• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,496 Views, 174 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 174
 4,496

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28 - Does He Love Me?

There was a moment of silence while Spike and Rarity were walking. The young dragon didn’t seem to mind, but it slightly bothered Rarity.

“So, are we heading to Spike’s solitude?” Rarity asked. Spike looked up at her.

“Where else would we go?” Spike asked, confused.

“Of course, I was just checking,” Rarity said with a nervous laugh.

Once they reached the entrance, they made sure no one was looking and made their way down to the area they usually have their picnic.

“This is so lovely,” Rarity said, sitting down, forgetting a beautiful ‘Spike’s Solitude’ was.

“Yeah, it’s been a while since you’ve been here,” Spike said, looking around.

“Spike... can I ask you something?” Rarity asked nervously.

“Of course, what’s up, Rarity?” Spike said, smiling.

“Did you really miss me?” Spike’s smile changed to a confused look.

“Why would you ask that? Of course I missed you,” Rarity smiled, but it didn’t last long. “You know you’re special to me,” Spike said with a warm smile.

“I am?” Rarity asked, confused.

“Of course, I thought you knew that,” Rarity smiled and she couldn’t stop.

“That warms my heart, Spike, thank you,” Spike and Rarity just smiled at each other for a second.

“Shall we eat?” Spike’s question brought Rarity out of her daze.

“Oh yes, of course, I packed something special for you,” Spike got excited.

“Oooh, is it ruby and cucumber sandwiches?” Spike said half joking, but also wishing he was right.

“Not quite, it’s sapphire and cucumber sandwiches!” Rarity said, pulling them out of the basket and showing them to Spike.

“Sapphire!? That’s better than rubies! Rarity you shouldn’t have gone through so much trouble, I know how hard these are to find, also you love using sapphires with your dresses,” Rarity waved a hoof at Spike.

“Meeting up with you again is a very special occasion and calls for the finest feast,” Rarity said with a chuckle, which made Spike do the same.

“I have missed this so much, I love spending time with you,” Spike said, smiling.

“Me too, you’re very special to me,” Rarity said, also smiling.

“As are you, to me, Rarity,” Rarity opened her arms for a hug, which Spike accepted. It didn’t last long, but Rarity didn’t mind. She was with Spike, that’s all that mattered. Rarity looked at Spike.

The way he is looking at me, is it like before?

Spike looked at Rarity, confused, but Rarity didn’t notice Spike’s expression had changed.

He said I’m special to him

He’s so happy to see me

He must love me again

And I still love him

Rarity lent in and locked lips with Spike, but felt a firm push which broke the kiss.

“RARITY! WHAT THE HELL!?” Spike wiped his lips with his claws, “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU JUST DID THAT!” Spike stood up, “This picnic is over,” Spike walked away.

“Spike! WAIT!” Rarity went after him.

PreviousChapters Next