kind of magic?” Rainbow asked.

“We had our expert come to check into that,” the plumber explained, “She thinks it’s a possibility, but there’s no direct evidence at the moment.” He sighed, “I assure you, we are doing our best.”

“I believe you are,” said Twilight, “Thank you for all of this.” She smiled a little, “Besides, my friends and I decided to help and clean up so we can get the School going again.”

The plumber smiled, “Oh, that’d be great.”

“Well, let’s get to it,” said Applejack.

“Yeah!” said Rainbow.


Meanwhile high on a hill, Mystic has set up her own camp. Her tent is made of a few large branches with thick leaves, with some sticks keeping them up and she had a small fire going. Taking a bite of her cooked rice, she gazed out onto the landscape before her under a moonlit night. The glow gave her a sense of peace, not like she’s felt before when gazing at night.

Mystic brightly lit her horn and levitated a mirror to see her face. She had trimmed all of her once shaggy coat down into looking more presentable. It was a little rough but it was satisfactory enough to her.

Mystic levitated her rice as her horn quit glowing and she settled into her shelter.

As she ate her meal, she recalled several things she’d seen. Such as a city floating in the sky with flashing lights and neon signs along with beautiful lush green fields with multi-colored flowers that rolled across the field. She could practically still smell their sweet scent.

She almost felt bad for having to tie up Little Strongheart with her magic ropes and throw her onto a train. The buffalo was unharmed but Mystic was glad to be freed of somecreature tagging along with her.

Shaking her head clear of those thoughts, Mystic finished her rice and pulled out the map she’d collected. She could make some sense of it, but it’s like the lines and landmarks are almost like another language. And the creatures she’d been hunting, seemed to want to stay hidden.

“Whatever they’re planning, I will find them,” she said to herself. She kept her mind on the mission, nothing else, nothing else should occupy her mind. It was a painful fight, but it needs to be done so she can remain strong. Nopony gets the world as she does, it's just a sad place.

She glanced down at her necklace again. Darn it, not again. She closed her eyes and swore she saw orange eyes looking back at her. She opened her eyes, snapping out of it.

“Why must I see those everywhere I go?” she frowned.

Sighing, she put the map away and levitated her bag to her makeshift shelter. Is this some kind of scouting party? The tracks seemed to be going everywhere across the land. She took one more look to the view and was about to turn away until--a shadowy figured scurried across the field, into a forest ahead. Her eyes slightly widened, had they seen her? It looked like a feline, large enough to be a lion as she’d encountered.

Feeling a newfound determination swell in her chest, she stood up, doused her fire, grabbed her bag, tightened her belt and she took off after the figure. She could tell the forest was very dense, and she could see, far in the distance, were lights of a town.


It had been a long, activity filled day for Fluttershy. The tired pegasus slightly smiled as she neared her cottage. Birds flew up to her, greeting her. When she opened the door to her cozy cottage, Angel Bunny hopped up to her.

She smiled, “Hello Angel and my furry friends.” She cleared her throat. “Sorry I am late.” The birds and Angel looked a little concerned, but they nodded.

“I’ll be sure to feed all of you before I head off to bed,” yawned Fluttershy.

Angel hopped over to the table where Harry lifted him up, he grabbed a cucumber sandwich he’d made himself and held it up to his caretaker.

“Oh, thank you, Angel,” she said, grateful for the gesture. “I’ll eat after I feed all of you.” He looked at her again and raised an eyebrow. Fluttershy sighed, “Twilight has been concerned about... things happening concerning the school, I had a rough day today.”

Angel’s eyes widened.

“No, no don’t worry, I’m okay, and I’ll be sure to feed all of you,” said Fluttershy. “Now, let’s get you all fed.”

Soon, Fluttershy fed all of the birds, rodents, Harry, ocelots, and Angel. When she was finished, Fluttershy ate her cucumber sandwich and thanked Angel again before walking up to her room.

Harry the bear opened the door for her and she went inside with Angel as the birds tweeted goodnight to her. Fluttershy struggled to keep her eyes open as she moved through her cottage, taking in the animals surrounding her before moving upstairs into her room.

She looked back at Angel and bid him good night before she closed the door.

She sighed as she neared her bed, but then stopped, feeling a sense of concern and that something may happen. Her instinct told her to look out the window.

She did so, seeing the chicken coops out back and beyond them was the border of the Everfree Forest.

This certain feeling had come to her ever since she was a foal. It had come up when dealing with a difficult situation by herself, with her friends, or before something happened. Her eyes drooped again before she fell onto her bed and was out within seconds.


Ugh! Stupid forest! Mystic thought, brushing branches aside for the umpteenth time. Sheesh! This is a real sticky forest! Thick too! Her horn glowed a bit brighter as She looked at her hooves, covered in muck. How long had she been traveling after the figure? Hours? Days? She couldn’t tell it if it was still night. Her forest is thick and she’s navigated through forests similar to this, but she didn’t know her way around in this forest, so it’s very frustrating.

Inching forward, she came upon a small clearing and with enough opening in the trees to see the moon in the night sky. She’d long lost the trail and is only guessing where she’s heading now, but as much as she hated to admit it, she was probably lost. She looked around to see nothing but dark forest, not even her lighting spell helped much.

“I wish I’d stayed at camp,” she muttered. Despite aching muscles and feeling like her gear was weighing a ton, she moved forward, deciding to follow the moon.

She heard something growling.

Perking up, she looked around, grabbing her machete’s handle with her magic as she did so. Her nose wrinkled, a smell of putrid hit her like a smack to the face. Holding back a gag, she gazed to her right. Eerie green eyes pierced through the darkness, glaring right at Mystic. She glared back as she pulled out her machete, ready to fight.

“Come on out! I’m not scared of you!” she shouted.

The creature did just that, but a different one than what she was expecting. A wolf-like creature made of branches, limbs, and leaves stepped into the clearing, low and growling. Despite not expecting this, Mystic snorted, as if challenging creature.

The beast growled again and leapt for her, Mystic rolled to the side and threw her machete, missing the beast by inches before hitting a tree. The Timberwolf swiped a claw, Mystic dodged it and landed a solid punch on its muzzle, making it slightly crack. She backflipped over it before it swiped again and onto a branch.

She magically grabbed her machete and leapt down behind it, swiping her machete at its hind leg, creating a huge slice. The beast let out a yipe of pain before it charged again, but Mystic jumped over it and struck its back with the machete.

The creature turned around again, ready to pounce, but Mystic had grabbed a huge boulder with her hooves and threw it right at the wolf, smashing it to twigs and splinters.

She grunted as she lit her horn, levitating her machete to her side and back into its sheath.

“That’s what you get,” she said triumphantly. She turned to leave, but she heard something behind her. She looked to see the twigs coming back together surrounded by an eerie green glow. Her eyes widened in surprise.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” she said, never seen a beast regenerate. The putrid smell got stronger, almost making her vomit. She looked ahead to see two more eyes glaring at her. Then six more pairs of eyes appeared as well just as the first creature regenerated.

“Crap.”


Mystic dashed through the forest as the timberwolves howled behind her, seemingly at her calves. Sliding under a fallen tree, Mystic jumped, grabbing a branch, spinning around as she dragged the attached branch with her. Then she let it go and it smacked one of them, shattering it.

Running once more, she desperately looked for a way out, she came upon a hill and slid down, avoiding rocks and trees with her skillful hoofs. When she reached the bottom, the pack was still following her.

Jumping onto a tree branch, she pulled out several large knives and magically threw them at two of them, spinning until they hit their necks, decapitating them before their bodies smashed against a tree. Retrieving her knives and keeping her eyes on them, Mystic threw a large log, but it missed the agile creatures. Mystic ran again, the beasts right on her tail.

Mystic thought fast and lit up her horn like a floodlight, disorienting them as she continued galloping through the forest.

It seemed to be getting easier to get around, meaning the way out might be close! With this in mind, her determination, she continued onward ready to--

One of them pounced on her. Mystic landed hard on her back, she held both paws back with her strong hooves as the beast snapped its jaws inches away from her face. Letting out a shout, she moved underneath the beast’s belly, stabbing it in the gut with her machete before kicking it all the way through and bursting out the other side of the creating Whirling around, she saw large branches moving as red liquid seeped just above her eye.

“Dang it.”

She ran again, wanting to stay back when the other wolves regenerated. She sorted through her options as two more timberwolves burst out of the forest. Then, the same ones she dealt with earlier weren’t too far behind them.

“Aw for the Moon’s sake!” she shouted in disbelief. She’d handled a lot of things in her life, and knew of the risks going on an adventure like this.

But she didn’t take into account beings that can regenerate when you seemingly killed them. Mystic jumped into the air and swiped her machete at three wolves. All three were decapitated but that didn’t stop the others from making a full charge at her. She hated running, but she had no option and took off in the dark thick forest.


Fluttershy snored gently, not covered by the sheets as she dreamt good dreams. She looked so adorable, nopony would dare to... Angel and some rodents rushed to her bedside, making all kinds of squeaks of urgency. Angel gently nudged her awake and Fluttershy looked at her with her bloodshot teal eyes.

Fluttershy yawned. “Angel, everypony it’s the middle of the night and...”

The animals cut her off, pointing outside, chittering, chattering and grunting. Bemused and annoyed she was woken up, Fluttershy looked outside, her blurry vision clearing up. She was about to say something until she heard a timberwolf howl. Multiple howls that echoed out of the Everfree followed it.

Her pupils dilated. “Oh no.” Immediately, she got out of her bed and ran out of her room. I’ve got to get the animals inside now!


Despite taking out several of the beasts, Mystic still felt like there were more of them. She had to get out of this forest. As she continued to run, she heard more howling, but then the sound of the creatures pursuing her receded back into the forest.

Had they given up? Mystic slowed down, listening for any more sounds.

But didn’t even hear anything other than herself trotting through the forest. Despite not hearing anything, she kept moving.

Then she saw the edge of the forest, she perked up, now she can--SNAP! Large jaws bit right on her hind leg!

She howled in anguish, she swiped her machete at the beast’s face, hitting it so it let go. She landed hard on her flank, pain shooting up her right hind leg. Mystic gasped when she saw a much larger and bulkier version of those wolf-like creatures. Mystic staggered to stand and nearly toppled over due to her hurt limb. Mystic shot a beam of magic at the beast’s face, stunning it before she tossed a potion at it. The beast caught fire and yiped in agony as she made a run for it, but then she tripped down a hill and landed hard on her front left leg in a wrong position.

“Yeeooww!”


About a minute ago

Raccoons, birds, a giraffe, and many other animals hastily made their way inside Fluttershy’s cottage. With all the animals inside, Fluttershy carried some rabbits on her back.

“Okay, is everypony here?” she asked in a fast, urgent tone. All the animals let her know they were.

Just as Fluttershy was about to go inside--

“Yeeooww!” she heard a voice cry out from the forest. She gasped, and whirled around to face the forest, surprised and horrified at the sudden noise.

“What is somepony doing out there late at night?” she asked, completely taken aback.

She heard a timberwolf yiping in anguish as she saw an eerie orange light in the forest. She hurried the rabbits inside before she trotted to the edge of her walkway, looking out to the forest.

A few seconds later, she heard another cry of pain.

Fluttershy’s eyes widened more when she saw a pony tumble out of the forest, and the large timberwolf right behind her. She held her hooves to her lips as she looked on in horror.

The pony pulled out something and threw it right at the beast. The beast caught fire and began burning. The alpha timberwolf gave up on its prey and ran back into the forest, defeated. She looked at the pony, now sitting up and apparently heaving hard.

Without a second thought, Fluttershy took flight and flew right up to the pony and caught her before she hit the ground, apparently exhausted. Fluttershy saw she’s a unicorn. The unicorn looked at Fluttershy with half-lidded eyes, has slight cuts on her face and a bleeding hind leg.

“Oh... my... gosh...” Fluttershy whispered in complete horror and concern for the unicorn. She examined her injuries more and saw her left foreleg is slightly out of joint and it was bleeding some, too.

“Are you okay?” her eyes wide.

The unicorn slightly smirked, “Never... better. Just a scratch.” Then she passed out in Fluttershy’s hooves.

Dumbfounded, Fluttershy didn’t move for what felt like hours.

Her brain registered what had just happened. Taking flight, she made her a beeline back to her cottage with an injured stranger in tow.

Author's Note:

Well, that could've gotten a lot better couldn't it have? :ajbemused: I wonder what that awful business pony's deal is? I guess we'll have to see. :raritywink:

Aaaaaaaannndddd we have Fluttershy stumbling upon Mystic!

Please let me know your thoughts! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next