• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 2,452 Views, 229 Comments

The Dusk of Troubled Views - ScorchingFlamesInc



In this sequel to The Dawn of a New Mission, Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow question themselves a day after reforming. But when they are banished to an unknown world, the fate of Equestria relies on them... and three bipedal creatures.

  • ...
13
 229
 2,452

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: Plans and Studying

POOF!!!!

The three of us were suddenly outside of a very large building in a parking lot.

"Is this it?" asked Dave.

"I think so..." I said.

"So, what's the plan?" Eddie inquired.

"I already have it covered," I said. "Luster will give us disguises with fake ID's. When we show them off to those who are suspicious, they will fall under mind control."

"Seems complicated and impossible, for that matter..." Dave mumbled.

"I think it's a decent plan if she can pull it off, but couldn't Luster just mind-control the whole building and be done with it?" asked Eddie.

I shrugged.

"Wait. Couldn't she just save the trio instead of hiring US to do it?"

"If she could, she would have done it already. But she contacted us for a reason. We need to go for it."

Nobody else said anything. Dave broke the brief silence.

"Ok. Let's call Luster."



Meanwhile...



A few minutes ago, when Beck found the room to keep the trio in, she got their names before getting down to business.

First, she contacted a few squad leaders and other FBI agents, and instructed them to go to the testing room harboring the trio. She then gave them instructions to bring them any tool of their choice, so then it would be easier for the creatures to tell the truth. Then, she made a few calls.

As she made the calls, men started entering the room.

Soon, everything was already in place. All three of them were sitting at the end of a large table with no chairs. Chrysalis was hooked up to the lie-detector machine. Multiple FBI men stared at them, unmoving. An agent, a blond-haired man, was standing on the side of the table facing the woman. He was watching the lie-detector machine.

Beck pulled out the chair that was on the other side of the table and sat down.

"Now..." she started. "I'm going to be asking you some questions. You will answer them. My comrade will watch this lie-detector machine attached to Chrysalis. One lie and I will ask again. And again. And again."

"You don't understand what is happening here!" Chrysalis said. "This cloaked pony that teleported us here is not like any we have seen! HE was one of the reasons we were here! And when we saw him and the OTHER cloaked ponies, we had a bad feeling RIGHT from the start!"

The lie-detector machine resumed going steady. The second agent looked at Beck and nodded.

"Well, I appreciate the honesty about what you assume is a 'threat'," Beck said. "But there are more of us than him. Even when his magic is extreme, with enough men, we could restrain him. Now, no more out-of place comments! I want only answers. Now then... first question... how does magic exist in your world?"

"It just does," said Chrysalis. "I don't know."

The second agent looked back at Beck and gave her the signal that Chrysalis was telling the truth.

"Is it possible to harvest magic WITHOUT using magic?"

"No," replied Chrysalis.

Again, Beck got the signal that Chrysalis was being honest.

"Would you DARE use it for government purposes if you were able to?"

"Why should we?" Chrysalis hissed. "You refuse to understand, and only care about your benefits! Well, we don't care if you are a good community! We don't CARE if you offer currency to us!!! We don't care about ANYTHING having to do with you!"

Tears started forming in Chrysalis' eyes as she looked away for a brief moment, before returning her gaze to the agent.

"We used to be BITTER and EVIL!!! We wanted nothing more than REVENGE and POWER! Especially ME!!! But that changed! Now, all we want, is a GOOD life! A life we get to experience after we learned the power of friendship! We aren't who we used to be anymore! We want nothing more than a LIFE!! And whether we are good or evil, we would NEVER work for those who even TRY to take that happiness away from us! We never even got to make full amends with those we deceived! I never got to apologize to my former kingdom! Tirek never got to reconcile with his brother! And Cozy never even got the chance to search for the ONE POSSIBLE scrap of family she has left!!! And if you think that we would EVER work with MONSTERS like you, all we would do is laugh, and call you the former shadow of our past selves!!!"

Chrysalis finally finished talking, huffing and puffing greatly. Tirek put his arm around Chrysalis for comfort while tears came out of Cozy's eyes.

Beck looked at them in shock before she started to speak.

"W-wow. I-"

Suddenly, the agent flashed a very dim, but familiar, shade of yellow. As soon as the dim light faded, Beck lowered her head and closed her eyes.

"A-are you ok?" asked the second agent.

Beck raised her head.

"I'm fine. It's just... I feel that we have all the answers we need..." she replied.

"Huh?" asked the agent.

"It's not that. This changeling, if that is what you're called, insulted us. And yet, we work with the government and work to protect this country. So I think these three need to be taught some manners... I have someone I think they'd like to meet."

"Who?..." Tirek asked.

Beck smiled in a devious manner. In the short time they all knew her, something about the situation seemed unnatural.

And then the door burst open.

Author's Note:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

What will happen next?

Feel free to make theories on what will happen! And always let the brony or pegasister within conquer your creativity.

PreviousChapters Next