• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,496 Views, 174 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 174
 4,496

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 40 - Rarity's Letter

“Spike…I…” Spike’s smile was completely gone. He didn’t know what to do.

“Luna?” Spike asked. Luna’s shocked expression changed into a slight smile as tears started to form in her eyes.

“I knew you loved me, but not this much,” Luna’s smile grew, “Yes, I will marry you,” Spike managed to smile after a massive sigh of relief. Spike took out the ring and placed it on Luna’s horn. They both hugged each other tight.

“You had me worried for a second there,” Spike said during the hug.

“I’m so sorry, Spikey, I was unaware of how much you really loved me,” Luna released the hug, “but now I know,” the princess of the night smiled at her fiancé.

Rarity was sitting on her couch, unaware that it was the middle of the night. She was just staring at the envelope that had Spike’s name on it, containing the letter that she wrote for him.

“Why haven’t I been able to send it?” Rarity thought out loud, “I don’t even have to use the postal service, I could just slip it underneath the castle doors,” Rarity looked outside, her eyes widened, she then looked over at the clock which read, ‘1:57am,’ “Oh, I suppose now, might not be the best time,” Rarity put the letter down and began to think, “I think it might be best to give to him in person, so we could talk about it after he has read it,” Rarity nodded to herself and went to bed, ”Things are going to be okay, Rarity, you just have to wait,” Rarity said to herself just before she close her eyes to try to get some sleep.

Luna was just lowering the moon, as Celestia reached the top of the castle.

“Morning sister,” Luna said with a massive smile on her face. Celestia saw the ring on Luna’s horn and smiled.

“Morning,” Celestia replied before looking at Spike, “I’m guessing last night went well then,” Spike smiled.

“Yes, thank you,” Luna looked confused.

“Wait, you knew Spike was going to propose?” Celestia let out a slight laugh.

“Yes, well, it was quite sweet how he came to ask for my permission and my blessing and after I gave him both he started planning the perfect day for you,” Luna looked at Spike who looked back at her.

“You… you really love me” Luna’s smile grew.

“I have fallen in love with you,” Spike smiled. Luna started to tear up.

“Alright, you two, I have a sun to rise,” they all laughed before Luna and Spike went to their room to rest.

“Come here,” Spike said, as he led on the bed and stretched his arms out. Luna smiled and joined the young dragon on the bed and snuggled into him. Spike then wrapped his arms around her.

“Mmm,” Luna cooed. Spike and Luna just led together relaxing before falling asleep snuggled into each other.

The sun cracked through Rarity’s curtains, but she didn’t notice as she had her sleep mask on. Opal was at the edge of Rarity and decided she was hungry, so she walked up to Rarity and started playing with her eye mask. Rarity groaned.

“Opal! Stop it!” Rarity said, gently flapping her arms about to try to shoo away Opal. The Persian cat was not happy with this and dug her claws into the mask, pulled it and then released her claws, making the mask smack against Rarity’s face.

“Ahh!” Rarity took off her eye mask. “Opal! You do not pull on a pony’s eye mask, it is uncouth,” Rarity got up, opened the curtains, went downstairs and gave Opal her food. “Honestly, I do not know where that cat gets her bad manners from,” Rarity looked at the clock which read, ‘11:48am’, “Well, that’s still no excuse for her bad manners, I’ve got up later than this,” Rarity said to herself while getting her breakfast.

Luna woke up still snuggled into Spike, she hugged him slightly tighter, which gently woke him up. Spike looked down at Luna and gave a long kiss.

“Morning, gorgeous,” Spike said after the kiss.

“Morning handsome,” Luna replied with a slight laugh, “Is there anything you wanted to do today?” Luna asked, snuggling into Spike more.

“Yes, but not right now. I’d rather just lay here with you for as long as possible,” they both smiled.

“What is it that you wanted to do today?” Luna asked curiously.

“I want to go to Ponyville, and spread the news about our engagement to our friends,” Luna smiled, “Is there anything you wanted to do today?” Spike asked. Luna thought for a second.

“Actually, yes, there was something I wanted to talk to my sister about,” Spike smiled.

“Fair enough, well, I can go back to Ponyville while you talk to your sister about… what exactly?” Spike said, as he realised Luna hadn’t actually said what she was going to talk about.

“About wedding preparations, because I liked to be prepared” the princess of the night and the young dragon smiled at one another.

“Okay, I’m going to see if Twilight can take me back and help me spread the news, but I promise I’ll be back tonight,” Spike assured Luna.

“Don’t stress too much, Spikey, make sure you make time to spend with your friends, as they are important too,”

“Thank you, Luna,” Spike looked into Luna’s eyes.

“Always,” Luna replied while looking into Spike’s eyes. They just looked at each other for a moment before they both leaned in for a kiss, which lasted longer than expected.

Rarity was just pacing around her living room, with her letter to Spike sitting on the table.

“Come on, Rarity, just post it, you can still talk after, you don’t have to give it to him in person,” Rarity picked up the letter with her magic, but then put it back down, “I don’t have to, but it would be better if I did,” Rarity stared at the letter, and then picked back up, “I don’t when they’ll be back,” Rarity put the letter back down, “I just really want to give it to him in person,” Rarity sat on the sofa in her living room in defeat.

Spike was on his way to Twilight’s room, when he saw the purple alicorn come out of her room.

“Twilight!” Spike called out. Twilight looked around to see Spike heading her way.

“Hey Spike, I heard from Celestia that Luna said, ‘Yes!’ Congratulations!,” Twilight’s smile couldn’t be bigger.

“Thank you, Twilight,” Spike said, returning the smile, “Twilight could I ask a favour?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“I was planning on going back to Ponyville to tell friends about the engagement. I was wondering if you could take me there and help me spread the news,” Spike asked. Twilight smiled at the young dragon.

“Of course, Spike, just let me know when you’re ready to go,” Spike smiled.

“Thank you, Twilight, I’m just going to let Luna know what you said and I’ll be ready to go,” Spike started walking before he finished his sentence.

“Okay,” Twilight chuckled and slightly shook her head.

Spike made it back to his and Luna’s bedroom and opened the door to find his gorgeous financée still laying on the bed.

“My my! Don’t you look gorgeous,” Spike said, with a slight laugh. Luna looked up to see Spike.

“Spikey!” Luna sat up with a massive smile on her face, “What did Twilight say?”

“She said she’s happy to take me back, so I can spread the news,” Spike smiled.

“Okay, but remember what I said,” Luna said.

“What’s that?” Spike asked, confused.

“Make time to spend with your friends as your relationship with them is important too,” Luna said lovingly, but seriously.

“Okay, Luna, I will spend time with friends, and not just spread the news,”

“Promise?” Luna asked. Spike went up to Luna and looked her in the eyes.

“Promise,” Spike said before giving Luna, which Luna returned. After the kiss, they hugged each other, before Spike went to find Twilight to let her know he was ready.

“I truly do love you,” Luna said out loud, even though was out of earshot.

Spike made his way back to Twilight’s room, he knocked on the door and he waited for a response.

“Come in!” Twilight said from the other side of the door. Spike walked into Twilight’s bedroom.

“Hey Twilight,” Spike said as he walked in.

“Hey Spike, are you ready to go?” Twilight said, walking towards Spike, who was by the door.

“Yep!” Twilight and Spike made their way out of the castle, Spike climbed onto Twilight’s back, and Twilight opened her wings, flew up and made her way to Ponyville.

Rarity was in her living room, re-reading the letter.

“Actually, because of how I have worded the end, it might be best to just slip it underneath the door,” Rarity put the letter back into the envelope, sealed it, wrote Spike on the back of the envelope, and made her way to the castle.

Rarity was almost there when she saw something in the sky, coming toward the castle, it didn’t take long to realise it was Spike and Twilight. Rarity immediately changed her plans in her head, she was going to give Spike the letter personally either alone or, if he didn’t want to see her, right now, well, in a minute or two. After Twilight landed, Spike got off her back and he saw Rarity walking towards the castle.

“Hello, Spike,” Rarity said, worrying about what Spike might do or say.

“Hey Rarity, what brings you here?” Spike asked, making it obvious that he’s not too bothered.

“I came by to deliver this letter for you, Spike, but since you’re here, I was wondering if we could go somewhere private, where you could read it and then we can talk about it,” Rarity saw Spike’s not too bothered expression, and it hurt her, but she tried not to show it.

“I appreciate that you came over here to personally deliver this letter that you have,” Spike shook his head slightly before continuing, “but I think going to have a private talk with you isn’t the best idea,” Rarity was hurt, but understood Spike’s response.

“I understand, may I still come in and give you the letter?” Rarity asked.

“Well…” Spike looked at Twilight who gave Spike a ‘it’s up to you expression’, “Okay, but I have some news after I have read the letter,” They all walked into the castle, Spike and Rarity sat down in the main hall, and Twilight went to make some tea for everyone. Rarity nervously hands Spike the envelope that contains her letter.

“After reading the last part, you can tell that my original intention was to deliver it rather than give it to you in person,” Rarity said, as Spike opened the envelope. There was silence while Spike was reading the letter until Twilight came in with the tea. She placed the tray down and sat down quietly. Spike finished reading the letter and looked up at Rarity, who didn’t say anything.

“I appreciate that you’ve made the effort to change, I accept your apology, but I’ll have to talk to Luna when it comes to the picnics,” Twilight placed a teacup cup in front of Spike and another one in front of Rarity.

“I completely understand, your relationship with Luna comes first,” Spike noticed that Rarity really had changed, she was speaking differently, holding herself differently and yet she still seemed to be… Rarity.

“That’s one main reason, but there’s another reason, which was my news,” Spike and Twilight were now smiling, “I asked Luna to marry me and she said yes,” two things surprised Rarity, one, the fact that Spike asked Luna and two, that she wasn’t hurt too badly by it, she was just happy for both Spike and Luna.

“Oh my goodness, Spike, congratulations,” Rarity got up, walked over to Spike and gave him a hug. It didn’t last long, but it was meaningful. Rarity went back to her seat and all three of them started drinking their tea.

“I’m glad you two managed to work things out,” Twilight said, after taking a sip of her tea. Spike and Rarity looked at each other and smiled.

“Me too,” Spike said, while Rarity nodded in agreement.

“So, what are you doing back in Ponyville?” Rarity asked, wondering why Spike wasn’t in Canterlot with his fiancée.

“Well, we’re in Ponyville to tell our friends about the engagement,” Rarity smiled, she could see how happy Spike was and that made her happy.

PreviousChapters Next