• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,496 Views, 174 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 174
 4,496

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31 - What's Going On?

Spike decided to go for a midnight stroll, so he got up and left the castle. The young dragon walked around Ponyville for a while, lost in thought. Eventually, he arrived at the Carousel Boutique.

"Why did my subconscious bring me here?" Spike asked as he gazed at Rarity's shop and let out a sigh. "With time..." he thought. Spike continued walking around Ponyville and eventually decided to go to his special place. However, as he reached the entrance, he felt a slight uneasiness. He chose to ignore it and carry on.

Spike pushed back some bushes to get to the main place and saw a pony. As he got closer, he realized it was Rarity, with her back turned to him. She looked disheveled, with a frazzled mane, slightly dirty coat, and bits of grass stuck to her.

"Rarity?" There was no response, but Spike heard her crying. "Rarity, what are you doing here?" he asked again. Rarity turned around to face Spike, revealing a shocking sight: her face was smeared with makeup, her eyes were bloodshot, and she seemed to have forgotten to put on her false eyelashes.

"Spikey..." Rarity said with a small smile through her tears.

"Why did you come here?" Spike asked, wondering if she had come here to be alone or somehow knew he would turn up.

"Spikey... My Spikey..." Rarity wasn't moving, and her voice didn't sound as melodic as usual. Spike picked up on this.

"Rarity... are you okay?" Rarity just stared at the young dragon, not blinking once.

"My Spikey... you are mine," Rarity said, her expression changing from neutral to extreme rage. "YOU'RE MINE!!!" she went to grab Spike, who moved to run but fell over by the bushes. He looked back and could see Rarity slowly walking towards him.

"Rarity, what's gotten into you?"

"What's that, Spikey? You were joking? And you want to be mine? I'm glad to hear that. Come here and give me a kiss," Rarity continued to walk towards Spike. Spike just squeezed his eyes shut.

"No! I don't love you anymore, don't you understand that!?" Spike said loudly out of fear.

"What?" Spike heard a soft voice that wasn't Rarity's. Spike opened his eyes and saw Luna.

"Luna! Where did you come from?" Spike looked around. "Where's Rarity?" Spike was very confused.

"You don't love me anymore? And you're looking for Rarity?"

"What!? No!" Spike didn't know what was going on.

"What do you mean, no? I just heard you! How dare you play with my feelings!" Luna's horn glowed, and Spike tried to get up and run from her attack, but he couldn't move and just when he thought that he was going to get it, an alicorn flew down from the moon.

"Luna!? But you're there!" Spike was lost. How were two Lunas in front of him?

"Spike, I would never attack you over this. This Luna is an imposter," Spike went to say something but was cut off by the other Luna.

"Spike, I was just upset. I would never attack you. Don't believe her; she's the imposter," Spike just kept looking at both Lunas. "Come with me, Spike, and you'll see."

"Don't you dare touch Spike!" Luna stepped in front. "Spike, you have to--" the other Luna covered Luna's mouth.

"Don't listen to her, Spike. Just run, I'll hold her off," Spike didn't know what to do. Luna managed to move the other Luna's hoof from her mouth.

"Spike!"

"Spike!"

"You just need to wake up!" shouted one of the Lunas.

"AHH!" Spike opened his eyes, darted them around to see that he was in his bedroom. He took a deep breath to compose himself and lay back down. "What a nightmare," Spike just lay there, thinking. "Wait! That one must have been Luna!"

PreviousChapters Next