• Published 15th Aug 2020
  • 1,246 Views, 191 Comments

Wherever the Light Shines: Part 2 - MLPSolarDash1907



After fighting off a lion, Mystic discovers a plan to invade the land of Equestria. Deciding to travel there, she's unaware she'll run into six familiar faces. In the Crystal Empire, Starlight is looking into spell hypotheses and wants to crack them.

  • ...
5
 191
 1,246

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4 - The mysterious injured pony

Fluttershy pushed past the animals gathered in her cottage before she softly planted the pony onto the couch. Grabbing the pony’s belt with her hooves, she removed it and set it aside. She turned to her animals.

“Get me my medical kit, stat!” she ordered. The animals nodded as two parakeets took off to the Caring Room. Now that Fluttershy could see the pony better, she first turned her attention to the bitten right hind leg. The wound was bleeding, and the timberwolf had bitten into her thigh.

She looked at her left foreleg and saw it was out of its socket. Fluttershy sighed, grabbing a hold of it. She cringed before she made a move and with a loud pop the limb moved back into its socket. The animals cringed, Fluttershy looked back them apologetically then back to the pony.

She hadn’t awoken. Her left foreleg is still bleeding, but she had to take care of that bigger wound first. The parakeets returned with Fluttershy’s med-kit. She thanked them and opened it up.

Grabbing a small knife, she carefully cut the pony’s pant leg to get to the wound. It was a fairly large gash, but Fluttershy stayed focused.

She cleaned the wounds with water first, wiping the blood away, and stopping the bleeding with towels. She applied pressure on them to slow the bleeding down for about thirty seconds before moving on.

The wounds were soon cleaned and Fluttershy put antibiotics on her wounds to cure them of infection. Angel gave her the bandages and she wrapped them around the pony’s injury.


Fluttershy had bandaged the wounds up, making the left foreleg and back hindleg look like a mummy. The wounds on the pony’s face are bandaged as well. She hated to have cut some of the pony’s clothing, but what else could she have done?

Looking at her animals she spoke, “Thank you for getting me up. Who knows what could’ve happened if she’d been there all night?” She looked back at the sleeping orange pony, “And to think she was fighting an alpha timberwolf.”

Feeling a paw tapping her side, she saw Angel motioning his paws to the stairs. She smiled.

“Yes, I do need rest. But can you keep an eye on our guest please?”

Angel saluted her as if she were his drill sergeant and the animals chittered, chirped and nodded, agreeing to help as well. Fluttershy felt grateful for her animal friends. It felt better than just being in a house alone.

“Thank you all,” she said, then yawned, “I’ll see you in the morning.” Fluttershy headed back upstairs. But before she laid down on her bed, she decided to tell her friends about this immediately.


There was nothing like a good cup of coffee on a Saturday morning. No classes. Twilight just needed to schedule for the next school week, plus with Starlight coming back in a few days, Twilight is looking forward to having her guidance counselor back to help her out. The students are excited about the upcoming Gala, having never attended before. Finishing up her coffee, Twilight turned to her pancakes she’d cooked herself. Yes! She’s taking more lessons from Spike. The door opened and Spike himself walked in.

“Morning Twilight!” he greeted happily. “You got breakfast ready?”

“Yep!” Twilight chirped, levitating Spike’s own serving to him, “There you go my number one assistant!”

Spike chuckled, “You know, it’s nice seeing you cook for a change.”

“And I enjoy it,” Twilight replied happily, “And I can’t wait to try new recipes!”

“Well, I can show you more, after we eat!” Spike said, ogling his food before they both began making their way out of the kitchen to the dining room.

“And then we can begin organizing the library afterward! Or maybe reorganizing it as well!” Twilight said happily.

“Twilight! Spike!” a voice rang out, apparently urgent. The pair looked over to see Fluttershy running to them, completely out of breath.

“Fluttershy?” they cried. She stopped in front of them, breathing harshly. Twilight wrapped a foreleg around her as she regained herself.

“Twilight,” Fluttershy breathed out, looking directly into her friend’s eyes. “We need everypony to meet at the Map immediately. It concerns a pony I encountered last night.” She cupped the princess’ cheeks urgently, “She’s been badly injured.”

Twilight’s eyes widened, knowing Fluttershy wouldn’t approach unless this was an emergency. She nodded, “Come on, let’s get our friends.” She looked to Spike, “Come on Spike!” They galloped off, Twilight dropping her pancakes.

“But we were about to eat!” Spike protested, but Twilight didn’t stop running.


All of the Mane Six and Spike were gathered together, all sitting on their respective thrones around the Map. Fluttershy’s mane was slightly disheveled and Dash had some bags under her eyes.

“Darn it, Twi,” Rainbow yawned, “I was sleeping in because I had the day off and...”

“I know Dash,” Twilight cut her off, “But Fluttershy called us here for an important matter.” Dash just scoffed and looked away.

“Uh, what is it Fluttershy?” Applejack asked.

“Are we having an early morning party?” Pinkie asked excitedly.

“No,” said Fluttershy, Pinkie slightly frowned. “Sorry Pinkie, but something happened last night.” She shuddered, “One of the worst things I’ve seen happen around my cottage.”

“Go on, darling, tell us,” Rarity urged, clearly invested now.

Fluttershy breathed in and out, “Last night, I heard a group of timberwolves howling.” Her friends’ eyes widened but she continued, “I ran outside to gather all the animals into my cottage. But then, I saw a pony tumble out of the woods. And she fended off an alpha timberwolf.”

The others gasped.

“What?!” Applejack shouted in complete shock, Dash straightened up and looked just as surprised as Applejack.

“But aren’t those things rare?!” Rainbow asked.

“Yes,” said Fluttershy, “And the pony managed to wield it off with some kind of fire of sort. When it was gone, I brought her in to keep her from getting even more hurt, or even killed in case the alpha came back.”

“Oh, my goodness,” Twilight breathed out, “I can’t believe it.”

“Ponyville’s not seen a pack of timberwolves in a while, have they?” asked Spike.

Twilight shook her head, a concerned look on her face “No, and we’ve been fortunate. Unlike that pony. I’m very concerned about her.”

Rarity looked at Fluttershy with wide eyes, “Did you ever see the pack?”

“No, just the alpha,” replied Fluttershy.

“Is the pony okay?” asked Twilight, “Did you get her name?”

“No, I didn’t get her name,” Fluttershy rubbed her chin. “But despite her severe injuries to her hind and foreleg, she acted as if it was just a scratch. But it wasn’t just a scratch. The alpha bit her.”

“Oh, my Celestia,” Rarity said, slumping back into her throne.

“My goodness! That’s a major bummer!” Pinkie cried out.

Fluttershy nodded, “But I did manage to clean her up and bandage her. She should be fine. If anything, she’s lucky that it wasn’t much worse than it is now.”

“Did any arteries in her limbs get punctured?” Rarity asked.

“No, but if they had, I would’ve rushed her to the hospital.”

“That’s good,” said Twilight, “But I can’t believe she fought against an alpha.”

“I ain’t ever seen one of them since I was a foal,” said Applejack, “Even then, it was just in the distance.”

“What about the giant timberwolf when the three smaller ones combined?” Spike asked.

“That was different, Spike,” Applejack explained, “Alpha timberwolves are the dominant ones of the Everfree, and they can actually grow in size rather than combining together with others.”

“Whoa,” Spike said, awestruck. He gasped. “Wow! She’s lucky it didn’t grow any bigger!” Applejack nodded.

“So, what are we gonna do about the pony?” Rainbow asked.

“Well,” said Twilight, “We don’t know who she is or where she came from. But the least we can do is let Fluttershy tend to her wounds until she’s all better.”

“We’ll help out too, won’t we?” Rarity asked.

“Yes, we will, and we’ll make sure she’s back on her hooves before she knows it.”

“And we’ll show us how great of a party we can throw!” Pinkie declared, leaping onto the Map table. “And...” Pinkie gasped. I don’t know her! And I know everypony here! I gotta get to know her!”

Applejack bit on Pinkie’s tail and pulled her back down, “Simmer down Pinkie. We gotta help her before that.” Pinkie nodded, obviously excited.

“So, it’s settled then,” said Twilight, “But...” She looked at Fluttershy, “How about we pay a visit so we can see her ourselves?”

Fluttershy nodded, “Yes, I think that’s a great idea.” The Mane 6 got up from their thrones and began following Fluttershy. Pinkie began hopping along happily, being her cheerful, excited self.

“I can’t wait to see her! I love making new friends! And maybe I can introduce her to Gummy and my sister Maud! Oh! The possibilities are endless! And then--”

“Pinkie!” the others cried.

“Oops! Sorry!”


Ohhh, my head. Mystic thought, her mind just waking up, but not her body.

She felt her foreleg and hindleg hurting really bad. Darn, it might be time for a healing potion. She stirred as she laid on the couch, not being able to see where she was. Did she fall asleep? Where was she? The last thing she remembers was fighting those beasts and that accursed bigger one that had injured her. Blearily, she finally cracked opened her eyes, only to see a bunny and bear looking down at her. She snapped awake.

“Whoa!” she cried, her hooves flailing around, she tried to stand but fell down, pain shooting up her injured limbs, “Oh! By the stars above!” She stood up on her good hooves and saw a bunch of animals surrounding her in a small cottage. They all looked at her with weariness and curiosity.

“Where in the wide world am I?!” she demanded, her heart began racing, panic taking over her system. She hopped along, “And keep your paws off of me!” Suddenly she felt lighter. She looked and saw her belt was gone.

“What in the?!” she shouted, and her satchel was gone too! “Are you kidding me?!” The animals looked on guard now. “Where did you hooligans take me?! Huh?!” Mystic looked at them all frantically, where had she been taken to? The fear of waking up in an unknown location surged through her mind again.

“Oh, so you decide to bring me to make sure my guard’s down while I sleep huh?” She looked under a table, “Well it’s not gonna work! I will get out and not stop until...” She spotted a white bunny glaring daggers at her, “Oh what are you gonna do little fluffy thing? Where are my things?” The bunny glared harder and signaled the animals behind her. Harry, a spider, birds, and many rodents surrounded her.

“That’s it, I’m outta here!” Mystic claimed, moving through the kitchen, but was stopped by Harry from leaving. “Oh, so you think I’m going to be a pushover to you?! Well, you loonies will...” Mystic tripped and then fell backward onto her injured hind leg.

She screamed. “Thanks for that!” Instead of a hostile look as she expected, Harry had a concerned look on his face. Before she could say anything, the door opened and Fluttershy stepped in.

“Oh, my goodness!” she said, surprised, “You’re awake!” She headed over to her, Mystic had her eyes on the yellow pegasus.

“You shouldn’t be moving, you’re gravely injured,” said Fluttershy, “Let’s...”

“My belt!” Mystic shouted with a grunt, turning over onto her stomach and sat up some.

“What?” Fluttershy asked, confused.

“Where is my belt?! My things?!” Mystic cried frantically.

“Oh,” Fluttershy said, she looked to spot the belt on the other side of the den, spotting it, “It’s on the other side of the den.” When she turned back to Mystic, the orange unicorn had already gotten up, she pushed Fluttershy aside and hobbled across the den. All this while the other five and Spike were watching with slightly wide, yet concerned eyes.

Mystic quickly found her belt, she opened one of its containers and pulled out a small glass bottle containing a green liquid. The others watched in wonder as Mystic leaned back on a chair, keeping weight off her hind leg, she turned onto her stomach as she opened the bottle. Wheezing in pain as she sweated and levitated the container over her leg.

Her eyes shut tightly, as she poured the liquid on her leg. She hissed in pain for a few seconds but stopped as the liquid began working its way all around her thigh and hindleg. About ten seconds passed before the bandages peeled off, showing the wounds closing up into scars and then the scars vanishing. Everypony and Spike were amazed by this.

Mystic opened her eyes and sat in the chair properly, stretching out her healed limb. Levitating her belt up to herself, she looked at the other containers. She found her other glass bottles were shattered. She groaned as she put the belt to the side. She levitated her satchel up and looked in the containers, only to find more bottles shattered as well. She snorted angrily before placing it on the floor.

“No more healing potions,” she muttered, looking at her left foreleg. She looked to her right at the astonished ponies. A purple winged and horned pony, a cyan pegasus, an orange earth pony, a pink pony with a curly mane, and a white unicorn with a purple mane.

She snapped into action. She pulled her machete out of its sheath and pointed it right at them.

“Who the hay are you ponies?!” she demanded. “Where am I?!”

“Whoa whoa!” Applejack cried, “Please put the machete away!”

“Give me several good reasons why I should!” Mystic growled.

“Because Fluttershy saved your life!” Rainbow cried, pointing at the mare.

Mystic looked where she’s pointing and saw the same yellow pegasus she pushed by earlier. She raised an eyebrow.

“Fluttershy huh?”

“Yes, I’m Fluttershy,” said Fluttershy, “I had the animals watch you and...”

“Look, kid," she said, belittling her out of pride and uncertainty, “I had everything under control and I didn’t need your assistance.”

“Obviously you did!” said Rainbow, glaring at the pony, “You passed out after fighting an alpha timberwolf!”

“Oh, is that what the living brambles were? Seemed like nothing,” Mystic chuckled.

“It don’t look like nothing!” Applejack said, pointing her hoof at Mystic’s injured foreleg, “You clearly needed help! And without Fluttershy helping you, you would’ve died!”

“Not from my point of view. Now, where am I?!” Mystic’s look hardened again and kept her machete aimed at them.

“Put that machete down, darling!” Rarity cried.

“You’re not one to give me orders!” Mystic snapped.

Twilight stepped forward.

“You’re outside a village named Ponyville,” she said, “And we’re glad you’re moving around again.” She stopped in front of the cautious mare, “But you need rest and conserve your strength.”

“Ponyville? What kind of name for a village is that?”

“It’s just the name of the village the founders named,” said Rarity.

“And it’s full of fun!” Pinkie shouted happily.

“Apparently full of crazy ponies,” Mystic muttered.

“Hey, I heard that,” Twilight said sternly.

“Oh, I’m sorry little purple head!” Mystic said, getting angry, “I was just attacked by a bunch of ravenous timber... things and gave me a challenge that I clearly had under control and next thing I know I wake up in an unknown location where crazy ponies are trying to talk me down!”

“You’d better stop with the attitude or things will go down south for you!” Rainbow stated.

“Oh, and your attitude is better, skittle head?” Mystic mocked.

“What?!”

Twilight grabbed Rainbow with her magic and moved her back behind her before she could make a move. Twilight sighed and gave Mystic a caring look.

“Look, we were just concerned about you, and we want to help. But we’d like it if you’d be a little more hospitable to us, too.”

“And to the one who saved me? Hooray, give her a medal!”

“Enough!” said Twilight. She took a deep breath, “Listen, we’re not here to talk you down. We’re just wanting to help you. And we’ll show you how much we care about your health and safety.”

“Pfft, okay so we’re friends?” Mystic scoffed, flicking her bangs, “No, we’re not. Just met you.”

“Excuse me,” Fluttershy said sternly. “Regardless of how you’re behaving and if you won’t accept this from us, we will help you. And I’ll personally monitor until you’re better. I have all kinds of eyes to help me with that too.” She pointed to her animal friends.

“Yeah what she said!” said Spike, Mystic saw him for the first time. Her eyes widened.

“Dragon!” she shouted. She stood up from the chair, ready to take action, Twilight held Spike back.

“He’s a baby dragon!” she said, “He’s our friend and won’t hurt you.”

“Seriously?” Mystic asked, a little surprised. “Ponies and a dragon? Yeah right.”

Fluttershy placed her hoof firmly on Mystic, holding her in place while avoiding her injured foreleg.

“You may not be used to it, but we are. Now, sit still while my friends and I discuss things!” she said sternly as she sat Mystic back down. The younger mare looked at the mares who are making sure she wouldn’t make another move. She scoffed.

“Fine. Go have a fun little chat with your friends,” she said, looking away but keeping her machete up. Fluttershy looked to her animals, “Look after her please.” Then Fluttershy and her friends walked outside. Who were these ponies? She's not in a familiar world and she's had her pride damaged by being humiliated by something she should've had a handle on.

“Don't put your nose where it doesn't belong, get me?” she growled.

Angel returned the growl.


The Mane Six and Spike were silent as they headed to Fluttershy’s front yard. Birds and squirrels watched them before they came to a stop. When the mares faced each other, none spoke for a few seconds.

“So... that’s a character in there,” said Applejack, breaking the silence.

“You think?!” Rainbow said, “She’s spiteful! And she wasn’t grateful to Fluttershy!”

“Ah know, but we shouldn’t bash her in, she’s probably confused and scared.”

“I don’t trust her.”

“Goodness, when she saw us and the animals, she did show some slightly panicked behaviors,” Fluttershy added, “Believe me, I know that feeling and more.”

“What do you think, Twilight?” Rarity asked.

“Hmm, this pony clearly is aggressive and not grateful,” she said, rubbing her chin, “But we shouldn’t let her deter us from what we do best.”

“Make friends with her?” said Rainbow, “She looks sketchy, I think she’s a spy or something.”

“Rainbow,” said Fluttershy, giving a slight glare, “She was attacked and woke up with unusual faces around her.”

“Maybe she was trying to get something for somepony and she failed!”

“Okay, enough!” cried Twilight, “This is nothing we can’t handle. Let’s make sure she gets back on her hooves and show her some hospitality.” She looked to Fluttershy, “Fluttershy, I trust you’ll be able to handle her, right?”

Fluttershy nodded with a determined look, “I’ve handled Discord before, and I am certain I can handle this pony.”

“That sounds lovely, darling,” said Rarity, “By the way, her outfit just is just awful.”

All of Rarity’s friends looked at her with raised eyebrows, the alabaster unicorn shrugged, “What? I mean did you see what she was wearing? All that black.”

“Like Inky Rose,” said Applejack.

“Oh, she creates art out of black,” Rarity explained, she pointed to the cottage, “That mare there doesn’t know a thing or two about a fine outfit.” She smiled a little, “Oh, I think I might show her my outfit lines!”

“Okay, back on track here,” said Twilight, “As she gets better-”

“Throw her a ‘let’s be best friends’ party?!” Pinkie exclaimed happily.

Twilight sighed, “Encourage her that we’re representatives of what best friends are and show her the best hospitality we can give her.”

Rainbow’s eye twitched, remembering a certain dragon they helped before, and repaid them with nothing but deception, “What if she’s like Sludge?” she asked, “What if she’ll...”

“Dash!” Applejack shouted.

“Sorry, but still!” said Rainbow, but Applejack glared harder at the pegasus.

“Are you sure Fluttershy should handle her alone?” Rarity asked, “I mean, didn’t she have knives and a machete in that belt of hers?”

“That spells danger to me,” said Rainbow.

“Don’t worry, I’ll have the animals watch over them and keep her from reaching them,” said Fluttershy.

“Okay,” said Twilight, “Fluttershy you will look after her. And if you need anything just whisper ‘help.’”

Fluttershy nodded. Twilight looked to the others, “Meanwhile, let’s all get back to what we were doing and keep tabs on this pony.” With that, the Mane 6 and Spike went their separate ways while Fluttershy went back into her cottage.

Rainbow looked back at the cottage, seeing the unicorn sitting in the chair. She glared. With Bullion and the School’s problems on her mind, she doesn’t want anything else happening.

“I’ve got my eye on you. I won’t allow anypony or anycreature to hurt my friends. We’ve had enough trouble lately.” With that, she took off to sleep in a little longer.


Mystic was looking around the chair for the medallion and map she’d acquired.

But then she heard the door open. She quit looking, turning up to see Fluttershy closing it.

“So, what’d you talk about?” Mystic asked, keeping her machete close.

“Just friends discussing things,” replied Fluttershy, walking closer.

“Look, I don’t know if I’ll stay here, but I’ll be out of here once you let these animals stop standing on my tail!” Mystic growled.

Fluttershy gave her a stern look, “Look here. You’re not in any condition to go out anywhere.”

“Even after I healed my most severe injury?” Mystic asked with a raised eyebrow, “I can take care of myself.”

“Even though, I am still going to help you. You had a scratch on your back, too. I know you’re still hurting.”

Mystic sat up straight, holding back grunts as her pain shot through her back and the side of her neck, “Like I said. Just a scratch.” She stood up on her formerly hurt hindleg and no pain shot through it. Fluttershy looked at Mystic’s hurt foreleg and then back at Mystic.

“Can you please put your machete away?” she asked, pointing at it.

“Why should I?”

“Because I don’t want any of my animals to feel threatened. Besides, it’s just you and me.”

Mystic’s grip tightened on the machete. She was not letting her guard down. Harry let out an uncertain growl and gained her attention. She spotted some of the birds and rodents did look threatened and Angel is full on glaring at her.

“Fine,” she muttered. She moved it aside and placed it less than three feet from her.

“Good,” said Fluttershy.

“Whatever.”

The clock ticked as the two ponies went quiet.

“Where did you get that healing potion?” Fluttershy asked, “I know they exist, but what were you doing with it?”

“I made it,” replied Mystic, Fluttershy’s eyes widened.

“Whoa,” replied Fluttershy, clearly very impressed, “And did you make something to launch fire at the alpha?”

“Yes, I did, I know how to make things. And I only used my only two for a last resource.” She mumbled something, clearly not happy about losing those weapons.

“That’s amazing,” said Fluttershy, shuffling a bit, “Who taught you how do make them?”

“I taught myself,” replied Mystic, making Fluttershy softly gasp.

Mystic felt slightly uncomfortable with this pegasus’ amazed gaze looking at her.

“Look, kid, I need to go, and you will not keep me here,” Mystic stood up, not wanting to stick around, and she needs to get back on the mission and find a way to make more potions.

“Oh no,” said Fluttershy Not with that injured leg of yours. “And why do you call me a kid? I’m older than you.”

“I’ve got my reasons, pegasus,” Mystic replied limping forward. “Now, if you excuse me.” As Mystic lit up her horn, she put the belt around her waist and tightening it before clicking it back on. The unicorn turned to her satchel, only to find Fluttershy in front of her. Mystic slightly jumped.

“Hey,” said Mystic “Personal space.” Fluttershy ignored her and took her belt off. “Hey! That’s mine!”

“I know,” said Fluttershy, flying over to a countertop and placing the belt down, turning back to the annoyed unicorn. “But I’m going to make sure you’re taken care of and comfortable in my cottage.”

Mystic’s eyes slightly widened, Fluttershy started walking back to her, “And I don’t believe we’ve been introduced properly. My name is Fluttershy, this is my cottage just outside of Ponyville.” She stopped a few feet away before finishing, “What is your name?”

Mystic raised an eyebrow. “Is this an interrogation?”

Fluttershy shook her head, “I believe it’s called an introduction. We should get to know one another.” She smiled, “And you’ll get to know the others when you’re recovering.”

Mystic just looked at the pegasus at her, she wasn’t letting her leave and she was showing her a sympathetic, caring, warm smile. Why was this pony being so nice to a stranger? Did she want to gain something out of me?

Yet, despite those thoughts, Mystic’s instincts sensed no danger from the pegasus.

“I’ll get to know the others?” she asked finally.

“Yes,” replied Fluttershy, another thing Mystic noticed is that she was patient with her, “We’ll all help you. It’s what we do.”

Mystic scoffed, “Seems like Skittle Head doesn’t want much to do with me.” She looked outside the window, “And frankly, neither do I want much with her.”

“She’ll come around,” Mystic turned back to Fluttershy, “But I believe I asked for your name.”

Seeing no way out of it, the unicorn cleared her throat, “My name is Mystic.”

“Oh, Mystic?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yes. Is there a problem?”

“No, no, no. It’s just I didn’t expect that. It’s a pretty name.”

“Uhhh, okay?” Mystic said, with uncertainty.

“Hold on,” said Fluttershy, “Make yourself comfy in the den, I’ll make us some tea.” Fluttershy gave an encouraging smile and wrapped a foreleg around her, slightly surprising her as Fluttershy helped her over and sat her down on the couch. Her host trotted into the kitchen as the animals looked at Mystic in wonder, she felt a little annoyed and uneasy towards them.

“What’re you all staring at? Don’t you have things to munch on or something?” she asked them in annoyance. Angel glared at her again.

“Don’t worry about them,” Fluttershy called from the kitchen, the sound of a kettle whistling following, “They’re just curious and won’t cause trouble.”

“Well, I think curiosity will kill the cat someday,” Mystic called back, to which a cat hissed at.

Mystic took a look around the cottage.

It looked nice and cozy, birdhouses hung up, there were small pillows of multiple colors. She gazed over to the fireplace and saw a raccoon and spider perched on top of the mantel. She looked outside, noticing the forest she came out of last night. And her close encounter with the alpha.

Why in all things that are holy does this pegasus live close to that forest? she thought, sitting up. There’s got to be more dangerous creatures in there than what I encountered.

This pegasus mentioned a town nearby. Do crazy ponies live right next to this forest? She’s puzzled, she’s lived in a forest for a while, but danger is what she does. Do innocent civilians do the same? She doubts it. And--

A small flutter of wings interrupts her thoughts. She looked to her right and saw a smiling Fluttershy hovering over to a table and she set the tea set on the table in front of her guest. She poured the tea in and handed one over to Mystic. Mystic looked a little skeptical, but lit her horn and brought it to herself.

“Careful,” said Fluttershy, “It’s still hot.” She sat down in the chair next to Mystic.

Mystic looked at the tea in her cup, pondering on just standing up and walking out, but her injured limb still pumped with pain. She thought about those ponies Fluttershy was with, and they’re quite the strange bunch. And there’s a dragon with them? A baby dragon, but still, a dragon. She’d never seen one that close before. Mystic blew on her steaming tea as she continued to think about them.

“So,” said Fluttershy, interrupting Mystic’s thoughts, “Where are you from?”

Mystic looked at her. “I’m not from Ponyville or anywhere nearby.”

“I know you aren’t from Ponyville, but I’d love to know where you came from.”

Mystic sighed, “Let’s just say a hot and humid place.” Which was a lie, she can't allow ponies to know much about her. Or get close to her for that matter.

“Okay,” said Fluttershy.

Mystic took a sip of her tea, and it tasted good, tingling her taste buds with its flavor. Fluttershy smiled again, “You know, I always have tea parties with another friend of mine on Tuesdays. And I think I should do this more often with all my friends.”

“So, a friend pony huh?” Mystic asked nonchalantly, “Whatever suits you.”

Fluttershy giggled, “Oh, I’m sharing this with one of my friends now.” This caused Mystic to look Fluttershy directly in the eye.

“Who?” she asked. Fluttershy smiled a little wider, then Mystic’s eyes slightly widened. “Oh no. We’re not friends, and we won’t be friends. Got it?”

“I wouldn’t be sure about that,” Fluttershy assured her, a glint in her eye.

“Look, I didn’t come to have kiddy tea parties and play with fluffy animals. I just want to get out of here, as good as this tea is!” she said, before finishing off her tea.

“More tea?”

“Yes! I would like that very much!” She paused. “To prove how much this isn’t something I want to do!”

Fluttershy smiled and poured Mystic another cup. Mystic took another sip.

“And who’re you serving? Those ponies or some other high ruler?” Mystic stuck a hoof in the air, “And I bet she said ‘Oh make friends with this pony so you can gain all you want in the world because friends matter!’ Or some nonsense like that!”

“She said something similar to Twilight,” said Fluttershy in her natural tone.

“Who?”

“The one with a horn and wings you saw earlier.”

“The purple pony? She’s a princess!” Mystic found that situation to be bizarre and unlikely. “Became one?” Mystic asked with a raised eyebrow.

“It’s a long story, she’s the Princess of Friendship.”

Mystic snorted, amused, “Princess of Friendship? Oh, that’s just rich!”

“It is, and you being here is great because of two things.”

“What? What about me being injured in front so that I’m weak be ‘great’?” Mystic took another sip of her tea.

“I’ve noticed you’re still drinking tea despite being at a ‘kiddy tea party.’” That sentence made Mystic stop drinking her tea, and huff as she turned her nose up.

“And this is great because number one; my friends and I get to know you...” said Fluttershy, Mystic cracked an eye open, “And two; show you what friendship really is about.”

“Not going to happen, kid.”

“How old are you?”

“Old enough to take care of myself.” Mystic looked at Fluttershy, “And to know that your methods won’t work on a strong fighter like myself.”

“I doubt that,” Fluttershy challenged, “But we will get started soon.”

“You won’t get me to be friends with you,” Mystic said giving her a glare, Fluttershy’s smirk grew. She said nothing but finished her tea, grabbing a cucumber sandwich and taking a bite of it.

“And what do you mean by ‘getting started’?” Mystic asked, suspiciously.

“Oh, we’re going to feed my animals,” replied Fluttershy. Mystic snorted.

“You’re kidding.”

Fluttershy shook her head.

“Then how in the heck are you gonna move me? You don’t me to move so I won’t hurt my widdle foreleg!” Mystic mocked, “Or even break it!”

“I have a solution. Let’s just finish up here and then we can go feed my animals.”

“For labor out of me?”

“No, to spend time as friends,” Fluttershy said, getting out of her seat and rounding a corner.

“Oh, there’s no convincing you is there?!”

Fluttershy looked back at her from around the corner, “Nope.”

Mystic groaned.


“Seriously?”

Fluttershy nodded.

“Oh, come on this is embarrassing!”

Mystic sat in a pink wheelchair with yellow flowers as a smiling Fluttershy pushed it. Mystic held an annoyed look as she grumbled, her foreleg is held in a bracket to keep it from falling, and to top it off, she has a ribbon wrapped around it.

“First,” said Fluttershy, “We’re heading to my animal sanctuary to check in on all the new arrivals and then we’re heading to town.”

“Whatever.”

“I think you’ll like it,” Fluttershy continued. “It’s a wonderful place to be around animals and relax, too. I’ve waited long to finally achieve my dream.”

“And you’re going to tell me,” Mystic deadpanned.

Fluttershy giggled, “You sure are smart. My friends helped me build my confidence over the years and helped me build it. It’s been booming with all kinds of animals since then.”

“So, you’re a shy pony?” Mystic asked, “Well, makes sense since you’ve got ‘shy’ in your name.”

“Yes, but even shy ponies like myself can stand up for herself,” Fluttershy continued, rounding a corner, “Even against ponies stronger than me.”

“So, you believed in yourself the entire time?”

“For the most part, but my friends gave me the confidence to believe in myself and to be bolder when I need to be.”

Mystic stayed silent; she did briefly ponder on Fluttershy’s words. Mystic has always considered herself a brave pony and all shy ponies just shy. But this sounds a little different than what she’s always considered. Fluttershy continued to push the wheelchair down the dirt path, surrounded by beautiful green trees and multicolored flowers. The sky’s clear and it’s not too hot or cold.

“Have you wondered at nature too, Mystic?” Fluttershy suddenly asked.

“Uhm, sometimes,” replied Mystic, “I probably don’t connect with it as much as other ponies.”

“Well, I think you’ll appreciate it a little more now,” said Fluttershy. She pointed ahead as she stopped pushing the wheelchair.

Mystic looked and saw a beautiful animal sanctuary, from the trees with different fruits on them, a waterfall leading into a stream. Rodents like raccoons, rabbits, and weasels scurried along the luscious grass. Koalas, squirrels, and toucans rested on the platforms as a giraffe stretched under a palm leaf. A bear laid in a hammock as birds of multiple colors flew all around the sanctuary, and some perching on branches nearby. This whole area looks as if it’s part of the environment, a zoo without enclosures and a peaceful place for animals all around.

Mystic is a little taken aback, “Wow. Quite a place you’ve got here.”

“It was a lot of thought and energy put together by me and some by my friends, but it’s a reality now,” Fluttershy said, beaming.

She picked up some bags of feed and turned to Mystic.

“Do you think you can hold all these while I feed the animals?”

She smiled a little wider, Mystic rolled her eyes but grabbed the bags with her magic and levitated them.

Fluttershy began pushing the wheelchair again, some animals noticed her, they squeaked, chirped and waved at her, happy to see their caretaker. Some animals noticed Mystic and were a little wary around her. Fluttershy took notice.

“Don’t worry my friends,” she said calmly, “This is Mystic, she’s a friend of ours and won’t hurt anycreature here.”

The animals seemed to calm down a bit as an annoyed Mystic tried to ignore that Fluttershy called her “friend” again. The pegasus stopped right by the river, grabbed a bag and began pouring bird feed into the feeders nearby. As she did so, Mystic looked around the sanctuary again, taking in the sight of the waterfall as a couple of deer next to it leaped from one rock to another, she noticed a group of monarch butterflies flying across the river as well.

A little mouse came up to Mystic, she looked down at him and he’s offering some cheese with a smile on his face. Deciding to be courteous to save face, she grabbed it with her magic and ate it. It did taste good, she nodded at the mouse which squeaked happily before going off to meet his family.

Fluttershy tapped Mystic’s shoulder, causing the mare to look at her, and the pegasus motioned to a large brown bag.

Mystic levitated it to her, Fluttershy thanked her and went to dump some vegetables for some pigs and for some other animals to make their special salads. Mystic, having enough of sitting down, she removed her foreleg from the bracket, stood up and stepped into the river.

She slightly shivered at the coolness of the water, but relaxed and knelt down a little into the water, but keeping her wounded foreleg out of it. The orange pony sighed, relaxing a little bit. She needed it after the fight with the alpha timberwolf and a long journey, but it couldn’t last forever.

“I told you that you’d like it a bit more,” said Fluttershy, landing next to her.

“Did you finish feeding the animals?” Mystic asked, wanting this to be over.

“Oh no, we’re not done yet, but stay with me and the sooner we’ll be done.”

Mystic stood up and began hobbling slightly, Fluttershy tried to direct her back to the wheelchair, but Mystic pulled away.

“I’m not made of glass, all right?” Mystic stated in an annoyed tone.

“Fine, but I think you’ll be a little sore even if you are careful,” Fluttershy advised. Mystic just ignored her and moved onto the next feeding station.

“Now, if you’re going to feed the animals,” said Fluttershy, opening a box, “Place just enough as marked on the feeders. For animals such as ferrets, ocelots and other carnivores, feed them these fish.” She pulled out a few fish from a cooler and tossed them to some raccoons, “Only a few will do, and we’ll feed the deer and antelope some nutritious apples that Applejack lends to me.”

“Aye, aye, captain,” Mystic said in a sarcastic tone, pouring some feed into the bird feeder. She grabbed a couple of fish and tossed them to some ocelots and moved onto the next feeder.

The two ponies just kept quiet. Mystic hopped over the river and onto rocks, despite her injured leg.

She went from feeder to feeder, sometimes doing an occasional flip to show off and show she's capable of taking care of herself. She reached the giraffe’s feeder, climbed the tree and poured its food into the feeder.

Mystic was proud of herself; she’ll show that pegasus she doesn’t need constant supervision. She poured the final bag’s contents into the bear’s bowl, some fruits and vegetables, and a little meat as well.

“You doing well over there?” Fluttershy asked. Mystic looked at her with an incredulous look but said nothing as she headed back the way they came from, walking past the embarrassing wheelchair. Fluttershy pushed it as Mystic threw the bags in the trash and continued limping her way back to the cottage. Then, Mystic tripped, hitting the ground with a grunt but she managed to avoid landing on her hurt foreleg.

“Are you okay?” Fluttershy asked in a very concerned tone.

“I’m fine, I’m fine,” Mystic muttered, she stood up but winced in pain at her now sore foreleg. Mystic looked up and saw a concerned Fluttershy with soft eyes. Mystic sensed real care coming from this mare. This mare gave her a sense of some security and a strong desire to help her. She seems humble, kind, and willing to help somepony she'd only just met. Why?

Does her character feel very familiar? She briefly saw the orange eyes she always sees flash onto Fluttershy's blue eyes. A small pang came to her heart as a memory resurfaced.

“Fine...” she muttered. Fluttershy didn’t hesitate, she picked Mystic up by her shoulders and gently set her down in the wheelchair.

“I’m glad you’re listening some,” she said softly as she begins pushing the wheelchair again. The two ponies were silent for a little bit as Fluttershy pushed and looked at her animal friends in the area.

“Hey...” Mystic said, “Do you know of any healing ingredients?”

“Uhm what?” Fluttershy asked, confused.

“I mean we’re going to town after this, and I thought I’d look a little to see about finding ingredients I can mix together into an ointment of sort that will heal my foreleg.”

“Really? You mix things together?” Fluttershy asked, surprised.

“Yeah, I mean you saw me heal my other wound. Plus, I want to be healed and out of this wheelchair,” said Mystic, settling a bit.

“Well, I’ll help you in any way I can. I want to heal you too,” Fluttershy said with a smile.

Mystic nodded, “Good.” She sighed and looked out straight ahead.

“The ointment may not be as effective since I don’t have my proper tools but I’ll make progress,” she said.

“Oh, and the rest of my friends will be happy to help you recover. Everypony and everycreature need help from time to time,” said Fluttershy.

“What?” Mystic asked.

“Remember those ponies I brought over? Those were my friends and they’ll be happy to assist as well. And Pinkie would be thrilled to get your welcome party ready,” Fluttershy giggled.

“My what?” Mystic perked up. “A party? But I-” She can't go to a party. She doesn't do them. Mystic was about to say something, but paused and remembered something, “Hey, when you found me, did you find anything else?”

“Uhm,” Fluttershy paused. “I don’t believe I have.”

On the outside, Mystic is calm, but she was somewhat freaking out on the inside,

Oh no! The map! The medallion! The scrolls! She cleared her throat and asked, “Have you been out there since the incident?”

“No, but some ponies were out there assessing the damage and they got it cleaned up,” replied Fluttershy, she looked down at Mystic, “Why? Did you lose anything else?”

“Oh no,” Mystic quickly answered. “I just thought I lost some food or additional weapons.”

“Okay then,” said Fluttershy, now they’ve both arrived at her cottage. Fluttershy began flying to her cottage, “I’ll be right back, I’m going to get my shopping bag and list.” Mystic only nodded, reflecting that her scrolls, the map, and lion medallion she’d found have been lost.

“Maybe heading into town isn’t such a bad idea,” she muttered to herself.


“I think you’re going to like our little town,” said Fluttershy, pushing Mystic as carefully down the street, “It may not be the most exciting looking, but it’s truly an exciting place.”

“I bet if you live next to that forest with killer wood wolf creatures,” replied Mystic, Fluttershy giggled.

“Oh, we’ve been through enough to-- whoa!” Fluttershy stopped abruptly, making Mystic jump a little. She looked ahead to see a few ducklings following their mother. They quacked happily at Fluttershy as they got into a small pond nearby.

Fluttershy wiped the sweat from her brow, “Whew! That was close.” She began pushing the wheelchair again, Mystic just had a raised eyebrow.

Entering the town, Mystic saw a bunch of comfy looking cottages with straw and hay for their roofs, a fountain was in the center of an opening springing water out, and there was a trio of flower girls delivering bouquets of flowers, a wall-eyed mailmare slamming into a sign but recovered, and began flying a different direction as if were nothing.

A huge, muscled pegasus with small wings and red eyes was lifting some dumbbells in front of some other ponies lifting up heavy boxes and bags of fruit. Then the pegasus freaked out about being late and took off, dropping his dumbbells and leaving the others in the dust.

As Fluttershy rounded a corner, Mystic spotted a white unicorn with spiky blue hair jamming to some tunes on her headphones as a classical looking earth pony tried to get her attention. She saw a spa, where the bulky pegasus was running to, a joke shop, some restaurant, and the big gazebo in the heart of the town where she saw who she assumed was the mayor walking out of.

The whole town is alive and active, ponies going to and fro, fillies and colts playing together. Mystic looked beyond the cottages to the mountain containing an elegant looking city colored white and gold, making it look majestic as if represented the land surrounding her.

Rounding yet another corner, the Ponyville marketplace came into view and it’s bustling with all kinds of ponies buying different food and some necessities for their homes. While this was in the main line of sight, Mystic took notice of a spire of a giant crystalline building that seemed to really stick out.

“Ouch, looks like a sore hoof,” she muttered.

“What was that?” Fluttershy asked, “Did you say something?”

“Talking to myself, nothing important,” replied Mystic.

“Well, we’re here. And didn’t you mention you needed some ingredients?”

“Yes. And I don’t need a list, I know when I see them.”

“All right, let’s look for what we both need,” Fluttershy smiled.

Mystic isn’t concerned about being in the pink wheelchair anymore, as long as this pegasus can help her find things to heal her then the sooner she can leave and look for what she’s lost.

Fluttershy continued to push Mystic through the marketplace, some ponies telling her hello and they noticed Mystic, who Fluttershy told them she’s a friend. She kept close to her patient, picking out berries, carrots, beets, lettuce, strawberries, bananas and more.

She seemed to pick up extra fruit which seemed more than enough for just her. Mystic kept her eyes on everything like a hawk, but she doesn’t see any of the ingredients she needs. She sighed and turned to Fluttershy.

“Look, I hate to ask, but do you know where any comfrey and Aloe Vera are?” she asked.

“Oh, are the ingredients you need?” Fluttershy asked.

“Not exactly, but some ingredients that could help,” replied Mystic, pulling out a glass container, “With some of my magic I could amplify the effects and cause my wounds to heal some.”

“There is some comfrey just outside the marketplace. I need some cherries and then we can go get some.” She paused, grimacing, not looking forward to the cherry stand.

"Good," said Mystic, "Just be sure to the leaf, root, and root-like stem, the rest of it contains poison."

“Oh, my,” Fluttershy said, moving the wheelchair along. Then she stopped in front of the cherry stand. A burly brown stallion with a red bowtie, an apron with cherries on it, and a blue hat smirked tauntingly at Fluttershy.

“Oh, look who’s come back once again,” he said in a mocking tone.

“Hello again,” Fluttershy said in a calm tone.

“What can I get for you today?” the cherry vendor sneered.

“I need several cherries for my animal friends,” Fluttershy replied, still in the same tone, Mystic looked between the two with a raised eyebrow.

“Fifty bits then.”

“What?” Fluttershy cried, aghast, “You can’t honestly be serious!”

“You know I am, little shy pony,” the vendor went on, “You either take these cherries or leave without them.”

“But I need some bits for my sanctuary!” Fluttershy’s veins started pumping a bit more as Mystic starts to get annoyed at this pony. Annoyed that he's wasting both of their time.

“And I don’t care about you and your dirty little animals, and I see you have a new friend with you. As for that and wasting my time, seventy-five bits!”

“That’s not fair,” Fluttershy said in a firm tone, “You will let me charge you ten bits for them and no more.”

“Oh, really?” the vendor challenged, “I-”

“Enough!” Mystic shouted, standing up, grabbing the stallion’s bowtie and pulling him right close to her, fury in her eyes, “You will give her those cherries for what they’re actually worth. You will apologize and give her the respect she deserves or I will beat you to a pulp and magically shove your bowtie right up your flank!”

The cherry vendor was shaking in his hooves as this younger pony held him firmly in her grasp.

Mystic glared harder at the quivering stallion, “You’re wasting both of our time.” She levitated ten bits from Fluttershy’s pouch and the cherries into her basket.

“Do we understand each other?” Mystic asked with as much venom as she could.

The stallion nodded vigorously, “Y-Y-Yes! I’m sorry Fluttershy and you take your cherries for ten bits!” Mystic nodded and shoved him back into the stand, crashing into the barrels of cherries. Mystic sat back down in her wheelchair and set her injured foreleg back into the bracket, and saw Fluttershy hasn’t moved.

“Fluttershy?” Mystic asked, calming down, the pegasus looked at her with wide eyes, “Mush, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy obliged and muttered an apology to the cherry clerk, who was struggling to get up, and they quickly headed out of the marketplace. Mystic ignored the Ponyvillians whispering among themselves.

Author's Note:

Well, Mystic finally met the Mane Six! I think it turned out pretty well. What do you guys think? :twilightsheepish:

And that stallion Mystic ended up antagonizing was the cherry vendor from Putting Your Hoof Down where he overpriced the one cherry for Fluttershy for no reason!

PreviousChapters Next