• Published 28th Nov 2012
  • 330 Views, 9 Comments

Fireworks and Ancient Evils - shamrox17



Shamrock Wilder moves to Ponyville to find love, mystery, and an ancient evil.

  • ...
 9
 330

Chapter 1

The black pegasus parked the medium sized trailer just below her cloud home. She untied the rope that she used to pull her trailer from her hindhooves. Shamrock grabbed a few big cardboard boxes and flew up to the front door. Her new home wasn't very big considering the size her home in the Crystal Mountains was she, but when it's just one pegasus living alone you probably don't need a lot of room.

Shamrock pulled out the house key she'd stowed inside one of her fabric bracelets. She unlocked the door and flew inside with the boxes, setting them down in the living area. Thanks to her doctor parents, her home was already furnished. All that was left to unpack was clothes and decorations. Shamrock flew down to her cart again. As she was grabbing more box a pink pony popped out from behind the trailer with a yell of, "WELCOME!"

"AHHH!" Shamrock jumped back, dropping the boxes she had been holding. Her heart was pounding so hard that she could distinctly hear it's fast THUMP THUMP THUMP. The crazy pink pony extended a forehoof, "I'm Pinkemina Diane Pie, But everyone calls me Pinkie Pie, or Pinkie, or Party Pony or..." Pinkie went on and on. Shamrock's heart beat slowed to just above it's normal pace and she shook Pinkie Pie's hoof. When she finally finished her long list of nicknames Shamrcok introduced herself.

"I'm Shamrock Wilder. I just moved from Maneland, in the Crystal Mountains." Pinkie's face brightened even more (If that's even possible.) "Wow that's so cool!!! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to the Crystal Mountains!! They're so sparkly! I'd bet it'd be an awesome place for a party!" Pinkie's words came out in a rush, Shamrock barely understood what she was saying.

"Oh that reminds me! I always throw a welcome party for new ponies in Ponyville and I've already started getting ready for yours! Come to SugarCube Corner tonight. Seven o'clock to midnight! There's gonna be music and food and dancing and games!!!! It'll be so much fun!" Shamrock smiled, "I'll be sure to be there. Thanks Pinkie Pie."

Pinkie Pie looked at her watch, "Oops! I'd better get going! Parties don't plan themselves ya know!" With that, Pinkie Pie ran off and around the corner of a building. Shamrock picked up the boxes she dropped and grabbed the last box that was in the trailer. She hurried into her house feeling a small buzz after talking to the party pony. Shamrock began opening boxes. A ray of sunshine shone through the window making her green firecracker cutie mark sparkle.

Shamrock's special talent is fireworks. She owned a firework store and could create the most magnificent firework shows in all of Equestria. She was even chosen to create a firework show for the Grand Galloping Gala next year. Since she was little, Shamrock always had a thing for the bright lights and loud booms of fireworks. It was no surprise that she got her cutie mark shooting off her first firework. She was the first in her class to get a cutie mark.

Shamrock had unloaded everything in the boxes and started putting away clothes and hanging up decorations and knick knacks. The last thing to be put up was a small pictures frame she set on her desk. Inside was a picture of her family. She stood next to her mother and father and kneeling in front of them was her six year old brother, Light Strike.

She missed them so much, but she need to get out on her own. In what felt like no time she was done unpacking. Shamrock glance at the alarm clock she set on the bed; it read six- forty five. "Geez I'd better go before I'm late."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shamrock let the wind carry her over Ponyville searching for SugarCube Corner. When she saw the store that looked like a gingerbread house and saw a few ponies making they're way to it, she knew that where she should go. She landed softly on the cobblestoned pavement leading to the shop. Shamrock pushed the door open and froze. The whole place was decked out in streamers, balloons, strobe lights and colorful lights, huge speakers and table of sweets and punch. A small stage sat in the corner with a mic. The music was being played by DJ P0n-3 so the bass was on full blast causing Shamrock's heart to beat along with it.

The bass was so strong that you could feel the sweet tables vibrate. "There you are! Come meet my friends!" From behind Pinkie Pie pulled Shamrock over to a corner of the room. In front of her was five mares and a little dragon standing with smiles on there faces. "Guys this is Shamrock Wilder! Our guest of honor! Shamrock this is Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, and Spike!' Shamrock shook each hoof and hand according to each name Pinkie Pie said. The purple mare, Twilight Sparkle, stepped forward, "It's very nice to meet you Shamrock, If you ever need anything just come to one of us." Shamrock gave Twilight a smile.

"Oh Flitter! Don't put the balloons there!" Pinkie said, running off after Flitter. "Is she always like this?" Shamrock asked the group. "Yes!" the group said in unison. Shamrock laughed. "I Like your shades Shamrock," Spike said. "Thanks" she responded. Mares and stallions started pouring in, grabbing drinks and food, and flooding the dance floor as the music grew louder. A white stallion with a star cutie mark made out of eighth notes walked over to where Vinyl Scratch was playing music.

"Who's that?" Shamrock asked but none of the ponies were behind her anymore. She glanced back and the stallion. He looked over at her making eye contact and smiled. Shamrock looked away blushing. She walked over to the punch bowl and poured herself a cup. A blue coat mare walked up to the punch bowl. "Hey. you must be the our guest of honor eh?" She asked. "Yeah, I'm Shamrock Wilder." She extended her forehoof. "Blue Dawn, but everypony calls be Dawn," She said with a smile, shaking Shamrock's hoof. "What's your special talent for?" Blue Dawn asked. "Fireworks, I'm real good with gunpowder," Shamrock and Dawn laughed. "How 'bout you?" "I'm amazing with sugar, I make all sorts of candies." Dawn turned so Shamrock could see her cutie mark, a pink lollipop.

"Sounds awesome!" She said. Just then, the music stopped and a spotlight shone down on Pinkie Pie who stood on stage. "HELLOOO EVERYPONY!!" She screamed into the microphone. The crowd cringed as the mic gave off a high pitched squeal. "Oops!" Pinkie giggled. "Shamrock come up here.." Pinkie whispered away from the mic. Shamrock walked over to the steps and walked on stage. "Everypony meet Shamrock Wilder!" The crowd cheered and Shamrock blushed.

She's got this firework shop on the square so if you ever need fireworks come to her! Anyways I hope you guys make her feel welcome here! Now let's PARRRRRTTTAAAAYYY!!!!" The crowd cheered once more as the spotlight turned off and the music started up again. Shamrock flew off the stage and to the sweets table. She grabbed a slice of apple pie and took a bit. As soon as the pie hit her taste buds Shamrock's eyes grew wide and a rainbow of flavor dance in her mouth.

Shamrock continued to eat, in awe of the delicious tastes. "You liking that pie there sugar cube?" Applejack stood behind her smiling at the pie crust on Shamrock's face. "This is amazing!" she said. "Who made this?" Applejack's grin grew wider. "Well yours truly. Ah work on the Apple Family farm just outside ah Ponyville. We make the best apple pie, apple fritters, apple turnovers, zap apple jam, apple cobbler, and any apple thing you can think of!" She finished with a proud gleam in her eyes. "I should come out there sometime." Shamrock said still enjoying the pie.

"Ha. Sure thing Shamrock." Applejack left to talk to fluttershy who was cowering in the corner from the loud bass thumps extruding through the speakers. Shamrock looked around the room to see a strange gray haired pony walking around in a sneaky manor. His eyes darted back an forth scanning the crowd for watching eyes but missing Shamrocks gaze. The mysterious stallion slipped into a back room without being noticed by the rest of the ponies at the party.

Shamrock set down her pie to follow him but a tap on her shoulder stopped her. She turned to see the stallion with the eighth note star cutie mark smiling at her. She blushed, "Hi. I'm Shamrock." "Yeah I heard," He said with a smile. Shamrock's blush grew fiercer. "Sorry, I'm Bass Beat. I'm Vinyl's apprentice." Shamrock's mouth gaped. "Nuh uh! That's awesome! You're so lucky to work with a pony so awesome!" "Heh yeah she's pretty cool. So I was wondering if you might wanna, uh dance with me?" Bass asked, obviously nervous. "Yeah sure!" Shamrock said a little too excited.

The two pony's walked onto the lit up dance floor. Shamrock did all her best dance moves and they both laughed when Bass Beat tripped over his hooves. After they dance one song the music started getting softer and softer. When the music died the spotlight came back on Pinkie. "Hey everypony! I'm sorry to say that it's midnight so the party has to end." Pinkie looked really sad, you could tell she hates ending a party. "But I'm sure there's gonna be another party soon!"

The party pony left the stage and the normal lights brightened and ponies started walking out. Shamrock turned towards Bass but he was no longer behind her. She felt her heart drop. 'Maybe he left because I bored him..' She shook her head. 'Don't think like that! I'm sure there's a good reason for why he left without saying goodbye. Shamrock walked out of SugarCube Corner and began running. She took flight, searching for the lights in her cloud home. Once she could see it, Shamrock sped up. She made it to the door and took out her key.

Inside Shamrock felt instantly tired, instead of getting ready for bed she just went into her room and flopped down on her bed. Within minutes her breathing slowed as did the rising of her chest.


A/N: Hey. Like I said, this is my first story. I'd appreciate any criticism. If you feel that there's something i need to fix or anything that would make my story better comment it below. Thanks for reading if you actually read through the whole thing. I'm also working on a real novel so I'm using this to see if people like my type of writing. Thanks again! Love and Tolerate- Shamrox17 (AKA Shamrock WIlder.)

Comments ( 9 )

Hey! I took the first comment so there won't be any, "I got first comment! HA!" So stop it. :heart::moustache:

1135456 Fak u gooby. :rainbowkiss:

1699147 AAAANNNND, THERE'S FUQQING REGIDAR. As usual.

Anyway, shamrox, not to sound mean, but this is exactly the kind of story people don't want to read. Self-insertion via OC, moves to "ponyville," meets the mane cast, falls in love, saves Equestria. I believe that's been done several hundred times. You should try for an original idea focusing on established characters.

I do like the name of your OC, though.

The wall. It burnz.

Black and green guys. it's the new black and red.

Also, is the Comedy tag up there to look pretty? Because I didn't laugh at all in this. I was too busy being distracted by the horrific wall of text and annoying self-insert. My thoughts could probably be summed up like this.

static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Unfunny_5909f2_1436747.gif

Now for the good bits.... well... at least your OC doesn't have the word 'Shadow', 'Night', or 'Blade' in their name. I guess you have that going for you. Honestly, Shamrock's a pretty original name, so kudos there.

1699926. The comedy tag was definitely not to look pretty. There was supposed to be more funny things in the next chapters. This is my first story though so I'm reading people's opinions and working on new stories. Though I don't think that I'll continue with this story since everyone is tired of "move to ponyville, meet the cast, fall in love, and save equestria" stories and self insert. I will be thinking of other ideas.

Login or register to comment