• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,496 Views, 174 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 174
 4,496

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 35 - Dear Spike...

Rarity was trying to not let the situation get her down, but in the back of her mind, she was at least hoping she could send Spike an instant letter.

“Oh well, Rarity, I suppose it wasn’t meant to be today, I’ll try again Saturday, that’s usually the day we went out anyway,” with the thought of seeing Spike on Saturday she went back to her boutique to focus on her work.

Twilight just finished explaining her project to Spike and Luna.

“Well, no wonder it took you so long, Twilight,” Spike chuckled.

“How was I supposed to know that, that was going to happen?” Twilight laughed.

“Fair enough, I’ll give you that one,” Spike laughed. Luna was just smiling at Spike while he spoke to Twilight. Spike noticed this. “Luna?”

“Yes, Spike?” Luna responded, still smiling.

“You okay? You’re just looking at me?” Luna smiled.

“Am I not allowed to look at my handsome dragon?”

“Alright, you two, leave the lovely-dovey stuff until I have left the room,” they all laugh.

“No, I was just admiring how much Spike cares for everypony,” Spike smiled at Luna.

“Well, I tell you one thing Luna, I have never seen Spike this happy, so, thank you,” Luna gave Twilight a smile. “Well, I’m going to go and catch up with Celestia, maybe we can all go and do something later,” Twilight suggested.

“That’d be lovely,” Luna responded

“Yeah, I’m up for that,” Spike said not too long after Luna.

“Great!” Twilight smiled and left Luna’s (and Spike’s) room, shutting the door with her magic behind her.

Rarity was working on her new line while also lost in thought.

“Ouch!” it suddenly brought the white unicorn out of her thoughts after she accidentally stabbed herself with a pin. “It might be best to wait until I’ve processed these thoughts before I continue to work,” Rarity left her work room, grabbed her new book she had been writing, went into her living room and sat down.

“What am I thinking about the most?” Rarity asked herself out loud. “I suppose it would be that Spike wouldn’t want to see me, but he doesn’t know that I have self-reflecting, so maybe before I go and see him I should let him know what I’ve been doing, and how I’m feeling,” Rarity went to a new page in her book and began writing a draft letter on what she wanted to say in her letter to Spike.

Around late afternoon, Twilight and Celestia were just finishing catching up when Twilight’s stomach rumbled. Celestia let out a slight laugh.

“Sounds like a certain princess is hungry,” Celestia said with a smile, but her smile turned to slight surprise when her stomach rumbled, Twilight covered her mouth with her hoof to hide her smile.

“Yeah, it does,” Twilight said, removing her hoof from her mouth laughing. Both alicorns laughed for a second before Twilight remembered something, “Oh! When I saw Spike and Luna that we could all do something later, maybe we can all go out to eat,” Celestia thought for a second and remembered about the Épices Florales that Spike took her and Luna to.

“That sounds like a wonderful idea, you know, Spike took us to that new place called Épices Florales,” Twilight was surprised.

“Really?” Celestia nodded.

“He did, and I’d love to go there again,” Twilight thought about how fancy it’s supposed to be.

“Won’t we need a reservation or something?”

“Usually, yes, but last time we were there the bouncer said that we can eat there whenever we want,” Twilight chuckled a bit.

“Sounds like a good plan then, I’ll go and ask Spike and Luna if they’re up for it,” Twilight said, making her way to Celestia’s bedroom door.

Twilight made her way to Luna and Spike’s bedroom and knocked on the door.

“Come in!” Twilight heard through the door, she opened the door to find Spike and Luna sat on the edge of the bed.

“Hey Twilight,” Spike said when he saw the alicorn open the door.

“Hey Spike, Celestia told me how you took her and Luna to Épices Florales, and since we were both hungry she was thinking of going again, also, I remembered saying we can all do something together, would you like to join us?” Spike looked at Luna.

“Would you like to go to the Épices Florales again?” Luna smiled and nodded.

“Cool, so do you want to meet by the castle doors in about two minutes?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, that’ll be fine,” Luna said.

“Great, see you in a bit,” Twilight said as she left the room and closed the door.

“I do really like that place, I’m excited,” Luna said, smiling.

“It’s so lovely… and the place is too, I suppose,” Spike said, trying not to laugh. Luna was confused, but then she understood what Spike meant.

“Spike, you are such a charmer,” Luna said laughing, Spike laughed with her.

Rarity was still writing in her book, reading her draft letter repeatedly, crossing things out, adding things in, rewording things, etc.

“Right, let’s see how it sounds now,” Rarity said out loud to herself

Dear Spike,

Over the past week, I have been reviewing my actions, and I want to say that I am deeply sorry for what I have said and done. I am truly happy that you have found happiness, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. Additionally, I hope that our picnics could continue, as I enjoy your company as a close friend of mine. I want you to know that I have been working on myself to become a better mare, and I hope I can remain your friend. However, if you don’t or can’t accept my apology and don’t want to see me again, I understand.

From Rarity

“Okay, if I keep tweaking, it’s never going to get sent, so that’s it. Time to write it out neatly and send it,” Rarity grabbed some paper and wrote the letter out.

PreviousChapters Next