• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,496 Views, 174 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 174
 4,496

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11 - New Strange Feelings

Spike and Luna quickly made their way to the top of the castle. When they made it Luna closed her eyes and used her magic to raise the moon. Spike stood there mesmerised. After the moon was raised Luna opened her eyes and turned to Spike who's eyes were wide and sparkling.

"Is everything alright, Spike?", Luna asked.

"Yeah! I just forgot how beautiful it was to see the moon being raised", Spike said still half mesmerised.

"I remember one night, I was feeling jealous of my sister, everyone would appreciate the sun she rose and just sleep and ignore the beautiful night while I raised the moon, I just felt like keeping the moon up, just so other ponies would appreciate my night as they did my sister's day", Luna shuddered thinking back and remembering how she felt that night. "But that was also the night you told me how beautiful it was, and it made me feel so much better and having just one dragon appreciate my night was enough", Spike smiled at the fact he was able to help Luna that night.

"Glad I could help", Spike said placing an arm around Luna's back. Luna turned to face Spike as they looked at each other they both smiled and then both pulled each other in for a hug. Luna cooed.

"I'm so glad you're here, Spike", Luna said still hugging Spike.

"Me too", Spike replied.

"I better start guarding the night", Luna said, reluctantly letting go of Spike.

"Oh right, of course", Spike said.

"Going back to our conversation, Spike, if you don't mind me asking, how does it feel to see Rarity as a friend rather than a potential somepony?" Luna asked curious to see how Spike felt after he explained how his feelings have changed. Spike was taken aback by the question and had to think before he answered. Luna noticed Spike was taking a while to answer the question.

"I apologise, Spike, it's too soon to ask", Luna said feeling guilty.

"No, I am more than happy to answer I was just thinking", Spike explained which made Luna feel a lot better. "I suppose in a way, it's kind of nice because I'll still do everything I can for her, but because I care for her as a friend and I won't go over the top, trying to impress her or anything, if that makes sense", Spike said sheepishly not knowing if what he just said made any sense. Luna smiled.

"It's okay, Spike, I knew what you meant", Luna said warmly.

"I've never had to explain myself to you, you've always understood me", Spike smiled. Spike started to feel tired after being up so early and staying so up late, he failed to hold back a yawn. Luna noticed Spike was looking a bit tired.

"You can go and rest Spike, honestly", Luna said caringly. Spike shook his head.

"No, I'm fine, honestly, I'll just sit here for a bit", Spike said as he sat down next to Luna.

"Okay, if you insist, Spike", Luna spent a few minutes just watching over the night before she looked up at her night sky and saw the beautiful stars.

"Spike, have you seen the stars tonight?", Luna asked, when she looked over at Spike, she saw the dragon curled up asleep, but she wasn't angry, she just smiled, he looked so cute, all curled up and comfortable, Luna used her magic to pick Spike up and gently put him in his bed. It wasn't long before Luna found herself lightly stroking Spike's head with her hoof. Luna then noticed she had a strange feeling come over her.

"Why do I feel the urge to snuggle up next to him?", Luna whispered to herself. She ignored the feeling, stopped stroking Spike's head and made her way back to the top of the castle to guard the night.

PreviousChapters Next