• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 2,429 Views, 229 Comments

The Dusk of Troubled Views - ScorchingFlamesInc



In this sequel to The Dawn of a New Mission, Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow question themselves a day after reforming. But when they are banished to an unknown world, the fate of Equestria relies on them... and three bipedal creatures.

  • ...
13
 229
 2,429

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: Flashbacks and Plotting: Part 2

Once Grogar was out of the mare's sight, he began the next phase of his plan. All he had to do was cast a spell on himself to turn into a flying mist of magic, and search Equestria for the Canterlot Garden.

He was lucky he had the ability to do that too. He knew that many things changed while he was gone, and he didn't want to go through all the trouble asking for directions. And even though he could mind-control ponies to give him directions, it would take longer than what he has in mind.

Grogar looked around to be sure he was safe, before he lit up his horn. Suddenly, his whole body lit up yellow before becoming transparent and misty.

Now that the transformation was out of the way, Grogar leaped off the ground and flew into the air at a fast speed.

Buildings and trees covered the land. Grogar could see living beings near those buildings.

Not all were ponies, which caught Grogar by surprise. There were dragons, griffons, and many other creatures too.

He would question it later.

With the speed he was going, it didn't take long for Grogar to find a large city. He would normally fly buy it, but a certain flag caught his eye.

Canterlot, home of the Princess

He found it. The city of Canterlot.

Grogar dove closer to the city and began to search for the garden.

It took even quicker to find the garden than the city.

The size of the garden convinced him that this was his destination.

Grogar dove in and turned back into his pony form. He looked at the words on the gate.

Canterlot Garden

"Bingo..." Grogar said to himself.

He walked in and lit his horn, hoping to find the signs of life he was looking for.

Much to Grogar's luck, for the third time today, it didn't take long for him to find what he wanted.

The yellow glow on his horn suddenly lit up, dimmed, lit up, and dimmed again.

As soon as he took notice, he started to search even harder, until he saw a statue that glowed a dim yellow.

Grogar did this magic many times. So as soon as he saw the glowing statue, he knew that he found the signs of life that he wanted to find.

The statue had three forms. A frightened filly, a cowering centaur, and a scowling changeling leaping at her prey.

Why there was a filly in stone, Grogar had no idea.

But he was about to find out.

Grogar lit up his horn and the glow around the stone statue intensified.

One by one, he saw the memories of each figure, and he suddenly gained an understanding of what they had done.

The changeling, Chrysalis, attacked Canterlot and crashed a wedding. The power of love cast her away. She soon returned, but was defeated again. Along with that second defeat, every single one of her changeling subjects reformed. She herself was offered friendship, before she declined and went away.

She also made clones of six ponies, one of them looking like the mare he met earlier. Only younger.

The centaur, Tirek, came with his brother to drain magic. His brother reformed, however, and Tired continued his ways. It resulted in his Tartarus imprisonment. Soon, he escaped and stole nearly every ounce of magic before his next defeat. Soon, he conspired with the filly to drain Equestrian magic, but that failed too. he even had to help seven of his foes escape Tartarus when they were trapped.

The filly, Cozy Glow, had an odd past. A past that led her to pretend to be a good pony, enroll in a school of friendship, and conspire with Tirek to drain magic. She herself was imprisoned after defeat.

What all these memories had in common was what happened next. Somecreature grouped up Chrysalis, Cozy, Tirek, and what looked like a shadowy unicorn. And who grouped them up?

Discord. Disguised as Grogar himself.

Grogar saw how everything else played out.

Sombra, the shadowy unicorn, set up to take over Equestria on his own, but he was soon defeated.

Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy were all sent to get Grogar's bell. They split up, but soon began working together. Aside from getting the bell, another significant thing in that memory was when they almost learned... friendship.

That disgusted Grogar. But he had to continue. He wanted to see how they got into stone.

And he did see the memory.

When the trio got the bell, they hid it from Discord. Soon, they activated it with a book, gave themselves the bell's magic, and then took Discord's magic and left it in the bell.

They almost took over. Ponies were divided and the windings themselves even came back.

He saw how a rainbow defeated the trio, taking away all the magic the bell gave them. The princesses couldn't think of a worthy punishment, but with the help of Discord, they turned the trio to stone.

He also saw a familiar face in the memories showcasing the many near conquests.

The butterscotch pegasus that he spoke with earlier. Only younger.

"The pegasus I spoke with earlier?" he muttered while watching the memories. "No wonder she knew so much..."

When Grogar finished watching the memories, he made his decision.

"You three seemed worthy..." he began. "Almost taking over Equestria many times and even using my bell. You all seem worthy to help me... however... I loathe friendship. And seeing you all nearly learn it convinced me that I should just leave you here. Sure, you denied friendship. Sure, you pretended to want it. But all of you almost learned it. And one of you wanted to use it for power. Sure, it was for evil. But I despise friendship. So... I'm just gonna leave you here. Oh, but don't worry..."

Grogar grinned.

"You all gave me a suggestion for an ally. And I'm sure to find more on my own..."

And with that, Grogar turned into his yellow-magic-mist form and flew off into the sky.

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas, my friends.

I know this was rushed. But I wanted to get a chapter out on Christmas and I was running out of time.

Link to other stories (if you want to read them. You don't have to): https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theories on what will happen. And always let the brony or pegasister within conquer your creativity.

PreviousChapters Next