• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 2,458 Views, 229 Comments

The Dusk of Troubled Views - ScorchingFlamesInc



In this sequel to The Dawn of a New Mission, Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow question themselves a day after reforming. But when they are banished to an unknown world, the fate of Equestria relies on them... and three bipedal creatures.

  • ...
13
 229
 2,458

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: Windows and Freedom

The portal in the Canterlot throne room buzzed as Thorax and Scorpan stepped out. The throne room was still empty, as Thorax had said. When Thorax and Scorpan were a good distance away from the portal, the statue appeared out of the potal as well.

"We better get out of here before Grogar returns," Thorax warned.

Scorpan looked around the room.

"I think the windows in this room are big enough to fit us all..." he analyzed. "But we will need to make it so our tracks are hidden. By the time Grogar discovers the missing statue, we will need to be in a hidden place."

"You could detatch a window and then reattatch it when we escape."

"Perhaps..."

Scorpan set down the statue, faced a nearby window, and lifted his claw, which immediatly emitted a golden glow. An orange line began to sketch on the edge of the window. Slowly it dragged itself along the edge of the window, as if it was going to be carved out. A minute later, the window was removed from it's spot, a loud pop echoing in the room. The window levitated under the golden glow.

And then the hoofsteps came.

Quickly, Thorax and Scorpan snapped their heads to the hallway that led to the throne room. Despite the doors being ajar, they could hear the loud footsteps.

"Grogar..." Scorpan hissed bitterly.

"We better hurry!" warned Thorax.

"You go first, I go next, then we get the statue," Scorpan ordered.

Thorax obeyed, opening his elytra, spreading out his wings, and then flying through the window and out of the room. As soon as Thorax buzzed out of the room, Scorpan quickly followed. He turned to face the open window that led inside the throne room, the statue still on the floor, and the window still levitating. The statue suddenly began to glow and lift off the ground as the golden glow on Scorpan's claw intensified.

Both Thorax and Scorpan got out of the way as the floating statue dashed out of the window. Scorpan then put the window back in it's place (luckily, it fit on the first attempt), and the line seperating the broken window from the wall suddenly shone bright. When the glowing finally stopped, the window looked untouched.

"We should bring this to Sugarcube Corner..." Thorax suggested.

"I was thinking the same thing," Scorpan admitted. "But how are we gonna hide myself from view? As we recall, I had to sleep outside due to my size.”

"Couldn't you just do what you did to the window? You tear a piece of wall off Sugarcube Corner that’s big enough for you to enter,” Thorax suggested. "You can't fit in the doorway. Neither can the statue. But the inside of the building is big enough to fit you.”

Scorpan lifted his non-glowing claw and opened his mouth to speak. Then he closed his mouth and lowered his claw.

Scorpan shrugged.

"Well that seems to be the only option for me to hide with you..." he pondered, scratching his chin with the claw that wasn't glowing. He then lowered his claw halfway down, which immediatly began glowing anyway. "Very well."

And with a POOF, along with a burst of golden light, Scorpan and Thorax were gone, along with the statue.

The last thing they heard before vanishing was the sound of large doors opening inside the building.



Sugarcube Corner...



When Thorax and Scorpan arrived, Scorpan set down the statue in front of them. The duo turned to face each other.

"So..." Thorax began to say. "Should we free the former villains first or-"

"We enter the building first," Scorpan concluded.

Thorax watched as the gargoyle walked past him, and around the right corner of the building. Thorax trotted to an area where he could see what Scorpan was going.

Thorax watched as Scorpan groaned, holding out both of his very bright claws. The wall Scorpan faced was caked in another magnificent golden glow.

CRUNCH!!!

Scorpan's straining halted when the wall suddenly popped out of it's resting spot. Scorpan backed away, the wall floating further from the building as he did.

Scorpan turned his head to Thorax.

"Bring the statue inside!" the gargoyle ordered.

Immediatly Thorax did as he was told and galloped to the statue. Due to this being the first time he lifted it, Thorax's mind felt an immediate strain as he used his magic to pick up the heavy statue.

But luckily, he powered through.

Thorax walked at a normal pace, the statue following close behind. The changeling king turned the corner, and was the first to enter the humongous hole in the building. The statue entered second. When Thorax was a good distance from the area he entered, he levitated the statue of the former villains to the other side of the room. He set it down, a large gasp escaping his lips as he finally put down the ginormous weight he was carrying.

He set his gaze on the statue.

"Huh..." he muttered. "And here I thought I would be slower in bringing this statue in the building. I guess I power through better than I thought..."

The changeling king then turned around.

He saw Scorpan, who managed to make his way to the other side of the wall he was carrying. Now standing on the other side of the chunk of floating wall, Scorpan made his way into the building, his speed a little quicker than when Thorax entered the building with the statue. Scorpan had no need to crouch or crawl when he entered. Since the inside of the building was bigger than the doorway itself, Scorpan was still able to stand at his full height.

As soon as he entered the building, Scorpan turned around. The levitating chunk of wall suddenly retreated back to where Scorpan tore it out. The wall slid into the hole like a puzzle piece. And just like the window, the shaped line seperating the chunk of wall from the rest of the building began to glow bright.

And a few seconds later, the glowing subsided, and the wall was as good as new.

Scorpan stepped forward to stand beside Thorax, who turned around to face the statue.

When the duo stood side-by-side, facing the statue, Scorpan spoke, still keeping his gaze on the statue.

"Well... now for the hard part. I suggest we back away. I will hold a shield for us since some pieces will head our way."

The duo backed away, and a golden shield materialized in front of him.

"Ready?" said Thorax, turning his head toward his ally.

Scorpan looked at Thorax.

He nodded.

Scorpan then faced the statue, lifting up his claw once again. He felt the energy of his magic tingle around his flesh as his claws began to illuminate his signature golden glow.

Slowly, the statue began to coat itself in glowing white cracks. Some very tiny pieces even fell off, showing bits of flesh, fur, or hair.

But finally, the statue suddeny burst in a golden light, and chunks of stone flew in every which way, many pieces deflecting off the shield. Thorax shielded himself despite already being protected. Scorpan did the same, his claw now only illuminating a dimmer light to hold up the shield.

THUNK!!!

Thorax and Scorpan lowered their forehooves and looked at the source of the sound. And there, smushed to the base of the shield, was a black chitin muzzle connected to a changeling that Thorax knew all too well. Queen Chrysalis.

Scorpan looked at what remained of the statue, then turned his focus to the glimpse of a centaur laying behind the remaining pedestal. Tirek. And on that pedestal lay a filly. Cozy Glow.

And before the duo could speak, they heard the sounds of groaning coming from the three former villains. Thorax and Scorpan looked at Chrysalis, who was rubbing her head and then watched Tirek and Cozy do the same.

Scorpan lowered the shield.

And, as if on cue, the trio of former villains stood up at the same time, groaning.

But Chrysalis was the first to fully lift her head and acknowledge their saviors. Or at least one of them. Her face was full of disbelief.

"Thorax?" she whispered.

Tirek turned his head to the left to see who had rescued them and Cozy lifted her head.

"Scorpan?..." Tirek uttered.

Cozy looked around to see if there was anything else.

Then she lowered her head.

"Oh..." she whimpered.

"But..." Tirek wheezed, trying to piece everything together. "...you came for us? How did you escape-"

"We weren't in range of the dome when it closed," explained Scorpan.

"Oh, so Luster was with you?" asked Chrysalis.

"Yes," replied Thorax. "But- wait. How did you know Luster escaped?"

"She communicated with us..." Cozy recounted, swirling her hoof on the stone pedestal while she sat on her flank. "She helped these creatures called humans save us when we thought our time was up."

"Long story," Chrysalis stated. "But unfortunately, her mission to save us along with the world was short-lived when we discovered she was turned to stone. By none other than Grogar, who apparently disguised himself as a pony, banished us here, and then usurped the Princess."

"We know," said Scorpan. "Though we had no idea that Luster was turned to... stone."

"We will save her," Thorax assured. "Along with the rest of Equestria."

"But how?" Cozy asked from the pedestal. "There's only six of us and Grogar has FAR more magic then us!"

"Well we have ONE thing he doesn't have..." Tirek chimed with a grin. "...friendship, and the ability to be annoyingly lucky!"

Scorpan chuckled.

"Wow..." he muttered. "You really have changed. I don't know how much, but you have."

Cozy hopped off her pedestal.

"Well trust us. We didn't look like this ten hours ago," Tirek claimed. "I was bigger, Chrysalis was different, and Cozy had no cutie mark."

"Hey Chrysalis, what was your metamorphosized form like?" Thorax questioned with curiosity.

"Indescribable," the former changeling queen gushed. "If we end up getting out of this alive, I will be happy to show you."

Thorax blinked.

"Wow. Who are you and what have you done with Chrysalis?" he teased.

Chrysalis laughed.

SLAM!!!

The five remaining hopes of Equestria snapped their heads to the door as it slammed open.

And a blue ram entered the doorway.

"Well, well, well..." Grogar sneered, his sinister smirk sending chills down everycreatures spines. "This little 'meeting' of yours is over!"

And the Bewitching Bell was glowing with undeniable rage.

Author's Note:

Finally! Back into the ol' gig! I really don't know how long the third act of this story will be, and I really hope I get over that phase where I always specify who says what and what they do. But I guarentee the third act will be epic, slightly twisty, and sprinkled with a tad bit of humor.

Link to poll: https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/881006/poll-which-crossover-fic-should-happen

Link to other stories (if you want to read them. You don't have to): https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theories on what will happen. And always let the brony or pegasister within conquer your creativity.

PreviousChapters Next