• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 2,453 Views, 229 Comments

The Dusk of Troubled Views - ScorchingFlamesInc



In this sequel to The Dawn of a New Mission, Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow question themselves a day after reforming. But when they are banished to an unknown world, the fate of Equestria relies on them... and three bipedal creatures.

  • ...
13
 229
 2,453

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17: Conversations and Fire

The wheels continued rolling on the road as the car resumed driving on the road. My back was getting sore from crouching, but it was better this way.

We were all silent as the car drove on the road. We had no idea what to do next.

It took a while for one of us to finally speak up.

"Leo..." Chrysalis started. "What happens now?"

I sighed.

"Before Luster teleported us into the building to save you, we made up a backup plan just in case she couldn't teleport us back. We decided to stop by somewhere once the driver started feeling tired."

"Not a bad idea," Tirek admired.

Another minute long silence.

"We didn't get to thank you for saving us, by the way," said Cozy.

"Well why WOULDN'T I save you?" I said. "I saved you because you're villains on a show. I wanted you to reform. And you did before you got here on Earth. But that's not the biggest reason I saved you. I did it because you're my friends."

Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy looked at me.

"Friends?" Cozy blinked.

"Of course. I thought you caught on already when you first got here."

"I... guess it's still shocking that you would call yourself our friend. Especially since you know about what we did," Tirek said,

"Well reformed or not, I would try to reform you in the most sincere way possible. Like what Luster did. And I'm not the only one who considers myself your friend. Dave and Eddie do... I think?"



*One hour later... third person view...*



The sun was finally on the verge of setting. The car continued going. We stopped at gas stations a few times either for food or bathroom breaks. Nothing more.

In the car, the two friends were having conversations of their own.

"This is weird..." Dave mumbled. "You gonna bring this up to the Missus?"

"What do you think?..." Eddie rubbed his forehead with a free hand. "You?"

"HAH!... No..."

"Thought so..."

All of a sudden, the car jerked. Eddie felt the wheel move beneath his hands, and not in the direction it was going. The wheel jerked again, this time more severe.

"EDDIE!!!" Leo's voice called. "WHAT'S HAPPENING?!?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!!! IT'S NOT ME!!!" Eddie shrieked..

Suddenly, the car jerked and swerved off the road... right into the open plains.

Screams of shock and terror were heard from both the front seats and the back tailgate. Everyone in the tailgate were all huddled together.

"HANG ON..." Leo screamed.

"WE'RE TRYING!!!" Chrysalis exclaimed.. Her head was arched up so her horn wouldn't stab anyone.

The car continued to swerve around the field for what seemed like forever. By then, it was clear that Eddie wasn't responsible.

But finally, the car stopped, and everyone's breathing was incredibly heavy.

"What the hay just happened?" Cozy squeaked.

"I don't know..." Leo said. "Maybe-"

But before anyone else could say anything, a yellow light illuminated the vehicle. When it was gone, the three former villains felt that their friends weren't with them. Despite the low amount of light, the former villains could still see that their suspicions were correct.

"ACK!!!" a few voices groaned..

"LET US GO!!!" Dave's voice yelled out.

"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?" Eddie barked.

"Getting what I want..." a very familiar sinister voice said.

"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU?!?!" Leo's voice said.

"I am Judgement Law. And I'm here to claim what's mine!!!"

Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow were engulfed in a yellow light, and they were lifted out of the tailgate. As soon as they were high enough, they could see the cloaked pony that they never thought they'd see again: Judgement. Behind him were Leo, Eddie, and Dave. They had clear yellow chains on their bodies, laying on the ground, and straining.

"Well, well, well... it's nice to see you again..." he smirked..

The former villains were shifted in the air to a straight line. Cozy on the right, Chrysalis on the middle, and Tirek on the left. They felt themselves levitate forward before Judgement spoke some more.

"Now let's make sure you don't escape..." the cloaked pony said.

Suddenly, the glow on his head got brighter and the former villains could suddenly see a wall of yellow fire appear behind the three trapped humans. They could see the wall extend before it curved and left their peripheral vison.

"This ring of fire will prevent any escape..." Judgement mumbled. Finally, the trio felt themselves lower down to the ground, before their hooves finally touched the grass. The yellow glow on Judgement's head faded.

"Now..." Judgement started. "You're coming with me... you and the humans..." Judgement's head glowed yellow again. "Or else one of you, human or not, would disintegrate."

The former villains each looked at each other before they looked back at Judgement.

"We have no magic..." Chrysalis explained. "And if it means that you won't harm our friends, we will come with you. I just have one question..."

"Spill!" Judgement commanded.

"WHY are you doing this to us? At first, we thought you were against our reformation. But we soon learned that you even conquered Equestria. Turned Princes Twilight to stone and everything. WHY?!?!"

Judgement chuckled.

"I guess it's time you know who I really am..." Judgement said.

Suddenly, all of Judgement's body, except for the cloak, illuminated in a bright yellow glow. A few seconds after his body started glowing, the cloak on his body disintegrated, revealing the silhouette of a pony with a short mane and tail.

But then the silhouette started to change.

Judgement's body got shorter. His chest and muzzle expanded and his unicorn horn sunk into his head and two larger horns sprouted out.

Finally, the transformation was complete. And Judgement's true form was someone that shocked and confused everyone (except for Dave and Eddie).

Cozy Glow was the one to utter his name.

"Grogar?"

Author's Note:

SUPRISE!!! Judgement has been Grogar this whole time. I've been excited for this twist for a long time. I guess you could say Grogar pulled a Discord there.

Comment your reactions on this Grogar twist, if you'd like.

But what about the other two cloaked ponies? Why would Grogar betray every other cult member but them?

HOW is Grogar back?!?!

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!?!?!?!

Find out tomorrow...

Feel free to make theories on what will happen! And always let the brony or pegasister within conquer your creativity.

PreviousChapters Next