• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,496 Views, 174 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 174
 4,496

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36 - A Princess's Blessing

Celestia, Twilight, Luna and Spike were walking back from the Épices Florales.

“I can’t believe it was the same bouncer,” Spike laughed

“Yeah, did you see the look on his face when he saw me?” Luna laughed

“It was a picture,” Twilight chuckled. “Honestly, I can’t believe he just ignored you last time.”

“Oh, don’t worry, Twilight, Luna put him in his place,” Spike smiled at Luna.

“Yes, my sister had quite a tone when talking to him or about him,” Celestia chuckled.

Spike and the three princesses finally made it back to the castle.

“Well, I feel like I need to rest after that food,” Luna said, walking into the castle.

“Yeah, I’m going to go to my room and end up falling asleep,” Twilight chuckled.

Everypony made their way to their rooms. When Spike and Luna got to their room, they just led on the bed, holding each other. Spike looked at Luna with pure love and felt his heart flutter.

“I’m so in love with you, Luna,” what Spike said, surprised Luna, but she was so happy she teared up. Spike noticed this and was concerned, “Luna? Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?” Luna gently shook her head.

“No, my Spikey, actually quite the opposite, you said you’re in love with me instead of say, you love me, and that makes me so happy,” Spike smiled.

“So, they’re tears of happiness?” Luna smiled.

“They are tears of happiness and pure love,”

“Well, I’m glad to hear that,” Spike pulled Luna closer to him.

“I’m so in love with you too, Spike, nopony or dragon has made me feel this way, I have never been so happy”, Luna continued to snuggle into Spike.

Both the princess of the night and the young dragon led in each other’s arms before they fell asleep.

A couple hours went by and Spike woke up, and he just looked at Luna, who was still sleeping.

’I want to spend the rest of my life with her’ Spike thought, not even realising his thoughts. ’Wait… I actually do… I want to marry her’ Spike was happy and excited at the thought of marrying Luna and spending his life with her, but he had a thought.

’I’ll need blessing and permission’,, Spike slipped out from underneath Luna’s arm without waking her up. Then he gently opened the door and went to Celestia’s room.

Celestia was in her room resting, but not sleeping, when she heard a gentle knock on the door.

“Celestia, are you awake?” Spike asked gently, not wanting to wake up the princess if she was asleep.

“Yes, Spike, I’m awake, you can come in,” Celestia smiled. Spike opened the door and walked into Celestia’s room. Spike had a lot of confidence and excitement on the way, but now he was in front of Celestia, he got a bit nervous.

“Celestia, you know how Luna and I have been together?”, Celestia nodded. “Well, I was wondering… umm… if it was okay to umm… I came to ask if… uhh… if I could have your permission and your blessing… to marry her,” Spike’s nerves almost got the better of him, but he managed to actually ask Celestia.

Celestia didn’t say anything or show any emotion, which worried Spike, eventually she gave him a smile.

“Spike, you have made my sister a very happy mare, and I can see a difference in both you and her. I’m more than happy to give both my permission and my blessing,” Spike let out a quiet sigh of relief before speaking.

“Thank you, Celestia, I really do appreciate it,” Spike smiled.

“You’re welcome, Spike, I appreciate you coming to ask me, oh, and may I give you a bit of advice before you leave?” Celestia saw Spike getting ready to go.

“Of course,” Spike stopped.

“She’s not into the traditional diamond ring, she’d probably prefer something darker, if you know what I mean,” Celestia gave Spike a wink. The young dragon knew what she meant.

“I see, thank you, Celestia,” Spike said, making his way out of the room.

“You’re welcome, Spike, and good luck,” Celestia said, just as Spike closed the door, Celestia couldn’t help, but smile.

Now, the question is how do I get a ring without Luna being around and without looking or acting suspicious… Spike thought for a second, ...maybe Twilight could help.

Spike made it to Twilight and knocked on the door gently, he was just about to say something when he heard Twilight’s voice.

“Come in,” Spike walked in to see Twilight just sitting on her bed.

“Hey Twilight, can I talk to you?” Twilight could hear a worry in Spike’s tone.

“Sure, here, come sit,” Twilight sat patting a space on the bed next to her. Spike shut the door behind him and sat next to Twilight. “Everything okay, Spike,” Twilight asked, concerned.

“Well, I asked Celestia for her permission and blessing to marry Luna,” Spike’s words shocked Twilight.

“You want to marry Luna!” Spike hushed Twilight.

“Can you not say it so loud? Luna has no idea and I don’t want the entire castle to know,” Twilight covered her mouth with her hooves and then uncovered her mouth to speak.

“Sorry, Spike, it just came as a surprise to me, please continue…” Twilight composed herself.

“Well, there are two things, one, I’d like you to give me away,” Twilight couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“Give you away? Spike, it would an be honour,” Twilight said smiling.

“Well, I practically grew up with you and you raised me, so it seems only right,” Spike returned the smile.

“What’s the second thing?” Twilight asked, remembering what Spike said.

“Well, I need to try to get a ring, but I need to do it in a away, where Luna doesn’t find out, whether that is buying one when she is not with me, and/or doing it without looking or being suspicious,” Twilight thought for a second.

“Okay, I’m not sure how yet, but I will come up with a way to help you,”

“Thank you, Twilight,” Spike gave Twilight a hug.

“You’re welcome, Spike,” Twilight returned the hug.

“Right, I better get back before Luna wakes up and realises I’m gone,” Spike said, letting go of Twilight.

“Okay, Spike,” Spike made his way out of Twilight’s room. When the young dragon left, Twilight smiled.

“You have truly changed and grew up, Spike”

PreviousChapters Next