• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,496 Views, 174 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 174
 4,496

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8 - I See Him Differently

Both Spike and Rarity looked around to see if anypony was looking before they headed into the entrance and walked to 'Spike's Solitude'.

"Ahh, we're finally here", Spike said walking towards the pond and sitting down. Rarity followed Spike to the pond, put down her saddlebag and sat down next to Spike.

"This is delightful", Rarity said while she led down on the grass. Spike looked at her and smiled.

"Can I tell you something, Rarity?", Spike while laying back and looking up at the sky. Rarity turned to face him.

"Of course, Spike", Rarity said smiling, Spike turned his head to look at Rarity.

"Not even Twilight knows about this place, when I come here she just thinks I've gone for a walk.

"So, before me, you were the only one who knew about this place?", Rarity asked.

"Yeah, but I'm glad I showed you because I do enjoy your company", Spike gave Rarity a warm smile.

"Well, Spike, I do feel very honoured and special that you trust me to know about your secret place", Rarity said. They both led there smiling and looking at each other, but while Rarity looked at Spike, she stopped seeing a little dragon who had a crush and started to see a very handsome dragon who she wanted to snuggle in to.

Oh my! I don't think it was just a dream, Rarity thought as she caught herself. Spike noticed Rarity's expression change.

"Are you okay, Rarity?", Spike asked as he sat up.

"Yes", Rarity said sitting up with him, "Sorry, I was just lost in thought". Spike was about to say something, but was stopped by his stomach growling.

"Would you like to eat?", Spike asked as he nervously laughed.

"Sounds like a good idea, Spike", Rarity said as she chuckled, and use her magic to levitate the Tupperware out of her saddlebag. They both started to pick at the snacks.

"So, Spike, I was thinking, would you like to make this a weekly thing?", Rarity said as she picked up another snack.

"What? Meeting here?", Spike said after he finished his mouthful.

"Yeah, every Saturday, would you like to?", Rarity gave Spike a warm smile.

"Yeah, that'd be nice", Spike returned the smile. They both started to eat the snacks again.

About an hour passed by and Spike and Rarity were led in the grass in a nice, comfortable silence.

"I almost forgot to tell you, I'm going to Canterlot, for a couple of days next week", Spike said breaking the silence.

"Oh, has Twilight got a royal duty?", Rarity asked.

"No, not exactly", Spike said not knowing if he should tell Rarity about his dream.

"What do you mean by 'not exactly' Spike?", Rarity asked confused. Deep down he knew he could tell Rarity anything, so he decided to just tell her.

"Well, I told Twilight I wanted to visit, which is true, but there's another reason, and you have to promise me you won't tell anypony", Spike gave Rarity quite a serious look.

"You have my word, Spike, cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye", Rarity did the actions as she made her promise.

"Okay, well, Princess Luna visited me in my dream, and we remembered how we used to talk all the time, so I thought I'd go and catch up with her", Rarity couldn't understand why Spike didn't want anypony to know the real reason, but she respected his wishes.

"That sounds lovely, it's always nice to catch up with an old friend", Spike's smile grew.

"Yeah, thank you, Rarity, I do feel like I can tell you anything", Spike hugged Rarity and she hugged him back. Rarity felt a warm sensation go through her body, it was nice, it felt... magical.

"You're welcome, Spike, I feel the same way towards you", their embrace lasted a while then suddenly they heard the Ponyville tower bell ring in the distance.

"Oh my! Is it that late already?", asked Rarity while she stopped hugging Spike. Spike looked up at the sun.

"I guess it is, I suppose we better go", Spike picked up the Tupperware, put it in Rarity's saddlebag and handed it to her.

"Thank you, Spike", Rarity took the saddlebag and put it on with her magic. They made their way down the path towards the entrance and managed to exit without being seen.

"Well, thank you for a wonderful outing, Spike", Rarity said as they walked towards her boutique.

"You're welcome, Rarity", Spike smiled.

"Same time, next week?", Rarity asked as she reached the front door.

"Are you sure, Rarity, what about your shop?", asked Spike concerned about her business.

"Don't worry, I'm sure my shop could handle a couple of hours off every Saturday", Rarity smiled, Spike returned the smile.

"Well, okay then, same time, next week", They gave each other a hug goodbye, Rarity made her way into her boutique and Spike made his way back to the castle.

PreviousChapters Next