• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,496 Views, 174 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 174
 4,496

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25 - Let's Talk

Twilight walked into the castle feeling relieved, she took a deep breath, and walked into the main hall. She saw Spike and Luna still sitting down only this time they were sitting closer together.

“Excuse me, you two, not in the main hall,” Twilight said as a joke. Spike and Luna looked around to see the purple alicorn standing there with a smile on her face.

“We weren’t doing anything, Twilight,” Spike said, carrying on with the joke. Luna looked past Twilight.

“Twilight? Did it not go well with Rarity? She doesn’t seem to be with you,” Twilight looked over at Luna.

“Actually, it went really well, she’s going to be here in around ten to fifteen minutes, and she said she’s glad Luna’s still here,” Luna looked confused.

“Me? Why?” Twilight smiled.

“She wants to apologise,” Luna was more confused.

“Why? She didn’t say or do anything to me”, Twilight wasn’t too sure what Rarity was going to apologise to Luna for.

“I’ll let Rarity do the talking,” Luna nodded in agreement.

Rarity was getting ready at her own pace. On one hoof, she wanted to see Spike and Luna to apologise for her outburst, but on the other hoof, she wasn’t too happy about seeing Spike and Luna knowing they were a couple. Rarity was looking in the mirror, making sure she was presentable.

“It’s okay, Rarity, you love Spike, you want him to be happy, and Luna makes him happy,” Rarity said to her reflection.

’I just wish he was happy with me,’ Rarity thought as she hung her head. The white unicorn then composed herself.

“My feelings for Spike don’t excuse my actions,” Rarity took a deep breath and left her boutique and made her way to the castle.

“Are you nervous?” Spike asked Luna while holding her hoof.

“I am, I don’t think I have ever felt this nervous before,” Spike wrapped his arms around Luna, the purple alicorn cooed as she did the same, “Your hugs make me feel better,” Luna smiled.

“Your hugs make me feel safe,” Spike also smiled. They both eventually released each other from the hug, and a few seconds later, heard the castle doors open.

“Looks like she’s her,” Spike said, getting slightly nervous again. Luna put her hoof on Spike’s claw.

“You’re okay, we’re okay,” Spike took a deep breath and quickly exhaled. The main hall doors opened and Rarity walked in with Twilight behind her.

“Right, why don’t we sit,” Twilight said to Rarity. They were all sat around the big circle table. “Rarity?” Twilight prompted.

“First, Luna, I’d like to apologise for my outburst in front of you,” Rarity spoke softly.

“It’s okay, Rarity, Spike explained what happened so I understand why you acted the way you did,” Luna smiled, letting Rarity know it was indeed okay.

“While my actions and words were understandable it doesn’t mean they were acceptable, so I wanted to apologise to both of you,” Rarity took a breath before continuing, “Spike, I’m sorry for saying you moved on quickly, it was just a shock, I was so used to you wanting to spend so much time with me, that the change was sudden to me and I didn’t consider how much time you two spent together to, well, you know,” Rarity couldn’t bring herself to say certain terms just yet.

“I understand, Rarity, and I accept your apology, I was going to explain, but it looks like you’ve already said what I was going to say, this was gradual and unplanned, we just ended up falling for each other,” Rarity did her best to hold back her tears after hearing that term.

“So, what actually happened? How did you two end up getting together?” Twilight asked. Spike and Luna looked at each other and smiled.

“Well, like I said, we didn’t know it was going to happen, but Spike kept me company throughout the nights, like old times, so we were catching up, and talking a lot,” Luna explained.

“But, like, when did you realise you liked each other,” Spike and Luna looked at each other again, then to Rarity, then to Twilight. The purple alicorn then looked over at Rarity, who looked back. At first, the white unicorn was confused, but then she realised.

“Oh, it’s okay, you can explain, I’m good,” Rarity did her best to smile.

“There were times I questioned it, like when Luna hugged me, I’d want it to last for a long time,” Spike said awkwardly while also choosing words carefully.

“Spike made me feel so special, getting me treats, taking Celestia and I out for dinner, and just wanting to spend time with me and no matter what we were doing I enjoyed it,” Luna smiled, remembering the cuddles.

“We both found out we were trying to find ways to tell each other that we were falling for one another,” Spike explained.

“How did you end up finding out?” Twilight said, wanting to know how this happened. Both Spike and Luna felt awkward.

“Well, umm...” Spike started.

“Yeah, we...” Luna continued. The dragon just looked at each other, they both knew there was no other way to say it.

“We kissed,” Spike confessed. Even though Rarity had seen them kiss, knew they were together, she felt her heart break that little more when Spike said those words, but she composed herself, she wanted Spike to be happy.

“Well, I’m happy for you both, and if Spike is happy, I’m happy,” Even though Rarity was hurting, she gave both Spike and Luna a genuine smile.

“Thank you, Rarity, and we can still spend time together, as friends, of course,” Spike said genuinely, smiling back at Rarity.

“Forgive me, Spike, I would love to spend time with you, and I will, I just may need some time...” Rarity spoke softly.

“I understand, Rarity, whenever you are ready,” Spike gave Rarity a warm smile.

“Well, I best be off, my boutique won’t clean itself,” Rarity said, getting up from her seat.

“I’ll see you out,” Twilight followed her out. Spike took a deep breath.

“I think that went well”, Spike said looking at Luna.

“It went better than I thought it would,” Luna said, surprised.

PreviousChapters Next