• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,496 Views, 174 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 174
 4,496

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23 - Twilight Finds Out

Spike jumped at Rarity's voice so much that it broke the kiss.

"Rarity I... uhh...", Spike didn't know what to say.

"Greetings Rarity, Spike said he was having a picnic with you", Luna smiled unaware of what just happened. Rarity held back her tears once again.

"So, you two... are... together", Rarity finally managed to ask. Luna looked at Spike at smiled.

"Yeah, it happened while he was visiting Canterlot", Rarity had never seen Luna this happy, but her love for Spike overtook her.

"Well, Spike, it's nice to know you move on very quickly", Rarity said passive-aggressively.

"Quickly!? Rarity, I was in love with you for four years, how is that moving on quic---", Spike was cut off.

"I don't want to hear it... goodbye, Spike", Rarity walked away with her head held high, pretending as if nothing bothered her.

"What was that about?", Luna said shocked at Rarity's behaviour.

"I'll explain on the way back to the castle", Spike said trying to comprehend what just happened.

Spike and Luna were on their way to the castle.

"So she confessed her love towards you?", Luna asked.

"Yeah, it was, well, awkward, and at the time you understandably didn't want ponies thinking you were some sort of rebound", Spike explained.

"Yeah, I can imagine how awkward it must have been, and it definitely explains her behaviour", Luna said thinking about how Rarity acted.

"So, with that out the way, I'm so pleased you are here", Spike said trying to lighten the subject.

"Me too, and as I said I told my sister, and she doesn't think is some sort of rebound", Luna said smiling.

"So, you're ready for ponies to know?", Spike asked just making sure he understood what Luna was saying. Luna stopped and looked at Spike.

"Spikey, I don't care who knows, as long as I get to be around you", Luna said before giving Spike a kiss.

"I love you, Luna", Spike just looked at Luna and could see the love in her eyes.

"I love you too, Spike", Luna smiled, and Spike returned the smile, a moment passed before they realised what they were doing.

"Oh, we better continue making our way to the castle", Spike said with a bit of a laugh.

"Oh right, of course", Luna responded, also with a little laugh. Spike and Luna continued towards the castle. "What do you think Twilight will say?", Luna asked.

"I'm not sure, but first I want to ask her why she said Rarity and I were on a date when we were just talking", Spike said slightly frustrated.

Spike and Luna reached the castle, but both paused before going in.

"Are you sure you wanted to let her know?", Spike said checking if Luna was okay.

"Spikey, I've never been more sure about anything in my life", Luna said smiling. Spike took a deep breath and walked into the castle as Luna followed.

"Twilight! I'm back", Spike shouted so Twilight could hear, after a second or two he heard hoof steps running towards him.

"Spike! How did the---", Twilight stopped when she saw Luna. "Luna? What are you---where's Rarity?", Twilight was confused.

"Twilight, I need to talk to you", Spike said seriously.

"Oh, uhh... okay, let's all go to the main hall", Twilight said.

They all sat down, Spike looked nervous, and Luna put her hoof on Spike's claw which made him look up to see Luna smiling and she gave him a nod.

"So, Twilight, there was a reason I wanted to stay in Canterlot a bit longer", Spike started.

"Okay, and why was that?", Twilight asked still confused.

"Well, uhh... you see... I started to fall for Luna", Spike said nervously. At first, there was silence but then,

"WHAT!? Do you mean to tell me that because you and Rarity didn't work out, you went to Canterlot to make a move on Luna!?", Twilight was so angry.

"No, Twilight, it's not like that, I went to talk to Luna, I didn't go to make a move on her", Spike tried to explain. Twilight didn't listen.

"I can't believe you, Rarity finally falls for you and you do this!", Twilight took a breath, "is that why Luna's here because you did this? Are you in trouble? Am I in trouble?", Luna felt like she needed to speak up.

"Twilight I can assure you, my visit has nothing to do with anypony being in trouble, also Spike didn't make a move on me, we just ended up falling for each other", Luna explained.

"Wait, falling for... each other?", Twilight looked at Spike and then at Luna then back at Spike. "You two? You're... together?", Twilight asked.

"Yes, Twilight, Spikey and I are an item", Luna said with a smile. There was another moment of silence. Twilight looked at both the dragon and princess and calmed herself before talking.

"Sorry for the outburst, it's just that Rarity came to me, to tell me, she finally felt the same way Spike felt about her, I was excited because I knew how much you loved her Spike", Twilight said sincerely.

"It's okay, Twilight, we wanted to tell you first, of course after Celestia, but Rarity found out just after our picnic"

"Oh no! What did she say?", Twilight said worryingly knowing how Rarity felt.

"She said it's nice to know I move on very quickly in a quite passive-aggressive tone, and when I tried to explain, she cut me off, said she want to hear it, said goodbye and walked off", Spike rubbed the back of his due to his nervousness.

"Right, so she didn't take it well", Twilight sat there thinking. "You have really fallen for Luna?", Twilight asked Spike.

"Yeah, she makes me so happy", Spike looked at Luna with a massive smile on his face which made Luna smile. Twilight looked at them looking at each other and could see the love in their eyes.

"Okay, well, I'm glad you two are happy", Twilight said with a slight smile, as she was still worried about Rarity. "You said you tried to explain to Rarity?", Twilight asked making sure she heard Spike right.

"Yeah, but she didn't want to hear it", Spike replied.

"Okay, would you mind if I went and spoke to her, to see if she'll let you two talk to her?", Twilight asked, Spike looked and Luna and she smiled and nodded, Spike looked back at Twilight.

"No, we don't mind, it would be nice to be able to talk this out properly with her", Spike explained.

"Okay, well, you stay here, I'll see if Rarity will come and talk", Twilight stood up and made her way to the exit.

"Thank you, Twilight", Spike said before Twilight left.

"Wow! What unfortunate timing", Twilight said quietly said to herself as she left the castle.

PreviousChapters Next